不是我们 只是你
Not us, you!
我们不再站在战争的同一边了
We are not on the same side anymore
亲爱的里奥
琼琼
JoJo!
里奥
Leo!
我真是太想你了
I missed you so much!
你想我了吗
Did you miss me?
想啊 但比不上想吃老鹰店的烤牛肉
Yes, but not as much as the roast beef at the Eagle.
-你个讨厌鬼 -怎么
- You Rotter! - What?
-你是怎么回国的 -我告诉他们
- How did you get back in? - I told them,
我得完成我的学术研究
I... had to finish my studies
但我在这儿的时间可能有限
But I might be on borrowed time
国际共♥产♥主义组织
Communist International.
共♥产♥国际 这是该组织的名称
Comintern, that was the name of the group
我从来都不是其中的一员
I was never a member
组织的一员吗
Of the group?
-任何组织都不是 -为什么不加入呢
- Of anything! - Why not?
我并不认同他们的主张
I didn't agree with what they said
你们什么时候才能意识到
When are you going to realize,
你们完全是在浪费时间
you are wasting your time?
因为这不是在浪费时间
Because we're not,
对吗 斯坦利太太
are we, Mrs. Stanley?
里奥·加里奇 根据紧急权力法
Leo Galich, you are being interned as an enemy alien
你将作为敌方外侨俘虏被扣押
under the Emergency Powers Act
-现在跟我们走吧 -他是我们这边的
- Come now - He's on our side!
-我能带什么东西吗 -一件行李箱
- Can I take anything? - One case
你什么都不懂 那些纳粹还试图杀害他
Don't you know anything? The Nazis tried to kill him
我一直对此有所准备
I have been expecting this
不要在这个时候发脾气
Do not make a scene.
这位年轻姑娘 他可是个德国人
Young lady, he's a German
琼 琼 琼
Joan! Joan! Joan!
能让我们单独待一会儿吗
Can we have a moment?
我们就在外面等着
We'll be outside
你应该为自己感到羞耻
You should be ashamed of yourselves
琼 拜托 过来
Joan, Come on! Come!
拜托了 不要感到太难过
Please, do not take this so hard
我无法承受
I can't bear it
这可不是我认识的那个琼啊
This is not the Joan I know
当这场战争完全结束的时候 我们
When this is all over, we...
我们会在一起的
... we will be together.
1940年 索妮娅去了瑞士
In 1940, Sonya went to Switzerland ...
而里奥曾被短暂地囚禁在曼恩岛上
... and Leo was interned briefly on the Isle of Man.
那时我就跟他失去了联♥系♥
I lost touch with him then
不 你们仍然还在正常通信
No, you corresponded regularly
直到你1941年在剑桥
Right up until you started work
管合金公♥司♥项目是英方在曼哈顿原♥子♥弹♥工程中的子项目
刚进入管合金公♥司♥项目工作之前
at the Tube Alloys project, in Cambridge in '41
是里奥·加里奇给你搞到的那份工作吗
So, did Leo Galich get you that job?
请交出提包检查 小姐
Bag please, Miss
琼·史密斯
Joan Smith!
相当准时啊 我是麦克斯
Very Punctual! I'm Max.
好了 跟我来吧
Alright, follow me
有人向我强烈推荐你
You come highly recommended
获得了自然科学的一级证书
First Class Certificate in the natural sciences
教授 我是专攻理论物理的
Specializing in theoretical physics, Professor
我们会在这儿跟美♥国♥佬♥一块工作
We are going to be working with the Yanks here,
所以叫我麦克斯就行了
so just Max.
-你知道我们在这做什么工作吗 -不
- Do you have any idea what we do here? - No
我只是收到一封信告诉我来这面试
I just had a letter telling me, to report here for an interview
对 我们只通过个人推荐招募
Yes! We recruit by personal recommendation only
这边走
This way
我在招一位私人助理
So I'm looking for a personal assistant.
打字 归档之类的事情
Typing, filing, that sort of thing.
但至关重要的是要一个懂科学的人
But crucially, someone who understands the science
这点很重要
Now, that's important
因为你可能对这里的一切都要游刃有余
because you could be a party to everything that goes on here.
那么 在我们进一步沟通之前
So, before we go any further,
我需要你签署这份协议
I'm going to need you to sign one of these.
