I didn't hear your car.
配给制让我仿佛回到50年前
Oh, this rationing puts me right back where I was 50 years ago.
- 感觉自己是个老掉牙的医生
- 你怎么来的这么早?
- I'm a horse and buggy doctor. - How did you get here so early?
我昨天就出来了 在弗雷泽过的夜
I left yesterday. I stopped overnight at the Fraziers.
快坐下 坐下 喝杯茶吗?
Sit down, sit down. Would you like a cup of tea?
不用 我刚吃完早餐
Nothing, I've had my breakfast.
我马上就好
I'll be ready in just a moment.
这儿有你需要的东西吗?
Oh, anything here you want?
都是我给你的书
Oh, they're probably books I gave you myself.
有什么事吗?
Something wrong?
你真要关掉那个地方 是吗?
You're really closing the place up, aren't you?
我不知道要在美国呆多久
Well, I don't know how long I'll be in America.
丘特尔给我来电♥话♥了
I had a call from Chuter.
皇家调查委员会出了一份报告
A report of the Royal Commission.
整整130页对你工作和理论的纯粹批判
There's 130 pages of undiluted condemnation of your work and ideas.
他们说 无论近来还是长♥期♥以来
They say that on no account should you be permitted
都绝不应允许你护理小儿麻痹症病人
to tend a case of infantile paralysis either recent or of long standing.
他们谴责政♥府♥把经费消耗在肯尼诊所
They condemn the government for spending money on the Kenny clinics
而没有用于传统疗法上
instead of giving its support to the orthodox method.
他们建议关闭肯尼诊所
They recommend that the Kenny clinics be closed.
他们真的要终止我了
Well, that really stops me.
人们不会支持的
Oh, hey, the people won't stand for it.
人们 人们能怎么反抗权威机构呢?
The people. What can the people do against organized authority?
别忘了 一开始就是大家支持你开诊所的
don't forget they got you the clinics in the first place.
当然 这份报告传到美国对你不太好
Of course this report won't do you any good in America.
也许你该重新考虑下
Maybe you should reconsider.
你觉得你一定要去吗?
Do you think you really have to go?
我不是觉得 我很明白
I don't think it. I know it.
来一下 医生
Come along, Doctor.
肯尼护士 违背科学
Sister Kenny, unscientific.
胡说
Rubbish!
他们都没看过我的书
They haven't even read my book.
你能别叨叨了吗?这些评论我都读过
Oh, would you quit your gab, I've read those reviews.
而且 你不必为这些狭隘的言论困扰
Besides, you shouldn't be bothered by petty minds.
肯尼护士的书有些地方很新颖 有些地方很好
Sister Kenny's book has parts that are new and parts that are good
但是好的地方不新 新的地方不好
but the good is not new and the new is not good.
查尔斯·布拉克
Sir Charles Brack.
你能别看评论了吗?
Would you put those reviews away?
听这个
Listen to this.
夹板固定疗法被弃用 是最令人震惊的
It is the abandonment of immobilization in splinting that is most startling.
这是对长♥期♥建立的医学原理的全盘否定
A complete denial of long- established principles.
《英国医学杂♥志♥》
The British Medical Journal.
伊丽莎白 你快没时间赶火车了
Elizabeth, you haven't much time before your train leaves.
对不起
Oh, sorry, sorry.
我花了六年时间写这本书
It took me six years to write that book.
三十年的工作筹备写书
Thirty years of work to get ready to write it
而他们只用区区36个词就把它否定了
and they dismiss it in 36 words.
你是想读书评还是让我听你的心脏?
Do you want to read those reviews or do you want me to listen to your heart?
听诊吧 快点 快点
Oh, listen to my heart, go ahead, go ahead.
把听诊器放耳朵里
Put the plugs in your ears.
都怪你给我捣乱 叨叨叨叨
Well, if you wouldn't confuse me, talk, talk, talk...
你们这群医生
You doctors!
- 我心脏根本没问题
- 别说话!
- Well, there's nothing wrong with my heart. - Quiet!
你不用拉着个脸
Oh, you needn't pull that long face.
这十年我见得多了
It's no worse than it's been for the last ten years.
那你自己听听
Well, listen to it yourself.
我说啥来着 叮叮当当 叽叽喳喳
See what I tell you, rustle- bang, rustle- bang...
别说话!
Quiet!
怎么样
Well?
不太好 是吧?
It's not very good, is it?
能坚持到我的工作都做完
It'll last till I do what I've got to do.
- 要是你不放松的话就不行
- 你自己怎么不放松?
- It won't if you don't take it easy. - Why don't you take it easy?
- 我放松了
- 你骗人
- I do. - You're a liar.
