- Always a pleasure to see you, colonel. - I'm honored, general.
完全是我们的殊荣
It's our privilege entirely.
你这个小地方相当整洁
Well, quite a neat little spot you have here.
整洁我不敢说 地方不太大就是了
I'll reserve comment on the neatness, sir, but it is little.
坐的地方很局促
Pretty shy on seating accommodations, though.
对我已经够了,我不习惯坐下
More than enough for me. Never got the habit of sitting.
我喜欢站着,或到处走动
Like to be on my feet, keep on the move.
我可以作证,连批公文他都不坐下
I can vouch for that, colonel.
I can hardly get the general behind a desk long enough to sign an order.
我就是这样的人,德克斯
Well, that's the way I am, you know, Dax.
我不懂那些坐办公室的军官
I can't understand these armchair officers,
坐在办公桌后打仗 对敌人挥舞文件
fellows trying to fight a war from behind a desk, waving papers at the enemy.
担心老鼠会不会从裤管爬上来
Worrying about whether a mouse is going to run up their pants leg.
我不知道,老鼠与毛瑟枪 我宁可选老鼠
I don't know, general.
If I had the choice between mice and mausers,
I think I'd take the mice every time.
我不相信
You'll never make me believe that, colonel.
说真的,如果男人没脑袋
Seriously, though, if a man's a ninny,
不如让他穿上洋装,躲在床底下
let him put on a dress and hide under the bed.
但如果他想当军人 就得要有个军人的样子
But if he wants to be a soldier, then by heavens, he's got to be one.
他必须作战 当然一定要到战场才有仗可以打
He's got to fight. He can't do that unless he's where the fighting is.
- 那是我的信条 - 我非常同意
- That's my credo. - I think I have to agree with you,
你的话非常有说服力,长官
presenting your case so convincingly, sir.
- 你也总是身体力行 - 你要巡视一番吗?
And you've never failed to live up to it, sir.
I imagine you'd like a look around, wouldn't you?
是的,上校
Yes, colonel.
有个地方值得看,安特山丘
Here's something to see. The ant hill.
虽然没有亲临现场 但视野几乎也差不了太多了
About as good a view as you can get without actually being there.
我们马上要亲临现场了,不是吗?
Ha-ha. That won't be long now, will it?
好
Yeah.
我见过更难以克服的目标
Well, I've seen much more formidable objectives.
比这可怕多了
Much, much worse.
不是唾手可得的东西
Well, not something we can grab and run away with,
但绝对可以拿下来
but certainly pregnable.
- 听起来有点奇怪,不是吗? - 为什么?
- Sounds kind of odd, though, doesn't it? - Why?
跟生孩子很类似
Well, like something to do with giving birth.
很像,你今天早上很机警,上校
Oh, yes, quite. You're right on your toes this morning, colonel.
说话比平常更尖锐,但我们别忘了
Even sharper than usual. But we mustn't forget
上校是全法国最顶尖的刑事律师
the colonel was perhaps the foremost criminal lawyer in all France.
- 当然,将军 - 你们都太过奖了
- Of course, general. - Gentlemen, you're both much too kind.
上校,昨晚的接防部队状况如何?
Tell me, colonel, how did your relief come off last night?
调来一些炮兵,29名伤患,长官
We drew some artillery. Twenty-nine casualties, sir.
在路上我注意到了 不能原谅,愚蠢
Yes, I noticed it on the road in. Utterly inexcusable. Stupid.
跟苍蝇一样聚集在一起 等着被一举消灭
All swarmed together like a bunch of flies,
just waiting for someone to SWAT them.
他们好像永远学不乖 来到火力密集的地方
Well, they never learn, it seems. They get in a tight spot under heavy fire,
每次都会挤在一起 我想是群居的天性吧
gang up every time, herd instinct, I suppose.
- 低等动物行径 - 对我来说是人类天性
Kind of a lower animal sort of thing.
