On the other hand, if your men had been a little more daring,
they might have taken it.
谁知道呢?说不定的
Who knows? In any case,
为什么非承担额外的批评不可呢?
why should we have to bear any more criticism in the failure than we have to?
除了许多你的下属 未曾离开战壕的事实外
Aside from the inescapable fact
that a good many of your men never left the trenches,
别忘了还有部队的士气
there's the question of the troops' morale, don't forget that.
- 部队的士气? - 当然
- The troops' morale? - Certainly.
枪决一事会令整个师精神为之一振
These executions will be a perfect tonic for the entire division.
没有几件事比看他人死亡更具有…
There are few things more fundamentally encouraging and stimulating
根本的鼓舞和激励作用
than seeing someone else die.
- 我从没想过,长官 - 上校,部队就跟小孩子一样
I never thought of that, sir.
Well, you see, colonel, troops are like children.
就像小孩希望父亲严厉一样 部队渴望纪律严明
Just as a child wants his father to be firm, troops crave discipline.
I see.
维持纪律的方法莫过于 偶而枪毙一、两个人
One way to maintain discipline is to shoot a man now and then.
敢问…
May I ask
你刚刚说的话,你真心相信吗?
do you sincerely believe all the things you've just said?
跟你讨论此事很愉快,上校
It's been a pleasure discussing this with you, colonel,
但我应该回去陪客人了
but I'm afraid that I'd better be getting back to my guests.
抱歉害你离开舞会这么久
Forgive me for having kept you from your party.
顺便告诉你,长官 你有听过米罗将军…
Oh, by the way, sir, have you heard that general mireau
下令炮兵指挥官卢梭上尉…
ordered his own battery commander, captain Rousseau,
在攻击行动时炮轰自己的阵地吗?
to open fire on his own positions during the attack?
当然,没有书面命令 上尉拒绝了
Of course, the captain refused without a written order.
但米罗将军 命令他对自己的战壕开火
But general mireau demanded that he commence firing on our own trenches.
没有书面命令,卢梭再度拒绝
Well, again, Rousseau refused without an order in writing,
他再次下令,他又再次拒绝
but again he was ordered and again he refused,
事发当时有许多证人
all in front of witnesses.
你真的相信这种奇幻故事?
Do you actually believe this fantastic story?
这里有一份相关人物的誓词
Here are copies of the sworn statements from all the principals involved.
炮兵连指挥官卢梭上尉 尼可上尉、炮兵观测员
Battery commander Rousseau, captain Nichols, the artillery spotter,
通信兵以及我的证词
the telephone clerk and my own deposition.
这跟那三名罪犯的指控有何关连?
What has all this got to do with the charge against the condemned prisoners?
一个因为手下没有完成不可能的任务 而暴怒的将军…
A general in a tantrum over the failure of an impossible attack
下令炮兵部队对自己手下开火
orders his artillery to fire on his own men.
这位将军在同一天下令召开军事法庭
The same officer on the same day orders a court martial,
三位战士因此被宣判死刑
in which three of his men are sentenced to be shot.
将军,你的报纸和政客 会怎么处理这件事?
General, what would your newspapers and your politicians do with that?
- 你想勒索我? - 长官,这个字眼很龌龊
Colonel Dax, are you trying to blackmail me?
Sir, that's an ugly word,
但你的处境会很难堪
but you are in a difficult position.
发生太多事了,必定有人受伤 问题是谁受伤
Too much has happened. Someone's got to be hurt. The only question is whom.
米罗将军的安特山丘攻击行动失败
General mireau's assault on the ant hill failed.
他下令对自己部队开火被拒
His order to fire on his own troops was refused.
但他谋杀三名无辜士兵
But his attempt to murder three innocent men
保住自己名声的意图 必须被参谋总部阻止
to protect his own reputation will be prevented by the general staff.
德克斯上校,失陪了 缺席太久对客人不礼貌
Will you pardon me, colonel Dax? I've been rude to my guests too long.
部队,立定!
Detail, halt!
枪放下!
Order, arms!
前进
Fall out.
鼓起勇气,孩子,最坏的过去了
Courage, my sons. The worst is over.
早安,巴黎
Good morning, Paris.
早安,中士,今天好吗?
Good morning, sergeant. How are you today?
还不错,你好吗?
Not too bad. How are you?
你错过了昨晚的好戏
You missed some good chow in here last night.
怎么回事?
What did you have?
有酒给我们吗?
Have you got a drink for us?
喝一口吧
Take a swig of this.
我刚刚想起一件趣事
It just occurred to me. Funny thing. I...
军事法庭后,我不曾有过性♥欲♥
I haven't had one sexual thought since the court martial.
很反常,不是吗?
It's pretty extraordinary, isn't it?
