取来了去年的原始案卷
to bring me the original case file from last year.
现在我想了想 我好像记得你的名字
Now that I think of it, I seem to recall your name
在好几个地方出现过
being mentioned in several places.
对 就像我和你上一个巡官说的
Yeah, well, like I said to your last inspector...
他叫什么来着 -里斯
What was his name? Er... -Rees.
他试图通过这些信件 把一切都归咎于我
He tried to pin it all on me over the letters.
但他最后知道了 这些不过是一派胡言
But in the end he know it was just a load of old bollocks.
嗯
Mmm.
对 我最后不得不让里斯离开 提前退休
Yes, I had to let Rees go in the end, early retirement.
据说他是个正直的人
A decent man by all accounts.
但是他对开膛手案子的办案不力
But his lack of results on the Ripper case
实在是不可原谅
was simply unforgivable.
所以你再没为此案抓过任何人
So you never did nab anyone for it then?
说来惭愧 没有
To my great shame, no.
现在他回来了
And now he's back.
这是个大假设 斯塔布
That's a big assumption, Stubb.
拜你所赐 这个案子人尽皆知
The case was well-known, thanks to you.
每个人都知道他的作案手法
Everyone knew about his methods.
那又怎样 是有人想加入他的队伍吗
So what, this is just someone trying to get in on his act?
很有可能是另一个凶手
Quite possibly another killer
想为他们自己打造名气
trying to make a name for themselves.
这个理论很有趣 温盖特
That's an interesting theory that, Wingate.
虽然毫无道理 -为什么这么说
Don't make sense though. -And why is that?
因为他根本就没让自己出名 对吧
Well 'cause he ain't making a name for himself, is he?
他只是用了别人的名字
He's just using someone else's name.
所以呢
So?
所以我的理论是 这个家伙 不管他是谁
So my theory is, this bloke, whoever he is,
他这样做是为了宣传
he's doing it for the publicity.
大家都在谈论他
Everyone talking about him.
每个人都害怕他
Everyone's scared of him.
所以他才寄给我那封信
That's why he sent me that letter.
当然了 不过…… -为什么要签开膛手杰克
Yes, of course, but... -Why sign it Jack the Ripper?
为什么不想个自己的噱头
Why not come up with his own gimmick?
我不知道 比如刺杀者米克
I don't know, Mick the Stabber.
你真的很擅长想这些名字
You're rather good at coming up with these names,
不是吗 斯塔布
aren't you, Stubb?
我想说的是 所有的宣传都指向了
All I'm saying is, all the publicity's going
那个老开膛手 对吧
to the old Ripper, innit?
如果不是模仿犯 何必多此一举
Not the copycat, so why bother?
除非就是同一个人
Unless it is the same man.
这些原始信件
These are the original letters
是里斯巡官从你那里拿的
that Inspector Rees took from you.
没错
Yeah.
是你写的
That you wrote.
你知道 里斯不可能让我留着这些信
Well, you see, Rees would never let me keep the letters,
即使我告诉他 这些都不是真的证据
despite me telling him it weren't real evidence.
让我再看下那封信
Let me see that letter again.
很难确定 不过他们看上去一模一样
It's hard to be sure, but they look the same.
对 我第一眼看到时也是这么想的
Yeah, that's what I thought when I first saw it.
所以你想让我相信这封信是你写的
So you want me to believe that you wrote this one,
而这封信不是你写的
but you didn't write this one?
听着
Look.
我告诉你一些事
Let me tell you something.
行
Yes.
如果你能假设一分钟
If you can just assume just for one minute
我所说的是事实
that I'm telling you the truth.
好的
Yes.
那就意味着
That would mean
写下这封新信的人就是真凶
whoever wrote that new letter is the real killer
因为当我在包里发现信的时候
because nobody else knew about that body
没有其他人知道今早在桑树街上
first thing this morning on Mulberry Street
会有这具尸体
when I found that letter in my bag.
你的意思是
And your point is?
我的意思是
My point is this.
