小心点 - 对不起
Watch it. - Sorry.
大家都没事吧 - 对不起
Everyone okay? - Sorry!
从刚才中断的地方开始
Let's go from where we left off.
那天早上我第一次见到她
That morning was the first time I ever saw her.
不过在聊她之前 我要先介绍一下自己
But before we talk about her, I have to tell you something about me.
抱歉要向你介绍这么平凡的我 但还是得介绍
And I'm sorry I have to tell you, but I do.
我还小的时候 我爸爸就去世了
When I was a kid, my dad died.
我知道这很悲伤 但是这件事真实发生了
I know it's sad, but it's true, and it happened.
这也是我必须告诉你的一件事
And it's something you need to know about me.
不过从好的方面来看
But here's the good news.
他在世时就是最好的爸爸
When he was alive, he was the best.
他很风趣 爱搞怪
He was funny and silly and...
他有一条不离身的有豪猪图案的领带
He had this amazing porcupine tie he used to wear all the time.
他去世之后 我妈妈让我系着那条领带参加了葬礼
And when he died, my mom let me wear it to his funeral.
从那之后 我几乎每天都系着那条领带
And after that, I wore it pretty much every day.
玩恐龙玩具也系着
Fighting dinosaurs? Tie.
吃麦片也系着
Eating Sugar Pops? Tie.
天呐 简直人间美味
Oh, man, those were so good.
表演吹小号♥的时候也系着领带
Here I am playing the trumpet, wearing the tie.
搬家的那天
And on moving day?
没错 也系上了领带
You guessed it. Tie.
我们搬到了亚利桑那州的麦卡
We were moving to Mica, Arizona.
我妈说她在那个安静的远方小城
My mom said she got a good job there
找到了一份不错的工作
and that it was quiet and far away.
她说我们可以开始新的生活
She said we could start fresh.
我们两个人一起
Just the two of us.
然而事实上
But guess what?
麦卡比我想象中的还要安静
Mica was quieter than I ever could've imagined.
那里的生活风平浪静
Nothing ever happened here.
一点风吹草动都没有
Like, zero things.
这座城给人感觉好像缺了什么
It was a town that felt like something was missing.
他们当然想赢
And they wanted to win.
但是能力不济
They just couldn't.
柜子里没有奖杯 学校没有庆祝仪式 也没有故事
There were no trophies, no celebrations, no stories.
因为这里一直以来都是这样 已经成为了常态
Because it had been that way for so long, it just felt normal.
作为新来的孩子
And as the new kid,
我自然而然迅速成为了全校的焦点
that meant I became the center of attention real fast.
不过这不是什么好事儿
And not in a good way.
那时我就明白了
And right then, I knew.
如果我还想生存 最好保持低调
If I wanted to survive, it was better to lay low.
我得像其他人一样
I was gonna have to be just like everybody else.
利奥
Leo?
没有人会注意到我
No one would see me.
没有人会听到我说话
No one would hear me.
我会隐匿在人群中
I was gonna disappear.
在我九岁生日那天
And then, on my ninth birthday...
那之后的每一个生日
And every birthday after that...
又是一条新领带
Boom! Another tie.
每一年 从不间断
And another. And another.
看看这些包装盒 太精致了
Look at these boxes. They're amazing.
看 图案是小号♥
Hey, it's a trumpet!
我无从得知这些都是谁送的
I had no idea who they were from.
但无论是谁 他们确保我在每一年的这一刻
But whoever it was, they made sure that for one moment, every year,
无法忘记真正的自己
I couldn't forget who I was.
生日快乐 孩子
Happy birthday, kid.
谢谢 - 注意安全
Thank you. - Be safe.
现在我们回到一开始的话题
And that brings us back to where we started.
我的16岁生日 我第一次见到她
Back to my 16th birthday. Back to the first time I saw her.
彼时问题多于答案
Back to when there were more questions than answers.
我也并不知道我在迷茫什么
And I didn't know what I didn't know.
利奥 你看到她了吗
Leo! Did you see her?
可能吧
Maybe.
相信我 你马上就明白了
Trust me, you'd know.
对了 生日快乐 - 谢谢
Oh, um, happy birthday. - Thanks.
等等 你早上不是在看乐队排练吗
Wait, weren't you at band practice this morning?
