针对弹♥药♥短缺之事 我通常不召开讯问法庭
Well, in cases like this, shells falling short, I always try to avoid an inquiry.
传出去弟兄们会得到错误印象
It gets around among the men and makes a bad impression.
我认为调职是最好的解决办法
Shelving will be the best discipline for him in my opinion.
- 你可能是对的 - 恕我失陪一下
- Well, perhaps you're right. - Oh, would you excuse me for a moment?
团里的事我得跟上校交代一下
A regimental matter I want to mention to the colonel.
- 我们在餐厅碰面 - 好,待会见
- I'll join you in the dining room. - Splendid. In a moment.
圣西上尉、雷诺瓦上尉和罗杰中尉
There'll be captain sancy, captain renouart and lieutenant roget.
- 是的,长官 - 叫他们半个钟头后来找我
Yes, sir.
Have them meet me at regimental headquarters in half an hour.
- 是的,长官 - 德克斯上校?
- Yes, sir. - Colonel Dax?
- 是的,长官 - 跟你说句话
- Yes, sir. - I'd like a word.
没问题,长官
Certainly, sir.
- 我们理智一点 - 理智,长官?
- Let's be sensible about this. - Sensible, sir?
听我说,德克斯 不要在我面前说漂亮话,懂吗?
Listen to me, Dax. You can cut out this fancy talk with me, understand?
布罗拉将军或许觉得你有趣 但我不觉得
General broulard seemed to think you're funny. I don't.
- 我不要你管这档事 - 抱歉,这是命令吗?
- I want you to drop this affair. - I beg your pardon, sir. Is that an order?
德克斯上校,等这件事结束后 我会要你好看!
Colonel Dax, when this mess is cleaned up, I'll break you!
我会找个借口把你贬成阿兵哥
I'll find an excuse, and I'll break you to the ranks.
我要把你毁了,你自找的
I'll ruin you. It will be just what you deserve,
对直属长官一点忠诚度都没有
showing such little loyalty to your commanding officer.
没别的事了,上校
That's all, colonel.
米罗将军认为 昨天早上攻击安特山丘失败…
General mireau feels that the attack on the ant hill yesterday morning
是因为第一营不够尽力
failed because of an inadequate effort on the part of the first battalion.
你们回连上各选一个人
Each of you is to select one man from your company,
逮捕起来,准备接受今天下午…
place him under arrest
and have him ready to appear before a general court martial
三点之前召开的军事审判
no later than 1500 hours this afternoon.
罪名是临阵退却
The charge is cowardice in the face of the enemy.
这是命令,即刻去办
You have your orders, gentlemen. Let's carry them out.
但罗杰中尉于巡逻时杀了勒容
But lieutenant roget killed lejeune on that patrol
他威胁我不得泄漏出去!
and then blackmailed me into keeping quiet about the whole thing!
- 所以他选了我! - 下士,我了解你的感受
- That's why he picked me! - Corporal, I understand your feelings.
但这跟你面临的审判毫无关系
But that story has nothing to do with the charges you're being tried for.
- 你相信我吗,长官? - 我相信
- Don't you believe me, sir? - Yes, I do.
但其他人谁会相信? 你没有证据
But who else will? You've got no witnesses.
再说,这种指控只会让法庭更烦
Besides, such charges against an officer would only antagonize the court.
这件事结束后 我会调查那天巡逻的事
When we get clear of this, I'm going into the story of that patrol again.
长官,我的状况是 雷诺瓦上尉叫我们抽签
Sir, in my case, captain renouart had the sergeant draw lots.
我不幸中签
I was picked purely by chance.
你运气好,我的状况是
You were lucky. Look at me.
圣西上尉选了我 因为他说我不合群
I was just picked because captain sancy said I was a social undesirable.
我,不合群
Me, a social undesirable, colonel.
我不是懦夫,抽签!公平吗?
I didn't act like a coward. Picking by lots! Is that fair?
各位!
Gentlemen!
你们必须了解 你们被选出来的理由是无意义的
You've all got to understand that the reason you were picked is immaterial.
不管理由为何 这是攸关生死的审判
Whatever the reason, you're on trial for your lives.
坚持说你自己的说法 不要被检察官唬住了
Stick to the stories you've told me,
and don't let the prosecutor shake you out of them.
记住 你们是面对上级军官的士兵
Now remember, you'll be soldiers in the presence of superior officers,
要有该有的样子
so act like what you are.
军人
Soldiers.
而且是勇敢的军人
And brave ones at that.
我到过军事法庭现场 太阳会照在你们脸上
I've been in the room you'll be sitting in.
The afternoon sun will be in your faces,
眼神不要闪躲 一副卑躬屈膝的样子
so don't let it seem as if you're dropping your eyes in a hangdog manner.
回答问题时看着法官的眼睛
When you answer questions, look the judges in the eye.
不要哀求、抗辩、发表演说 那是我的工作
Don't whine, plead or make speeches. That's my job.
简单扼要
Simple statements. Short.
让整个房♥间的人都听到
But make them so they can be heard all over the room.
说话不要重复 结辩时我会帮你们再重复一次
And try not to repeat yourselves. I'll do that for you when I sum up.
时间不多 军事法庭半个小时后召开
We haven't much time. The court martial begins in about an hour
我还得看一下笔记
and I've got notes to look at.
