that's just because you're not one of us.
还没有加入
Not yet.
没错
That's right.
如果你也吸入花粉的话 就会明白了
If you inhale the pollen too, you'll understand.
不会痛的
It doesn't hurt.
你甚至感觉不出区别
You'll hardly notice the difference.
没人感觉得到 我们也一样
No one does. Not even us.
我们装作跟以前一样 这很有效
We pretend to be the same as before and it works.
这是一种本能反应
It's a kind of reflex.
而且你会变得快乐
And it makes you feel happy.
你不是想要快乐吗
Which is what you wanted, right?
不是
No.
乔 别说胡话了 这根本不是我想要的
Joe, that's impossible. That's not what I wanted.
是这样 爱丽丝
But look, Alice...
我可以叫你爱丽丝吗
Can I call you Alice?
可以
Yes.
其实没什么好害怕的
There's nothing for you to be afraid of.
你以为可能会失去自我
Now, you think something will be missing,
但就像我说的 你根本察觉不出变化
but, like I said, you won't notice.
就像死亡一样
It's like being dead.
没人能意识到自己已经死了 对吧
You don't notice you're dead, do you?
这个比喻不错
Good comparison.
玩笑
Joke.
我们在开玩笑
It was a joke.
什么
What?
拜托 妈妈
Come on, Mum,
你不会真的相信那些鬼话吧
you don't really believe that nonsense, do you?
是我啊
It's me, Joe.
你的儿子乔 我真的没事
Your Joe. I'm... I'm fine really!
塞尔玛也没事 对吧
And so is Selma. Right, Selma?
但是
But...
你们怎么想到这些的
what gave you that idea?
克里斯跟我们说了你的困扰
Chris told us a bit about your problems...
有关小小乔的
with Little Joe.
说真的 妈妈
Seriously, Mum.
我的确有一些变化 但并不是针对你
I suppose I have changed a bit but it's nothing against you.
这些变化跟你没有关系
It has nothing to do with you.
只是因为我长大了
I guess I'm growing up
想多陪陪我爸爸而已
and I simply want to spend a bit more time with my father.
请你接受好吗
Can you please accept that?
乔
Joe?
乔
Joe.
我永远爱你
I will always love you.
卡尔 我得承认我欺骗了大家
Karl, I have to confess that I lied to you all.
十分抱歉
I'm terribly sorry.
我没有使用常规载体
I didn't use the usual vectors
而是用了新型的病毒载体 就是
but one of the new virus vectors. It was, um...
就是我们明令禁止的那个
precisely the ones that we're not allowed.
因此我们才能随意改良
That's how we were able to modify
小小乔的香味
Little Joe's scent so well.
我明白了
I see.
好吧
Well...
确实是非常严重的违规
that is, of course, a very serious offense.
但在我看来
If you want my opinion,
迟早我们也会用上
sooner or later, we are all going to be using
这些新型病毒的
those new viruses anyway.
它们太有效了 对吧
They are pretty efficient, aren't they?
是没错
Well, yes.
但我有理由相信我们使用的这种
But I have reason to believe that the ones that we've used...
-哪一种 -是R病毒
- Which one was it? - It's the R-virus.
我有理由相信它已经突变了
I have reason to believe that it has mutated
现在这种病毒对人脑有致病作用
and it now has a pathogenic effect on the human brain.
真的吗
Really?
以前有过这种情况发生吗
Has this ever happened before?
据我们所知没有
Not that we know of.
但并不代表永远不会发生
That doesn't mean that it didn't happen.
也许只是没人敢去设想而已
Maybe just no one dared to think of it.
你看
Look.
究竟都有什么症状
What exactly are the symptoms?
倒也不会把人类变成僵尸
Well, it's not like they become zombies.
我认为被感染的人
I believe that those who are infected,
会发生几乎察觉不到的变化
they change in a nearly imperceptible way.
其实他们会很快乐
They actually feel happy,
但不能和我们想创造的那种快乐
but it cannot be compared to the sort of happiness
相提并论
that we wanted to create.
我们所面临的后果
The consequences that we are facing here,
可能会是灾难性的
they could be disastrous.
会吗
Could they?
那样难道不可怕吗
Well, wouldn't it be terrible if...
如果人们失去了真实的情感
people lost their genuine feelings
只是假装和以前一样
and only pretended to be the same as before,
但他们并不是
but they weren't,
因为他们除了这种植物
because actually they had stopped
就不在乎其他人了
caring about anybody else but the plant?
只要他们快乐就行了
As long as they're happy.
-我开玩笑的 -我们不能冒险
- I was joking. - We can't take any risks here.
我们必须对整个基因组进行测序
We must have the whole genome sequenced.
那好吧
Very well then.
我会准备好 今天晚些我们就能把样本
I'll get everything ready and we can send a sample
送去基科生物公♥司♥
to Genex later today.
我的贝洛是我唯一真正爱过的生物
My Bello was the only living being I ever really loved.
我没有吸入花粉
I didn't inhale the pollen.
我只是在假装
I just pretended.
就像我一直假装那样
Like I always just pretended.
我只有和贝洛在一起时才能做自己
Bello was the only one I could be myself with.
现在它不在了
And now he's gone.
你们都不在了
You're all gone.
你们只是不自知
You just don't know it.
你们已经不是真实的自己了
You're no longer your real selves.
恐怕我基本上还是我自己
I'm afraid I'm still pretty much myself.
-你呢 -我也是
- What about you? - Yeah, I am, too.
过来坐下吧
Come and sit down.
你怎么了 贝拉
What's the matter with you, Bella?
没什么 真的没什么
Nothing's the matter. Nothing at all.
-请坐下 -我不想坐下
- Please, sit down. - I don't want to sit down.
让我一个人待着
Just leave me alone.
天呐
Oh, my God...
放松 别激动 贝拉
Nice and easy now, Bella.
你的药呢
Where's your medication?
-去看医生吧 -我不用看医生
- Go and see a doctor. - I don't need a doctor.
放开
Let go.
没事 我们去处理
No, we'll deal with this.
抱歉
Sorry.
我只是
I'm just...
-别再靠近了 -拜托
- Don't come any closer. - Please.
-别过来 -贝拉
- Stay where you are. - Bella.
-你们做了什么 -没什么
- What have you done? - Nothing.
我们试图拦住她
We were trying to stop her.
不是你想的那样
It's not what you think.
我只能说我无比震惊
What can I say is that I'm absolutely shaken.
贝拉曾是 是我最亲密的同事
Bella was... is my closest colleague.
她的奉献精神和同情心
Her dedication and empathy...
于我们的研究而言是无价的
absolutely invaluable to the work we do here.
我们都挂念着这位亲爱的同事
So, all our thoughts are with our dear colleague
而她此时
who is, at this moment,
正在为生命而抗争
fighting for her life.
我们一得到新消息
And as soon as we know more,
就会发到内部通讯上
we'll post that information on the internal newsletter.
但是尽管发生了悲剧事件
But now, in spite of today's tragic events,
我们还是得继续前行
we must carry on.
花博会即将到来