Kind of a human sort of thing, it seems to me.
你无法区别两者吗,少校?
Or don't you make a distinction between the two, major?
很遗憾,当然可以
Oh, yes, very regrettable, of course.
的确,少校,请你回避一下好吗?
Yes, indeed. Major, would you be kind enough to excuse us for a few minutes?
当然,长官
Yes, sir. Of course.
上校
Colonel.
上校,你觉得怎么样?
Well, colonel, what do you think of it?
- 什么觉得怎么样,长官? - 安特山丘
- What do I think of what, sir? - The ant hill.
上校,你这一团 明天准备攻下安特山丘
Colonel, your regiment is going to take the ant hill tomorrow.
- 你知道我部队的情况,长官 - 人难免都会死
You know the condition of my men, sir.
Naturally, men are gonna have to be killed.
可能死伤惨重 可能被子弹或炮弹碎片击中
Possibly a lot of them. They'll absorb bullets and shrapnel,
但如此一来,其他人就过得去了
and by doing so make it possible for others to get through.
- 我有什么支援? - 我没有任何支援给你
- What support will we have? - I have none to give you.
你估计死伤情况如何,长官?
What sort of casualties do you anticipate, sir?
约百分之5被自己的密集火力所杀 那是很大胆的估计
Say, five percent killed by our own barrage. That's a very generous allowance.
穿越三不管地带再损失百分之10
Ten percent more in getting through no-man's-land,
通过铁丝网再损失百分之20
and 20 percent more getting through the wire.
剩下百分之65应付最艰难的部份
That leaves 65 percent with the worst part of the job over.
实际攻占安特山丘时损失百分之25
Let's say another 25 percent in actually taking the ant hill.
剩下的兵力仍足以占领它
We're still left with a force more than adequate to hold it.
将军,你是说 我的兵力将损失超过一半
General, you're saying that more than half my men will be killed.
是的,代价非常沉重,上校
Yes, it's a terrible price to pay, colonel.
- 但我们能夺下安特山丘 - 可以吗,长官?
- But we will have the ant hill. - But will we, sir?
我靠你啦,上校 全法国都靠你
I'm depending on you, colonel. All France is depending on you.
我让你觉得好笑吗,上校?
Am I amusing you, colonel?
我不是公牛,将军 不需要对我挥舞红旗
I'm not a bull, general.
I don't need a flag waved in front of me to get me to charge.
我不喜欢你把法国国旗比作斗牛斗篷
I don't like your comparison of the flag of France to a bullfighter's cape.
我无意对国旗不敬,长官
I meant nothing disrespectful to the flag of France, sir.
爱国主义虽然老掉牙 但爱国者都是忠实的人
Patriotism may be old-fashioned,
but show me a patriot and I'll show you an honest man.
不是每个人都这样想 山缪强森的说法不一样
Not everyone has always thought so.
Samuel Johnson had something else to say about patriotism.
他说什么?
And what was that, may I ask?
- 没什么 - “没什么”是什么意思?
- Nothing, really. - What do you mean, "nothing, really“?
- 无关紧要的意思 - 我问的问题都很重要
Well, sir, nothing really important.
Colonel, when I ask a question, it's always important.
- 这个人是谁? - 山缪强森,长官
- Now, who was this man? - Samuel Johnson, sir.
我知道,他怎么评论爱国主义?
All right. Now, what did he have to say about patriotism?
他说爱国主义是 恶棍最后的避难所,抱歉
He said it was the last refuge of a scoundrel, sir. I'm sorry.
我不涉及人身攻击
I meant nothing personal.
你累了,德克斯,很累
You're tired, Dax. You're very tired.
累坏的人是你,不是你的属下 这是我的错
It's you who are exhausted, not your men, and it's my fault.
我给一个又一个不可能的任务 你非常需要休息了
I've given you one impossible task after another. You need rest.