- 祝你们好运 - 谢谢你,上校
Good luck.
Thank you, colonel.
军事法庭开庭,犯人可以坐下
The court martial is opened. Prisoners may be seated.
这是普通军事法庭 不必要的礼仪形式直接省略
This is a general court martial.
We shall therefore dispense with unnecessary formalities.
这些人被控临阵退却
These men are charged with cowardice in the face of the enemy
并因此被起诉
and will be tried for that offense.
检察官先生
Mr. Prosecutor.
传被告法洛二等兵
Call the accused, private ferol.
庭长先生,不先宣读…
Mr. President, will the prosecutor
起诉书 检察官就直接询问被告吗?
question the witnesses without even reading the indictment?
请不要用技术问题拖延时间
Please don't take up the court's time with technicalities.
起诉书很冗长,没必要宣读
The indictment is lengthy and there's no point in reading it.
- 被告有权… - 起诉内容就是…
The defense has a right to know the exact accusations...
被告在进攻安特山丘时…
The indictment is that the accused showed cowardice in the face of the enemy
临阵退却
during the attack on the ant hill.
检察官,请继续
Proceed, Mr. Prosecutor.
传被告法洛二等兵
Call the accused, private ferol.
- 法洛二等兵 - 是的,长官?
- Private ferol. - Yes, sir?
你是进攻安特山丘的 第一波成员吗?
Were you in the first wave during the attack on the ant hill?
- 是的,长官 - 你有拒绝进攻吗?
- Yes, sir. - Did you refuse to advance?
没有,长官
No, sir.
- 你有前进吗? - 有,长官
- Did you advance? - Yes, sir.
你前进了多远?
How far did you advance?
- 大约到三不管地带中间 - 然后你做什么?
To about the middle of no-man's-land, sir.
四周都是机关枪子弹…
Then what did you do?
There were machine gun bullets landing all around...
回答问题,你做了什么?
Answer the question. What did you do?
我看见我和梅尔…
Well, I saw that me and meyer...
我没问你看见什么
I didn't ask you what you saw.
本庭对你的视觉经验没兴趣
The court has no concern with your visual experiences.
- 我的什么,长官? - 回答问题
- My what, sir? - The prisoner will reply to the question.
是的,长官,你的问题是?
Yes, sir. What question was it?
你前进到三不管地带中间 然后你做了什么?
You advanced to the middle of no-man's-land. What did you do then?
- 然后,长官? - 你前进还是后退?
- Then, sir? - Did you go back or forward?
- 我后退,长官 - 换句话说,法洛二兵…
- I went back, sir. - In other words, private ferol,
你退却
you retreated.
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
问完了,被告可以回坐
That's all. The accused may return to his seat.
等等
Just a minute.
庭长先生,可以的话 我想询问被告
Mr. President, I'd like to question the witness, if I may.
可以,上校
Proceed, colonel.
谢谢,法洛二兵 当你到达三不管地带中♥央♥时
Thank you. Private ferol, when you reached the middle of no-man's-land,
只有你跟梅尔二兵两个人?
were you alone with private meyer?
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
连上其他人呢?
What happened to the rest of your company?
我不知道 我猜可能都已经阵亡或受伤了
Well, I don't know, sir. I guess the rest of them had been killed or wounded.
三不管地带中♥央♥只有你和梅尔二兵?
You found yourself in the middle of no-man's-land alone with private meyer?
- 是的,长官 - 你为什么不单打独斗?
Yes, sir.
Why didn't you attack the ant hill single-handed?
你为什么不单兵攻击安特山丘?
Why didn't you storm the ant hill alone?
只有我和梅尔?你开玩笑,长官
Just me and meyer? You're kidding, sir.
是的,我是在开玩笑 谢谢,我问完了
Yes, I'm kidding, private ferol. Thank you. That's all.
我不认为这问题有任何意义
I don't see the point of this line of questioning.
长官,我想指出检察官…
Well, I'm attempting to indicate, sir, the utter absurdity
刚刚问题的荒谬性
of the line of questioning used by the prosecutor.
检察官先生
Mr. Prosecutor.
所以,法洛二兵 你在自♥由♥意志下,承认退却
So you freely admit, private ferol, that you retreated?
是的,长官,我和梅尔两个人
Yes, sir. Me and meyer both.
我们明知可以攻下安特山丘 可是却退了回来
I knew we should have took ant hill, but we came on back.
完毕
That's all.
被告可以回坐
The accused may return to his seat.
阿诺二等兵,你有进攻吗?
Private arnaud, did you advance?
有,长官,直到雷诺瓦上尉 下令返回战壕
Yes, sir, until I was ordered back to the trenches by captain renouart.
你前进了多远?
How far did you advance?
到铁丝网区,长官
Into the wire, sir.
应该是敌方的铁丝网吧
The enemy wire, I suppose.
不,长官,我方的铁丝网
No, sir. It was our wire.
你的意思是说你没有超过 我们自己的铁丝网区?
You mean to tell me that you didn't advance any further than our wire?
没有,长官
No, sir. I didn't.
你说那有多远?几公尺?
How far would you say that was? How many meters?
我已经尽可能前进了
Well, I advanced as far as I could.
电影精选列表