我应该 就像 在豪♥宅♥的泳池边闲逛
I should be like, lounging by a pool in a mansion,
穿着貂皮大衣 就像 戴着18K钻石耳环
wearing a mink coat and, like 18-karat diamond earrings.
她是对的 当有宝石可诈骗时 我们是在浪费我们的时间
She's right. We're wasting our time, when there are rocks to be grifted.
你对钻石了解多少 我们是在当铺认识的 爱因斯坦
What do you know about diamonds? We met in a pawnshop Einstein.
你能分辨出钻石的真伪吗
You can tell a real diamond from a fake?
是的
Yeah.
我见过切得比这更好的酒杯
I've seen shot glasses cut better than that.
我真不敢相信你 贝尼托
I cannot believe you Benito.
你要给我买♥♥一颗真正的钻石 而你要帮他
You're gonna get me a real diamond, and you're gonna help him.
钻石 鲁比 这有点超出我的能力范围了
Diamonds? Ruby it's a little out of my league.
你的强项 但不是他的
Your league but not his.
就停在那里 哪里
Park right there. Where?
‘最终 这些金丝雀的大脑得到了正确的想法’
'Finally these canary brains got the right idea.'
‘经过几次夜间探测飞行 我找到了一个完美的目标’
'A couple of night flybys and I found the perfect target.'
‘我们去了鲁比最喜欢的餐厅买♥♥了个墨西哥卷饼’
'We stopped by Ruby's favorite restaurant for a burrito'
‘在这场抢劫之前’
'before the big heist.'
你能快点吗
Would you hurry up?
‘这是个坏主意’ 快点儿 靠边停下来
'That was a bad idea.' Hurry up. Pull over.
抱歉
Sorry.
宝莉 能让我们单独待会儿吗 拜托
Paulie would you excuse us for a minute please?
好的 来吧 好的 来吧
OK. There you are. All right come on.
我一会儿再跟你说 伙计
I'll talk to you in a second pal.
你觉得这是个好主意吗 烟囱
Do you think that's a good idea? A chimney?
这对鹦鹉来说并不是很友好 他可能会扭伤脚踝
It's not exactly parrot-friendly. He could twist an ankle.
你有什么问题 贝尼托 它是一只怪诞的鸟 仅仅告诉它吧
What is your problem Benito? He's a freakin' bird! Just tell him.
现在 现在
Now? Now!
好的
All right.
那鲁比的高维护性 是的
That Ruby's high maintenance. Yeah.
嘿 但过了今晚 我们就有足够的钱找到你的玛丽了
Hey but after tonight we'll have enough money to find your Marie.
来吧 谁是洛杉矶最酷的鸟
Come on, who's the coolest bird in L. A?
别唬我了 宝莉是我的主力 对吗
Get out of town. Paulie's my main man. Right?
老兄
Dude.
去吧 宝莉 帮我们把珠宝拿来
Go on Paulie. Get the jewelry for us.
去吧 伙计 去吧
Go ahead buddy. Go ahead.
圣诞老人来了
Here comes Santa!
‘最重要的事情’
'The most important thing'
‘就是不能留下任何与犯罪现场有关的资讯’
'is to leave nothing that links you to the scene of the crime.'
‘专注就是一切’
'Concentration is everything.'
‘首先 你必须确定你的目标’
'First you have to identify your target.'
‘这是一个装满了俗气的古装首饰的盒子 除了一个吊坠’
'It was a box full of cheesy costume jewelry except for one pendant.'
‘我想20世纪20年代的14K黄金应该值950美元’
'I figured 1920s 14-karat gold's gotta be worth 950.'
它怎么花了这么长时间 我不知道
What's taking him so long? I don't know.
赶快 赶快
Come on. Come on.
来
Come...
也许我该去 你知道吗 看看它是不是还好 你知道吗
Maybe I should go you know? See if he's OK you know?
我去看看它是不是还好 本尼
I'm gonna go see if he's OK. Benny!
站在那里别动 转过身去
Hold it right there. Turn around.
举起来 放下
Put 'em up! Drop it!
你拿奶奶的项链做什么
What are you doing with Grandma's necklace?
呃 我要拿着它
Uh...I'm taking it.
宝莉 宝莉
Paulie. Paulie.
噢
Oh!
爷爷
Grandpa!
怎么一回事 打开窗户
What is going on? Open the window!
别离开我 我被困在这里了 班尼 这孩子有武器
Don't leave me! I'm stuck in here! Benny the kid's got a weapon!
本尼 本尼 本尼 你要去哪里
Benny! Benny! Benny where ya goin'?
本尼 本尼
Benny! Benny!
‘本尼教会了我很多东西’
'Benny taught me a lot of things,'
‘但有一件事他从未提过’
'but there was one thing he never mentioned.'
‘我们的所作所为是错误的 而你总是为此付出代价’
'What we were doing was wrong, and you always pay.'
我说了我很抱歉 伙计 它在这
I said I was sorry pal. Here he is.
拜托 你能让我从盒子里出来吗
Come on would you let me out of the box?