你真是咄咄逼人
You're a cantankerous woman.
你对我一直是个考验
You've always been a trial to me.
我喜欢放松
I like things easy.
你医院里有多少床位?
How many beds have you got in this hospital now?
- 200张
- 你以前只有20张床位
- Two hundred. - I remember when you only had twenty.
还说你喜欢放松
You like things easy.
你父亲给了我们两张
Your father gave us two.
我母亲想办法弄的 其他床怎么来的?
Mother managed that. Where did you get the others?
人们给的 奈莉很擅长说服别人
Oh, from people. Nellie was pretty good at persuading them.
凯文·康纳斯给了10张
Kevin Connors gave us ten.
你都不知道 是吧?
You didn't know that, did you?
有天我见到多丽·麦金泰尔了
I saw Dorrie McIntyre the other day.
还记得她吗?她是你的第一个病人
Do you remember her? She was your first case.
她的大女儿在这里做实习护士
Her eldest daughter is training here as a nurse.
名字就叫伊丽莎白
Her name's Elizabeth.
是个好姑娘
She's a fine girl.
你很有名 伊丽莎白
You're a famous woman, Elizabeth.
我想 我是唯一一个知道你所付出的人
I imagine I'm the only one left who knows what it's cost you.
我想借此机会 郑重其事地对你说
And I'd like to take this opportunity to say quite formally
认识你是我的荣幸
it's a privilege to have known you.
谢谢
Thank you.
无论你做什么 无论发生什么
Whatever you do, whatever happens,
记住 人永远比理论重要
remember the people are more important than the system.
这在政♥府♥方面是真理 战争就在证明这一点
That's true in government. They're fighting a war to prove it.
在医学方面同样是真理
And it's true in medicine.
你打的就是这场战役 伊丽莎白
You've got that fight left, Elizabeth.
这是一场大战 并不简单
It's a big fight. It won't be easy.
我希望能帮到你
I wish I could help you.
但是你的前路还很漫长而...
But you'll be a long way off and...
我已经老了...
I'm getting old and...
我不是胆小鬼
I'm no chicken.
您知道时间吧 麦克唐纳医生
You know what time it is, Dr. McDonnell?
他们在7号♥病区等你
They're waiting for you in ward 7.
穿上你的白大褂 别忘了戴眼镜
You'll need your white coat, and don't forget your glasses.
不用你提醒我 快去吧
Oh, don't tell me what I'll need. Go on, go on, go on.
我得找个新护士长了
I'll need a new head nurse.
如果我们有时间好好聊聊那些
It would have been nice if we'd had time for a long talk
咱们认识的人就好了
about all the people we used to know.
哦
Oh, well...
等你从美国回来就有时间了
There'll be time for that when you get back from America.
肯尼护士 肯尼护士 看这里
Sister Kenny! Sister Kenny, this way, please.
看镜头 谢谢
Hold it, please! Thank you.
这边 肯尼
This way, Kenny.
谢谢 亲爱的
Thanks, honey.
再来一张
One more, please.
这是你第一次来美国吗 肯尼护士?
Is this your first visit to America, Sister Kenny?
- 是的
- 你觉得旧金山怎么样?
- That's right. - What do you think of San Francisco, Sister?
要我说 桥有点太大了
if you ask me, it's getting a little too big for its bridges.
- 护士 你是修女吗?
- 修女?我不是
- Sister, are you a nun? - A nun? Nothing as fine as that.
那为什么大家管你叫sister呢?
Then how come they call you Sister?
哦 澳大利亚就这么叫随军护士的
Oh, that's what they call an Army nurse in Australia.
皇家调查委员会的报告让你很痛心吗?
What about the report of that Royal Commission, did it hurt you much?
再痛也没有孩子们痛
Not as much as it hurt the children.
给我们讲讲医生的内♥幕♥吧 护士
Give us the lowdown on doctors, Sister.
- 什么?
- 内♥幕♥ 勾当
- The what? - The lowdown, the dope.
- 丑闻 你懂得
- 听说你对他们很强硬
- The dirt, you know. - They say you've been pretty rough on them.
你不是为这才来的吗?来揭露医生?
Isn't that what you're here for? To show up the doctors?
当然不是 我是来为美国的孩子们做事的
Certainly not. I'm here to do what I can for the children of America.
拜托了 护士 我们都知道你对医生的看法
Oh, come on, Sister, we know what you think about doctors.
- 给我们来个大标题
- 说出你最真实的想法
- Give us a headline. - Give us your honest opinion.
好吧 年轻人
Very well, young man.
我的真实想法就是 批判医生比成为医生简单得多
My honest opinion is that it's easier to criticize a doctor than to be one.
- 回见,各位
电影精选列表