仓库主人允许我用它 只要我完事后清理干净
Warehouse owner lets me use it as long as I clean up after.
所以你想怎么做
So what'll it be then?
伊立斯
Iris.
妈蛋
Bollocks!
伊立斯
Iris?
你在哪里啊
Where are you, girl?
你还好吗 先生
Are you all right, mister?
好 这里是祖庇列街 是吗
Yeah. This is Jubilee Street, right?
是的
Yeah.
我在找一个女孩
I was looking for a girl.
在我看来 你刚刚找到了一个
Well, it looks to me like you just found one.
不不 我在找……
No, no. I was looking...
你叫什么名字 -玛吉
What's your name? -Maggie.
玛吉 玛吉 玛吉·默瑟
Maggie? Maggie? Maggie Mercer.
这跟你有什么关系 -别担心
And what's it to you? -Don't worry.
我去其他地方找找
I'll look somewhere else.
怎么了 我不是你喜欢的类型吗
What's the matter, ain't I your type?
你不明白
You don't understand.
你知道我能满足你的一切
You know I can get you whatever you want.
你喜欢什么 小男孩吗
What do you like? Little boys, is it?
不 -一些黄图
No. -Some dirty pictures?
算了吧
Just forget about it.
你不知道你错过了什么
You don't know what you're missing.
你有在附近看到陌生人吗
You seen any strange men round here?
就你一个
Only the one.
很好
Very good, yeah.
你知道 这不是免费的
It ain't free, you know.
什么不免费 -我的时间
What ain't? -My time.
要不是浪费时间和你说话
Rather than wasting my time talking to you,
我本可以服务某个不错的年轻绅士
I could have been servicing some nice young gentleman.
你在搞笑
You gotta be kidding me.
噢 你就是那类人吧
Oh, you one of those, aren't you?
你只想聊天 -小声点
You just wanna talk! -Keep it down.
你连老二都不敢掏出来
You ain't got the nerve to get your cock out,
更别说你的钱包了 -闭嘴
let alone your wallet. -Shut up.
你会招来警♥察♥的 你想要多少
You'll have the coppers on to us. How much do you want?
你干什么 放手 -放手
What you doing? Get off that. -Get off!
你个该死的小气鬼
Oh, you bleeding cheapskate!
放手
Get off!
天啊
Christ!
快起来 你上班又要迟到了
Come on, you're gonna be late to work again.
我昨晚出去找你了
Went out looking for you last night.
你干嘛了
You did what?
对
Yeah.
我以为你说你要去祖庇列街
I thought you said you was gonna be on Jubilee Street.
是 后来改变主意了
Yeah, changed my mind.
工作什么的
Job and all.
我在那儿碰到了你的一个老朋友
Bumped into an old pal of yours down there.
玛吉·默瑟
Maggie Mercer.
我说过 她不是我朋友 她是个臭婆娘
I told you, she ain't my friend, she's a cow.
你说的没错
You ain't wrong.
你不该晚上来找我的
Shouldn't come looking for me at night.
你可能会看到你不想看到的东西
You might see something you don't wanna see.
哦 别担心 伊立斯 我没有抱任何幻想
Oh, don't worry, Iris, I'm under no illusions.
我是说 我可以想象
I mean, I can imagine.
但这和亲眼所见不一样 对吧
It ain't the same as seeing it in the flesh though, is it?
如果你一定要知道
If you must know,
我去了莱姆豪斯
I went down Limehouse,
狼吞虎咽地吃了半打中国人
gobbed off half a dozen Chinamen.
他们都在排队
All lined up for it they were.
而且他们说的不是真的 你知道
And it ain't true what they say, you know.
行啦 伊立斯
Leave it out will you, Iris.
我说过你不会喜欢的
Well, I told you you wouldn't like it.
去他妈的 我要去上班了
Sod this, I'm going to work.
你不吃早餐吗
Ain't you gonna have any breakfast?
我可以给你做香肠 -我不饿
I could do you a sausage. -I ain't hungry.
