相信我 莱尼 对于卖♥♥新闻报纸来说
And trust me, Lenny, nothing sells newspapers
最好卖♥♥的就是性丑闻
better than a sex scandal.
你不该有这个
You shouldn't have this.
你喜欢的话就留着吧
Keep it if you like.
如果这是你获取快乐的方式
If that's how you get your jollies.
这事到底和开膛手谋杀案有什么关系
What exactly does this have to do with the Ripper murders?
印刷报纸给了我们很大的权力
Printing newspapers gives us a lot of power.
我们可以用一篇归罪的报道
I mean, we could take someone down just like that,
将那种人扳倒
with an incriminating story.
颠倒黑白
Heroes into villains.
正是如此
Exactly.
现在你有这个开膛手杰克
Now you take this Jack the Ripper.
他想上头版新闻
He wants to be frontpage news, right?
每个人都会谈论他
His name on the tip of everyone's tongue.
人们晚上会害怕得不敢出门
People too scared to leave their houses at night,
就像之前那样
just like before.
但他不会得逞的
But he ain't gonna get that.
只要我们找到合适的角度就不会
Not if we can come up with the right angle.
斯塔布
Stubb.
你最近在忙些什么 -有什么事
What have you been up to? -What now?
楼下有人要求见你
There's someone downstairs demanding to see you.
告诉他们我没空
Tell them I'm busy.
他是谁 -温盖特总督察
Who is it? -Chief Inspector Wingate.
简直是胡闹
This is bollocks.
你知道我什么都没做
I ain't done nothing and you know that.
恰恰相反 斯塔布
On the contrary, Stubb.
我准备提出正式指控
I'm preparing to press formal charges.
指控什么 写信吗
For what, writing letters?
不 指控谋杀
No, for murder.
什么
You what?
有一些新证据浮出水面
Some new evidence has come to light.
相当有力的证据
Rather compelling evidence.
我别无选择 只能秉公处理
I've have no choice but to act upon it.
你在说什么啊 证据
What are you talking about, evidence?
我收到一份声明 是站在你身后的这位先生的
I have a statement here from the gentleman standing behind you.
他恰好是在祖庇列街区域
He just happens to be the constable
巡逻的警员
who patrols the Jubilee Street area.
两天前的晚上 他报告说目击了你
Two nights ago, he reports that he witnessed you
在袭击当地一位叫玛吉·默瑟的风尘女子
attacking a local prostitute by the name of Maggie Mercer.
袭击
Attacking?
他甚至画了一个小素描
He's even done a little sketch.
这儿
Here.
看到没 这是你
See? This is you
在拽她的胳膊
grabbing her by the arm.
事情是这样吗 警员
That's what happened, isn't it, constable?
我看到的就是如此 长官 -我没有袭击她
That's what I saw, sir. -I weren't attacking her.
所以你承认你当时在那儿 -对
So you admit you were there? -Yeah.
你也承认这事确有发生
And you admit that this happened?
对 -因为就在第二天晚上
Yeah... -Because the very next night.
你知道他又看到了什么吗
Do you know what else he saw?
告诉我们 警员
Do tell us, constable.
玛吉·默瑟
Maggie Mercer.
只不过这次她死在了巷子里
Only this time she was dead in an alley
她的喉咙被割开到耳朵的位置
with her throat slit from ear to ear.
这是间接的胡乱猜想
This is circumstantial bollocks.
这是板上钉钉的案子 斯塔布 你心知肚明
It's a clear-cut case, Stubb, and you know it.
不仅是玛吉·默瑟 还包括其他的受害者
And it's not just Maggie Mercer, it's all the others as well.
什么
What?
你确实有这个习惯
You do have a habit of mysteriously
会神秘出现在所有命案现场
turning up at all the murder scenes.
你比我们还先知道桑树街的事
You knew about Mulberry Street before we did.
那是因为信上写着 -那是另一回事
'Cause it was in the letter. -That's another thing.
这些所谓的开膛手的信
The so-called Ripper letters
你早就承认了是你自己写的
that you've already admitted to writing yourself.
那是以前的信
That was the old ones.