没错 利奥 被你发现了
Yes, Leo. You finally found me out.
我确实会去看乐队排练 干嘛说这个
I watch you practice band. What are you talking about?
你说的是什么
What are you talking about?
你们见到她了吗
Did you guys see her yet?
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
你们玩我呢
Are you guys messing with me?
什么意思啊
What are you talking about?
先走了
See you later.
好啦 我已经告诉了你不少关于我 这座城市
Okay. I think I've told you enough about me and Mica,
和我的秘密豪猪图案领带的事
and my secret porcupine ties.
我们好好说说她吧
So now, we can get back to her.
此时我的生活终于即将惊起一丝波澜
And back to when something was finally about to happen.
凯文 拜托
Kevin. Come on.
多神奇呀
It's fascinating.
你不觉得很神奇吗
Don't you think it's fascinating?
不觉得
No.
想象一下 无所事事就能成为红人
Imagine being popular for doing absolutely nothing.
他们是因为长得好看才那么受欢迎的
They're popular because they're beautiful.
是吗 泰丝 那就跟你没什么关系了
Yeah, Tess, that's not something you do.
今天的玉米卷有点不一样 是放了什么东西吗
The burritos different? Something tastes different.
或许让她上《热点拷问》
Maybe she'll do Hot Seat
你就可以做一次无聊的采访了
and you can interview her about nothing.
当然了
Uh, yes.
你们到底什么时候打算让我上节目
When're you guys gonna let me be on the show?
等有人关心你做了什么的时候吧
When someone cares about anything you do.
我有个更好的主意 我们让新来的女生上节目吧
Or even better idea, let's put the new girl on Hot Seat.
为什么 - 她做嘉宾很合适啊
Uh, why? - She'd be the perfect guest.
她叫什么名字啊
What's her name anyway?
星光女孩
Stargirl.
我叫星光女孩
My name is Stargirl.
祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday to you
祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday to you
祝你生日快乐 亲爱的利奥
Happy birthday, dear Leo
祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday to you
刚才唱得很好呢 - 谢谢
Great job. That was amazing. - Thank you.
她怎么知道你的名字
Um, how'd she know your name?
她怎么知道今天是你生日
How did she know it's your birthday?
欢迎来到《热点拷问》
This is Hot Seat,
即使你穷得叮当响 在这里也不会失去热情
where even if you can't pay the bills, the heat is always on.
这也太俗了
That is terrible.
还有 你应该在最后再报标题
Also, you should say the name of the show at the end.
像这样 叭啦叭啦叭啦
So, like, "Something, something, something,
比你说的那些好的一堆话
"something better than your dumb thing...
这里是《热点拷问》
And this is Hot Seat."
我们需要新的音效吗
Do we need new sound effects?
当然了 新一季 新素材 还有新的嘉宾
Yes. New season, new material, new guests.
比如星光女孩
Ooh, Stargirl?
听听这个怎么样
How about something like this?
如果有人回答不出问题
If somebody doesn't answer a question...
你完蛋了
You're burned.
这个挺好 留着吧
Oh, that's good. Yeah, let's keep that one.
你去问问她呗 她喜欢你
You should ask her. She likes you.
她不喜欢我好吧
She doesn't.
她在食堂众目睽睽之下给你唱了一首歌♥
She sang a song to you in the cafeteria, in front of everyone.
我想到了一个 麦给我
Oh, I got one. Give me.
准备好了吗
Okay, ready?
邀请星光女孩来参加《热点拷问》如何
How about you ask Stargirl to do Hot Seat?
麦拿来
Give me the mic.
孩子们 - 你好 罗比诺老师
Hey, guys. - Hey, Mr. Robineau.
高三了 今年一定会很精彩的
Junior year. Gonna be great.
暑假过得怎么样
How was your summers?
我暑假上了一门关于演讲和辩论的课
I actually took a speech and debate class.
我绝不乌鸦嘴 今年地区赛我赢定了
Hate to jinx it, but I'm gonna win regionals this year.
第三次总会有好事的 你呢 利奥
Third time's a charm. What about you, Leo?
我去阿奇的奇妙恐龙夏令营打工了 又去了
I worked at Archie's Dino- tastic Summer Camp. Again.
电影精选列表