他叫艾瑞克 他想见见你
His name is Eric and he wants to meet you.
所以我们所做的是帮助我们的产业
So what we do is help US industries
与海外的熟练劳动力联♥系♥起来
connect with skilled labor overseas in order
以便更有效地生产产品
to manufacture the products more efficiently.
她在新加坡 上海 曼谷都有工作室
He has offices in Singapore, Shanghai, Bangkok,
足迹遍布世界各地
he's been all over the world.
但这里是家
But this is home.
比起大城市 我更喜欢小地方
I much prefer a small community over big cities.
那可真是太棒了
Well that's so nice.
听起来 你应该有着非常棒的人生
It sounds like you have a wonderful life.
当然 我很幸运
I do, I'm lucky.
泰莎告诉我说你是个企业家
Tessa tells me you're an entrepreneur as well.
你有自己的理发店
You have your own salon.
一定也很充实
That must be fulfilling.
是的 当然
Yes, it is.
想点什么就放开了点吧 泰勒女士
And go ahead and order whatever you want, Ms. Taylor.
我买♥♥单
Dinner is on me.
叫我杰西卡就行
Call me Jessica.
毕竟我们年龄差不多呢
We're the same age after all.
我去个洗手间
I'm gonna go to the restroom.
请给我来一份中国鸡肉沙拉 调料另加
Order me the Chinese chicken salad, dressing on the side.
收到 亲爱的
You got it sweetheart.
我知道你认为我对你女儿来说太老了
I know you think I'm too old for your daughter.
但是泰莎可不是一般的18岁的孩子
But Tessa is not just any 18-year old.
她比她的实际年龄要成熟得多
She's a lot more mature than her age suggests.
我错来没见过这么聪明又有趣的人
I mean, I've never met someone so interesting and smart.
你不必跟我说泰莎有多优秀
You don't have to tell me how great Tessa is.
看见了吧 泰莎没有一点问题 艾瑞克
See, Tessa is not the problem Eric.
问题在你
The problem is you.
你为什么不告诉我
I mean, why don't you tell me what
一个38岁的男人在一个18岁女孩身上看到了什么
a 38-year old man sees in an 18-year old girl.
你可以少说点废话
And you can cut the crap about
她是那么的成熟 聪明
oh, she's so mature and intelligent.
别回答这个问题好吗
You know what, don't actually answer that question, okay?
我想我知道你觉得她有什么吸引人的地方了
I think I know what you find so attractive about her.
关键是 我想表达的是
The point is, what I'm trying to communicate
我很在乎泰莎
is that I care about Tessa.
这一年她过得很艰难
And she's had a very difficult year.
我想我帮她
And I think I've been helpful
渡过了难关
in getting her past the hard times.
关于我们所经历的最困难的时期
And what would you know about the hard times
你知道什么啊
that we've been through?
去年 我永远的失去了我的妹妹 癌症
I lost my sister last year, cancer.
抱歉 我不知道
I'm sorry, I didn't know.
当我和泰莎第一次开始在网上聊天时
When Tessa and I first started chatting online,
我只想帮助一些人
I only wanted to help someone see
度过他们人生中最糟糕的时刻
past the worst moment of their life.
想象一个充满希望的未来
To imagine a more hopeful future.
我只是想帮助那些像帮助过我一样的人
I just wanted to help someone like others that helped me.
你可能不信 但这并不重要
You may not believe me and that's not important to me
我是个每天早上起来都会
because I'm the one who has
对镜自省的人
to look myself in the mirror every morning.
我非常在乎她
Please know that I care about her very much.
在遇见你并请求你允许我们继续见面之前
I didn't feel comfortable continuing to talk to her
我觉得继续跟她交往
before I met you and asked
会很不自在
for your permission to keep seeing her.
但我理解你的担心
But I understand your apprehension.
我会尊重你的决定
And I will honor whatever decision you make.
关于你妹妹的事 我非常抱歉 艾瑞克
I am very sorry about your sister, Eric.
