并评论说犯罪嫌疑人
the robbery commented that the suspect
是出于绝望做出此事
may have acted out of desperation
因为他有一个病重的妻子
due to having a sick wife.
我不能当消息来源 是我在写这个报道
I can't be a source, I'm writing the story.
不再是你了 莱尼 这听起来怎么样
Not anymore, Lenny. How does this sound?
嫌疑人避过子弹 成功逃脱 不行
Dodging bullets, the suspect made his escape. No.
勇敢的年轻人
The plucky young man.
他不年轻 他有白头发了
Well, he wasn't young, he had grey hair.
外貌显眼的人
The distinguished-looking man
逃到了人群中
made his escape into the crowd,
大家都在为他欢呼
who cheered him on.
他们不是在欢呼 他们在尖叫
Well, they weren't cheering, they were screaming.
我觉得你是烂泥扶不上墙 莱尼
I don't even think you're cut out for this, Lenny.
也许你应该坚持画画
Maybe you should stick to doing your drawings.
你在写报道的时候
You're the one who gets to be more creative
喜欢添油加醋
when you're writing the stories.
你是在暗示我只是胡编乱造吗
Are you implying that I just make stuff up?
从来没有
Never.
莱尼 我从来没有发表过一句谎话
Lenny, I've never printed a single word of a lie.
这只是选择了正确的角度
It's all about choosing the right angle.
妈蛋
Bollocks!
忘了买♥♥火柴
Forgot to get matches.
那是什么
What's that?
写着我名字的信
Letter with my name on.
哪里来的
Where's it from?
不知道 我刚在包里发现它
Don't know, I just found it in the bag.
你在街上有没有碰到什么人
Well, did you bump into anyone in the street?
可能是趁你不注意 偷偷放进去的
Perhaps they slipped it in when you weren't looking.
我记得没有
Not that I know of.
你为什么会害怕这个
Why are you so scared by this?
是用红色墨水写的
It's written in red ink.
看这个 署名开膛手杰克
Look at that, signed Jack The Ripper.
有人在恶作剧 哥们 一定是
Someone having a laugh, mate, gotta be.
就连笔迹都和我以前写的一样
I mean, even the writing is the same as the ones that I wrote.
你以前写的
The ones you wrote?
对 就一年多以前 那时你还没来工作
Yeah, just over a year ago now, before you worked here.
你还记得开膛手杰克的巨大恐慌吗
You remember the big Jack Ripper scare?
那就是我 我想出来的
That was me, I came up with that.
所以是你编造的
So you made it up.
我不会瞎编的 好吧
I don't make stuff up, do I?
我只是想到了这个角度
I just came up with the angle.
据称是他写来坦白谋杀案的
See, it was the letters that he supposedly wrote
那些信件 其实是我写的
confessing to the murders, I did them.
那听起来还是作假了啊
That still sounds rather dishonest.
我从没说过那些信是开膛手杰克写的
See, I never said the letters were written by Jack the Ripper,
它们只是署名为开膛手杰克
just they were signed Jack the Ripper, which they were.
它们看起来就像这样
And they looked just like this.
好吧 信上写着什么
Well, what does it say?
亲爱的老板 我保证你收到我的信
"Dear boss, I warrant you'll be most surprised
会非常惊讶 你的老朋友 杰克
in receiving this letter from me, your old friend Jack.
在过去的一年里 我一直在享受休假
I've been enjoying a leave of absence these past 12 months.
但现在我再次渴望
But presently I've had a yearning to once again
去感受和触碰温暖的血肉
feel the touch of warm flesh and blood.
她告诉我她叫梅维斯
She told me her name was Mavis.
我在桑树街发现她的
I found her on Mulberry Street.
也是在这里将她割喉 然后把尸体
Which is where I slit her throat before concealing the body
藏到了附近刚好没有锁门的车间
in a nearby workshop whose door was helpfully unlocked."
这也太具体了 桑树街
That's quite specific, Mulberry Street.
对
Yeah.
那你打算干什么
Well, what are you gonna do?
啥也不做
Nothing.
这是有人在恶作剧
It's someone having a laugh.
那你接下来要去哪儿
Well, where are you going then?
去买♥♥火柴
To get matches.
所以你不去桑树街吗
So not down to Mulberry Street?
不去
No.
那只会浪费我的时间 不是吗
See, that would be a waste of my time, wouldn't it?
