多少公尺?
How many meters?
没多少公尺
Not many.
没几公尺?
Not many?
阿诺二兵
Now, private arnaud,
你在接获撤退命令之前
before you were ordered back,
有鼓舞同袍前进吗?
did you urge your fellow soldiers forward?
大多数离开战壕三步 就已经阵亡或受伤了
Most of them were dead or wounded before they got three steps beyond the trenches.
回答问题
Reply to the question.
我没有鼓舞他们前进 没有,长官
I didn't urge them on. No, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
阿诺二兵,请稍息
Private arnaud, at ease, please.
除了不幸没有机会高喊杀敌
Aside from your sad failure to give throat to spirited battle cries,
你的行为跟其他人比起来
was your behavior different in any respect
有任何不一样吗?
from that of the other men in your company?
抗♥议♥,纯属臆测
Objection. That's a matter of conjecture.
抗♥议♥成立
Sustained.
你连上弟兄 有人出了铁丝网区吗?
Did any men in your company get beyond our wire?
没有,长官
你被认定为懦夫,只因为…
No, sir.
Is it true that you've been designated a coward
你被抽中了,是吗?
simply and purely because you drew a slip of paper marked "x"?
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
此事无关紧要
I don't see that that's significant.
抽签在法国♥军♥队里司空见惯
It's accepted practice in the French army to pick examples by lot.
因为全连只前进了几公尺
Since this entire company advanced only a few meters,
抽签非常公平
picking by lot was eminently fair in this case.
我想特别指出,这位士兵 在以往数次的浴血奋战中…
Well, I'd like to point out that this soldier has distinguished himself
表现极为突出
in some of the bloodiest battles of the war.
若法庭允许 我将朗读他的英勇事迹
With the court's permission, I'll read citations for bravery
他曾经两度获得表扬
that he's already earned on two occasions.
第一次 引述自国♥军♥英勇褒扬令…
First, citations in the orders in the army for bravery...
无关紧要,被告不是 因先前之英勇被起诉
That's immaterial, colonel. The accused is not being tried for his former bravery
而是因为最近的懦夫行为
but for his recent cowardice.
奖章不具辩护效用
Medals are no defense.
我可以传唤人证 为他的人格特性作证吗?
May I call witnesses to his character?
不可以
You may not.
但你可以传唤人证 证明他抵达德军铁丝网区
But you may call witnesses to the effect that he reached the German wire.
庭长先生,全团里…
Mr. President, no one in the entire regiment
没有一个人接近德军铁丝网区 包括我本人
got anywhere near the German wire, including myself.
传下一位被告
Call the next accused.
如果你问完了的话,上校
If you're through, colonel.
谢谢
Thank you.
犯人可以回座了
The prisoner may return to his seat.
- 你没有离开过战壕? - 没有,长官
- So you never even left the trenches? - No, sir.
我问完了
That's all.
巴黎下士,你为什么没离开战壕?
Corporal Paris, why didn't you leave the trenches?
维农少校中弹,他倒在我头上 我被撞昏过去了
Major vignon was shot, and he fell back on top of me, sir, and knocked me cold.
整个攻击期间 你一直躺在战壕不省人事?
And were you lying unconscious in the trenches during the entire attack?
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
- 问完了 - 你有证人吗?
- That's all. - Have you any witnesses to that?
没有,大家太忙没时间注意我 而且地上很多尸体
No, sir. I guess everybody was too busy to notice me,
and there were so many others lying dead anyway.
- 可是你没有证人? - 没有,长官
- But you have no witnesses? - No, sir.
只有头上一道大伤口,长官
I only have a rather large cut on my head, sir.
可能是事后自己弄伤的
That could've been self-inflicted later.
谢谢,你可以下去了
Thank you. You may stand down.
检察官先生,请作结辩
Mr. Prosecutor, you can make your plea now.
庭上诸位
Gentlemen of the court,
本案不辩自明
this case speaks for itself.
我们大家都见证了 昨天早晨令人遗憾的进攻行动
All of us witnessed the regrettable attack yesterday morning.
我认为那项行动
And I submit that that attack
是法国国旗上的污点
was a stain on the flag of France,
是法国每个男人、女人…
a blot on the honor
以及小孩荣誉的一个污渍
of every man, woman and child in the French nation.
对我们来说,那是我们一个…
It is to us that the sad,
悲惨、痛苦、可厌的失职经验
distressing, repellent duty falls, gentlemen.
我要求本庭
I ask this court
判处这几个人有罪
to find the accused guilty
并根据军事法科以刑责
and impose the penalties prescribed by the code of military justice.
谢谢诸位
Thank you, Mr. Prosecutor.
上校,你要作结辩吗?
Colonel, would you like to make your plea?
庭上诸位,有时候…
Gentlemen of the court, there are times when I'm ashamed
我以身为人类而感到羞耻 现在就是这种时刻
to be a member of the human race, and this is one such occasion.
