请上前来 谢谢
Please, come forward. Thank you.
这些是我们的特殊品种
These are our special breeds.
请
Please.
-真令人激动 -你们
- How exciting. - You, uh...
你们会喜欢的
You will like this.
你们眼前的育种项目
The breeding program you see here,
历经极其复杂的基因工程
it's finally been successful,
最终才取得成功
despite the extremely complex genetic engineering involved.
项目的目标是创造一种
The aim has been to create a plant
能够散发使人愉快的香味的植物
with a scent that makes its owner happy.
真的吗
Oh, really?
没错
Yes, that's right.
近年来 植物育种一直致力于
In recent years, plant breeding has increasingly focused
培育生命力更顽强持久的植物
on making plants more resilient and more durable,
从而降低能耗
thus more energy efficient.
最终目标是主人可以外出度假数周
So, finally, the owner can go away on holiday for weeks
而花卉仍然能生存下来
and the flowers still survive.
然而通常情况下 这种工程
However, as a rule, this kind of engineering
会使香味丧失 花没什么气味
involves a loss of scent; the flowers don't smell of much.
而我们尝试创造的是相反的品种
In our case, we have attempted to create the opposite.
我们的目标是创造一种
our aim was to create a plant
需要定期浇水的植物
that has to be watered regularly,
它怕冷也怕热
protected from cold and heat,
喜爱接触和交流
that wants to be touched and talked to.
听起来挺辛苦
Sounds like hard work.
很对 作为回报
Precisely. And in return,
这种植物散发一种促进幸福感的香味
the plant emits a scent, which promotes happiness
以报答这些辛勤
as a reward for all that effort.
不止如此 这香味还包括一种
Moreover, the scent contains a precursor
人类催产素前体
for the human hormone oxytocin.
吸入香味时 人体能够利用这种物质
Your body uses this molecule to produce oxytocin
合成催产素
when the scent is inhaled.
催产素
Oxytocin?
又名为"母亲激素"
It's sometimes called the "mother-hormone",
作用是促进母亲和新生儿
it's supposed to initiate the bond between a mother
之间的感情
and her newborn.
你会像爱自己的孩子一样爱这种植物
You'll love this plant like your own child.
我们正在步入一个新纪♥元♥
We are entering a new era here.
世上首个调节情绪 抗抑郁的快乐植物品种
The first, mood-lifting, anti-depressant, happy plant,
顺应市场需求
that's fit for market.
人类从这项革新中的获益
I mean you can imagine the benefit for humanity
可想而知
implicated in this innovation.
但这些植株来得及在花博会前长成吗
Yes, but will the plants be fully grown for the flower fair?
没多少时间了
There's not much time left.
作为育种项目的副作用
As a side-effect to the breeding program,
这些植株会分泌过量的细胞分♥裂♥素 是一种生长激素
the plants produce an excess of the growth hormone Cytokinin.
所以它们能够花博会上展出
So, yes, they will be ready on time for the fair.
这种植物真正需要的
What this plant really needs...
是爱
is love.
乔
Hey, Joe.
-你怎么样 -挺好
- Everything okay? - Yeah.
你妈妈肯定很快就完工了
I'm sure your mum will be finished soon.
嗯
Yeah.
随便吧
Whatever.
运动鞋挺酷
Hey, cool trainers!
当时我们在上地理课 她打开她的包
We were in Geography and she opened her bag, and...
说里面有只死老鼠
and she says that she found a little dead rat in there.
-什么 -是啊
- What? - Yeah,
然后她说
and what she says...
她说不知道是谁放进去的
She says that she doesn't know who put it in.
我觉得他喜欢你
I think he likes you.
-谁 -克里斯
- Who? - Chris.
什么
What?
你为什么这么想
What makes you think that?
我能看出来
I can see it.
我看不出
Well, I can't.
那是因为你眼里只有你的花
Well, that's because all you can see are your flowers.
他很聪明
He's smart.
他协助你的工作
He helps you with your work.
你们兴趣相同 他挺适合你
You have the same interests. He suits you.
反正比爸爸适合得多
Much more than Dad anyway.
你要是下周末去陪爸爸 他会很开心的
Dad would really like you to spend next weekend with him.
我告诉他我会问你的
I told him I'd ask you.
我非得去吗
Do I have to?
他很想多见见你
He really wants to see more of you.
他那么
He's so...
不同
different.
和谁不同
From who?
和你
From you!
-以及我 -那么你就能接触点不同的东西
- And me! - So, you'll get to know something different.
相信我 乔
Believe me, Joe,
和你♥爸♥爸多相处对你有好处
it will do you good to spend more time with your father.
这样你就有更多时间忙工作了
So, you'd have more time for your work?
什么
What?
不是 见鬼
No. Oh, shit.
不
Oh, no!
别笑话我了 乔
Stop laughing at me, Joe.
我想没什么可担心的
I guess there's nothing to worry about.
很好
Good.
新的育种项目很可能会大获成功
Yeah, the new breeding program could be a real success.
我不想把话说太满招来霉运
Anyway, I wouldn't want to jinx it.
但的确前景可期
But it does look very promising.
等着瞧吧
We'll see.
恭喜
Congratulations.
天有不测风云
I mean, you never know what can happen.
这令你担忧吗
Does that bother you?
不 这是我的工作 应对意外
No, that's my job. Handling the unpredictable.
通常来说我很擅长
It's what I'm pretty good at, usually.
当然总会有连我也无法预料的
Of course, there's always a way for a mistake to sneak in
意外发生
that even I can't predict.
我没法控制一切 对吗
I can't control everything, can I?
毕竟 我还要照顾乔
After all, I have Joe to take care of and...
当然
Of course.
负担肯定不轻
That must be quite a burden.
不 我不会称之为负担
No, well, I wouldn't call it a burden!
我爱我儿子 我很喜欢陪伴他
I love my son and I enjoy spending time with him.
这是自然
Naturally.
但有时 我没法陪在他身边
But sometimes, I simply can't be there for him.
这确实令我担忧
Which does worry me.
担忧什么
What worries you?
有时候我特别恐惧
Sometimes I'm overcome by the fear
担心乔会出什么事
that something could happened to Joe.
而我却不在他身边
And I wouldn't be there for him.
我美丽的小可爱
My beautiful darling.
我的贝洛
My Bello.
别动
Stay.
-你好 -早安
- Hiya. - Morning.
它们情况良好
They're doing fine.
这些闪电二号♥比闪电一号♥强壮得多
These Flash2 are far stronger than the Flash1 ever were.
最好给它们多加点料
Better give them quite a boost.
我不想再失去这批了
I don't want to loss these, too.
等着瞧吧
You'll see.
这次它们能活下来
They will be viable this time.
我们都知道新品系想要成功有多难
We all know how hard it is to succeed with a new strain.
并且蓝得恰到好处
And the blue is just perfect.
如果这些植株最后能够存活
If these plants prove to be capable of survival,
我们可能会比预期更早进入
we could enter the production phase
生产阶段
sooner than we thought.
花房♥公♥司♥
温度控制 七号♥培育厅
爱丽丝 你有空吗
Alice, do you have a minute?