片名:简爱
我名叫简爱
My name is Jane Eyre.
生在1820年 正是英国处于严峻的变革时代
I was born in 1820, a harsh time of change in England.
金钱和地位主宰一切
Money and position seemed all that mattered.
慈善只是个冷酷和讨厌的字眼
Charity was a cold and disagreeable word.
宗教也常常显得十分僵化和残忍♥
Religion too often wore a mask of bigotry and cruelty.
贫穷和不幸的人无处容身
There was no proper place for the poor of the unfortunate.
我没有父亲 母亲 兄弟姐妹
I had no father or mother, brother or sister.
童年时 我跟里德舅母住在格特海特
As a child I lived with my aunt, Mrs Reed of Gateshead Hall.
她从来没有好声好气地对我说过一句话
I do not remember that she ever spoke one kind word to me.
当心 贝茜 她咬人
Careful, Bessie. She bites.
出来吧 简爱
Come on out, Jane Eyre.
里德太太要你到客厅去见她
Mrs. Reed wants to see you in the drawing room.
你敲门哪 敲门 别吓唬她
Go on, knock. Knock. Don't bully the child.
进来
Come in.
布洛克赫斯特先生 这就是我说的那个孩子
This, Mr. Brocklehurst, is the child in question.
她是先夫妹妹的女儿
She's the daughter of my late husband's sister.
是我们家一桩最不称心的婚姻的孽种
By an unfortunate union, which we in the family prefer to forget.
她在我们家住了多年了
For some years she's lived in this house.
我看得很清楚 这孩子...
The recipient, I can clearly see, of every care...
是受到了一个仁爱的恩人最慷慨的关怀
which her loving benefactress could lavish upon her.
过来 小姑娘
Come here, little girl.
叫什么名字?简爱 先生
What is your name? Jane Eyre, sir.
我说简爱 你是好孩子吗?
Well, Jane Eyre, and are you a good child?
这个问题还是少谈为好 什么
The less said on that subject the better. Indeed.
今儿个早晨 她就蛮不讲理的打她的表弟
Only this morning she struck her little cousin most brutally...
谁也没惹她
and without provocation.
这话不对 是他先打我 简 住口
That isn't true! He hit me first. Jane. Silence!
约翰宝贝 是你先打她吗?我没打 妈妈
John, dear, did you strike her first? No indeed, Mama.
你别想赖 把我打在地上 头都给你打出血来了
You did. You knocked me down and hit my head and made it bleed!
没打 你打啦
I did not! You did!
住口 打啦打啦
Silence! You did! You did!
我不愿意听你胡说八道
I won't listen to your odious lies.
你知道 布洛克赫斯特先生 她很凶 坏透了
You see, Mr. Brocklehurst, how passionate and wicked she is.
确实如此
I do indeed.
过来 孩子
Come here, child.
我们应该谈谈
You and I must have some talk.
看到坏孩子是使人感到难受的
No sight so sad as that of a wicked child.
你知道恶人死后去哪儿?
Do you know where the wicked go after death?
他们下地狱
They go to hell.
地狱是什么?就是火坑
And what is hell? A pit full of fire.
那你愿不愿意掉进那火坑里 让火永远烧你?
And should you like to fall into that pit and be burning there forever?
不 先生 那你怎么躲开那火呢
No, sir. Then what must you do to avoid it?
我一定要不生病 不死
I must keep in good health and not die.
比你小 每天还有死的呢
But children younger than you die daily.
我们上星期就埋葬了个五岁的孩子
Only last week we buried a little child of 5.
是个好孩子 他灵魂升♥天♥了
A good little child whose soul is now in heaven.
那你的灵魂呢 简爱?
But what of your soul?
我不明白为什么我不会升♥天♥
I don't see why it shouldn't go to heaven too.
你不明白
You don't see.
可别人都明白 是吗 里德太太?
But others see clearly enough, do they not?
听说过诺沃德吗?没有
You have heard the name of Lowood? No, sir.
它是一个专为孤儿办的学校
It is a school for unfortunate orphans.
周围有一英里
My estate lies within a mile...
我是董事长 在管理上花了不少工夫
and as chairman of the board, I spend much time in its supervision.
你愿意去吗 小姑娘?
Would you like to go there, little girl?
你是说 我不再住这儿啦?
You mean not live here anymore?
我不知道里德舅母怎么说
I don't know what Aunt Reed would say.
就是你的恩人里德舅母想让你去
It was your kind benefactress who suggested the plan.
愿意去吗?是的 先生
Do you wish to go? Yes, sir.
你的选择很聪明 非常聪明
You've made a wise choice. Wiser than you know.
你该祈求上帝去掉你那石头的心
And now you must pray God to take away your heart of stone...
使你能温顺 谦卑 痛改前非
and make you meek and humble and penitent.
尽管放心 里德太太
And you may rest assured, Mrs. Reed...
我们将尽力把自己献给万能的主
we shall do our best to collaborate with the Almighty.
贝茜 什么?
Bessie. Yes, Jane?
