Who? Why, Mr. Rochester, of course.
不来个信就骑马闯回来
Rode in on us suddenly without any warning,
还那么满脸不高兴
and in such a vile humor.
他好像摔伤了 叫我有什么办法
Seems he had an accident. I don't know what to do.
他不肯让我去请大夫
He won't let me send for the doctor.
哦 天哪 你的帽子
Oh, my goodness, your bonnet.
爱尔小姐来了 先生
Here is Miss Eyre, sir.
啊 爱尔小姐 你哑巴啦?
Well, Miss Eyre, have you no tongue?
我在等你问话 先生 很有分寸
I was waiting until I was spoken to. Very proper.
下次你见到有人骑马过来
Next time you see a man on a horse,
就别在路当中逛
don't run into the road till he's passed.
我确实不是故意的
It was not deliberate.
也许不是故意的 可叫人不好受
It may not have been deliberate, it was nonetheless painful.
坐下 爱尔小姐
Sit down, Miss Eyre.
你从哪儿来?诺沃德学校 先生
Where do you come from? From Lowood Institution, sir.
诺沃德?那是什么?
Lowood? What's that?
慈善学校 我在那儿待了10年
It's a charity school. I was there 10 years.
10年 你生命力一定很强
Ten years. You must be tenacious of life.
怪不得你不像这个世上的人
No wonder you have rather the look of another world.
我奇怪你会有这副长相
I marveled where you got that sort of face.
你一出现在迷雾中 我就想到童话里的人物
When you came on me in the mist, I was thinking of fairy tales.
我想你是不是用魔法迷住了我的马
Half a mind to demand whether you'd bewitched my horse.
真的 我还拿不准
Indeed, I'm not sure yet.
你父母是谁?都不在了 先生
Who are your parents? I have none, sir.
你有家吗?我没家 先生
And your home? I have no home, sir.
谁介绍你来的?
Who recommended you here?
费尔菲克斯太太看了我的广♥告♥聘我来
I advertised and Mrs. Fairfax answered the advertisement.
啊 你忙着赶来就是要把我摔下马
Heh, and you came posthaste to be here in time to throw me off my horse.
在学校学过什么?你会弹琴吗?
Hmm. What did you learn at Lowood? Do you play the piano?
会一点
A little.
当然喽 这是按常规答话
Of course, it is the established answer.
到客厅去
Go into the drawing room.
我是说请你去
I mean, if you please.
原谅我的口气 我习惯命令人家做
Excuse my tone of command. I'm used to saying, "Do this," and it is done.
我不能因为新来个人改变习惯
I cannot alter my customary habits for one new inmate.
拿着蜡烛 把门开着
Take a candle with you, leave the door open.
走到钢琴那儿弹支曲子
Sit down at the piano and play a tune.
够啦
Enough!
我看你是会一点 跟英国女学生一样
You play a little, I see. Like any other English schoolgirl.
也许比有的人好点
Perhaps rather better than some.
可还是不行
But not well.
晚安 爱尔小姐
Good night, Miss Eyre.
晚安
Good night.
桑菲尔德的主人是怎么个人
What sort of man was this master of Thornfield...
这样傲慢 粗暴 爱挖苦人
so proud, sardonic and harsh?
我本能地感到他暴♥力♥的性情
Instinctively I felt that his malignant mood
是从他残酷的不幸命运中产生的
had its source in some cruel cross of fate.
后来我认识到这种感觉是对的
I was to learn that this was indeed true,
在他那严酷粗暴外表后面
and that beneath the harsh mask he assumed
埋着一颗痛苦的 善良的 温柔和仁慈的灵魂
lay a tortured soul, fine, gentle and kindly.
格蕾丝 你在想什么?
Grace, what are you thinking about?
我说过多少次了 我能听到屋里的声音
I told you time and again I could hear you all over the house.
太响了 格蕾丝
Too much noise, Grace.
我早嘱咐过你
I've spoken to you before.
你别不安 亲爱的
Did I disturb you, my dear?
很抱歉 有些事我不跟格雷斯普尔说不行
I'm so sorry. I had to say something to Grace Poole.
她是给我们干针线活的
She's a person we have to do the sewing.
她有点惹人讨厌 可是活儿不错
Not altogether unobjectionable, but she does her work.
你觉得罗切斯特先生怎么样 亲爱的?
How did you get on with Mr. Rochester, my dear?
他一向这样粗暴好变吗?
Is he always so changeful and abrupt?
哦 他的脾气确实有点怪僻
Well, he has his little peculiarities of temper, of course...
不过对他应该多原谅点
but then, allowances should be made.
为什么对他要多原谅点?
Why for him more than for anyone else?
一方面 这是他的天性
Partly because that's his nature.
再一方面 因为他内心有痛苦
And partly, too, because he has painful thoughts.
哪方面的?家庭烦恼
What about? Family troubles.
我想这就是他不常来这儿住的原因
I think that's why he so seldom comes to Thornfield.
这儿会使他想起许多不愉快的事
It has unpleasant associations for him.
