我需要一个了解这个世上蛮荒之地的人
So, I need someone who knows the wild places of the world,
一个相信我的存在
someone who believes in my existence,
但也不想开枪打死我的人
but, you know, doesn't want to shoot me.
你不会朝我开枪吧
You're not gonna shoot me, are you?
但你能告诉我 你找我究竟有什么事吗
But if you'd explain, what exactly do you ask of me?
带我离开这里
Take me away from this place.
我很孤单
I'm lonely.
你的世界 越来越大
Your world, it... it grows bigger.
而我的世界却被蚕食
Mine is eaten away.
这里已经没有什么值得我留恋的了
You know, there's nothing for me here anymore.
我年复一年地行走于这片森林
I've walked these woods year after year,
但只剩我孤身一人
but I'm the last.
我已经没有了同类
I have none of my kind to live with,
没有了家人
no... no family.
真的 谁都不剩了
Really, nobody.
但是
But...
千里之外 在这个世界的另一端
many miles away, on the other side of the world,
他们说存在着这种生物
they talk of this... this creature.
这种雪人
He's a snowman.
-雪人 -你再看看这个
- A yeti? - And... And look at this.
我觉得这些雪人是我的表亲
I think these yetis are my cousins.
他们是我的同类
They're... They're my kind.
我想到那个寒冷的地方去找他们
I want to go to that cold place and find them.
然后
And then...
我就不用孤独终老了
I wouldn't have to spend the rest of my life alone.
你能带我去吗
Can you just take me there?
求你了
Please?
带你去喜马拉雅山
Take you to the Himalayas?
我恐怕做不到
I can't possibly.
你可以的 如果有人能做到 就是你
Yes, you can. If anyone can, it's you.
你是个伟人
You're a... You're a great man.
不得不承认 这是个很诱人的提议
That's a tantalizing proposition, I'll admit.
你必须要明白
You must understand,
我来这的目的是找到你存在的证据
my objective here was to find proof of you.
我的名誉就靠此一举了
My name depends upon it.
证据 什么样的证据
Proof? What kind of proof?
能证明质疑我的人错了的
Incontrovertible evidence of your existence
无可争议的证据
to prove my doubters wrong,
比如毛发样本 牙齿
like hair samples, a tooth,
指甲 粪便
nail clippings, feces.
这些我都有 听起来是个公平的交易
Well, I have all those things. That seems like a fair deal.
这样的话 何乐而不为呢
In that case, why not?
我带你去那里 你的归属
I shall get you there, to the place you belong.
作为回报 你也要带我去我的归属
And in return, you will get me to mine.
太好了 我将会证明遗失的环节
Oh, yes. I'll prove the existence of not just one,
存在不止一种生物 而是整个进化分支
but an entire evolutionary branch of missing links.
想想到时候的头条会怎么写
Imagine the headlines then.
你是认真的吗 你要带我去
You really mean that? You're gonna take me?
当然了 我向你保证[我送你一个词]Of course. I give you my word.
好吧 什么词
Okay. What is it?
-什么 -你的词
- What? - Your word.
不 这是一种说法
No, it's a figure of speech.
听起来不错 所以是什么词
Sounds good. What is it?
我亲爱的朋友 这个词就是
The word, my dear fellow,
"信任"
is "trust."
所以你现在就要我的大便吗
So, you want the poop now?
不是 那个先不急
No, later will be fine.
我怎么称呼你
Right. And... what do I call you?
如果我们准备同行穿过半个地球
I mean, if we're to travel halfway across the globe,
我得知道你的名字
you'll need a name.
我身边从来没有
Well, there's never really been anyone around
能给我起名的人
to give me a name, you know?
那可不行
That won't do.
我身上还带着我的贴身男仆
I... I think I still carry the papers of my valet,
莱缪尔·林特先生的证件
Mr. Lemuel Lint.
我们只要把"特"改成"克"
We'll simply change the "T" to a "K,"
这样我们就有了完美的掩饰身份
and then we have the perfect cover story.
林克先生
Mr. Link.
遗失的"环节"[音为林克]You know, like... missing link.
等等 我没听懂
Wait, I don't get it.
