Neither did her mother.
丽兹 多丽动腿之前 你让我看
Liz, before Dorrie moved her leg, you told me to look.
- 我应该看什么?
- 肌腱
- What was I supposed to see? - The tendon.
膝盖下面的跟腱凸起了
It began to stand out, just below the knee.
我就知道肌肉没有麻痹
Then I knew the muscle wasn't paralyzed.
我就一直尝试膝跳反射
I'd been trying to get that reflex.
当然了 如果我是医生 那我早就知道该怎么做
Of course if I'd been a doctor I would have known what to do in the first place.
我接触的第一名患者也是这样
Just as well I found out in my first case.
可能我还会遇到很多这样的情况
I may run up against the same thing with the others.
- 乔迪的弟弟情况如何?
- 很不好
- How's Jordy's brother? - Pretty bad.
有时我很害怕
You know, there's sometimes I get scared.
你起初是为什么选择护士这条路?
What made you take up nursing in the first place?
我喜欢做护士
I liked nursing.
什么时候是个头儿呢?
Where is it going to end?
凯文 你在害怕什么?
Kevin, what are you afraid of?
你...还有护理
You... and nursing.
亲爱的 别开玩笑了
Oh, darling, don't be ridiculous.
我说了 等你回来我就不干了
I told you I'd give it up when you came back.
- 我已经回来了
- 我会跟你结婚
- Well, I'm here. - And I'm going to marry you.
- 很么时候?
- 孩子们好起来
- When? - As soon as these children are well.
- 不再有病例?
- 不再有病例
- No more cases? - No more cases.
- 不再有孩子?
- 不再有孩...
- No more babies? - No more ba...
- 呃
- 除了我们自己的?
- Well... - Except our own?
- 胆怯了?
- 胆怯极了
- Cold feet? - They're freezing.
你不了解他
Well, you don't know him.
凯文 让我先单独见见他吧
Kevin, do you mind if I see him alone first?
当然可以 我不想见他
Sure, I don't want to see him.
- 我还是不懂为什么你非要见他
- 两分钟就好
- I still don't see why you have to. - I'll only be two minutes.
好吧 我和多丽等你两分钟 来吧 多丽
Alright, Dorrie and I will just wait two minutes. Come on, Dorrie.
伊丽莎白!你这身打扮像要去参加派对
Well, Elizabeth! You look as if you're going to a party.
- 你喜欢吗?
- 是的
- You like it? - Yes...
吃个鸡腿吗?我在吃午饭
Have a chicken leg? I'm just eating my lunch.
- 你吃吧
- 谢谢
- Well, you eat it. - Thank you.
- 吃酸黄瓜吗?
- 不了 谢谢
- Have a pickle? - No, thank you.
麦克唐纳医生 你肯定会对我大失所望
Dr. McDonnell, you're going to be awful disappointed in me.
不会的 伊丽莎白 你无疑是做了正确的事
Oh, no, Elizabeth, I have no doubt you did the right thing.
- 这段时间的事你都知道了?
- 当然了
- You knew about it all the time? - Why, of course!
哇...谁告诉你的?
Well... who told you?
你告诉的我啊!你给我发了电报不是吗?
You did! You sent me the telegram, didn't you?
- 老天 不是那回事
- 小儿麻痹症很可怕
- Oh, dear, this has nothing to do with it. - Infantile paralysis is a frightening thing.
我让布拉克医生过去 但他没时间
I asked Dr. Brack to go but he simply didn't have time.
他手上太多病人 都快成大范围疫情了
With so many cases here it was almost an epidemic.
- 谢天谢地你只遇到一个
- 我遇到6个
- Thank goodness you had only one. - I had six.
- 6个?
- 6个
- Six? - Six.
哦 天啊
Oh, dear!
我就直说了吧 我过来的目的
Just to get things straight as to why I'm here.
- 外面还有个男士...
- 你这些病人中有几个去世的?
- There's a young man outside... - How many of these cases did you lose?
有几个死亡的孩子?
How many of the children died?
怎么了 没有啊
Why, none.
麦克唐纳医生 我想请你见一个我带到医院来的男人
Dr. McDonnell, I want you to meet a young man I've brought to the hospital.
- 他就在外面等着
- 我过会儿再检查他
- He's waiting outside. - I'll examine him later.
跟我说 你的病人致残的比例有多少?
Tell me. What percentage of crippling did you have?
有几个孩子腿畸形了?
How many of the children are deformed?
怎么了 一个也没有啊!
Why, not any!
你的意思是 你又有五个像电报里描述的
You mean to say you had five more cases...
那样的病例 而且他们都完全康复了?
like the one you described in your telegram and they all recovered?
- 是的
- 太神奇了
- Yes. - That's fantastic.
但我还在治疗最后一个病例
Oh, but I'm still working on my last case.
我对他的行走不太满意 还在重新训练他的肌肉
I'm not satisfied with the way he walks. I'm still reeducating his muscles.
