We could go to Aruba.
我们可以去阿鲁巴岛
Aruba? Where's that?
阿鲁巴岛?那是什么地方
Oh, it's in the Caribbean.
那是在加勒比海
It's a Dutch protectorate.
那是荷兰的保护国
There's no reciprocal extradition.
和美国没有签订引渡协议
I've never been to a protectorate before.
我从来没有去过保护国
We could take a boat from another island. Leave no ticket trail.
我们可以从别的岛坐船过去 不留票♥据♥痕迹
Well, isn't it spicy mango food?
是不是可以吃上麻辣芒果食物
Oh, you can get any sort of food. Food of any description.
你想吃什么美食都有 应有尽有
And there's golfing. Couples golfing.
还可以打高尔夫 双人高尔夫球
I went with Rose many times. Oh, that's good.
我跟萝丝去过好几次 - 那挺不错的
Darling, you could relax
亲爱的 你可以好好放松
and paint.
作画
Express yourself.
展现自我
You never really express yourself.
我从来没有真正展现过自我
I loved Rose, but
我很爱萝丝
you need someone to help you do that.
但你需要别人来帮你放开自我
And do you know who that someone is?
你知道我说的这个别人是谁么
Well, let me think about that.
那让我好好想想
You do that.
你想啊
Well, Martha Stout is awfully friendly.
玛莎·斯陶特是一位非常友好的人
Oh, well, let me try to jog your memory.
那我来提醒你一下
We should have done this a long time ago, Gardner.
加德纳 我们早就该这么做了
You were trapped.
你只是困住了
Mr. Lodge, I have a lieutenant Hightower.
洛奇先生 海塔尔警官来访
Tell him I'm not in.
跟他说我不在
You're on speaker, sir.
先生 开了免提的
Sorry, lieutenant. You've come at a very busy time.
抱歉 警官 我现在正忙着
Well, I'm sorry to drop in on you like this.
很抱歉我这么仓促来访
I wanted to clear something up that's just come to light.
最近有了一些新情况 我想了解一下
What happened to you?
你近来如何
Horsing around with my kid.
就带带孩子
He's got a mean right. He does.
孩子现在还好吧 是啊
So any new progress on the investigation?
调查进展如何了
Well, actually, I was hoping you might be able to help me with another case.
其实我是想觉得有另外一个案子 你应该能帮上忙
You know a character named Rizzoli?
你认不认识一个叫瑞佐立的人?
No. Rizzoli? No.
瑞佐立?没听说过
He got killed in a vehicular on the turnpike a couple days ago.
他几天前 在一辆停在收费公路上的运输车里 遇害
Rizzoli. Frank Rizzoli?
他叫瑞佐立 弗兰克·瑞佐立
Never heard of him.
从没听说过这个人
I'm sorry for his loss.
这个消息真是让我感到遗憾
Of life?
你是说他离世让你遗憾?
Yeah, I guess he probably is, too.
是啊 估计他自己也觉得很遗憾
He was a loan shark for the mob, so I wouldn't feel too bad.
他是为一些恶棍放高♥利♥贷♥的 所以我觉得他也算是死有余辜
Then how can I help?
我有什么能帮上忙的么
Well, we've been going through his books.
我们查阅了他的笔记本
He has all these books. Notes.
什么记账本啊 笔记本啊
All in code.
都是用暗号♥写的
Like,
比如
"Suburbicon shave and a haircut, 8,500 long."
比肯小镇 剃发刮胡 8500
Seems like a lot of cash for a shave and a haircut.
剃发刮胡收这么多钱貌似很罕见啊
Even for Suburbicon.
就算是在富有的比肯镇也很少见
But if you keep reading down, it has this one very odd...
如果你继续往下读的话 有这么一条很奇怪的记录
It says, "pick up package of 7,000 apples "at Gardner Lodge."
是这么说的 “从加德纳·洛奇处”拿了7000苹果
And that's your name.
这说的是你吧
But we started looking through phone books, and lo and behold,
我翻找了一下黄页 在其中
we found a hotel up near Trenton called garden Lodge.
看到特伦顿附近有一家宾馆叫“加德·洛奇”
So either he was expecting 7,000 apples
所以 他要么是想从住在加德·洛奇宾馆里的某个人
from someone at garden Lodge,
那里拿到“7000苹果”
or he expected them from you.
要么就是从你这里拿到
Now, I'm not asking you, Mr. Lodge,
洛奇先生 我现在不是在审问你
if you were into the mob for money.
如果你问恶棍借钱
But if you were, and if you didn't pay or
如果你借了的话 不管你是没有付
couldn't pay,
还是根本付不起
well,
那
that might explain what happened to your wife.
也许就能解释发生在你妻子身上的不幸了
But you say you don't know him.
但你说你不认识他
I don't know him.
我确实不认识他
Well,
那
we'll keep looking.
我们继续调查
Thank you, lieutenant.
谢谢你 警官
I'll be in touch.
我们保持联♥系♥
Some of the people are definitely against integration.