这是一项承诺书
It's an undertaking,
旨在令你对工作保持绝密
that binds you to absolute secrecy.
你有笔吗
Do you have a pen?
我们的项目名 管合金公♥司♥
So, our name: Tube Alloys
知道那是什么意思吗
Any idea what that means?
我猜测这是在为石油钻机或天然气管道
I would assume you are developing non-corrosive metals
开♥发♥非腐蚀性金属吗
for oil drills or gas pipes?
但我不知道这和秘密的战争工作有何关系
But I don't know how it fits in with secret war work
管合金公♥司♥只是一个代号♥
Tube Alloys is a code name
甚至一些内阁成员也不知道我们在做什么
Even some members of the Cabinet don't know what we do.
我可以知道你们做什么吗
Am I allowed to know what you do?
我们的目标是击破机器
Our aim is to break the machine...
-触碰物质之灵 -那是什么意思
- ...touch the ghost of matter. - And that means?
等你试用期过后再说
After your probation.
临界质量要比任何人认为的都要低
The critical mass is less than anyone thought.
那不可能 铀235的原子半径为
That can't be right. 235 with a radius ...
我相信只要我们能拿到铀235的数据
I'm sure we'll get better a better answer,
我们就能得出更好的答案
as soon as we have the data on 235
但是想要拿到足量的铀235相当困难
But getting enough of the damn stuff is tough.
要不试试离心机
Centrifuge?
很抱歉 我研究了气体
I'm so sorry, I studied gasses.
再说一遍
Say that again.
-我研究了气体 -不是 上一句
- I studied gases - No, the other bit?
我相信你们已经考虑过这种了 不过
Well, I'm sure you've already thought of this, but ...
离心力可以
...a centrifugal force could
将两种同位素的气态混合物分离
separate a gaseous mixture of the two isotopes
不错的想法 这理论有点意思
That's good. It's an interesting theory.
去跟斯宾塞讨论下这个理论吧
Go and have a chat with Spencer about it.
这正是我为什么要招一个
This is exactly why I wanted
一级自然科学的毕业生当助理
a first class science graduate as an assistant ...
而不是招个花瓶
...and not a pretty face.
我的意思是 当然
I mean, of course...
当然不是说 你不漂亮
You're not... NOT a pretty face.
-我们能重来一遍吗 -请便吧
- Can we start again? - Please do
假设有这种可能 可以分离两种同位素
Imagine if it were possible, to separate the two isotopes.
然后也达到了临界质量
And you had a critical mass.
分离提纯后的铀235
Pure uranium 235 in isolation.
此时一个铀原子分♥裂♥
One atom split.
那就会产生更多的中子
That would produce more neutrons.
然后更多的铀核就会碰撞分♥裂♥
Then more Uranium nuclei would split
结果将得到一个自给的链式反应
The result will be a self-sustaining chain reaction
-一个炸♥弹♥吗 -一个超级炸♥弹♥
- A bomb? - A super bomb
如果我们有机会赢得这场该死的战争
If we have a chance in hell of winning this damned war,
我们必须要赶在那些德国人前面
We have to beat the Germans to it
现在 我要你读一下这些摘要
Now, I want you to read these summaries
看你能不能画一个基本的图示让外行理解
See if you can create a basic diagram for the laymen to understand
我们时间不多
We don't have much time.
有一个重要的代表团要抵达这里
We have an important delegation arriving.
不光有科学家
not just scientists
副首相艾特里和詹姆斯·查德威克爵士
Deputy Prime Minister Atly, as well as Sir James Chadwick,
-詹姆斯·查德威克吗 -没错
- James Chadwick? - That's right!
发现中子的诺贝尔奖得主吗
Nobel prize winner for the discovery of the neutron?
希望你擅长画画哦
I hope you are good at drawing!
听着 如果你想要画下一个阶段的图示
Listen, if you want to make pictures of the next phase,
就得这样才行
that would be good
琼
Joan!
威廉 你好
William! Hello!
你真是从外♥交♥部♥大老远跑过来
You are a long way from the Foreign Office!
在我的老导师寿终正寝前我跑来看他
I came to see my old tutor before he pops his clocks
你有其他人的消息吗
Have you heard from anyone?
里奥会给我写信
Leo writes
索妮娅知道我的新地址 但没什么消息
Sonya has my new address, but no word
好一只踽踽独行的猫咪
The cat that walks alone...