帮个忙好吗
Do you mind?
体型庞大 满身毛发 并能直立行走
Huge, hairy, and walking upright.
非猿猴也非人类
Neither ape nor man,
而是两者之间的一环
but the link in between.
没错 他有许多名称
Yes, he's had many names:
大脚怪 狼人
Skookum, Rougarou,
巨怪 食人怪
Tse'nahaha, Loo Poo Oi'Yes...
而最常见的名称
and most commonly known
来自一种起源不明的古老哈尔魁梅林语方言
in... in a muddled derivation of an old Halkomelem dialect,
也就是大脚野人
as Sasquatch.
这名称没人记得住
That'll never catch on.
我要为你们提供一个早已被遗忘的传说生物
I offer you a glimpse of a legendary creature lost in time
还有证据 我告诉你们
and proof... proof, I tell you...
人类的灵长类祖先不仅仅是荒诞的传说
that man's primate ancestors are not just tall tales
以及各种奇思怪想
and flights of fancy,
他们依然存在
but alive and well
生活在新世界
and living in the New World.
-想都不敢想 -难以置信
- The very thought of it. - Well, I never!
-胡说八道 -但你们想一想
- Poppycock! - But think of it.
这是人类的原始祖先的证据 遗失的环节
Evidence of man's primitive ancestry, the missing link!
不 先生 我绝不会这么想
No, sir, I shan't think of it. I won't.
看看你周围
Look around you.
你站在世界上最著名的冒险家脚下
You stand beneath the most renowned adventurers of the world.
这个俱乐部的会员跨越过大洋
The members of this club have crossed oceans,
驯服过丛林 征服过最高的山峰
tamed jungles, conquered the tallest peaks.
我们屠♥杀♥过蛮人
We've butchered the ungodly...
把英国举止得当的餐桌礼仪
and brought good British table manners
传播给了世界各地的野蛮人
to savages the world over.
而你 先生 却想要嘲弄我们
You, sir, seek to make a mockery of us.
不不不 我想要加入你们
No, no, no. I seek to join you.
而发现这种生物的存在
And the discovery of this creature
一定能确保我在这里的席位
must surely secure my place here.
你觉得怎么样
I mean, what do you say to that?
我觉得我们的祖先是伟人
I say we are descended from great men,
而不是类人猿
not great apes.
那么 我觉得你错了
Well, I say you're wrong.
什么
What?
我认为这两者是相辅相成的 而且更重要的是
I... I believe the two go hand in hand, and what's more,
-我... -他刚刚跟我说什么
- I-I-I-I... - What did he say to me?
他好像说你错了
I think he said you're wrong.
我听够了
I have heard enough.
你的话一文不值
Your words are nothing.
我一诺千金 你的话又有多少分量呢
My word is everything. What is yours worth?
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
我向你保证我会带回这种生物存在的证明
I give you my word I'll bring back proof of this creature,
而作为交换 你要承认你错了
and in return, you'll admit you're wrong,
并且让我成为这里的会员
and you'll grant me membership here,
这样我就终于能找到我真正的归属了
so I might finally take my place where I truly belong.
你不属于这里 而且一定会失败
You do not belong here, and you will fail.
既然如此 你也不会有任何损失
Well, in that case, you have nothing to lose.
那好吧
Very well.
你能发誓吗
You'll swear on it?
我发誓
I will.
那请大家原谅我失陪了
Then you'll excuse me if I take my leave.
我有很多准备工作要做
I, uh... I have much to prepare.
谢谢
Thank you.
下次见 先生们
Until next we meet, gentlemen.
现在是黑暗的时期 科利克
These are dark days, Collick.
电力 选举权 进化论
Electricity, suffrage, evolution.
我们正处在悬崖的边缘
We are on the brink of a precipice.
没错 你听好了 我们存在的基础
Yes, mark my words. And the ground beneath us
正承受着...这些新兴思想家的猛烈攻击
is clawed away by these... these new thinkers.
他们将会改变世界
They'll change the world,
而新世界里将不会有我们的一席之地
and there'll be no room in it for the likes of me.
