为何不呢 街上一直有女孩死去
And why not? Girls die on these streets all the time.
你别想逃脱 这里是警♥察♥局
You'll never get away with it, it's a police station.
这里是我的警♥察♥局 斯塔布
This is my police station, Stubb.
这些门都是锁着的 但我有钥匙
And the doors are locked and I have the keys.
正如我说 斯塔布
Like I said, Stubb,
你不是唯一一个会编故事的人
you're not the only one who can come up with a good story.
试试这个
Try this one.
身无分文的低级记者
Penniless gutter reporter,
渴望以前的好日子
who longs for the good old days,
复活了他最大的反派 开膛手杰克
resurrects his greatest villain, Jack the Ripper.
一派胡言
That's bollocks.
你无法报道一系列谋杀案
You can't report on a string of murders
除非真的有一系列谋杀案可以被报道
unless there's a string of murders to report on.
所以他晚上出去…… -你胡扯
So he goes out at night... -That's bollocks.
他晚上出去 就像一名警员亲眼所见
He goes out at night, as witnessed by a police constable,
袭击那些风尘女子
attacks prostitutes,
制♥造♥花俏的信件
and makes up fancy letters!
我确信你会因此被绞死 斯塔布
I have no doubt that you're gonna hang for this, Stubb,
当你被行刑时 我会在公众席看着
and when you do, I'm gonna be watching
脸上会挂着大大的笑容
from the public gallery with a big smile on my face!
现在只有一处美中不足
There's just one fly in the ointment, isn't there?
一个可以证明
One witness who can attest
那些信件真正来源的证人
to where the letters really came from.
放开她
Let her go.
她没有伤害过你 不是吗 你要的人是我
She ain't done nothing to you, has she? It's me you want.
所以呢
So?
我会认罪
I'll confess.
你会什么
You'll what?
我会承认那些谋杀案 温盖特
I'll confess to the murders, Wingate.
所有的女孩
All the girls.
这会……
There'll be, um...
不需要审判
no trial,
不需要目击证人
no need for witnesses, hmm?
我会直接上绞刑架
I'll go straight to that noose.
放她走
Just let her go.
你会这么做 只是为了救这个妓♥女♥
You'd do that just to save this little whore?
伊立斯 对不起
Iris, I'm so sorry.
我不想连累你的
I didn't wanna involve you.
我爱你
I love you.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我不能接受你的提议
I can't accept your proposal.
我有十足的信心
I have total confidence
不管你认罪与否 你都会被绞死
that you'll hang whether you confess or not.
在伦敦警♥察♥局的牢房♥里
One more audacious murder right here in the cells
又发生一起大胆的谋杀案
of the Metropolitan Police
只会让案情更有说服力
will only make the case stronger.
所以她会是……
So here she is...
开膛手杰克的最后一名受害者
the final victim of Jack the Ripper,
凶手就是我们熟知的
otherwise known...
塞巴斯蒂安·斯塔布
as Sebastian Stubb.
不
No!
我不得不这么做
I had to do it.
他要…… 他要杀了她
He was... He was going to kill her.
莱尼 你怎么进来的
Lenny, how'd you get in here?
我从我父亲的书房♥里拿了一串钥匙
I took a set of keys from my father's study.
你父亲
Your father?
是谁
Who's that?
我对你的女人伊立斯感到抱歉
I'm sorry about your woman, Iris.
不用道歉 你救了她的命
Don't apologise. I mean, you saved her life.
要不是你那样做了
If you hadn't have done what you did.
我别无选择
I had no choice.
我无法看着他杀害另一个女人
I couldn't watch as he murdered another woman.
我还在努力弄清楚这一切
See, I'm still trying to get my head around all this.
温盖特怎么会是你的父亲
I mean, how comes Wingate's your father?
他是我的继父
He's my stepfather.
所以我们没有用同一个姓氏
That's why we don't share the same family name.
这里是他的地方吗
This is his place?
这里是他的书房♥
This is his study.
杰西卡自杀后 他整个人就变了
He was never the same after Jessica's suicide.
他的内心崩溃了
Something inside of him just broke.
他表面上若无其事
He put a brave face on it,
但其实他整个人都被吞噬了
but he was entirely consumed by it.
我只好拿了他的手♥枪♥
I had to take his pistol out of fear
担心他会做出什么傻事
that he'd do something stupid.
所以我同意帮他
That's why I agreed to help him.
帮他什么
With what?
向你复仇
To get revenge on you.
这个开膛手的故事给了他完美的机会
This whole Ripper episode gave him the perfect opportunity.
我父亲安排我去《晨报》工作
My father got me the job at the Morning Times
这样我就能更好地了解你
so I could find out more about you,
去帮他陷害你
to help set you up.
但我发誓
But I swear,
我知道他会再写一些开膛手的信
I knew he was going to write more Ripper letters.
但我不知道他会真的做这些事
But I didn't know he'd go through with it.
这些谋杀
The murders.
那你为什么不早点说
So why didn't you say something earlier?
做点什么来阻止他
Do something to stop him?
我完全不知道他在干嘛
I had no idea what he was doing.
我以为他只是想把现有的案子
I thought he was just going to take existing cases
栽赃到你头上 -哦 真好
and pin them on you. -Oh, nice.
所以你很乐意我为没有做过事锒铛入狱
So you were happy for me to go down for something I never did?
他把我从小养到大
He raised me since I was a boy.
你不会按照你父亲说的做吗
Wouldn't you do what your father told you to,
即使你觉得这可能是错的
even if you thought it might be wrong?
我不知道
I don't know.
我从没见过我父亲
I never knew my old man.
鬼知道早上会发生什么事
God knows what will happen in the morning.
他们会发现他的尸体
They'll find his body
我不得不和他们解释一切
and I'll have to explain everything to them.
你可以得意一阵子了 不是吗
You'll have a field day, won't you?
为什么
Why's that?
这是年度报道
Well, it's the story of the year.
一个处在我父亲地位的人
A man in my father's position doing
犯下了事
what he did.
你可以有一个月的头版了
You'll have the frontpage for a month.
你说不准
You never know.
问题是
The thing is,
我不确定我能不能忍♥受住
I'm not sure I could stand that.
这个家族几乎还没从上一宗丑闻恢复过来
The family barely recovered from the last scandal
这次的情况会更糟一百倍
and this would be a hundred times worse.
我觉得我会不惜一切代价
I think I'd do just about anything.
来阻止这个情况的发生
to stop that from happening.
不要轻举妄动 莱尼
Hold it right there, Lenny.
总得有个报道出来 不是吗
Story's gotta come out somehow, ain't it, hmm?
而说到这个 总会有一个合适的角度
But saying that, there's always an angle.
颠倒黑白
Heroes into villains.
终于努力工作一次了 斯塔布
Hard at work for once, eh, Stubb?
你和警♥察♥的小冲突
Your little run-in with the police
似乎让你有所改善
seems to have done you some good.
准备好要印刷了吗
Is this ready to go?
如果我们抓紧时间 还能制♥作♥出下午版
If we hurry, we can make the afternoon edition.
我一会儿我就把它给你
I'll bring it down to you in a bit.
我想让莱尼先校对一遍
I want Lenny to proofread it first.
《温盖特总督察
"Chief Inspector Wingate,
英勇牺牲》
heroic to the end."
这将是你的头条 -等等
That would be your headline. -Hold on a minute.
我以为会是一个开膛手的报道
I thought this was gonna be a Ripper story.
哦 它就是
Oh, it is.
好吧 那行
Right. Well, all right then,
准备好了就拿给我
just bring it down when it's ready.
电影精选列表