- 我没有这么说! - 你永远不会说出口
- I haven't said that! - And you never would, either.
所以你不肯有话直说,上校
Therefore you're not going to have any say-so about it, colonel.
我要命令你无限期休假
As from right now, I'm ordering you on indefinite furlough.
将军,你不能叫我丢下部属 不可以这样对待我,长官!
General, you can't take me away from my men. You can't do that to me, sir!
不是针对你,是为你好 也为你的部属着想
Not to you, Dax. For you. For your good and for the good of your men.
为我部属着想,长官?
The good of my men, sir?
如果长官没有自信 你能怎么期待他的部属?
If a commanding officer lacks confidence, what can we expect of his men?
我当然不想解你的职 但我需要积极的支援
Naturally, I don't want to relieve you, but I must have your enthusiastic support.
你一次都不曾说过 你的部队能拿下安特山丘
Not once have you said that your men can take the ant hill.
我们会拿下安特山丘
We'll take the ant hill.
如果天下有部队能拿下它的话
If any soldiers in the world can take it,
我们会攻下安特山丘的
we'll take the ant hill.
打下来之后,你和你的属下 都可以休个长假
And when you do, your men will be relieved and get a long rest.
巴黎下士和勒容二兵报到,长官
Corporal Paris and private lejeune reporting, sir.
来晚了
You took your time about it.
我已经尽快准备了,长官 必须警告哨兵
We prepared as quick as we could, sir. We had to alert the sentries.
好的,你们两位稍息 这趟是侦察巡逻
All right. You men, at ease. This is a reconnaissance patrol.
侦察德军的铁丝网、机♥枪♥ 确认敌军地点
German wire, machine gun posts, identification of bodies.
只有我们三个人,尽可能避免战斗
There'll only be the three of us, and we're to avoid a fight if we can.
我们从左翼出发 从右翼6号♥岗哨回来
We go out to the left, and we come back through post six on the right.
- 6号♥岗哨都清楚吧? - 全部哨兵都已接获通知
Is everything all clear at post six?
All the sentries have been warned up to here.
6号♥从凌晨四点开始 每隔10分钟发射照明弹
Number six will send up flares at ten-minute intervals starting at 0400.
- 每隔5分钟发射一次 - 我跟他们说过了,长官
- I wanted them every five minutes. - I told them that, sir.
那位中士说5分钟太密集 会引来炮火攻击
The sergeant says every five minutes is too much.
He says it's certain to draw artillery.
这个中士自以为是战略家 他叫什么名字?
Quite a strategist, this sergeant. What's his name?
我不知道,长官
I don't know, sir.
好啦,你们出去等着 我马上就来
All right. You men wait outside. I'll join you in a minute.
请告诉我们口令是什么,长官?
Would you mind telling us the password, sir?
- 海芋 - 好的,长官
- Calais. - Yes, sir.
- 他是在为自己壮胆 - 感觉有天堂的味道
- He's fortifying himself. - It smelled like heaven.
我知道他有喝酒 他变得尖酸刻薄
I can always tell when he's had a few. He gets sarcastic.
至少他可以 让咱们也沾点酒味啊,猪头
Well, at least he could have passed it around, the pig.
他到底对你有何不满?
Hey, what's he got against you anyway?
战前我们上同一所学校
We went to school together before the war.
他认为我不够尊敬他 他想得没错
He thinks I don't have enough respect for him. He's right.
你们准备好了吗?
You gentlemen are ready?
上校
- Colonel. - Everything clear and understood?
- 所有事都清楚了吧? - 是的,长官
Yes, sir.
通过我们铁丝网的通道就在正前方
The Lane through our wire is right out in front here.
机♥枪♥对着开口处
The machine guns are pointing at the opening.
- 祝你们好运 - 谢谢长官
- Good luck, men. - Thank you, sir.
好啦,弟兄们,我们走
All right, men. Let's go.
电影精选列表