- 你在怎么他的肌肉?
- 教它们再次动起来
- You're doing what to his muscles? - Teaching them to work again.
我不知道具体怎么表述:教学、再训练
I don't know how to put it. Teaching, reeducating...
你肯定能理解
You must know all about it.
我只是按你在电报里说的做而已
Well, I only did what you told me to do in the telegram!
我在电报里怎么说的?
What did I tell you to do in the telegram?
对症治疗啊 针对痉挛 就要用温热疗法
Treat the symptoms. For spasm, moist heat.
后来发现只能再训练肌肉时 我还是受了很大打击
Then I got an awful shock when I found I had to reeducate the muscles.
这你不知道
You didn't know about that.
再训练 温热疗法 痉挛 没有一个是书里的术语
Reeducation, moist heat, spasm, there's not one of those terms in this book
这书是治疗小儿麻♥痹♥的♥标准疗法
and this is the standard work in infantile paralysis.
罗伯特·詹金斯长官所著 是巴拉克医生的圣典
Sir Robert Jenkins, it's Brack's Bible.
我能看看吗?
May I see it?
先让你看看别的 跟我来
You're going to see something else first. Come along with me.
不确定是谁 但咱俩人肯定有一个疯了的
Well, I don't know, but one of us is crazy.
- 丽兹! - 你好 请稍等片刻
- Liz! - How do you do? Be with you in a moment.
一直以来 小儿麻痹症病例就是这样
Now these are cases of infantile paralysis that ran true to form.
- 你好 医生
- 你好 护士 贝姬怎么样?
- Hello, Doctor. - Hello, nurse, how's Becky?
贝姬今天很好
Oh, Becky's fine today.
你好 麦克唐纳医生
Hello, Dr. McDonnell.
你好 大卫
Hello, David.
他们会好起来吗?
Are they getting better?
相反 他们会越来越糟
They get worse instead of better.
每100名病例中就有88人是这个结果
Eighty- eight out of every hundred cases finish this way.
再理一遍吧 你有6个病例 都康复了
Let's go over this again. You had six cases and they all recovered.
- 是的
- 太神奇了
- Yes. - That's fantastic.
- 核对一下症状 头疼? 没错
- Let's check the symptoms. Headache? - That's right.
- 发烧?
- 是的
- Fever? - Yes.
肌肉酸痛 不能碰?四肢蜷曲?
Muscular pain, afraid to be touched? Limbs twisted?
- 背部拱起?
- 是的
- Back arched? - Yes.
- 呼吸呢 困难吗?
- 有一例
- What about breathing, any trouble? - One case.
- 那是延髓麻痹 很严重
- 丽兹!
- That's bulbar, it's very bad. - Liz!
请你稍等
Be with you in a moment.
情况显而易见了 伊丽莎白
It couldn't be a clearer picture, Elizabeth.
这是急性发作期的小儿麻痹症
There's infantile paralysis in the acute stage.
- 你所见的是这样的吧?
- 是的 是的
- Is that what you saw? - Yes, yes...
和我的第二例确诊患者一模一样
That's exactly like my second case.
这个症状像本森家的小女孩
That's like the little Benson girl.
没错 也是一样的肌肉缩短
Yes, those same muscles were shortened.
- 缩短?
- 他们痉挛了
- Shortened? - They were in spasm.
是你让我对症治疗 我只是照做
You told me to treat the symptoms, that's all I did.
那只是你以为的
That's what you think.
伊丽莎白 我觉得你还不明白你做了什么
Elizabeth, I don't think you realize what you've done.
当然可能我是错的 我只是一名普通医生
Of course I may be wrong, I'm just a general practitioner.
布拉克医生肯定懂 这是他的领域 我们这就去他办公室
Dr. Brack will know, it's his field. We'd better go to his office right away.
布拉克做过一项小儿麻♥痹♥的♥研究 他是国内这方面最好的医生之一
Brack's made a study of polio. He's one of the best men in the country.
- 麦克唐纳医生!
- 请你稍等
- Dr. McDonnell! - I'll be with you in a moment.
是时候结束了
We'll stop this.
不 我永远忘不了那通电报
Oh,no, I shall never forget that telegram.
麦克唐纳和我都公认那是言简意赅的典范
McDonnell and I agreed it was a model of brevity.
如此简洁地描述了
About as concise a description
我所见过小儿麻痹症的典型症状
of the classical symptoms of poliomyolitis that I've ever seen.
谢谢你 布拉克医生
Oh, thank you, Dr. Brack.
请坐 我想知道发生的一切
Come and sit down. I want to hear everything that happened.
- 是一个小女孩 是吧?
- 是的
- It was a little girl, wasn't it? - Yes.
惨痛啊 她残疾了吗?
Tragic business. Is she badly crippled?
- 没有
- 那就好 那就好
- No... - Fine, fine.
电影精选列表