你不该在床上抽烟
You shouldn't smoke in bed.
喂 要睡着的时候不准抽烟
Oi! Not when you're gonna fall asleep.
总有一天这个地方会被你烧掉
You'll burn the whole place down one of these days.
那也是毫无损失
That'd be no loss.
火柴放哪儿了
Where's the matches?
肯定是昨晚用完了
Must have used the last one last night.
真是符合你的作风
That's typical of you, that is.
如果你不喜欢我这里 那你自己找地方去
And if you don't like my place, find your own.
我们讨论过很多次了 伊立斯 资金很紧张
We've been over this, Iris, so many times. Money's tight.
是你资金紧张
You're bleeding tight!
去年的这个时候我们就该结婚了
We were supposed to be married this time last year.
该死的钟声
Bloody bells!
听着 别吵架 我头疼
Look, don't start, I've gotta headache.
当你从那些开膛手报道中得到奖金的时候
When you got those bonuses from those Ripper stories.
是 那段时间过得很顺
Yeah, those were the good times.
你说过你要带我去个好地方
You said you were gonna take me somewhere nice
并娶我为妻
and make an honest woman out of me.
仁慈的上帝
The Good Lord God himself
不可能娶你的 伊立斯
couldn't make an honest woman out of you, Iris.
我们要不然就结婚
It was either that or we
要不然就花钱安装那个洗脸盆
spend the money on having that basin fitted.
而且我认为我们的决定是对的
And I think we made the right decision.
我是说 至少现在你早上回来后
I mean, at least now you can wash yourself off
有地方可以洗漱
when you get in in the morning.
如果你有一份像样的薪资 我就不用这样了
I wouldn't have to if you brought in a decent wage,
塞巴斯蒂安
Sebastian.
你以为我喜欢每晚出去吗
Do you think I like going out every night?
你挣了多少钱
How much do you make?
没多少 -给我一便士
Not a lot. -Give us a penny.
为什么
What for?
买♥♥火柴
Matches.
这是种犯罪 -什么罪
It's a crime, that is. -What is?
靠不道德的收入生活
Living off immoral earnings.
去报社正经谋生 伊立斯
Make an honest living from the newspaper, Iris.
你的薪水连房♥租都不够
Your wages don't even cover the rent no more.
我说过了 伊立斯 资金紧张 即使是在报社
Told you, Iris, money's tight, even at the newspaper.
我是说 大家都过得穷困潦倒
I mean, everyone's so bleeding poor and miserable.
没有人想读报纸
And no one wants to read all about it
因为大家都在忙于生计
because they're all bleeding living it.
你以前做得很好
You used to do all right.
对 我们以前有开膛手谋杀案这类报道
Yeah, that was back when we had stories like the Ripper murders.
它们很可怕
They were horrible.
我以前每晚出去都会担惊受怕
I used to be scared for my life every night I went out.
肯定的
Yeah, I bet.
我确实卖♥♥出过很多报纸
I did sell a lot of newspapers.
说到这个 我得走了
Speaking of which, I've gotta get going.
上班之前你还可以快速地来一发
You got time for a quick one before work?
我想你昨晚肯定已经满足了
I'm sure you've had enough for one night.
那不一样 跟他们做
It ain't the same, doing it for them as
和我自己动手一样 塞巴斯蒂安
doing it for me, Sebastian.
不行 我得走了 快要迟到了
No, I've gotta go, I'm gonna be late.
这些真是好日子
Those were the good times.
是斯塔布先生吗
Mr Stubb is it?
你的伊立斯说由你负责支付
Your Iris tells me you're responsible for
这段时间的房♥租 -她有说吗
the rent these days. -Does she?
嗯 已经到期了
Well, it's due.
行吧
Right.
三先令六便士 -就这么多 是吗
Three shillings and six pence. -As much as that, is it?
你一定做得很好 -这个嘛
You must be doing very well. -Well...
如果你们中有人能按时交租 我会很好
I would be if any of you buggers paid me on time.
听着 太太 现在情况是 如果我上班迟到了
See, missus, the thing is, is if I'm late for work,
我就拿不到薪水
I don't get paid.
如果我没有薪水 我就无法交租
And if I don't get paid, I can't pay the rent.
但我给你保证 今天结束的时候
But you have my word that I'll square up with you
我会把钱给你 好吗
by the end of the day, all right?
