迈克尔 是伊丽莎白来了
Michael, it's Elizabeth!
- 你好 阿伦
- 你好 肯尼小姐 很高兴你回来
- Hello, Alan. - Hello, Miss Kenny, glad to see you back.
谢谢
Thank you!
- 妈妈!
- 亲爱的!
- Mother! - Darling!
- 伊丽莎白!
- 哦 亲爱的爸爸
- Elizabeth! - Oh, Father darling.
- 回家感觉怎么样?
- 棒极了 你还好吗?
- How does it feel to be home again? - Oh, wonderful. How are you?
很好 特别好 你好吗 麦克唐纳医生?
Just fine, couldn't be better. How are you, Dr. McDonnell?
你好 肯尼先生 你觉得你女儿如今怎么样?
Hello, Mr. Kenny. what do you think of your daughter now?
我觉得她有点长大成人了
Oh, she's a little too grown- up to suit me.
不知道她会成为一个怎样的护士
I don't know what kind of a nurse she's going to make.
我觉得我得生一次病才能知道
I guess I'll have to get sick to find out.
我和你父亲想去参加你的毕业典礼 但他太忙了而且...
Your father and I wanted to go to your graduation but he's been so busy and...
无论如何 我们想去火车站接你的 怎么没发电报告诉我们?
Anyway, we wanted to meet you at the train. Why didn't you telegraph?
你看她的毕业仪式了吗 医生?
Did you see her graduate, doctor?
他进来时我正在宣誓
He walked right in in the middle of my oath.
哦 我是赶去参加最后一个环节的
Oh, I was there in time for the last paragraph...
- 那是毕业仪式最重要的部分
- 那是什么?
- ...and that's the important part of it. - What was that?
——竭诚协助医师之诊治
With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician in his work.
正是如此 千万不要忘记
Precisely, and don't you forget it.
- 你不会成为一个优秀的护士的
- 为什么 爸爸?
- You'll never make a good nurse. - Why, Father?
护士是朴实的女人的职业
Nursing is a career for a homely woman...
肯尼家的女孩都不怎么朴实
...and not one of the Kenny girls is homely.
你看你说的
Oh, you hear?
麦克唐纳医生 她一走进病房♥你就会有麻烦
Dr. McDonnell, you're going to have trouble when she walks through the wards for the first time...
我有点担心我自己了
I'm a bit concerned about that myself.
让病人开心是护士的职责
It's the duty of the nurse to keep the patients cheerful.
倒也不必那么开心
Not that cheerful.
你还没跟我们说麦克唐纳夫人的事呢 医生?
You haven't told us all the news about Mrs. McDonnell, have you, Doctor?
呃 这 她...
Well... we uh... heard that she...
迈克尔的意思是我们听说奈莉怀孕了
Michael means we heard that Nellie was going to have a baby.
是的 她流产了
Yes, she lost it.
天啊 又流产了?她这么喜欢小孩
Oh, dear, again? She loves children so.
是 她也很会带孩子
Yes, she's very good with them too.
她想进医院时让伊丽莎白陪同
She wants Elizabeth to stay with us when she comes in to the hospital.
还记得你刚开始和我们在一起时把胳膊摔坏了吗?
Do you remember the first time you stayed with us when you broke your arm?
当然记得
I certainly do.
你是在那时决定我应该去学护士吗?
Is that when you decided I wanted to be a nurse?
我没决定 我只是发现了一个天才
I didn't decide it at all, I just discovered a talent.
你确定没激励我吗?
Of course you didn't encourage it?
一切都是你的个人意愿
Whatever you did you did of your own free will.
好多人都按你的想法做了 永远都是人家自愿的
so many people do exactly as you want and always of their own free will.
你是个天生的护士 你知道的
You're a born nurse and you know it.
我们医院对你是个好机会
Our hospital's a fine chance for you.
你会成长 成为一名护士
It's going to grow. Someday you'll be matron there.
你最快什么时候开始过来?
How soon can you start?
我不去你的医院 麦克唐纳医生 我要留在这里
I'm not going to your hospital, Dr. McDonnell, I'm staying here.
- 你要做什么?
- 做一名丛林护士
- What are you going to do? - Be a bush nurse.
丛林护士?
Bush nurse?
还记得当年我胳膊摔伤时你说的话吗?
Do you remember what you said years ago when I broke my arm?
你是对修道院院长说的 但我永远不会忘
You said it to Mother, but I never forgot.
你说 一名优秀的丛林护士可以把手臂复位
You said a good bush nurse could have set that arm...
这样你就不必用手术接骨了
and you wouldn't have to break it to set it straight again.
所以 我要成为那样的丛林护士
Well, I'm going to be that bush nurse.
这样你的责任太大了 我是距离这里最近的医生
It's quite a responsibility, you know. I'm the nearest doctor...
- ...还有50公里远
- 这正是关键
- ...and I'm fifty miles away. - That's just the point.
你觉得你经验够丰富了 但你不觉得
You think you have enough experience. Don't you think a couple of years
先在医院工作几年 会给你更多信心吗?
at the hospital can give you more confidence?