那封信和我去年所写的信件
That letter is written in the exact same style
如出一辙
as the ones that I wrote last year,
旧信又一直保存在案卷中
which up until now have been kept in a case file
被锁在你的档案室里
locked away in your records room.
所以 不管凶手是谁
So, whoever this killer is,
他可以接触到你的纪录
he's got access to your records.
你回来的比平时晚
You're later than normal.
你今天是在忙工作 对吗
Actually been doing some work today, have you?
对
Yeah.
听着 可以看一下这个吗
Look, have a look at this, will you?
你是在嘲弄我吗
Are you taking the piss?
你明知道我不识字 塞巴斯蒂安
You know I can't read, Sebastian.
是 但你可以看出来这是封信 伊立斯
Yeah, you can see that that's a letter though, Iris.
这些红墨水
Yeah, the red ink?
你又在玩老把戏了吗
You're trying that one again, are you?
假的开膛手信件
Fake Ripper letters?
除非有对应的谋杀案发生 不然不会有效的
That ain't gonna work unless there's a murder to go with it.
有一起谋杀案 伊立斯
There's been a bloody murder, Iris.
就像上一次
Just like last time.
我看过尸体 她的喉咙被……
Saw the body. Her throat had been, er...
我在警♥察♥局的牢房♥里呆了一整天
And I've been in the police cell all day
努力解释着我与此事无关
trying to convince them I ain't nothing to do with it.
还有那封信不是我写的
And that I didn't write that letter.
你是说开膛手杰克又回来了
Are you saying Jack the Ripper's come back,
都过了这么久
after all this time?
没有开膛手杰克这样的人 伊立斯
There ain't no such person as Jack the Ripper, Iris.
那只是我想出来的一个名字
That's just a name that I came up with.
是 但确实有人杀害了那些女孩
Yeah, but somebody killed all those girls.
没错
Yeah.
听着 过来 亲爱的
Look, come here, sweetheart.
要不你今晚别出去了
I mean, what if tonight you didn't go out?
那明晚又怎么办
What about the next night?
嗯
Mmm?
还有后晚
And the next?
在你知道之前 我们会先饿死街头
Before you know it, we'll both be starving in the streets.
而且 我一直带着防身工具
Besides, I always carry some protection.
防身工具
Protection?
对
Yeah.
虽然不大
It ain't much.
还有点钝
It's a bit blunt,
但还是有杀伤力的
but it does the job.
那你今晚要去哪里工作
So where you gonna be working tonight then?
桑树街似乎不错 那里既好又安静
Mulberry Street seems a nice bet, it's nice and quiet.
除了那里 其他地方都行
Anywhere but there, that's...
那个女人就是在那里被割喉的
that's where that woman got her throat cut.
好吧 那就祖庇列街
All right then, Jubilee Street.
只要玛吉·默瑟没在那附近
As long as Maggie Mercer ain't around.
谁 -那个臭婆娘
Who? -The cow.
她认为祖庇列街
She reckons own everywhere from
到米尔院的地盘都是她的
Jubilee Street to Mill Yard.
她一直跟我说 滚出她的地盘
She's always telling me to "get off her patch".
运气好的话 开膛手杰克会吓跑她
With any luck, Jack the Ripper will scare her off.
或干掉她
Or do her in.
这一点都不好笑 伊立斯
This ain't funny, Iris.
你为什么这么沮丧
What you so down about?
如果还有更多命案 那是件好事 不是吗
If there's more killings, that's a good thing, isn't it?
就和上次一样
Just like last time.
不 上次不一样
No. Last time was different.
那封信 是真的
That letter, that's, that's the real deal.
写那封信的人昨晚在桑树街
And whoever wrote it slashed that girl's throat last night
割断了那个女孩的喉咙
on Mulberry Street.
不管是谁干的
Whoever it is,
他们已经盯上我了
they've got their eyes on me.
我能帮你什么忙吗
Can I help you with something?
我有房♥间
I've got a room.
我知道地方不大
I know it ain't much.
电影精选列表