妈蛋
Bollocks.
很高兴你能加入我们 斯塔布先生
Nice of you to join us, Mr Stubb.
这里也不像有很多事 不是吗 史汀生先生
It's hardly like there's a lot going on, Mr Stimpson, is there?
噢 年轻的卡特赖特先生在设法让自己忙起来
Oh, young Mr Cartwright here is managing to keep himself busy.
我在写我的第一个报道
I am writing my first story.
我上班途中看到了一起抢劫
I saw a robbery on the way to work.
史汀生先生说我可能会上头版
Mr Stimpson says I might get the frontpage.
你答应让我上头版的
You promised me the frontpage.
头版和相关奖金
The frontpage and its associated bonus
归最值得的人所有
goes to whoever most deserves it.
这些就是你今天的报道
These are your stories of the day?
尽你所能利用它们
Make what you can of them.
这是什么玩意 一条失踪的狗
What the bleeding hell's this? A missing dog?
这个我能怎么写
What am I supposed to do with this?
这是条珍贵的猎犬
It's a valuable hunting dog.
这只是条狗 没有人会在乎一条狗
It's a dog. No one gives a damn about a bleeding dog.
这个不可能上头版 你心知肚明
This ain't gonna make frontpage and you know that.
失踪的狗已经是最好的素材了
The missing dog is the best one of the lot.
我成就了这份报纸
I made this paper.
我的开膛手报道成就了这份报纸
My Ripper stories made this paper.
那是一年前的事了
That was a year ago.
从那以后你又给我们带来了什么
What have you brought us since, hmm?
失踪的狗 我能怎么处理这个
Missing dog, what am I supposed to do with that?
你一直说记者用什么都能编报道
You always say a reporter can make a story out of anything.
你有次说什么来着 “颠倒黑白”
What was it you said once? "Heroes into villains."
一个优秀的记者可以把白的说成黑的
A good reporter can turn heroes into villains
把黑的说成白的
and villains into heroes.
说一说你之前看到的抢劫案
Take this robbery you saw earlier.
嗯 就在阿德琳纳格罗夫附近的
Well, it was outside the bank
银行外面 他们提着一些
near Adelina Grove and they were bringing in
装满钞票的公文包
these briefcases full of cash.
然后有个家伙走过来
Now this bloke walks up,
一把抢过公文包就逃跑了
snatches the briefcase and makes a run for it.
警卫连忙向他开火 不过周围的人群
And the guards, they fire after him, but with everyone
都陷入了尖叫和恐慌
screaming and panicking in the crowd.
他就这么跑不见了
Well, he just disappeared.
这就是你的报道吗
And that's your story, yeah?
挺不赖的
Ain't bad at all.
不过你回答我 莱尼
But answer me this, Lenny.
谁是坏人
Who's the villain?
当然是那个抢劫犯
Well... the robber, of course.
为什么是他
Why's that?
因为他是罪犯 是小偷
Well, he's a criminal, a thief.
他偷的是谁
Who'd he steal from?
银行
The... the bank.
那谁会在乎银行
And who cares about banks?
没有人 莱尼 没人会在乎银行
Nobody, Lenny, nobody cares about banks.
我是说 你找出我们的大多数读者
I mean, you take a majority of our readers,
他们可能总共都凑不出两便士
probably haven't got two pennies to rub together,
更不会去关心某个有钱的银行家
won't give a damn about some rich banker
丢失了几英镑
that's lost a few quid.
所以
So...
你想让银行成为坏人
well, you'd like to make the bank the villain.
没错
Right.
那谁是好人
Then who's our hero?
这个家伙 他为什么这么做
This fella, why did he do it?
我想是因为需要钱
Needed money, I suppose.
嗯 现在还有谁会不需要额外的钱呢
Hmm. And who couldn't do with a bit of extra cash these days?
我意思是 为何不说他需要养家
I mean, what's to say he ain't got a family to support?
饥饿的孩子要喂养 妻子病得无法工作
Starving kids to feed, wife too sick to work.
他的妻子病得不能工作 谁说的
His wife's too sick to work? Who said that?
你说的 莱尼 就这样写
You did, Lenny, just then.
什么
What, What?
我们的独家消息来源
Our exclusive source,
他目睹了这起抢劫
who personally witnessed
电影精选列表