我做梦也没想到 没等我长大就能离开这儿
I never dreamt I'd get away from here till I was quite grown up.
离开可怜的老贝茜 你不难过吗?
Won't you even be sorry to leave your poor old Bessie?
贝茜关心我什么?老是骂我 老是罚我
What does Bessie care for me? She's always scolding and punishing.
说真的 离开你有点难过
All the same, I am rather sorry to be leaving you.
有点难过 就这些?
"Rather sorry." Is that all?
我看如果让你亲我一下
And I suppose if I asked you to give me a kiss,
你会不愿意的
you'd say you would rather not.
我愿意 来吧 贝茜
I'll kiss you, and welcome, Bessie.
你是个古怪的孤独的小东西
You're such a strange, solitary little thing.
给你个纪念品 简 它会使你想起我
Here's a keepsake, Jane. It'll help you remember me.
快点走吧
Come on, hurry up.
做个好孩子 我希望你幸福
Be a good girl. And I hope you'll be happy.
谢谢 贝茜 再见
Thank you, Bessie. Goodbye.
再见
Goodbye, Jane.
再见 里德太太 我恨你 恨你的一切
Goodbye, Mrs. Reed! I hate you and everything about you!
我长大了决不来看你
I'll never come and see you again!
我永远不再叫你一声舅母
I'll never call you "aunt" as long as I live!
要是有人问我 你待我怎么样
And if anyone asks me how you treated me...
我就说 你又坏 又卑鄙 又尖刻
I'll say you are bad and hardhearted and mean.
一看见你就叫我恶心
And the very sight of you makes me sick!
在学校里 我要上图画课
At school I shall have drawing lessons and French lessons...
法文课 历史课 跟音乐课
and history and music lessons.
还跟好多女孩子一起玩
And there'll be hundreds of other girls to play with.
那么 你这学校叫什么名字?
And, uh, what's the name of this school of yours?
它叫诺沃德 诺沃德?
It's called Lowood. Lowood?
诺沃德
Lowood.
诺沃德学校
好 到了 她睡了好几个钟头了
Here you are. She's been asleep for hours.
赶车吧 比尔
Right away, Bill.
我早上醒来 发现我对诺沃德的美梦都破灭了
I was to awaken in the morning to find my dreams of Lowood shattered.
代替那些美梦的是 学校像一座监狱
In their place was to stand a school that was more like a prison,
被布洛克赫斯特先生的冷酷凶残统治着
Dominated by the cold, implacable cruelty of Mr. Brocklehurst.
孩子们
Pupils.
你们看这个人
Observe this child.
年纪还小 体形也跟一般儿童一样
She is yet young. She possesses the ordinary form of girlhood.
没有一点缺陷 表明她跟常人不一般
No single deformity points her out as a marked character.
但是谁会相信 魔鬼已经发现她是他们的一个奴仆
Who would believe that the evil one had already found in her a servant...
一个替身?
and an agent?
说来痛心 但事情就是这样
Yet such, I grieve to tell you, is the case.
因此 你们一定要提防她
Therefore, you must be on your guard against her.
别学她的样子 别跟她作伴 不让她参加你们的游戏
Shun her example, avoid her company, exclude her from your sports...
也不让她跟你们说话
and shut her out from your converse.
教师们 你们要监视她
Teachers! You must watch her.
辨别她说的话 注意她的行动
Weigh well her words and scrutinize her actions.
惩罚她的肉体来拯救她的灵魂
Punish her body to save her soul.
不过我要提醒你们 我说这话也真有点心寒
For it is my duty to warn you, and my tongue falters as I tell it...
这个孩子 这女孩生在基♥督♥教国家
that this girl, this child, the native of a Christian land...
可是她比那些小异教♥徒♥
no better than many a little heathen that says its prayers...
跪在印度教大神面前 向梵天祈祷的人还不如
to Brahma and kneels before Juggernaut.
她喜欢撒谎
This girl is a liar!
所有的人都不准跟她说话 让她站着
Let her remain on that stool. Let no one speak to her for the rest of the day.
我们吃过晚饭了 我给你带来的
I brought you this from supper.
你没听见他说吗?
Didn't you hear what he said?
叫你们大家都不要理我
He said you mustn't have anything to do with me.
拿着 你拿着
Go on, take it.
我不坏 跟你说 我不坏
I'm not bad. I promise I'm not.
但是我恨他 恨他 恨人是不对的
But I hate him. I hate him! It's wrong to hate people.
我没法不恨
I can't help it.
我本来以为在学校里人们会爱我
I thought school would be a place where people would love me.
我需要人们爱我 相信我 好好待我
I want people to love me and believe in me and be kind to me.
只要有人肯爱我 就是折断我的胳膊
I'd let my arm be broken if it would make anyone love me.
让马来踢我 牛来撞我都行
Or let a horse kick me. Or be tossed by a bull.
别说这种话 我要说 我要说
Don't say such things. But I would. I would!
吃面包吧
Eat your bread, Jane.
哦 仁慈的主啊 您是多么的宽宏大量
O merciful Providence, who, of thy generous plenty...
电影精选列表