晚安 亲爱的
Good night, my dear.
晚安 费尔菲克斯太太
Good night, Mrs. Fairfax.
罗切斯特先生是挺难办的
Monsieur Rochester is very difficult,
可他带给我的礼物真漂亮
but he brings the most beautiful presents.
你瞧瞧 小姐 小姐
Look, mademoiselle. Mademoiselle.
你看 我真好看极了
You see, they suit me perfectly.
这套衣服跟妈妈常穿的一样
A ballet dress, just like Mama used to wear.
你说这漂亮吗 小姐?
Isn't it beautiful, mademoiselle?
漂亮 阿黛勒 我跳舞就穿它 总这样
Beautiful, Adele. I shall wear it when I dance. Always, heh.
爱尔小姐
Miss Eyre.
先生 我非常感谢你 先生
够啦 孩子 够啦
That's enough, I daresay.
爱尔小姐
Miss Eyre.
我不爱听孩子的废话
I'm not fond of the prattle of children.
像我这样脾气坏的老单身汉
As you see, I'm a crusty old bachelor...
听了孩子咬舌的话 不会有愉快的联想
and I have no pleasant associations connected with their lisp.
这屋里除了听孩子的罗嗦
In this house, the only alternative is
只有听一个头脑简单的老太太的嘟囔
the prattle of a simple-minded old lady which is nearly as bad.
今天我有点喜欢热闹 想谈谈
Today I feel disposed to be gregarious...
我相信你能给我解闷
and communicative and I believe you could amuse me.
那天晚上在书房♥里 我可真识不透你 爱尔小姐
You puzzled me a great deal that first evening in the library, Miss Eyre.
后来我几乎忘记你啦
I'd almost forgotten you since...
现在我决定松驰一下 干我爱干的事
but now I'm resolved to be at ease, to do only what pleases me.
现在我爱干的就是逗你开口 多了解你
It would please me now to draw you out, to learn more of you.
坐下 爱尔小姐
Sit down, Miss Eyre.
不 别离那么远 坐这儿来 我定好的
No, not further back. Down just here, where I placed it.
再往前点 还是太远
Uh, forward a little. Still too far back.
我坐这儿 要是不挪动坐的姿势就看不见你
I can't see you without disturbing my position in this comfortable chair...
可我又不愿意动
which I have no mind to do.
你在看我 爱尔小姐
You examine me, Miss Eyre.
看我漂亮吗?不 先生
Do you find me handsome? No, sir.
的确
Indeed.
请原谅 我太直率了 不应该这样回答你
I beg your pardon, I was too plain. My answer was a mistake.
对 得作个令人满意的回答
Just so, and you shall be answerable for it. Now, then, explain.
说吧 我的前额讨厌吗?
Does my forehead not please you?
我的头怎么样?是傻瓜?
What do you tell from my head? Am I a fool?
不 先生 完全不是
No, sir, far from it.
你会说我是和蔼可亲的人吗?
Would you say it is the head of a kindly man?
不太会 先生
Hardly that, sir. Very well, madam.
我不是个和蔼可亲的人
I am not a kindly man.
可是我也曾经有过一种温柔的心肠
Though I did once have a sort of tenderness of heart.
你信吗?信
You doubt that? No, sir.
后来命运捉弄得我像揉面似的
Fortune's knocked me about, kneaded me with her knuckles...
现在 我发现自己硬得像个橡皮球
till now I flatter myself I am as hard and tough as an India-rubber ball...
也许只在当中还留下一点软的地方
with perhaps one small sensitive point in the middle of the lump.
是给我的希望吧 什么希望?
Does that leave hope for me? Hope of what, sir?
让坚硬的橡皮球重新转变为有血肉的人
My retransformation from India rubber back to flesh.
看来你有些困惑 小姐
You look very puzzled, young lady.
可你困惑的神态倒挺美
And a puzzled air becomes you.
你那锐利的眼光别老盯着我的脸
Besides, it keeps those searching eyes of yours away from my face.
爱尔小姐 是倔强
You are silent, Miss Eyre. Stubborn?
不 是生气了
No, annoyed, and quite rightly so.
是的 我的要求不合情理
I put my request in an absurd way.
可事实上我并不想把你当个下人来对待
The fact is, once and for all, I do not wish to treat you as an inferior.
不过 我跟许多国家的人打过交道
But I've battled through a varied experience with men of many nations...
我漫游了半个地球 而你只不过是
roamed over half the globe, while you've spent your whole life...
跟同一个屋子里的人消磨时光
with one set of people in one house.
你不同意我有权利可以专横粗暴一点
Don't you agree that gives me a right to be masterful and abrupt?
全听尊便
Do as you please, sir.
你一年付我30英镑 就是为了听你的命令
You pay me 30 pounds a year for receiving your orders.
30英镑 这我早忘了
Thirty pounds? I'd quite forgotten that, heh.
你是由于雇佣关系
Well, heh, on that mercenary ground,
同意我对你粗暴?
won't you agree to let me hector you a little?
电影精选列表