我要回家等凯文
I'm going home and wait for Kevin.
你对做护士不感兴趣了
You're not interested in nursing.
是的
No.
- 不坐诊了?
- 不了
- No more clinics? - No.
你需要休息 是吧?
Feeling you need a rest, eh?
确实需要 我妈妈自己一个人
I certainly do. Mother's all alone now.
我要在那儿等凯文
I'll wait there for Kevin.
小儿麻痹症呢?
What about polio?
没听说过
Never heard of it.
你没听说过肯尼疗法吗?
Did you ever hear of the Kenny treatment?
肯尼?伊丽莎白·肯尼?
Kenny, Elizabeth Kenny?
她是个骗子 是个危险的庸医
She's a fake, doctor. A dangerous quack.
澳大利亚所有医生都知道
Every doctor in Australia knows that.
所以你对她失去信心了
So you've lost your faith in her.
没有 但还是交给别人做吧
Not at all. But let somebody else do it.
问题是 别人还不够了解
Trouble is, they don't know enough about it.
别人尝试了 但没有成功
When they try it, it doesn't work.
那是他们太傻了 其实简单得很
Then they're stupid. It's perfectly simple.
谁试过了?
Who's been trying it?
我怎么知道?
How should I know?
是你刚说他们不太了解...
you just said they don't know very much...
哦,天哪!
Oh, dear!
我忘记查3号♥房♥了
I forgot to look at that patient in ward 3.
我一会儿回来
I'll be back in a minute.
你看报纸吗?
Would you like to look at the paper?
没错 你应该在家好好呆半年
You're right. You ought to have a fine six months at home.
汤斯维尔小儿麻痹症疫情
伊丽莎白·肯尼诊所
- 护士 茶多久能好?
- 很快就好 米奇
- Sister, how soon is tea? - Oh, pretty soon now, Mickey.
- 我饿了
- 好了 卡洛琳
- I'm getting hungry. - There we are, Caroline.
很好 翻个身 脸朝下
Very good. Turn over now, dear. On your face.
好孩子
That's a girl.
现在 我们要把肩胛骨向后伸
Now. We're going to pull those shoulder blades back.
向后伸 宝贝
Pull them back, dear.
你坚持不住吗 卡洛琳?
Can't you hold that there, Caroline?
你得学会把肩胛骨固定住
You know, you've got to learn to anchor that scapula.
试试这样 稳住别动
Try this one. Hold it there...
沃伦护士
Oh, Nurse Warren.
- 请帮助卡洛琳练习一下
- 好的 护士
- Give Caroline her exercises, please. - Yes, Sister.
你好 丽兹
Hello, Liz.
请进 凯文
Come in, Kevin.
你想见见孩子们吗?
Would you like to see the children?
不 丽兹 我读了你的信 我很不理解
No, Liz. I read your letter. And I don't understand it.
我尽量讲清楚了
Well, I tried to be definite.
确实讲得很清楚
You certainly were definite.
丽兹 这让我感觉很荒唐 我不接受
Liz, this seems absurd to me. I won't accept it.
我对你的工作充满赞同
I have the greatest sympathy with your work
但我不能眼睁睁看你舍弃自己的幸福
but I can't sit by and see you throw away every chance of personal happiness.
咱们坐下说 亲爱的
Let's sit down, darling.
怎么
Well?
也许你说得对 也许我是在浪费生命
You may be right. I may be wasting my life.
但我无权浪费你的生命
But I haven't got the right to waste yours too...
我也不愿这么做
and I have no intention of doing it.
- 胡说
- 不 凯文
- Nonsense. - No, no it isn't, Kevin.
每次我让你等待你都欣然接受 毫无怨言
You've been so good each time I asked you to wait. You never said a word.
你从不让我明白 这对你多不公平
You didn't let me realize how unfair it was.
也许我根本不想明白
I guess I didn't want to realize it.
丽兹 如果我选择等待 这是我的事 责任在我
Liz, if I choose to wait, it's my doing, it's my responsibility.
也许我是傻瓜
Maybe I'm a fool.
好吧 我是傻 你继续完成汤斯维尔的工作
Alright, I'm a fool. Go on and finish your job here in Townsville.
要多久?
How long is it going to take?
你觉得你多久能结束?
when do you think you'll be finished?
我觉得永远不会结束 凯文
I don't think I'll ever be finished, Kevin.
假设两年
Let's say two years.
总是这样说 结果无休无止
We've always said something like that. It'll go on and on.
从医生把病人交给我的那天 我就该预见到结局了
The day the doctors let me treat an acute case I'll be in sight of the end...
但是 就这样吧
but that's all.
咱们面对现实吧 丽兹
Let's face facts, Liz.