打起精神,像个男人
Pull yourself together. Act like a man.
- 巴黎,你有在听吗? - 有
- Listen, Paris. Are you listening to me? - Yes.
很多权贵人士和记者都会来
There will be a lot of dignitaries, newspapermen out there.
你希望别人怎么记得你?
You've got a wife and family. How do you want to be remembered?
- 我不想死 - 战争结束以前…
- I don't want to die. - Many of us will be joining you
很多人会去陪你
before this war's over.
我不管,我不想死
I don't care. I don't want to die.
- 拜托救我,中士 - 我救不了你,现在谁都没办法了
- Please save me, sergeant. - I can't save you. No one can now.
这是你活在世上的最后一项决定
This is the last decision you'll have a chance to make on earth.
你可以表现得像个男子汉 或者被我们拖出去
You can pull yourself together, act like a man,
or we'll have to drag you out of here.
结果都一样,你自己决定
In the end, it will all be the same. It's up to you.
你和法洛脱掉大衣 踌躇不前也不是办法
Let's get busy. You and ferol take your coats off. No use hanging around here.
透过祢的慈悲,我们忏悔
With the help of thy grace to do penance
匡正我的生命
to amend my life.
我为什么而死,神父?
What do I have to die for, father?
我为什么而死?我没做错…
What do I have to die for? I didn't do anything wr...
不可以质疑上帝的旨意,孩子
We do not question the will of god, my son.
但我战了又战,在战场上卖♥♥命
But I fought. I fought. I fought on the battlefield.
我为什么而死? 他们为什么不用被判死刑?
Why don't they die? Why don't they put them to death?
你面对敌人展现过勇气,孩子
You showed courage in the face of the enemy, my son.
展现给你自己的部队看
Show it now before your own troops.
可是我怕,我好怕
But I'm scared. I'm scared.
神父,我很害怕
Oh, father, I'm scared.
要勇敢面对它
Courage. Brace yourself. Man, brace yourself.
祂说“今天 你将在天堂与我见面”
He said, "this day, thou shalt be with me in paradise."
- 真的吗,神父 - 是的,孩子
- Really, father? - Yes, my son.
我再也见不到我太太了,神父
I'll never see my wife again, father.
再也见不到任何人了,神父
I'll never see nobody again, father.
勇敢地面对它
Courage, man. Brace yourself.
- 我忍♥不住 - 振作一点
- I can't help it. - Brace yourself, man.
- 我忍♥不住,神父 - 上帝,全能的上帝
- I can't help it, father. - Oh, god, almighty god.
- 基♥督♥,给我力量,上帝! - 赐给这个人力量
- Oh, Christ, Christ. Strengthen me, god! - Grant courage to this man
他即将死亡
who is about to die.
我为什么而死,神父?
What do I have to die for, father?
我为什么而死?
What do I have to die for?
向后转!
Forward, face!
绑起来!
Secure the men!
部队,立正!
Detail, attention!
齐步向前走!
Forward, march!
部队…
Detail,
立定!
halt!
向左转!
Left, face!
我忏悔
Repent
以法国人♥民♥之名
In the name of the French people,
701团下士菲利浦巴黎
corporal Phillip Paris, private Maurice ferol,
二等兵摩里士法洛 以及二等兵皮耶阿诺
and private Pierre arnaud of the 701st regiment,
因临阵退却之罪
having been found guilty of cowardice in the face of the enemy
依据军事法庭…
are to be executed by rifle fire immediately
法官之判决,即刻枪决
in accordance with the judgment of the military court martial.
向右转!
Right, face!
齐步向前走!
Forward march!
Blessed art thou amongst women...
要不要矇住眼睛?
You want a blindfold?
麻烦你了,中士
Yes, lieutenant. Please.
我不想死
I don't want to die. I don't want to die.
我不想死
你要不要矇住眼睛?
- Did... did you want a blindfold? - No.
对不起
I'm sorry.
噢,神父
Oh, father.
预备!
Ready!
瞄准!
Aim!
发射!
Fire!
我很高兴你来,乔治
I'm awfully glad you could be there, George.
这种事令人生畏
This sort of thing is always rather grim.
但这次很壮观,你认为呢?
But this one had a kind of splendor to it, don't you think?
我从没看过这种事处理得这么好
I have never seen an affair of this sort handled any better.
那几个人死得很棒 总是有机会…
The men died wonderfully. There's always that chance
碰到某个人行为举止 让人觉得品味很差
that one of them will do something that will leave everyone with a bad taste.
这次真是再好也不过
This time, you couldn't ask for better.
哪位?
Yes?
- 上校? - 你找我,长官?
- Yes, colonel? - You wanted to see me, sir.
是的,进来,上校 过来一起坐
电影精选列表