这能让莱尼有事可做了
This'll give Lenny something to work with.
喂
Oi.
你在干什么
What are you doing there?
我跟你说 我是《伦敦晨报》的记者
I'm telling you, I'm a reporter for the London Morning Times.
我有正当的理由在那里
I had a legitimate reason to be there, yeah.
我在写一篇报道
See, I'm writing a story.
去和温盖特总督察说吧
Tell it to Chief Inspector Wingate.
我现在下班了
I'm off duty now.
那我到哪里去找这个温盖特
And where do I find this Wingate fella?
他会来找你的
He'll find you.
那这段时间我怎么办
And what am I supposed to do till then?
写你的报道
Write your story.
你就是温盖特
You Wingate?
温盖特总督察 正是在下
Chief Inspector Wingate, yes.
塞巴斯蒂安·斯塔布 来自《伦敦晨报》
Sebastian Stubb, London Morning Times.
我没有和罪犯们握手的习惯
I'm not in the habit of shaking hands
斯塔布先生
with criminals, Mr Stubb.
你全弄错了 正如我之前和你手下说的
You got it all wrong. Like I said to your man earlier,
我和此事没关系 我不该被关在这里
I ain't nothing to do with this. I shouldn't be in here.
哦 对 桑树街 是吗
Ah, yes, Mulberry Street, isn't it?
肮脏的生意
Nasty business.
他们还在努力确认女孩的身份
They're still trying to identify the girl.
她叫梅维斯
Her name was Mavis.
我以为你说过你与此事无关
I thought you said you had nothing to do with it.
我是《伦敦晨报》的记者 好吗
I'm a reporter for the London Morning Times, yeah?
我发现了这封信
Found this letter
信上说这个叫梅维斯的女孩
and it said that this young girl called Mavis
被人割断喉咙 她的尸体被藏在
has had her throat cut and that her body had been stashed
桑树街的某个仓库里
somewhere in a warehouse in Mulberry Street.
我一开始以为这是个玩笑
I mean, I thought it was a joke at first.
玩笑 我不觉得这听起来很幽默 斯塔布先生
A joke? It doesn't sound very humorous to me, Mr Stubb.
你看下底部的署名
Have a look at the signature at the bottom.
开膛手杰克
"Jack the Ripper."
懂我意思了吗
See what I mean?
等等 在这些开膛手谋杀案之前
Wait a minute, we had a newspaper man
我们曾拘留过一个记者
in custody before over these Ripper murders.
他有一叠信 声称是来自开膛手
He had a clutch of letters, said were from the Ripper.
但最后发现信是这个混♥蛋♥自己写的
And it turned out the bastard was writing them himself
这样他可以获得一些廉价宣传
so he could gain some cheap publicity.
那个人就是我
See, that... that was me.
现在你又来了 想要故技重施
And here you are, up to your old tricks again.
那封信不是我写的 -真的吗
See I didn't write that one. -Really?
我凭什么相信
And why should I believe that?
我怎么可能写这个
How could I have written it,
我一整天都被关在这里
when I've been stuck in here all day?
你好好看看 信是用钢笔写的 用的红墨水
Have a look at it, it's written with an ink pen, red ink.
把你的包给我
Give me your bag.
一支墨水钢笔
One ink pen
还有一瓶红墨水
and one bottle of red ink.
你知道 我忘了那些在里面
You know, I forgot that was in there.
我是说 那是以前用的 写旧信的时候
I mean, that's from before, the old letters.
我都不知道自己还带着它们
Didn't even know I was still walking around with them.
这事实证明了你在监狱时
The fact remains that you could easily
也可以轻而易举地写这封信
have written that letter whilst you were in the cell.
就算是我写的 也不代表我就是凶手吧
Even if I did, that don't make me a murderer, does it?
你不能仅仅因为不喜欢我的工作方式
And you can't keep me locked up in here just 'cause
就把我关押在这里 温盖特
you don't like the way I'm doing my job, Wingate.
我想不能
I suppose not.
跟我来 斯塔布先生
Come with me, Mr Stubb.
我们有很多事要探讨
We have a lot to discuss.
当我听到桑树街的时候 我的第一反应
When I heard about Mulberry Street, my first thought
就是想到了开膛手谋杀案
was of the Ripper murders.
所以我派人去了档案室
So I sent someone down to the records room
电影精选列表