算了 谈正事吧 我们有很多事要做
Fine. Then to business. We have much to do.
好的 先生 从哪开始呢
Yes, sir. Where do we start?
从奥尔德斯·弗耐特的晚期著作开始
With the work of the late Aldous Fortnight.
怎么说呢 他有着和我一样的志向
He and I shared the same, um, shall we say, pursuits.
没错 在他英年早逝之前
Yes, before his untimely death.
他是个非凡的人 灵长类动物学家 桂冠诗人
A singular man. Primatologist, poet laureate,
有时还是布莱克西斯足球俱乐部的后卫
and sometime fullback for the Blackheath Football Club.
这个人听起来不错
I like the sound of that guy.
花了大半辈子追寻行踪不定的雪人
Spent much of his life searching for the elusive yeti.
最棒的是 他画了张地图
And the best part of all, he drew a map.
我能否 能否问个...
All right, let me just... Can I just ask a...
你觉得弗耐特先生的遗孀会把它给我们
You think Mr. Fortnight's widow will give it to us,
就这么简单
just like that?
别担心 林克先生 阿德丽娜交给我就好
Don't fret, Mr. Link. You just leave Adelina to me.
这么说你们互相认识
So, the two of you are acquainted.
你说得很对[你可以再说一遍]You can say that again.
这么说你们互相认识
Okay. So, the two of you are acquainted.
我的意思是 阿德丽娜和我...
What I... What I mean is, Adelina and I were...
不仅仅是互相认识
well, more than just acquaintances.
等等 我说得好像
Wait a second. I said, "Oh!"
我听懂了你的意思 但其实并没有
like I knew what you were talking about, but I don't.
算了 先说重要的吧
Never mind. First things first.
我们应该吃点东西再睡一觉
We shall get some sleep and sustenance.
我们不熟好吗
I barely know you.
怎么 在这里吗
What, here?
我就不去了 我在外面等你
You know what? I'm fine. I'll wait out here.
我们低调行事
We'll keep a low profile
明早天一亮就离开
and be out of here by first light.
-我不能进去 -你这样当然不行
- I can't go in there. - Well, not as you are, no.
我们至少应该掩盖一下你的
But at the very least, we should cover up your, uh...
质朴
modesty.
把这个披上
Put this on.
莱昂内尔爵士 我有点担心这样行不通
Sir Lionel, I'm a little afraid that this isn't gonna work.
来吧 我猜里面所有人
Come now. I imagine everyone in there
都毛发旺盛 邋里邋遢
has hairy knuckles and poor hygiene.
你会很合群的
You'll fit right in.
不好意思
Excuse me.
有什么需要吗
What can I get you?
我们需要住宿一晚
We'll need lodging for the night.
还有一杯加少许奶的伯爵茶
And a cup of Earl Grey tea with a spot of milk.
茶不要泡太久 非常感谢
And please don't let it steep too long. Thanks so much.
我什么都不要
I'm good.
莱昂内尔·弗罗斯特
Lionel Frost.
应该是莱昂内尔·弗罗斯特爵士
Sir Lionel Frost, actually.
我还不知道你的尊姓大名
You seem to have me at a disadvantage.
正合我意
And that's just how I like it.
我是威拉德·斯坦克 很高兴认识你
Willard Stenk. Pleased to meet you.
斯坦克 我知道你是干什么的
Stenk. Yes, I know of your work.
你跟踪 抓捕并屠♥杀♥
You've tracked, trapped and butchered
从这到婆罗洲的所有稀有生物
every rare creature from here to Borneo.
你说得我都要不好意思了
You're gonna make me blush here.
据我所知 其中有一只三十多年来
And by my reckoning, there's one that has eluded you
一直没有落入你的魔爪
for 30 years or more.
是吗
Is that right?
你似乎是大脚野人的手下败将 斯坦克先生
The Sasquatch appears to have you beat, Mr. Stenk.
大脚野人
The Sasquatch?
要是你自认为能胜过我 弗罗斯特
If you think you can do better, Frost,
那肯定是脑子坏掉了
you're out of your mind.
听见没 痴心妄想
You hear me? Barking mad.
哦哟
Woof.
不 不可能
No. It can't be.
恐怕这是真的 如假包换