也谢谢你成为泰莎的好朋友
And I thank you for being a good friend to Tessa
但我不希望你再见我女儿了
but I don't want you seeing my daughter anymore,
交往 或以其他名义
romantically or otherwise.
我表达的够清楚吗
Am I clear?
当然 够清楚
Yes, of course.
那就好
Good.
我会委婉地跟泰莎提分手 并承担责任
I will let Tessa down gently and take the blame
以免造成你和你女儿之间的矛盾
so as to not cause problems between you and your daughter.
感激不尽
Well, I appreciate that.
你看起来是个好人
You seem like a good, decent guy
我相信有一天你会成为别人快乐的理由
and I'm sure someday you'll make someone very happy.
那么我希望她会像你女儿一样出色
Hopefully she'll be as wonderful as your daughter,
只不过比她大十岁
only 10 years older.
谢谢你同意与我共进晚餐
Thank you for agreeing to have dinner with me.
让我们就像一切都没发生一样度过这段时间吧
Let's just get through this as if things went well.
当然
I agree.
我错过什么了吗
So, what did I miss?
-嗨 -你做了什么
- Hey. - What did you do?
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
你对艾瑞克说了什么
What did you tell Eric?
他无缘无故就跟我分手了
He just broke up with me for no reason.
他怎么说的
What did he say?
进展不太顺利
That things weren't working out.
听着 泰莎 我知道你很难过
Listen, Tessa I know you're really upset
但我说过这不会长久
but I always said that was never gonna last.
我知道是你叫他这么做的
I know you told him to do it.
他是这么跟你说的吗
Is that what he told you?
不 他什么都没跟我说 就说我们结束了
No, he didn't tell me anything, he just ended it.
但我不会让你毁了我的生活
But I'm not gonna let you ruin my life.
自从威尔死后
He has been the only thing
他是唯一让我开心的人
that's made me happy since Will died.
我能理解 听着 宝贝
I understand but listen, babe,
但这跟艾瑞克没关系
it wouldn't have worked with Eric.
你秋天都要去上大学了
You're going to VIT in the fall.
我是说 你要怎么做
I mean, what would you have done?
我不去了
I'm not going to VIT.
我不接受
I didn't accept the offer.
你在说什么
What are you even talking about?
我不在乎上不上大学了 我只想要快乐
I don't care about VIT, I wanna be happy.
你只关心大学和成绩
All you care about is college and grades,
你从来都不在乎我开不开心
you don't care about what makes me happy.
艾瑞克让我很开心
Eric made me happy.
我明白 我知道你有多囊
I hear you, I hear how upset you are
但这些都是为了你好
but you've got to know, this is all for the best.
天呐
Oh God!
泰莎
Tess?
泰莎
Tessa!
嗨 我是泰莎 请留言
Hey, it's Tessa, leave a message.
泰莎 我是妈妈 请给我回个电♥话♥好吗
Tessa, hey it's mom, just please give me a call.
让我知道你没事
Let me know you're okay.
我爱你
Alright, love you.
一秒
One sec.
-嗨 -嗨
- Hey. - Hi.
怎么了
What's wrong?
我能进来吗
Can I come in?
当然 快进来
Yeah, of course, come on.
很抱歉打扰你
So I'm sorry to bother you.
没关系的 杰西
It's fine, Jess.
告诉我她走了多久了
Just tell me how long she's been gone.
她昨天走的 晚上没回家
She left yesterday and she didn't come home last night.
你试着给她的手♥机♥定位了吗
Okay, did you try to locate her on her cell?
是的 但是她关机了
Yeah, she disabled her cell.
你觉得她和这家伙在一起
And you think that she's with this guy?
艾瑞克·普里特
Eric Pritt?
我不知道
I don't know.
他说要和她分手
I mean, he said he was gonna break up with her.
他确实跟她分手了
He did break up with her.
好的 那她可能
Okay, good, so she's probably
就是在发泄情绪
just out blowing off some steam.
但是48小时之内不给立案
But the police won't do anything for 48 hours.
但我等不了48小时 克里斯蒂安
And I can't wait 48 hours, Christian.
电影精选列表