可是 阁下
But, my Lord,
弗罗斯特轻率的冒险之举通常都没有成果
Frost's frivolous escapades usually amount to naught.
这场赌局他不可能赢
He can't possibly win this wager.
我不会冒任何风险
I'm not taking any chances!
不 我必须捍卫所有的文明
No, I must make a stand for all that is civilized.
但是您打算怎么做呢 阁下
But how are you going to do that, my Lord?
雇个暴徒干掉他
Gonna hire a thug to kill him.
好啊 一劳永逸
Oh, yes. That'll do it.
有人吗
Hello?
请别跑
Stop, please!
请等一下
Please wait!
还在里面
It's still there.
抱歉 好像有点东西卡在我的...
Excuse me. I think I've got a little something stuck in my...
出来了
There it is.
喉咙里了 可能是坚果
In my throat. Like a nut or a...
或田鼠之类的东西 我不知道
or a field mouse or something like that. I don't know.
我是不是在胡言乱语 老实说 我有点紧张
Am I rambling? I'm a little nervous, if I'm being honest.
我
I...
我猜你就是莱昂内尔·弗罗斯特爵士吧
Sir Lionel Frost, I presume.
你好
Hi.
真不敢相信
I don't believe it.
你居然会说话
I mean, you can speak.
是的 我还会写字
Yes. And, um, I write as well.
我的书法不太好 但是...
My penmanship isn't great, but, uh...
你知道 对生拇指配上
you know, opposable thumbs and...
肥大的手指
fat fingers, you know?
你怎么会说话
How can you speak?
问得好 我怎么会说话呢
Good question. How can I speak?
是这样 我先是看 然后听
Well, I watched at first. I listened.
我对很多事都很关注
I paid attention to a lot of things.
我学习 到处偷书和报纸
I learned, I stole books, newspapers here and there.
村里有个老萨满给了我一点帮助
An old shaman in the valley helped me a little.
不仅如此 他还教会了我下棋
Not only that, he taught me how to play chess.
-智慧的萨满 -也不尽然
- Smart shaman. - Not really.
我每次都赢他 他下棋很烂
I mean, I beat him every time. He's a lousy player.
他还会作弊 他经常作弊
And he cheats. He's a cheater.
你和我想象中的一模一样
You're exactly as I imagined.
两米四高 胸围一米八
Eight feet tall, chest circumference 70 inches,
体重大约三百千克
total weight around 650 pounds.
我觉得应该只有两百九
Well, I'd say it's more like, you know, 630 pounds.
我毛厚所以看起来重
You know, it's the hair that makes me look heavier, I think.
确实有点显胖 真的让我很不爽
It's a... It's a little deceptive. It can be frustrating.
瞧这些跖骨的尺寸
Look at the size of those metatarsals.
先生 往哪摸呢
Sir! Wow, your hands!
-介意让我闻闻你吗 -请便
- Do you mind if I smell you? - Um, yeah, sure.
我最近洗过澡了
I mean, I bathed recently.
两周前在一条小溪里
You know, like, two weeks ago in a creek.
所以应该...你没喝小溪里的水吧
So, should... You didn't drink from the creek, did you?
了不起
Remarkable.
等等 你叫出了我的...
Wait. So, you called me by my...
你怎么知道我的名字
How do you know me?
这信是我写的
I wrote the letter.
你写的
You wrote this?
你请我来发现你
You asked me here to discover you?
发现...不 不 不
Discov... No, no, no.
我是请你来帮助我的
I asked you here to help me.
这边请
Over this way.
天哪 太不好意思了 很抱歉屋里有异味
Oh, God, I'm so embarrassed. Sorry if it smells a little.
我不是经常招待客人
I don't entertain that much.
就没客人来过
Ever.
冒昧问下 你是怎么找到我的
If I might ask, how did you find me?
报纸上都是你的新闻
Well, I've read all about you.
我觉得这篇是我的最爱了
I think that one's my favorite, right there.
我看看 应该有张照片的
Let's see. I think there might be a picture.
是的 报纸上的新闻不能全盘相信 对吗
Yes. You can't believe everything you read, can you?
还是换个话题好了
Let's move along, shall we?