现在的你比十年前更接近目标了吗?
Are you any nearer to that today than you were ten years ago?
是的...近了一点吧 我觉得
Yes... a little, I think.
我学到了很多以前不知道的小儿麻痹症知识
I'm learning a lot about polio I didn't know.
孩子们的情况越来越好
I'm getting better results with the children.
你知道吗 我也想要孩子
You know, I rather wanted some children too.
- 这有些不公平 凯文
- 也许吧 但这是事实
- That's a little unfair, Kevin. - Maybe it is, but it's true.
你的决定是错的 丽兹 我知道
You're wrong, Liz, I know it.
这是我的决定
That's my decision.
我不会再让你在这份工作上浪费时间了
I'm not going to let you throw yourself away on this work any longer.
哪怕有一点点希望 丽兹...
If there was the slightest hope, Liz...
- 肯尼护士?
- 请进
- Sister Kenny? - Come in, please.
我叫约翰逊 护士
My name's Johnson, Sister.
我从布里斯班来的
I've come clear from Brisbane.
- 这是我女儿 艾米丽
- 你好 艾米丽
- This is my little girl, Emily. - Hello, Emily.
你好 护士
Hello, Sister.
我身上有钱 护士 但是如果...
I've got my money, Sister. But if you...
如果你能...同意接诊艾米丽
If you could... take Emily here...
我也可以为你干活 洗衣做饭之类的
maybe I could work for you, scrubbing, or something.
来给你检查一下 艾米丽
Let's have a look at you, Emily.
你几岁啦?
Well, how old are you?
八岁
Eight.
- 不对 八岁半了
- 好的 你什么时候得病的?
- No, eight and a half. - Well, when did you take sick?
- 我不记得了
- 在她刚满三岁的时候
- I don't remember. - She was only three, Sister.
给你做全面检查后我才能确定能不能治疗
I can't tell you whether I can help you till I examine you thoroughly.
但我们会努力的
But we're going to try.
首先就是要把夹板脱掉
First thing we're going to do is to take off those braces.
你在这里会很开心的 艾米丽
I think you'll have a good time here, Emily.
这里有很多小女孩可以成为朋友
There are lots of little girls here to make friends with.
你听见她们的声音了吗?咱们一会儿就去找她们
Do you hear them out there? Well, we'll meet them in just a minute.
大部分时间我们都在户外 晒太阳
Most of the time we live outside here, where we get lots of sun...
而且...
And the...
现在我们去晒太阳吧
Now we're going to take you out into the sun.
- 乔 你看见肯尼护士了吗?
- 是的 刚刚见到
- Joe, have you seen Sister Kenny? - Yes, just a minute ago, doctor.
- 她是买♥♥了到布里斯班的票吗?
- 是的
- Did she buy a ticket to Brisbane? - Yes.
- 出示车票
- 你好医生
- Ticket! - Oh, hello, Doctor.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth!
你在这里做什么?
Well, what are you doing here?
你真以为你能瞒着我去见布里斯班医生吗?
Did you actually think you could see Dr. Brisbane without telling me?
你激动什么?十年前你本来就要送我去那儿的
What are you so excited about? Ten years ago you would have sent me there.
这十年里我学到了一些你不懂的事情
I've learned something in ten years you haven't.
你还像在汤斯维尔时一样固执
You're as stubborn as you were in Townsville.
别开玩笑了 我知道自己在做什么 把包给我
Don't be ridiculous, I know what I'm doing. Give me my bag.
那里的疫情只能用正统疗法治疗
In this epidemic there will be nothing but the orthodox treatment.
- 布拉克和布里斯班的方法
- 所以我要去
- Brack's and Brisbane's. - That's one reason I'm going.
是你让我去说服医生的
You told me to convince the doctors.
你在那儿开诊所不到一周就得关门
You open a clinic there and they'll shut you up in a week.
这我无所谓 只要能让我治病
I don't think I'd mind if I could get my hands on one acute case.
你治一个 立马就让你关门
You touch an acute case and they'll shut you up in a minute.
- 让你蹲监狱
- 反正我要去
- And in jail. - Anyway, I'm going.
好吧 好吧 先坐一会儿 你还有时间
Alright, alright, just sit down for a minute. You've still got time.
听着 伊丽莎白
Now look, Elizabeth,
有件事你好像还不明白
there's one thing you don't seem to realize.
有能力的人会让平凡人自惭形秽 他们理所当然愤愤不平
Big people make little people feel small, and naturally they resent it.
特别是 当这个有能力的人是一名护士时
Now, when a big person happens to be a nurse...
你我都很清楚 被护士当面指出错误
you know as well as I do what a shock it is to a doctor...
对一名医生的冲击有多大
电影精选列表