我想说 能够与你共事
I just wanted to say that I feel really...
令我非常骄傲与激动
proud and excited to be working with you.
不要期望过高
Don't expect too much.
不 我...
No, I'm...
我确信这种植物会大获成功
convinced that this plant is gonna be a huge success.
你说是就是吧
If you say so.
你愿意...
Would you...
下班后一起喝一杯如何
How about, um, a drink after work?
不行 我赶时间
No. I have to run.
你能把日志写完吗
Could you finish the logbook?
另外再检查一下生长灯的定时
And double-check the timing of the grow lamps.
-真是麻烦你了 -没问题
- That would be so nice of you. - Sure.
遵命 长官
Aye, aye, sir.
看看我给你带了什么
Look, what I have for you!
这不违规吗
Is that allowed?
我是说
I mean...
不让别人知道就行
No one has to know.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
喜欢
Yeah.
-这里真热 -对
- It's really hot in here. - Yes.
它需要保持温暖
It needs to be warm.
这是个非常特别的品种
This is a very special breed.
你得好好照顾它
You have to take good care of it.
保暖
Keep it warm.
跟它说话
Talk to it.
真的吗
Really?
对 这是个生命
Yeah, it's a living being.
它需要照料和感情
It needs attention and affection.
它有什么特别的
What's so special about it?
它能让你快乐
It makes you happy.
我们叫它小小乔如何
What do you say we call him Little Joe?
你好 小小乔
Hi, Little Joe.
你好 小小乔
Hi, Little Joe.
欢迎
Welcome.
看起来不妙
Doesn't look good.
见鬼 你看看
Oh, damn. Look at that.
活不下来了
They won't make it.
我们设计的小小乔是不能繁殖的
We designed Little Joe to be sterile.
它的花粉没法产出种子
So, the pollen isn't able to produce seeds.
如果花粉落到雌蕊上 就会死亡
If the pollen falls on female stigma, it dies
不会制♥造♥任何能够存活的子株
without creating any sustainable offspring.
我们这样编辑
We engineered it
是为了植物香味最大化
so the plants can maximize production of scent.
为什么它能散发这么多花粉
Why did it emit pollen in such quantities?
就仿佛有自我意志一样
As if they had a will of their own.
也许这是雄蕊对自身不育的一种反应
Perhaps, it's a reaction of the male plant to its infertility.
也许 也许
Perhaps, perhaps.
也许你犯了错 事情失控了
Perhaps you made a mistake and things got out of control.
害死了好几株我的闪电二号♥
And now several of my Flash2's have died.
我不认为这和小小乔的花粉
I hardly think that has got anything to do
有任何关系
with Little Joe's pollen.
闪电一号♥也没存活多久
I mean, Flash1 didn't last long either.
我想知道你是怎么做到的
What I'd like to know is how you did it?
我们一直都无法对植物做出
None of us have ever succeeded in manipulating a plant
这种程度的改动
to such an extent.
或者是你没有把规章制度
Or perhaps you took a rather relaxed approach
太放在心上
to the regulations.
对于某些新方法的使用
Well, there's been more than enough discussion
我们已经讨论得够多了
about deploying certain new methods.
无疑 它们极其有效
And no doubt, they're extremely efficient.
但你肯定知道
But as I'm sure you know,
我们还没有获得使用它们的批准
their use has not yet been approved.
我对新病毒载体的争议
I am well aware of the controversy
一清二楚
over the new virus vectors.
如果你指的就是这个
If that is what you're hinting at.
理所当然 我使用的是常规载体
Yeah. And naturally, I used the usual vectors.
可是为什么它不能繁殖
But why is it sterile?
你为什么把它设计成不能繁殖的
Why did you design the plant to be infertile?
这不符合自然
It's not natural.
繁殖能力赋予了每一个生命存在的意义
The ability to reproduce is what gives every living being meaning.
如果你质疑这点 那你就入错行了
Well if you're questioning that, you're in the wrong profession.
想要阻止植物繁衍生息
As if it were possible to prevent a plant from reproducing itself
简直是不可能
and thus ensuring its own survival.
这种植物也会遵循自己的使命
And this plant will follow its purpose, too.
现在的关键问题是
What is really important here,
它的花粉中可能存在过敏源
is the possible allergens in this pollen.
那会成为拱手送给绿色和平组织的大礼
I mean that would be an absolute gift to the Greenpeacers.
基因工程植物散布未知过敏源
A genetically engineered plant spreading unknown allergens.
想想吧
Hello?
在进一步通知前都戴上口罩
We all wear face masks until further notice.
贝洛 贝洛
Bello. Bello.
你想要这个吗 想要吗
Do you want this? Do you want this?
去捡
Fetch!
快来 贝洛
Come on, Bello!
快
Come on!
棒
Yeah!
快来 快来 快来
Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on.
肯定是因为它们的花粉
It must be their pollen.
操
Fuck.
祝你周末愉快
So have a lovely weekend.
代我向乔问好
And say hi to Joe from me.
乔不在家 在他爸爸那里
Joe isn't home; he's with his father.
-嗯 -今晚可以一起喝一杯吗
- So... - So, how about a drink tonight?
说不好
I don't know.
你工作太辛苦了 我们都是
You've been working so hard. We both have.
你不觉得我们可以换换环境吗
We could do with a change of scenery, don't you think?
好吧
All right.
贝洛不见了 我到处找不到它
Bello has vanished. I can't find him anywhere.
它从没离开过我
He's never left me before.
它肯定会出现的
I'm sure he'll turn up.
万一有人把它锁在温室了呢
What if someone's locked him in the greenhouse?
我去看看
I'll go and have a look.
你待着别走
You stay here.
-晚安 -晚安
- Night. - Night.
贝洛
Bello!
过来 狗狗
Here boy!
操
Fuck!
他住在一个荒无人烟的地方
He lives in this house in the middle of nowhere.
他是真正的独行侠
He's a real lone wolf.
你知道吗
And you know what?
伊凡对各种花粉都严重过敏
Ivan is hyper-allergic to all sorts of pollen.
听起来不像你的完美对象
Doesn't sound like your perfect match.
你真的需要一个
You know, you really need someone
会理解并尊重你的天赋的人
who's gonna understand and respect your talent.
你说是就是吧
If you say so.
不过必要时也会反抗你
But who'll stand up to you, if necessary!
我觉得乔喜欢你
I think that Joe likes you.
他认为你我是彼此的完美对象
He has this idea that you and I would be the perfect match.
我也喜欢乔
Yeah, I like Joe too.
我去拿酒
I'll get the drinks.
贝洛 你在这儿啊
Bello. There you are.
贝洛 贝洛
Bello, Bello.
宝贝
Darling?
宝贝 怎么了
Darling, what's the matter?
贝洛
Bello.
来妈妈这里
Come to Mummy.
怎么了
What's wrong?
贝洛
Bello.
贝洛
Bello.
宝贝 宝贝
My darling. My darling.