是你吗 斯塔布先生
Is that you, Mr Stubb?
早上好 -少跟我套近乎
Good morning. -Don't you good morning me.
你欠我的租金呢 -听着
Where's the rent you owe me? -Look...
我到周末会拿到工资
I get paid by the end of the week
我到时给你结清 好吗 我发誓
and I'll square up with you then, all right? Cross my heart.
三先令六便士
Three shillings and six pence.
不要脸
Cheek!
又来了
Not again.
看看这个 今早的《每日先驱报》
Look at this. This morning's Daily Herald,
独家报道
exclusive story.
《桑树街谋杀案》
Murder on Mulberry Street.
年轻女孩惨遭割喉
A young girl with her throat torn out.
再看看我们的开头
And look what we had to lead with.
《珍贵的猎狗不见了》
"Valuable hunting dog goes missing."
你大不如前了 斯塔布
You're losing your touch, Stubb.
我确实说过狗狗失踪的报道不好
I did say the missing dog story was no good.
我们现在要和《每日先驱报》玩追逐游戏了
And now we're playing catch up with the Daily Herald.
《先驱报》可是雇了一名警♥察♥的
Yeah, well the Herald have got a copper on the payroll.
你很清楚这个吗 -他们肯定有
Know that for sure, do you? -They must have.
不然你认为他们是怎么得到这些独家新闻的
How else do you think they're getting all these exclusives?
你得拿出点本事来 斯塔布
You need to get your finger out, Stubb,
不然莱尼就会在下周这个时候
or else Lenny there will be doing your job
接手你的工作
this time next week.
没事的
It's all right.
我不想要你的工作
I don't think I want your job.
我不确定我有这个本领
I'm not sure I've got the knack for it.
你昨天究竟去了哪里
Where were you really yesterday?
我出去调查那起谋杀案了
I was out investigating that murder.
噢 你看到尸体了
Oh, you saw the body?
对
Yeah.
和信中所说的一样
And it was exactly like the letter said.
我可以利用这个 这个很不错
This, I can work with this, this is good.
你为什么不告诉史汀生 他会欣喜若狂的
Why don't you tell Stimson? He would've been over the moon.
甚至连《先驱报》都没有照片
Not even the Herald have a picture.
因为我不确定是否应该继续下去
Because I'm not sure we should run with it.
什么
What?
我是说 我昨天一整天都在研究这件事
I mean, I was working on it all day yesterday and...
我也不知道 就是有种直觉
I don't know, call it a gut feeling,
觉得这不是个好主意
just don't think it's a good idea.
但是你一整年都在等这种报道
But you've been waiting for a story like this
不是吗
all year, haven't you?
对 但不是这件事
Yeah, but not this.
你认为他为什么寄信给我
Why do you think he sent me that letter?
我不知道
I... I don't know.
我来告诉你 因为他想上报纸
I'll tell you, 'cause he wants to be in the newspaper,
就像之前那样
just like before.
我是说 是我让他出名的 对吧
I mean, it was me that made his name, weren't it?
开膛手杰克
Jack The Ripper.
如果你之前写过他 为何不能再写一次呢
If you wrote about him before, why not do it again?
因为这次不一样
'Cause this time it's different.
这次是出于个人目的
It's personal.
我是说 要是我如他所愿
I mean, if I give him what he wants,
他只会继续犯案 不是吗
he's just gonna keep doing it, ain't he?
有点像鸡生蛋 蛋生鸡
Bit like chicken and the egg, eh?
他杀人 我写他
He kills people, I write about it,
我写他 然后他继续杀人
I write about it and he keeps killing people.
让我对此事也负有了责任
Kind of makes me a bit responsible, doesn't it?
你又不知道 这可能是一次性的
You don't know that, this could have been a one-off.
那是什么
What's that?
他的另一封信
Another letter from him.
今早我在包里发现的
Found it in my bag this morning.
上面说什么
What does it say?
亲爱的老板
"Dear boss.
我看见你在桑树街看到了我的作品
So I see you saw my handiwork on Mulberry Street.
电影精选列表