看
Look!
你看见我的貂皮大衣了吗
Do you know what happened to my mink coat?
它不见了
It disappeared
我要去加拿大
I am going to Canada
-希望你是在护卫队里 -坐驱逐舰去
- I hope you are in a convoy - In a destroyer
很可怕
It's terrifying
和一些英俊的科学家一起去吗
Well, with some handsome scientists?
有看上的人吗
Anyone a catch?
他们都结婚了
They're all married
然后呢
So?
-索尼娅 -开玩笑嘛
- Sonya! - Aw, come on
你知道的 里奥在蒙特利尔市 在大学里
You know, Leo is in Montreal At the University
你可以去见他
You could see him
蒙特利尔市 我不这么认为
Montreal! I don't think...
想象一下里奥会多么恼火
Imagine how annoyed Leo would be,
如果他发现你有了外遇
to discover you're having an affair
别说了
Oh, stop it!
旅途长着呢
It's a hell of a journey!
还有什么可做的 除了美妙的性♥爱♥
What else is there to do? Except have marvelous sex ...
我想我得带上本书
I thought I'd take a book
会爆♥炸♥
... Becomes explosive
所以 这就是为什么备用反应堆
So, that's why the backup reactor is ...
是制备反应堆
a breeder reactor.
问题是 里面有很多化学物质
The thing is, there's lots of chemicals
你知道 如果你混合
you see, and if you mix ...
非均相反应堆使用的重水要少得多
Heterogeneous reactor Uses far less heavy water
如果你从铀中提取钚
If you take the Plutonium from Uranium
或者从钍中提取铀233
or Uranium 233 from Thorium,
或者
or ...
或者硼 天啊
Or Borium! Christ!
听我说 十分抱歉
Listen to me; I'm sorry!
自从我们离开后我就一直在说工作的事
I haven't stopped talking shop since we left.
我们有足够的时间来完成这些事
There's plenty of time to go through all of this.
你离开的这段时间你妻子会想你吗
Will your wife miss you for five weeks?
如果她能发现我走了 我反而惊讶
I'd be surprised if she even noticed that I'd gone
为不被鱼雷炸飞干杯
To not being torpedoed!
好的 正在接收
Yes, receiving
不 恐怕又没有了
No, it's gone again, I'm afraid
我们结婚太早了
We married too soon
-但是你们曾经相爱过吗 -当然
- But you were in love? - Yes!
不 我不知道
No? I don't know ...
我不这么认为
I don't think so!
你曾经爱过什么人吗
Have you ever loved anyone enough to ...
曾经有这么一个人
There was someone ...
我爱他 我也以为他爱我
I loved him and I think he loved me
我以为我会嫁给他 但是
I thought I was going to marry him, but ...
他从来没有提起
He never asked.
他听起来像个白♥痴♥
He sounds like an idiot!
戴维斯教授
Professor Davis!
-我是泰勒·斯科特 -很高兴见到你
- Taylor Scott - Good to meet you
-请这边走 -谢谢
- Please, this way! - Thank you!
稍后他们会带你去你的小屋
They will take you to your cabins later
小屋吗
Cabins?
你的住处 但首先 你应该见见基尔
Your quarters. But first, you should meet Kierl
我以前见过他一次
I know I met him once before.
我想是在伦敦的时候
In London, I think.
那就事情就更好办了
Oh, that makes it even easier
我们为这位年轻的女士准备了一台甩干机
There is something for the little lady. It's called a tumble dryer
-分♥析♥同位素吗 -不 洗衣服用的
- For isotopes? - No, for laundry
不是说你有时间洗衣服
Not that you'll have any time to do it
我们都上18小时的班
We're all on 18 hour shifts
这里有美国科学家吗
Are there any American scientists here?
不 不 他们开始曼哈顿计划时
No, no, they stopped sharing research with us
曼哈顿计划:美国陆军部实施的研制原♥子♥弹♥的计划
就不再和我们合作研究了
when they started the Manhattan project
他们认为我们外国人都是隐患
They think all us foreigners are security risks
他们认为我们加拿大人
And they got it into their heads that we Canadians ...
想把俄♥国♥人带进这个项目
... want to bring the russians into it.
