法国,1916年
1914年8月3日
War began between Germany and France
德、法爆发战争
on August 3, 1914.
德军势如破竹,5周后…
Five weeks later, the German army had smashed its way
距离巴黎仅剩18哩
to within 18 miles of Paris.
然而,溃不成军的法军奇迹似的 在马内河重新编整
There the battered French miraculously rallied their forces at the marne river,
在一连串出乎意料的反击后 竟然逼使德军后退
and in a series of unexpected counterattacks, drove the Germans back.
前线稳定下来了,不久以后…
The front was stabilized and shortly afterwards
构筑了一道从英吉利海峡…
developed into a continuous line of heavily fortified trenches
到瑞士前线…
zigzagging their way 500 miles
蜿蜒500哩的坚固战壕
from the English channel to the Swiss frontier.
到1916年时 打了两年艰苦的壕沟战后
By 1916, after two grisly years of trench warfare,
这道战线依旧变化不大
the battle lines had changed very little.
德军屡屡成功地 在数百码阵线发动攻击
Successful attacks were measured in hundreds of yards
造成法军成千上万的死伤
and paid for in lives by hundreds of thousands.
布罗拉将军,你好
General broulard, sir.
- 乔治,你好吗? - 保罗
- Hello, George. How are you? - Paul
再见到你真是高兴
wonderful seeing you again. Really wonderful.
是啊,真是太棒了
Well, this is splendid.
好极了!好得不得了
Superb! Grand, very grand.
我已经努力创造一个愉快的工作气氛
Well, I've tried to create a pleasant atmosphere in which to work.
做得十分成功 希望我也有你对地毯和绘画的品味
You've succeeded marvelously. I wish I had your taste in carpets and pictures.
你设想太周到了,乔治,坐嘛
You're much too kind, George, much too kind. Sit down, George.
- 谢谢 - 我做的很有限
- Thank you. - I really haven't done very much.
这地方跟我搬进来时几乎一样
The place is much the same as it was when I moved in.
保罗,我这次来有大事跟你商量
Paul, I've come to see you about something big.
这是最高机密,不可以传出去 除了你的参谋长之外
It's top secret and must go no further than your chief of staff
若他不够谨慎,连他也不要告知
and not to him unless you can trust his discretion.
当然
Of course.
大批部队即将在这个前线集结 并准备展开攻击
A group of armies is forming on this front for an offensive very soon.
司令部决定实施彻底的突破
Headquarters is determined to make a complete breakthrough.
- 你为什么发笑? - 非常抱歉
- Why are you smiling? - I'm really sorry.
刚刚灵光一闪觉得我知道 你要说什么,请继续
I thought for a moment I knew what you were going to say. Please go on.
你认为我要说什么?
I never knew you were a mind reader. What did you think I was about to say?
- 有关安特山丘之事 - 你会读心术
- Something about the ant hi". - You are a mind reader.
因为那是战略要地
Well, it is a key position.
刚好在我的防区 老实说,我听到了一些传闻
It's in my sector. To be perfectly honest, I've heard some talk.
- 司令部根本没有机密 - 你认为呢?
You know, there's nothing really secret around headquarters.
它是本防区全德军的要塞
Well, what do you think?
It's the key to the whole German position in this sector.
他们已经占领一年了
They've held onto it for a year now
看起来只要他们愿意 还可以再占据一年
and it looks as though they'll hold onto it for another year if they want to.
我已经接到正式命令 10日以前必须夺下安特山丘
Paul, I have formal orders to take the ant hill no later than the tenth.
- 那就是后天了 - 你不觉得荒谬吗?
That's the day after tomorrow.
That comes pretty close to being ridiculous, don't you think?
如果那样想,今天我就不会在这里了
I don't imagine I'd be here if I really thought that.
保罗,如果部队里有一个人 可以帮我达成这项任务,那就是你
Paul, if there's one man in this army who can do this for me, it's you.
这绝对是不可能的事
It's out of the question, George. Absolutely out of the question.
我的师被分割得支离破碎
My division was cut to pieces.
连守住安特山丘都已成问题 更别说攻下它
What's left of it is in no position to even hold the ant hill, let alone take it.
对不起,但这是事实
I'm sorry, but that's the truth.
我还有一件事要跟你说
Well, Paul, there was something else I wanted to tell you,
但我想你可能会误解 我提这件事的动机
however I'm sure you'll misunderstand my motives in mentioning it.
- 什么事? - 你一定会误会的
- What was it? - 0h, you'd be bound to misunderstand.
可是基于朋友的立场 我还是应该跟你说
However, as your friend, maybe I should tell you.
- 你到底想说什么? - 保罗,司令部有传言
- What are you trying to say, George? - Paul, the talk around headquarters
他们考虑要你接掌12军团
is that you are being considered for the 12th corps.
- 12军团? - 并因此再升一颗星
- The 12th corps? - Yes, and with that, another star.
我已经全力促成
Now I've pushed it all I can.
12军团需要一位善战的将军 而且你也早该再加一颗星了
The 12th corps needs a fighting general, and you're overdue on that star.
我们都知道你够资格…
We both know that your record is good enough
以你曾提出的理由,拒绝这项指派
for you to refuse this assignment on the grounds you've stated.
没有人会质疑你的意见 他们很容易找到其他人做这件事
No one would question your opinion.
They'd simply get someone else to do the job.
所以你不应该让这件事影响你的意见
So you shouldn't let this influence your opinion, Paul.