你一年前就被怀疑
You were under suspicion a year ago,
但是里斯巡官能力不足
but Inspector Rees was too damned incompetent
无法断案
to finish the job.
现在我们抓到你了
Now we've got you.
把他押入大牢
Let's take him to the cells.
老实说 斯塔布
Frankly, Stubb,
我很少看到这么多证据
I've rarely seen such a mountain of evidence.
我给你的建议是现在就坦白
My advice to you is to confess now,
表现出足够的悔恨 这样或许
show enough remorse and maybe,
仅仅是或许 你会被关进精神病院
just maybe, you'll end up with life in an asylum
而不是被绞刑处死
rather than the noose.
虽然如果是我来判 我会更倾向于后者
Although if it was me, I think I'd much prefer the latter.
你为何如此心急地想归罪于我 温盖特
Why are you so keen to pin this all on me, Wingate?
我有得罪过你吗
What have I ever done to you?
你想怎么否认都行 斯塔布
You can deny it all you like, Stubb,
你会得到应有的惩罚 我会处理的
you'll get what you deserve, I'll see to that.
这事远没你想的这么简单 你知道吗
There's more to this than you think, you know that?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
我知道你不相信我
I know you don't believe me,
但我确实没有写过那些信
but I didn't write those letters.
不管你写没写过那些信
Whether or not you wrote those letters
都不是我最关心的
is the least of my concerns.
我在意的是这些谋杀
It's the murders I'm interested in.
首先 我以为凶手把信寄给我
First, I thought the killer was sending me
是为了让我做宣传
those letters for the publicity, yeah?
但我想错了
I was wrong.
他寄信给我是为了嫁祸我
He's sending me those letters to set me up.
他为什么要这样做
And why would he do that?
我不知道
I don't know.
听着 去找我的伊立斯谈谈 她会告诉你的
Look, talk to my girl Iris, she'll tell you.
告诉我什么
Tell me what?
告诉你我没有杀人
That I didn't do these murders
也没有写那些信
and I didn't write the letters.
她是唯一可以证明这一点的人
She's the only one that can prove that.
我一开始并不想把她牵扯进来 可是
I mean, I didn't wanna involve her at first but, well,
我现在别无选择 不是吗
I don't have a choice now, do I?
我去哪里找这个伊立斯
And where can I find this Iris?
怎么回事 温盖特 -她是唯一一个
What's going on, Wingate? -This is the only person
能证明你清白的人 斯塔布
who can prove you're innocent, Stubb.
一个低贱的白教堂妓♥女♥
A downmarket, Whitechapel whore.
我觉得没有人会相信这个荡♥妇♥
I doubt anyone would believe a single word
所说的话 然后你会再次……
this slut has to say, but then again...
因为这些谋杀案锒铛入狱 斯塔布
You're going down for these murders, Stubb.
我会确保这一点
I'll make sure of it,
即使我不得不当着你的面割开另一个
even I have to slit the throat of another whore
妓♥女♥的喉咙
right here in front of you!
我不明白这是怎么回事
I don't understand any of this.
你以为只有你这个聪明的混♥蛋♥
You think you are the only clever bastard
会用一个报道毁掉别人的人生
who can ruin someone's life with a story?
记得那个受过良好教养的
Remember the one about the innocent girl
无辜女孩吗
with a good upbringing?
她犯了一个错 而你利用这个错
Who made one mistake, a mistake that you caused her
让她悔恨终身
to regret for the rest of her life,
她的一生很短暂
which wasn't very long.
她自杀了 斯塔布
She killed herself, Stubb,
我唯一的女儿 我的杰西卡
my only daughter, my Jessica.
就在你刊登了那篇说她不检点的报道之后
After you printed that story about her little indiscretion.
那张照片里的女孩 -嗯
The girl in the photograph. - Oh!
想起来了 是吗
It's coming back, is it?
我一直都没忘记 斯塔布
Well, I didn't forget, Stubb,
你令我的家族蒙受耻辱
having my family name dragged through the mud.
我本来想
I wanted to come after you
利用我的职权收拾你
with the full weight of my position,
但这显然没有犯罪
but apparently no crime had been committed.
所以你才这么做吗 杀了那些女孩
That's why you did it, hmm, killed all those girls?
电影精选列表