在你的医院干两年 我就没法做丛林护士了
Two years in your hospital and I'd never be a bush nurse.
我不懂...你这个主意是从哪儿冒出来的?
I don't know... Where did you get this crazy idea anyway?
从你那儿
From you.
荒唐 为什么要开始一件不可能完成的事?
that's ridiculous. Why start something you can't finish?
做丛林护士的生活是很痛苦的 你根本受不了
Being a bush nurse is a killing life. You couldn't stand it.
- 我从小在丛林长大的
- 你从小可不是护士
- I grew up here in the bush. - Not as a nurse.
两户人家之间相隔几十英里 无时无刻不在待命
Forty miles from one neighbor to the next. In the saddle all the time.
崎岖的道路 脏乱的棚屋 洗铺盖 擦地
Bad roads, dirty cabins, boiling bed clothes, scrubbing floors...
- 这些我都想过
- 你受不了
- I thought of all that. - You couldn't stand it.
如果你想作为护士真正发挥作用
If you wanted to be really useful as a nurse,
你会在医院还是在这里的丛林工作?
would you work in a hospital or out here in the bush?
- 现在是谁来质问?
- 快点 你敢说这里不需要我?
- Who's asking questions around here? - Come on, tell me I'm not needed here.
伊丽莎白 我很担心你
Elizabeth, I'm very worried about you.
总有一天这固执的性格会让你惹上麻烦
Someday that stubborn streak's going to get you into trouble.
你觉得什么时候?
How soon do you think?
不出半年 你就会进医院
In six months you'll be applying at the hospital
身份不是护士就是病人
either as a nurse or as a patient.
安静 安静 各位
Whisht! Whisht, everybody!
伊丽莎白·肯尼 你的亲朋邻里
Elizabeth Kenny, your friends and neighbors
都为你而相聚于此
have gathered here tonight to do you honor.
时间差不多了
And it's about time.
安静点
Whisht, Weir!
如我所说 为你赏光 时间差不多了
As I was saying, to do you honor, and it's about time.
你在我们这里工作了将近三年时间
For the best part of three years you've labored amongst us
将自己置之度外
without a thought for yourself
无论夜晚多孤寂 无论天气阴晴
in the lonely watches of the night, in foul weather and fair,
- 无论身体好坏
- 快点说 安格斯!
- in sickness and in health. - Get on with it, Angus!
如果你觉得你说的比我好 帕特里克·奥谢
If you think you can do it any better, Patrick O'Shea,
那你上来说!
come up here and do it!
说到哪儿了?完全打乱我的思路了
Where was I? You see, he's driven it completely out of my head.
您的发言很好 弗雷泽先生
It's a beautiful speech, Mr. Frazier.
我给麦吉讲的时候是挺好的
It was when I tried it on Maggie.
但我想说
But what I want to say is...
如果没有你为我们处理伤口 可能有些人就没法出现在这里
that some of us here wouldn't even be here if you hadn't patched us up.
看我 两年前 我腿折了
Look at me. Two years ago, when I had a broken leg,
我以为再也不能走路了
I thought I'd never walk again.
所有你带来的恩惠
And all those Bearns you brought into the world,
都是我们最大的收获
Ah, they're a bonnie crop of Aussies.
是啊 安格斯
Aye, that they are, Angus!
别忘了还有我 她治好了我的肺炎
Don't forget me, Angus. She pulled me through pneumonia.
是没错 但没把你治好 我们也不会介意的
Aye, she did. But she's allowed one mistake!
最重要的是 肯尼护士
Now, to come to the point, Nurse Kenny,
因为你做事从不计报酬
since you won't take a penny for what you've done,
所以我们共同决定...
we've all got together and...
阿奇 阿奇
Archie! Archie!
讲两句!
Speech! Speech!
我...
I...
我不知道说什么好
I don't know what to say.
你们其实没必要这样
Of course you shouldn't have done this.
我无法表达...我有多...
I can't tell you how... how much it...
我不太擅长演讲
I'm not very good at making speeches...
但我...
But I...
看来它比我会讲多了
He seems to be able to say it far better than I can.
谢谢 谢谢大家
Thank you. Thank you all.
我们继续跳舞吧
Now, let's go on with the dance.
我来牵它走 肯尼小姐
I'll take him, Miss Kenny.
这里疼吗 宝贝?
Does it hurt here, darling?
这里呢?
Here too?
她昨天变瘸的 就像我看过的牛摔倒之前一样
She went lame yesterday just like I've seen cows do before they fell down.
你的腿伸不直吗 多丽?
Can't you straighten your leg, Dorrie?
试一下这条腿
Try this one, try now.
好了 不要哭 宝贝
There, don't cry, darling.
我们不会弄疼你的
We're not going to hurt you.
你可以睡一会儿吗?
Don't you think you could try and go to sleep now?
疼 浑身疼
It hurts... it hurts all over.
是的
Yes.
你会好起来的
But we're going to fix you up.
电影精选列表