有一些人是完全反对种族融合的
And they have told my children
他们告诉自己的孩子
That they have to marry niggers.
他们未来可能要与黑鬼结婚
And my child doesn't even know what a nigger is.
我的孩子甚至都不知道黑鬼是什么
Yes?
什么事
Miss o'Rory, I'm Bud Cooper with Canyon Prop and Life.
奥罗瑞小姐 我是坎宁生命保险公♥司♥的巴德·库珀
Oh, well, thank you very much, Mr. Cooper,
谢谢您 库珀先生
but I'm quite sure we have all the insurance that we need.
但我觉得我们现在应该不用保险
I'm sure you do, but fact is, I'm not a salesman.
是的 但其实 我不是保险推销员
I'm here to discuss your sister's policy.
我是来商量一下您姐姐的保险赔偿事宜的
Oh, you'd have to talk to the man of the house about that.
这个问题你恐怕和一家之主谈一下比较好
He has all the information. He'll be back this evening.
他了解具体情况 他晚上才回来
Could... Can I just come in for a second?
能不能让我进来坐坐
Well, I don't have any of the information.
那些情况我真的一点都不了解啊
Oh, no, it doesn't matter, Miss O'Rory. I'd just like to chat with you for a minute.
没事的 奥罗瑞小姐 我只是想来跟您聊一会儿
Oh, I haven't the faintest idea how I can help you...
我真的不知道 我有什么能帮到你的
Since I don't have any of the information.
我什么都不知道啊
What did you say you do for the insurance people?
你说你是保险公♥司♥来的 具体是做什么的
I guess my official title is claims investigator.
我觉得我的职务全称叫做 索赔调查员
What you might call a professional skeptic.
你也可以叫我职业挑刺员
Okay. Is there something wrong with the policy?
所以保险合同方面有什么问题么
No, no, no! Policy seems to be all shipshape.
不不不 保险合同是没什么问题的
Yes, Mr. Lodge has been very steady with the payments.
洛奇先生按时缴纳保险费
Your agent...
当时接待的保险员是
Mr. Elkins? Right. Stan Elkins.
埃尔金斯先生 是的 斯坦·埃尔金斯
Yes, he says everything's in order. Have you met him?
他说你们一切正常 你有见过他么
Oh, no. I don't know anything about Gardner's business affairs.
没有 加德纳先生这方面的事我都不清楚
That's why I'm afraid I can't help you.
所以我觉得我没什么能帮到你的
Well, I wouldn't worry overmuch about information, Miss o'Rory,
奥罗瑞小姐 我并不关心你是否知情的问题
because, you know, people always put "information" in quotes, but it isn't always like that.
虽然人们都特别喜欢强调信息的重要性 但并非一直如此
I mean, people just don't realize how much they know.
我的意思是说 大家知道很多事 却并未意识到这一点
For instance, you happen to know your agent's name.
比如 你就正好知道保险员的名字
Mmm-hmm. I have all that information right here.
这类信息我这上面都好好写着呢
I'm more interested in the other kind,
其实我对别的信息更感兴趣
which all really boils down to one word.
最后都可归结为一个词
Do you live here now, Miss o'Rory?
奥罗瑞小姐 你现在住在这么
Oh, well, I'm here now, of course.
是的 我现在是住在这
Is that a temporary or a permanent arrangement?
你是临时这样 还是长♥期♥住在这
I think Nicky needs a mother.
我觉得尼基需要母亲的关怀
Of course.
当然如此
Um, what was that word? Excuse me?
抱歉 我想问问你说的“一个词”是什么
Well, you said it all boiled down to one word?
你刚才说的 最后都可归结为一个词
Did I?
是么
Oh! Yes!
哦对
Yes, it all boils down to one word, coincidence.
都可以归结为一个词 巧合
That happens in the opera a lot. Coincidence.
这种情况在歌♥剧里很常见 巧合嘛
Yeah, sure. Aida.
是啊 阿伊达
Uh, Barber of Seville. It's just... It gets ridiculous.
《塞维利亚理发师》 是的 很搞笑
But in real life doesn't happen that much.
但是现实生活中巧合是很少发生的
No. I guess if it did, it would stop being a coincidence.
如果巧合经常发生的话 那就不再是巧合了
Yeah, see, it's not the policy, Miss o'Rory.
但是巧合和我们的保险合同无关 奥罗瑞小姐
It's the claim.
主要谈的是这个索赔的问题
See, a coincidence on a claim, that's like a... That's like a little red flag
这个索赔的案子中的巧合情况 就像一面面小红旗
that makes us sit up and take notice.
给我们提个醒 让我们加以注意
And this claim has a bunch of little red flags on it.
这起案子中有不少这样的小红旗
What kind of red flag?
具体是什么样的情况呢
Nothing to worry about.
没什么好担心的
Believe me, I'm just here to chase down all those little red flags. It's very routine.
相信我 我来只是为了拔除这些红旗 这是日常程序
电影精选列表