这也许不是个坏主意
Well, it might not be such a bad idea.
你说什么
Excuse me?
俄♥国♥人救了我们
The Russians saved us,
我们无法再抵御闪电战了
we couldn't have stood much more of the Blitz
谢天谢地希♥特♥勒♥入侵了他们 而非我们
Thank God Hitler invaded them, and not us
不要让这里的任何人知道你那样想
Don't let anyone else here know that you think that.
他们是我们的盟友
They are our allies.
我们却不让他们参与研究
Now we have cut them out of research.
不难料想 这让他们更加多疑
Hardly surprising, it's making them even more paranoid.
美♥国♥佬♥想捷足先登
The Yanks want to get there first.
他们现在谁都不相信
They don't trust anyone now,
他们在找各种事由让我们关门
and they're looking for any excuse to see us shut down.
基尔教授
Ah, Professor Kierl,
这是戴维斯教授和他的助手
this is Professor Davis and his assistant ...
琼·史密斯 我们以前见过一次
Joan Smith! We've met once before
是的 我很欣赏你在剑桥的工作
Yes, I admire your work at Cambridge.
首先 我们不确定是否有足够的钚
One, we won't know if we have enough Plutonium ...
得等中式反应器对重水做出临界反应
... until we have our pilot reactor at criticality using heavy water.
我会让你去看的 我们每天都共进晚餐
I will leave you to it. We all eat dinner together every night,
到时候见
so I'll see you then.
再者 我们计划紧随杜邦和橡树岭实验室
Two, we are planning to closely follow DuPont, Oak Ridge,
采用化学分离铋-磷酸技术
using chemical separation techniques Bismuth-Phosphate process.
那个滚筒式烘干机真的很有趣
Now about that tumble dryer it really is fun.
若我要加快进程
If I am gonna get up to speed,
我会需要有关于原子上敏捷思维的
I'll need the help of First Class Cambridge Science Graduate
剑桥毕业的科学家的帮助
with one of the quickest minds in atomic physics,
或许你的滚筒式烘干机能先靠边站站
so maybe your tumble dryer could wait?
彼得·凯瑞尔是一位天才
Peter Kierl is a genius,
但他似乎脑细胞全用在了这一方面
... but he is utterly exhausting.
我不知道这家伙为啥不能好好说话
I don't know why the man can't just talk normally.
谢谢你今天能为我出头
Thank you for sticking up for me today.
事实就是如此
It was the truth.
和你一起工作 真是棒极了
It's nice ... working together
琼
Joan.
不必担心 我发誓我不会说出去的
Don't worry. I promise I won't tell anyone!
不 我不是这个意思
No, that isn't it.
我深爱着你
I love you.
-不 别傻了 -我从
- No, don't be silly... - I've loved you from the moment ...
我说你长得一般时就开始爱上你了
From the moment I said you were not a pretty face
但我的妻子
But my wife ...
她不会和我离婚
She'll never divorce me...
所以我才不想和你只是外遇而已
That's why I don't want to have just an affair with you
不想要这个样子 你懂吗
Not like this, do you see?
我爱你
I love you,
但你值得好的
you deserve more than that,
或许有一天
Maybe ... one day...
还有一件事 我的同事们会带你环游
One last thing my colleagues would like to show you around the
蒙特利尔大学一圈
University of Montreal.
位于加拿大南部
参观大学 不必了
the University? No!
我是说我们没有时间
I mean we don't have time...
我会要求他们给你放个小假
I have asked them to put together a tour for you!
大学和我们间有些摩擦
There has been tension between the university and us.
你知道 像是提供资金
You know, funding.
请你务必见见那儿的院长
You must, please meet the dean.
就是这样 谢谢你 再见
So it is, thank you, Goodbye.
-你好 -很高兴见到你
- Hello! - Good to meet you!
-麦克斯·戴维 -请往这边走
- Max Davis. - Please, this way.
蒙特利尔大学
皮埃尔·奎克乐馆
-我是史密斯教授 -我是麦克斯·戴维
-Professor Smith. - Max Davis.
琼琼
JoJo!
你在这做什么
What are you doing in here?
我朋友告诉我你正在参观大学
I was told by friends, that you were visiting the university.