它在路上大谈特谈一场风暴 我很确定
He talked up a storm on the way. I'm sure.
看看这个小家伙 天啊
Take a look at this little fellow. Jeez.
噢
Oh.
小小的鹦鹉
Little conure.
它有名字吗
Does he have a name?
是的 宝莉
Yeah Paulie.
所以 它从你的烟囱里飞下来 噢 它是这么跟我说的
So he flew down your chimney. Well that's what he told me.
啊
Ah.
噢 很多鹦鹉都有相当广泛的辞汇量
Well many parrots have quite extensive vocabularies,
但认知语言和鹦鹉学舌般地重复是有区别的
but there's a difference between cognizant speech and parroting.
“飞行员供应中心”
"Aviator Supply Center."
它一直在说玛丽·奥尔威瑟
He keeps talking about a Marie Alweather.
嘿 我想她可能是它的主人
Hey. I think she might be his owner.
噢 这也不是什么稀罕事
Well that's not unusual either.
很多人训练他们的鸟重复名字
Lots of people train their birds to repeat names...
以及地址 以防他们迷路
and addresses in case they get lost.
我相信情况就是这样 你有电♥话♥簿吗
I'm sure that's the case. Do you have a phone book?
再说一次 好吗 拜托
Pardon? Please?
他很有礼貌
He's very polite.
我相信这只是一种训练有素的反应
I'm sure that's just a trained response.
但我告诉你我想让他在这里待几天
But I tell you what I'd like to keep him here a few days...
而或许 呃 做些测试
and maybe uh run some tests.
把他锻链一下 他看起来有点营养不良
Build him up a bit. He looks a little undernourished.
不过 呃 别担心
But uh don't worry.
你把他带到这里是正确的 杰拉尔德
You did the right thing bringing him here Gerald.
我们会好好照顾他的 好的
We'll take good care of him. OK.
我想让你明白我们在这里做的是什么
I want you to understand what it is we do here.
大多数情况下我们只是听着而且我们观察
Mostly we just listen and we watch.
你看 动物和人类之间存在着这种隔阂
You see there's this gap between animals and humans.
而这一隔阂被称之为语言
And the gap is called speech.
现在 如果这一隔阂能够跨越 我们就可以真正理解对方
Now if that gap could be bridged, we could truly understand each other.
你不考虑帮助我们吗
Won't you consider helping us?
告诉你吧 我今晚就会将你搬离开这里
Tell you what. I'm gonna have you moved out of here tonight.
而且我向你保证
And I promise you,
我们完事后我会带你去见玛丽
I will take you to see Marie when we're done.
也许我才是那个应该被关起来的人
Maybe I'm the one who should be locked up.
你保证
You promise?
我保证
I promise.
我们将要问你几个问题
We're going to ask you some questions.
我们希望你能辨认出这张照片
We'd like for you to identify the picture.
这是什么 鸭子
What is this? Duck.
这是什么 风筝 雨伞
What is this? Kite. Umbrella.
我看不出这如何跨越了隔阂
I don't see how this is bridging the gap.
我知道这很令人沮丧 但我们必须遵守协议
I know this is frustrating, but we have to follow protocol
来证明你有能力认知语言
to prove that you're capable of cognizant speech.
每个人都能看到我会说话
Everyone can see that I can talk.
这是什么 现在
What is this? Now what is that word again...
用肉 家禽 鱼或蔬菜
for a dish composed of meat, fowl fish or vegetables,
覆盖一层糊状物并烘烤而成的菜肴叫什么来着
covered in a layer of paste and baked?
哦 是的 这是一个派 然后再一次
Oh yeah. It's a pie. Then again,
派可以是喜鹊 可以是规则的集♥合♥ 也可以是铜币
a pie can be a magpie, a collection of rules a copper coin
或者你所说的漂亮女士
or what you call a fine lookin' lady.
而如果你不相信我 查查吧 金发美女
And if you don't believe me, look it up blondie.
但派也可以指整个 比如在我们渴望分一杯羹的馅饼中
but Pie can also mean a whole as in the pie of which we crave a piece,
就像整个恩奇拉达 大意大利腊肠 大奖
like the whole enchilada, the big salami the grand prize.
你希望它会让你变得富有的会说话的鸟 那种派
The talking bird which you hope will make you rich. That kind of pie.
我 我就是这里的派 如果你不介意
Me! I'm the pie here. And if you don't mind...
把你的手指从我身上拿开一会儿
taking your fingers out of me for a moment,
我想去吃午饭 你这个实验用鼠
I'd like to get some lunch, you lab rat!
我要怎么打分呢
How do I score that?
你那么说的
You said that?
我告诉过你 说话只会让你惹上麻烦
I told you, talking just gets you into trouble.
不 不是那样的
No. It's not that.
是你说话的方式 你得小心点
It's how you say things. You have to be careful.
女人说 “你喜欢我的帽子吗 ”
Woman say "You like my hat?"
你说 “不 让你看起来像落地灯”
You say, "No make you look like floor lamp."
你的鼻子被打了一拳
You get punch in nose.
我得到比那更糟的
I got worse than that.
电影精选列表