- 抱歉,要喝酒吗? - 不,晚餐前不喝
- 0h, I'm sorry. Have a cognac? - No, thanks, Paul. Not before dinner.
我要为8千条人命负责
George, I am responsible for the lives of 8,000 men.
我基于什么样的野心 来反对这项成命?
What is my ambition against that?
我又会因为想维护美誉 而违抗命令吗?
What is my reputation in comparison to that?
我的属下是最重要的,乔治
My men come first of all, George.
- 那些人也了解这点 - 我知道
- And those men know it too. - I know that they do.
那些人知道我不会让他们失望
You see, George, those men know that I would never let them down.
那是当然的
That goes without saying.
对我来说,一名士兵的生命 比全法国的勋章还重要
The life of one of those soldiers means more to me
than all the stars and decorations and honors in France.
所以你认为这项攻击行动…
So, you think
绝对超出你现在部队的能力?
this attack is absolutely beyond the ability of your men at this time?
我没那样说,乔治
I didn't say that, George.
一旦激起他们的士气 没有任何事是超出他们能力的
Nothing is beyond those men once their fighting spirit is aroused.
如果你认为我的建议不好 我并不强迫你
Paul, I don't want to push you into it if you think it's ill-advised.
别担心,你强迫不了我
Don't worry, George. You couldn't do that if you tried.
当然,炮兵部队是非常不同的
Of course, artillery would make an enormous difference.
- 在炮兵方面你能给我什么支援? - 我再看看吧
- What artillery support can you give me? - Well, I'll see.
- 补给方面呢? - 我们会看着办
- What about replacements? - We'll see what we can do,
但我有信心,你目前的已经足够了
but I feel sure that you can get along with what you have.
很可能没问题
We mightjust do it.
保罗,我知道来找你是对的
Paul, I knew that I was right to come to you.
夺下安特山丘非你不可 至于那颗星星…
You are the man to take the ant hill. Now as far as that star is concerned...
那跟我的决定无关!
That had nothing to do with my decision!
如果说有关,它只会让我打退堂鼓
If anything, it would sway me the other way.
我完全了解
I realize that perfectly, Paul.
什么时候开始进行?
Now, when do you say you would see this coming off?
- 最迟不能超过后天 - 或许办得到吧!
- No later than the day after tomorrow. - We just might do it!
阿兵哥,准备多杀几个德军吗?
Hello there, soldier. Ready to kill more Germans?
- 是的,长官 - 你叫什么名字?
- Yes, sir. - What's your name, soldier?
- 二兵菲洛,A连,长官 - 你结婚了,二兵?
- Sir, private ferol, company a. - Aha. You married, private?
- 还没,长官 - 你妈妈一定以你为荣
- No, sir. - I'll bet your mother's proud of you.
- 是的,长官 - 加油,二兵,祝你好运
- Yes, sir. - Carry on, private, and good luck to you.
谢谢长官
Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.
- 早,将军 - 早安
- Morning, general. - Good morning.
- 你好,士兵 - 长官
- Hello there, soldier. - Sir.
- 准备多杀几个德军吗? - 是的,长官
- Ready to kill more Germans? - Yes, sir.
你在擦枪,很好
Ah. Working over your rifle, I see.
就是那样,士兵的最佳朋友
That's the way. The soldier's best friend.
你对它好,它就对你好
You be good to it, and it'll always be good to you.
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
祝你好运,士兵
Well, good luck to you, soldier.
- 加油 - 谢谢长官
- Carry on. - Thank you, sir.
你好,士兵
Hello there, soldier.
准备多杀几个德军吗?
Ready to kill more Germans?
你没问题吧,士兵?
Is everything all right, soldier?
没问题?是的,长官,没问题
All right. Yes, sir. I'm all right.
很好
Good fella.
- 结婚了吗,士兵? - 结婚?我,结婚了吗?
- Are you married, soldier? - Married? Me, married?
- 对,你有太太吗? - 太太?我有太太吗?
- Yes. Have you got a wife? - A wife? Have I got a wife?
长官,他被炮火吓呆了
Sir. He's a bit shell shocked.
什么,中士,没有被吓呆这回事
I beg your pardon, sergeant. There is no such thing as shell shock.
你有太太吗,士兵?
Have you got a wife, soldier?
我太太?是的,我有太太
My wife? My wife. Yes, I have a wife.
我再也看不到她了
I'm never gonna see her again.
振作一点!不要像个懦夫!
- I'm gonna be killed... - Get a grip on yourself!
- 我是懦夫,长官 - 振作起来!
You're acting like a coward!
- I am a coward, sir. - Snap out of it, soldier!
中士,立刻把这天兵调走!
Sergeant, I want you to arrange for
the immediate transfer of this baby out of my regiment!
不能让勇敢的人受他感染
I won't have other brave men contaminated by him.
- 是的,长官 - 加油,中士
- Yes, sir. - Carry on, sergeant.
没错,长官,这种事一不注意 就会有传染性
You were right, sir. This sort of thing can spread if it isn't checked.
将军,我相信你这回巡视
You know, general, I'm convinced that these tours of yours
大大的提振了士气
have an incalculable effect upon the morale of these men.
我认为701团的战斗精神 就是从这里来的
In fact, I think the fighting spirit of the 701st derives from it.
不,少校,是他们与生具来的
No, no, major. That spirit was just born in them.
将军来了,长官
The general is coming, sir.
- 每次见到你我都很高兴,上校 - 我的光荣,将军
电影精选列表