可是通常都是我一人在家
but usually I'm here all by myself,
而且最近我跟爸爸相处得也不错
and recently I've been getting on really well with Dad.
我就在想
Just been thinking.
我还是想和他一起生活
I do want to live with him, after all.
绝对不行 我是不会同意的
That's out of the question! I simply won't allow it.
你看
See?
我就知道你会这么说
I knew you'd say that.
你就是这么抛弃我的
This is how you will get rid of me.
都是你的错
It's your own fault.
来 我们走
Come on, we're going.
等等 别走
Wait, please.
乔
Joe!
-别走 -放手
- Please! - Let go!
你弄疼我了
You're hurting me.
我去拿创可贴
I'll get a plaster.
需要帮忙吗 伍达德夫人
Can I help you, Mrs. Woodard?
不用 没事
No, it's all right.
我觉得它确实会回应
I think it does talk back.
我说对了吧
I told you.
它是非常特别的植物
It's a very special plant.
你的蚂蚁怎么了
What happened to your ants?
我做不到事事兼顾
I can't take care of everything around here.
操
Fuck.
糟了 糟了 糟了
Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.
操
Fuck!
如果你不知道如何设置恒温器
If you didn't know how to handle the thermostat,
-你可以问 -行了
- you just had to ask. - Oh, come on.
我在这当了二十年的植物育种师了
I've been a plant breeder here for 20 years.
当然了
Of course, you have.
我觉得 下次还是我亲自动手
Just next time I'll be better off doing it
会好一些
all by myself, I think.
-我觉得她是故意的 -行了
- I think she did it on purpose. - All right.
贝拉 抱歉 瑞克不是那个意思
Bella, I'm sorry. Ric doesn't mean it like that.
你是我们最好的育种师之一
I mean, you're one of our best breeders.
省省吧
Oh, please save your breath.
我知道你们是怎么看待我的
I know what you think of me.
我能看穿你们的心思
I can see through you.
我知道是怎么回事
I know what's going on here.
贝拉的理论简直就是一派胡言
Bella's theories are completely crazy.
我不是有偏见
Not that I'm prejudiced.
-我... -你是绝对
- I'd be... - The last person
不会有偏见的
to have such a prejudice.
好吧 那就别拿看僵尸的眼神看我
Right, stop looking at me as if I were a zombie.
我受够了
I've had enough!
对不起 你说得对
I'm... I'm sorry. Of course you're right.
整件事太荒唐了
The whole thing is ridiculous.
我就是不明白你为什么担心
I just don't understand why you're worried.
效果很好
I mean, it worked well.
也许效果太好了
Perhaps it worked too well.
也许这个植物不仅让人高兴
Perhaps the plant isn't only making people happy
实际上还影响了人们的大脑
but it's actually infecting people's brains.
什么
What?
如果是我们弄错了呢
What if we made a mistake?
然后R病毒在转基因的过程中
and then something went wrong with the R-virus
出了什么差错
during gene transfer?
比如呢
Like what?
如果病毒发生变异并且能致病了
What if the virus mutated and it became pathogenic?
你说真的吗
I mean, are you serious?
细胞分♥裂♥素可能导致突变
Cytokinin could have caused a mutation.
等一下 我想一想
Hang on, let me get this straight.
你是说
You're suggesting
这个人畜无害的R病毒载体
that this harmless little R-virus vector
变异成了能感染人类大脑的
has mutated into a human pathogenic virus
人类致病病毒
that infects people's brains?
这怎么可能
What in the world could cause that to happen?
小小乔
Little Joe.
如果贝拉说得对
I mean, what if Bella's right
这种植物就是这样克服不能繁殖的特性呢
and this is how the plant is trying to overcome its sterility?
通过感染人类大脑
By infecting people's brains?
通过R病毒来实现
By using the R-virus to do it.
我们就不该让小小乔不能繁殖
We never should've made Little Joe sterile,
-这有悖自然 -这很重要
- It is unnatural, after all. - No, it's vital!
这是确保基因工程安全的关键
That's what makes genetic engineering safe.
我们不能让我们的植株
That we don't let our plants propagate
在大自然中不受控制地繁殖
into nature uncontrolled.
你这话说得像宣传片台词
You sound like a promotional clip.
你信吗
You believe that?
当然 还有其他的好处 比如
Well, of course, there are other benefits, such as
植物的商业用途
the commercial use of the plant.
-你看 -但是没关系
- See? - But that's okay.
也许小小乔不这么认为
Well, maybe Little Joe doesn't think it's okay.
小小乔根本就没有思维
Little Joe doesn't think at all.
如果你到处跟人说
Listen, if you go around telling people
我们的植物里可能有某种
that we may have some sort of human pathogenic virus
人类致病病毒
in our plant,
我们的事业就完了
our careers are over!
你确实觉得有可能
So, you do think that it could happen?
不 我不觉得
No, I don't.
也许就是这么回事
Perhaps that's exactly what happened.
你是说我们面对的是一种感染人类的超级病毒
So, now, we're dealing with a super virus
让他们变得只在乎
that infects people so that all they care about
小小乔的繁殖
is the reproduction of Little Joe.
但与此同时 你却不会注意到
But at the same time you don't notice
因为被感染的人的行为和以前没有区别
because the infected people act exactly as they did before.
他们伪装得很好
And they're deceptively good at it.
听起来很合理
Sounds very plausible.
太棒了
Bravo!
爱丽丝 你说这些"改变"
Alice, don't you think that these "changes"
是由小小乔引发的
that Little Joe is supposed to cause
但会不会是其他原因导致的呢
could be happening for completely different reasons?
我只是很担心乔
I'm just so worried about Joe.
我都认不出他来了
I just don't know him anymore.
我们以前特别亲密 现在他...
We were so close and now he's...
乔长大了
Well, Joe is growing up.
改变对他来说很正常
It's completely normal for him to change.
他想搬去和伊万住
He wants to move in with Ivan.
没有了他我可怎么办
What would I do without him?
我可以跟他谈谈
Well, I could talk to him,
如果你愿意的话
if you like.
我得走了
I have to go.
好吧
All right. Cool.
-回头见 -回头见
- See you later. - See you later.
好吧
All right.
妈妈
Hi, mum.
我没看见你
I didn't see you.
我决定周末放假
So I decided to take the weekend off.
我们可以一起去看展览或者看电影
We can go to an exhibition or a movie?
我已经有计划了
I'm already doing something.
我好像都不了解你了
It's like I barely know you anymore.
你都不告诉我你在做些什么
You never tell me what you're up to.
我不用事事都跟你说
I don't have to discuss everything with you.
妈妈 拜托
Mum, please,
我这个年纪这样很正常
this is normal at my age.
贝拉
Bella.
我想求你帮个大忙
I have a huge favor to ask you.
我...
I'm...
我今天要提早下班
I need to leave early today.
我女友出了点意外
My girlfriend has had an accident.
她现在在医院
She is in hospital right now.
-而且... -有什么需要
- and... - What do you want?