贝洛咬了贝拉
Bello bit Bella.
我只是想摸摸它
I just wanted to stroke him and...
那条狗不是我的贝洛
That dog isn't my Bello.
不可能是 贝洛绝对不会这么做
That can't be. Bello would never do something like this.
或许它病了
Maybe the dog's sick.
你不明白
You don't understand.
那不是我的狗
That is not my dog.
贝拉有什么问题
What's the matter with Bella?
她那么...
She's so...
或许我该解释一下 贝拉...
Maybe I should explain that Bella...
该怎么说呢
How should I put it?
她有过心理问题
She's had psychological issues.
什么意思
What do you mean?
她曾尝试自杀
She tried to kill herself.
她请病假歇了将近一年
She was on sick leave for almost a year.
所谓的"累坏了"
A so-called "burn-out".
你来这里之前她刚刚回来
And she only returned, just before you started here.
卡尔让她做他的助手
And Karl took her on as his assistant,
但对她来说并不容易
but it wasn't so easy for her.
试图恢复工作 还被降级了
Trying to resume work while being downgraded.
她过去是这里最优秀的植物育种师之一
She used to be one of the best plant breeders here,
而现在
and now...
因为各种药物之类的
What with the medication and so on,
她不再是原来那个她了
she's just not the same person that she used to be.
当然我们不该有偏见
Of course, one shouldn't be prejudiced.
我绝对不会评判她
And I would be the last person to judge her.
所以她的权限才被限制吗
Is that why she has restricted access?
请给我咖喱和米饭
Could I please have the curry and the rice?
塞尔玛
呆子
你好 小小乔
Hi, Little Joe.
对不起 亲爱的
I'm sorry darling.
我等不及今晚了
I can't wait for tonight.
是的
Yes.
也很高兴见到你 伙计
Great to see you too, pal.
我各处的同事 是的
My work colleagues, everywhere, yes.
你要怎么让我笑
How would you put a smile on my face?
我已经明白你说的...
I can see what you mean already about...
你真的给好莱坞大人物写信吗
Is this true, that you write to Hollywood greats?
没错 过去常写
Yeah! I do. I used to, yeah.
你收到过回信吗
And did you get any response?
收到过 我曾写信给鲍勃·霍普
Yes, I wrote to Bob Hope...
收到了他的签名
I got an autograph from him.
还有詹姆斯·斯图尔特
I wrote to James Stewart...
我们点外卖♥♥吧
Let's order some takeaway, hmm?
我吃过了
I've already eaten.
你都不会相信那是我的亲身经历
You wouldn't believe that from my own experience.
别给我写信
Well, don't write to me!
祝你今晚好运
Good luck tonight.
非常感谢你 史蒂夫
Thank you very much, Steven.
希望你能赢多钱
I hope you win a lot of money.
我也希望
I hope so too.
贝洛呢
Where's Bello?
那已经不是我的狗了
That wasn't my dog anymore.
你把它怎么...
What did you...
我把它送去安乐死了
I had him put down.
那条狗不是我的狗
That dog was not my dog.
什么意思
What do you mean?
等着瞧吧
You'll see.
爱丽丝
Alice.
我们得谈谈
We need to talk.
拜托 这很重要
Please. It's important.
现在吗
Now?
贝洛就像我的孩子
Bello was like a child to me.
你肯定明白那种感觉
I'm sure you can understand what that feels like.
失去一个孩子
To lose a child.
什么 你在说什么
What? What are you talking about?
你能想象吗
Can you imagine that?
你爱的人 比如乔
Somebody you love. Joe for example.
有一天 乔不再是乔了
One day, Joe isn't Joe anymore.
他样子没变
He looks the same,
甚至表现也和原来一样 但是...
he even acts like the same old Joe but...
他不是乔了
he isn't Joe.
-某种东西改变了他 -什么东西
- Something's changed him. - Like what?
小小乔
Little Joe.
起初我以为可能是小小乔花粉里的过敏源
At first, I thought it might've been allergens in Little Joe's pollen
引起了贝洛的反应
that triggered a reaction in Bello.
然后呢
Well?
兽医在安乐死前给贝洛做了血液检查
The vet did blood tests before he put Bello down.
一无所获
Nothing.
没有抗体 没有组胺
No antibodies, no histamines.
他找不出任何异常
He couldn't find anything unusual.
或许根本就没问题
Well, then maybe there was nothing wrong.
我真的不那么认为
I really don't think that.
毕竟我们只会找到想要寻找的东西
After all, we only ever find what we're looking for.
兽医说他认为贝洛可能是老年痴呆
The vet said he thought Bello might have senile dementia.
听起来不无道理
Well, that sounds quite reasonable.
我认为是小小乔的花粉引发了什么
I think it's Little Joe's pollen that's triggered something.
或许不是过敏
Not an allergy perhaps.
-而是别的什么 -比如呢
- But something else. - Like what?
看这个
Look here.
大脑通路
花粉通过鼻腔
The pollen comes through the nose
到达嗅觉受体
onto the olfactory receptors.
然后嗅觉信息直接传到
And then the olfactory information goes straight
大脑边缘系统
into the limbic system.
正是大脑影响我们情感
The very part of the brain where it influences our feelings,
行为 个性的部分
our behavior, our personalities.
也是催产素引发作用的部分
And where that oxytocin of yours triggers its effect.
不管改变贝洛的是花粉中的什么成分
Whatever it is that is in that pollen that changed Bello,
都是作用于这个部位
that is where it happened.
你能别把贝洛的问题
Will you please stop blaming Little Joe
怪到小小乔身上吗
for whatever was wrong with Bello?
怪小小乔
Blame Little Joe?
我们说的是一种植物 对吧
We're talking about a plant, aren't we?
如果要怪谁 也是怪你
If anyone is to blame, it's you.
你没注意到克里斯的变化吗
Haven't you notice how Chris has changed?
没有
No.
我感觉他也被感染了
I have the feeling he's infected too.
感染
Infected?
被小小乔的花粉
From Little Joe's pollen.
克里斯会不计一切代价维护小小乔
Chris will defend Little Joe at any price.
为什么不呢
And why shouldn't he?
我也会维护小小乔
I will defend Little Joe as well
因为我对他有责任
because I am responsible for him.
那你是个好母亲
So, you are a good mother.
但你会选择哪个孩子
But which of your children will you choose?
她说的有可能吗
And could she be right?
当然不可能 我亲自做的基因工程
Of course not. I did the genetic engineering myself
我知道自己在做什么
and I know what I'm doing.
那好 没什么可担心的
Fine. Then there's nothing to worry about.
你的同事只是想象小小乔改变了她的狗
Your colleague is just imagining Little Joe changed her dog.
嗯 我觉得她有点...
Yeah. I think she's a little...
精神失常
unbalanced.
你的同事可能是
Possibly, your colleague is projecting
把内心矛盾投射到外在世界
some inner conflicts onto the outside world,
结果她所处环境中某些元素
and, consequently, elements of her environment
让她觉得变化了
strike her as changed.
嗯 肯定是这样
Yeah. That must be it.
而且克里斯也不是被感染了
Chris isn't infected either.
你的同事是那么说的吗
Is that what your colleague said?
是的 但他只是想保护这种植物