我不可能为被告作个总结 因为本庭…
It's impossible for me to summarize the case for the defense since
不准我充份为本案辩护
the court never allowed me a reasonable opportunity to present my case.
你在抗♥议♥本法庭的真确性?
Are you protesting the authenticity of this court?
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
我抗♥议♥不让我提出…
I protest against being prevented from introducing evidence
我认为对被告有利的证据
that I consider vital to the defense.
检方没有提出任何人证
The prosecution presented no witnesses.
也没有针对被告…
There has never been a written indictment of charges
提出书面起诉书
made against the defendants.
最后,我要抗♥议♥一项事实
And lastly I protest against the fact
本次审判没有做速记记录
that no stenographic records of this trial have been kept.
昨天早晨的攻击行动 不是法国荣誉上的污点
The attack yesterday morning was no stain on the honor of France
当然也不曾有辱我国战士的荣誉
and certainly no disgrace to the fighting men of this nation.
但本庭却是个污点
But this court martial is such a stain
是个耻辱
and such a disgrace.
针对这几个人的起诉 是对全人类正义的一项讽刺
The case made against these men is a mockery of all human justice.
庭上诸位
Gentlemen of the court,
判处这几个人有罪是一项罪过
to find these men guilty would be a crime
将会使你一辈子寝食难安
to haunt each of you till the day you die.
我不相信人类最高贵的精神
I can't believe that the noblest impulse of man,
也就是对他人的恻隐之心 在此荡然无存
his compassion for another, can be completely dead here.
此因我谦虚的恳求各位…
Therefore I humbly beg you
对他们发出慈悲之心
show mercy to these men.
将被告押解回牢房♥
The accused will be escorted back to the guard room.
听证结束,本庭会休庭谨慎考虑
The hearing is closed. The court will now retire to deliberate.
由六名武装士兵担任警卫
There will be a guard of six men under arms.
步♥枪♥子弹上膛、上刺刀 每两人负责看管一名囚犯
Rifles loaded, bayonets fixed, two men to each prisoner.
若有任何滋事迹象 囚犯立即加以蒙面
Any sign of trouble, the prisoners will be instantly covered,
若问题没有立刻平息 即刻当场射杀囚犯
and if the trouble doesn't subside at once,
the prisoner will be shot on the spot.
有任何问题,绝不得延宕 排除障碍,立即处理
Everything must go off without a hitch with the least possible delay.
不必急,不得出任何差错
It shouldn't be hurried. There must be no fumbling around.
万一失序或发生错误
I've been put in charge and made personally responsible
本人要负全责
for any lack of order or for any mistakes.
但我向你保证 如果有任何失职行为的话
But you can take it from me that I shall pass on any blame and with interest
我一定加倍惩处
to any one of you who fails in his duties.
明天7点根据…
The execution will take place at seven o'clock
军事法庭最后判决行刑
according to the verdict of the court martial.
部队,立正!解散!
Detail, attention! Dismissed!
- 米罗将军的好意 - 鸭子!
- This is compliments of general mireau. - Duck!
- 跟他说谢谢 - 不要怪我,阿兵哥
- Well, tell him thanks. - Don't blame me, soldier.
丑八怪,你要我们怎么吃 用手抓吗?
Hey, ugly, what are we supposed to eat this with, our fingers?
卫兵说不能给你们刀叉
The guard says you can't have any knives or forks.
这就当作我们的最后一餐吗?
Is this supposed to be our last meal or something?
不是当作我们的最后一餐 根本就是最后一餐
It isn't supposed to be our last meal. It is our last meal.
鸭子很好吃
This duck is terrific.
你认为食物里有没有掺东西?
You suppose they'd put anything in the food?
先对我们下毒,然后再枪毙?
First they poison us, then they shoot us?
- 我觉得有掺东西 - 比如什么?
- I think they put something in it. - Like what?
比如让我们像喝醉了的东西
Like, uh... like something to make us groggy or something.
即使掺了又有什么不对?
What would be wrong with that if they did?
或许对你无所谓 但我一定要想办法出去
Maybe nothing for you, but I'm going to get out of this somehow.
- 我也不想被下药 - 你要怎么逃出去?
- And I don't want to be drugged. - How are you going to get out?
用嘴巴咬穿石墙?
Chew your way through that stone wall?
德克斯上校会挺我们到底
- Arnaud. - Colonel Dax, he'll see us through.
听我说,我们得逃出去 我们不逃,他们一定会杀我们
Listen, we got to get out of here. They're gonna kill us in a few hours if we don't.
- 你有办法吗? - 没有,办法是人想出来的
- Have you got an idea? - No, but there's got to be a way.
你认为外面有多少人?
How many guys you think they've got out there?
根据今天早上听到的 可能有几个班
They may have a couple of squads. That's what it sounded like this morning.
电影精选列表