让土地有丰富果实 使我们得以生存
doth give us the abundant fruits of the field for our sustenance...
为此 我们心中虽然已经是万般感激
grant us that though we are duly and properly grateful...
但我们还恳求您能使我们的心灵永
for this our earthly food, yet our hearts may be more lastingly fixed...
远向往您的天国 阿门
upon thy heavenly manner. Amen.
海伦 这条路通向哪儿?
Helen, where does that road go?
我跟你说过 通向布拉德
I told you before. To Bradford.
那过了布拉德呢?
But after Bradford?
大概就到德贝 诺丁汉和伦敦
Derby, I suppose. And Nottingham and then London.
从伦敦到多威尔 跨过大海去法国
From London to Dover and across the sea to France...
然后翻山越岭去意大利
and then over the mountains and down to Italy...
佛罗伦萨 罗马和穆德里
and to Florence and Rome and Madrid...
穆德里不在意大利 简
Madrid isn't in Italy, Jane.
这条路也一样通
That road goes there all the same.
等我们长大了 海伦 我们沿着它走
And we'll drive along it one day when we're grown up, Helen...
乘一辆漂亮的马车
in a lovely coach and four.
那时候 我也会有你那样美丽的卷发
And I'll have beautiful curly hair just like yours.
我会读遍全世界的书
And I'll have read all the books in the world...
我还会弹钢琴 讲♥法♥语 都要和你一样好
and I'll play the piano and talk French almost as well as you do.
又在梦想了 简? 哦 里弗斯大夫
Dreaming again, Jane? Oh, Dr. Rivers.
我知道检查身体准有人迟到
Somebody's gonna be late for inspection.
不 这次我比你先到
Not this time. I'll beat you there.
咳嗽不见好转哪 海伦
That cough doesn't seem any better, Helen.
得好好治一治
We'll have to take care of it.
谢谢
Thank you.
你把教室弄得太冷了 布洛克赫斯特先生
You keep your schoolroom uncommonly cold, Mr. Brocklehurst.
这是原则 里弗斯大夫
A matter of principle, Dr. Rivers.
我们的目的不是养生 而是拯救灵魂
Our aim is not to pamper the body, but to strengthen the soul.
我很难相信严重咳嗽会有助于拯救灵魂
I should hardly have thought that a bad cough was any aid to salvation.
不过 我不是神学家 再见 先生
Then, I'm not a theologian. Good day, sir.
先生 我想跟您说
If I may venture an opinion...
我想听的时候会问你的 小姐
When I want your opinion, madam, I shall call for it.
低一点 下巴抬得太难看啦 低下去
Johnson, you poke your chin most unpleasantly. Draw it in.
还有你 你把头抬得高一点
Edwards, I insist on your holding your head up.
记住 不准以这种姿势站在我面前
I will not have you stand before me in that attitude.
斯盖查德小姐 快给我拿把剪子来
Miss Scatcherd! Fetch me the scissors immediately.
我想问一问 这是什么意思?
What, may I ask, is the meaning of this?
为什么无视本校的一切教规和戒律
Why, in defiance of every precept and principle of this establishment...
允许这个孩子的头上留着一头卷发
is this young person permitted to wear her hair in curls?
她是天生的卷发
Her hair curls naturally.
斯盖查德小姐 我说过多少遍
Miss Scatcherd, how often must I tell you...
这儿不能随从世俗
we are not here to conform to nature?
我愿意她们都是受神恩的孩子
I want these girls to be children of grace.
别剪 别剪 先生 别剪
Please, please, sir, don't do that.
你剪我的 随你剪多少 但是…
You can cut mine as much as you wish, but...
住口
Silence!
这种风气在诺沃德流行了
So this is the spirit that prevails at Lowood.
先是虚荣 这会儿是反抗
First vanity, and now insurrection.
必须彻底铲除
It shall be rooted out.
虚荣
反抗
里弗斯大夫
Dr. Rivers.
这油是给海伦的 让她用这个擦胸部
I brought this oil for Helen. I want her chest rubbed with it.
给海伦 大夫?
Helen, doctor?
我很担心她的肺呀 我跟布洛克赫斯特先生
Yes, I'm concerned about her lungs. I've spoken to Mr. Bro...
天哪 这两个孩子在雨里干什么?
What are they doing out in the rain?
布洛克赫斯特先生的命令
It was Mr. Brocklehurst's order.
快领她们进来
Bring them in.
我跟他怎么说呢?
What shall I say to Mr. Brocklehurst?
你就请他来找我好了
You will refer Mr. Brocklehurst to me.
里弗斯大夫 请允许我再为她作次祈祷
With your leave, Dr. Rivers, I shall offer up one more prayer.
全能的主啊 怜悯这个不幸的罪人
Almighty God, look down upon this miserable sinner...
容许她认识自己的过错
and grant that the sense of her weakness...
坚定她的信念 增强她忏悔的虔诚性
may give strength to her faith and seriousness to her repentance.
阿门
Amen.
主的意旨是难以理解的 里弗斯大夫
The ways of Providence are inscrutable, Dr. Rivers.
是主让那个可怜的女孩在雨里淋吗?
Was it Providence that sent that poor girl in the rain?
是主的命令让她去死吗?
Was it Providence that ordered her to her death?
让她去死吗 布洛克赫斯特先生
Yes, to her death, Mr. Brocklehurst.
海伦
Helen.
海伦
Helen.
哦 我很高兴 我听见里弗斯大夫说
Oh, I'm so glad. I heard Dr. Rivers say...
我本来怕 我现在不怕 简
I was afraid. I'm not afraid, Jane.
海伦
Helen.
海伦
Helen.
你一定很冷 你快躺下来吧 盖上点
You must be cold. Lie down and cover yourself up.
别哭 简 我不愿意你哭
Don't cry, Jane. I don't want you to cry.
现在暖和吗?暖和
Are you warm now? Yes.
晚安 简
Good night, Jane.
晚安 海伦
Good night, Helen.
我真希望 海伦 没剪你头发
I... I do wish they hadn't cut your hair.
海伦
Helen.
你醒了吗?
Are you awake?
天亮了
It's morning.
海伦
Helen!
简 走吧 简
Jane. Come, Jane.
不 我要待在这儿 要跟海伦在一起
No, I want to stay here. I want to be with Helen.
海伦不在这儿 她在上帝那儿
Helen isn't here. Helen's with God.
简 记得你每天的祈祷词吗?
Jane, remember what you say in your prayers every day?
按主的旨意行事
"Thy will be done."
屈服与绝望是按主的旨意行事吗?
Do you think you're doing God's will by giving way to despair?
主要孩子们勇敢坚强
God wants children to be brave and strong.
你不想按主的旨意行事
Won't you do what God wants?
我想的 这就对了
I'll try. That's right.
记住 你越刻苦去做 主就越会帮你
Don't forget, the harder you try, the more God will help you.
好 我领你回去
Now let me take you back.
不 我不能回学校 我绝不回去 我要离开
No, I can't go back. I'll never go back. I'll run away!
简 你知道什么叫责任吗?
Jane, you know what duty is, don't you?
责任就是你不想做的也得做
Duty is what you have to do even when you don't want to do it.
风雪天我可能不想去给孩子看病
I may not want to go out into a snowstorm to visit a sick child...
可我得去 因为是我的责任
but I know I have to go because it's my duty.
那你的责任呢 简?不知道
Now, what is your duty, Jane? I don't know.
你知道的 简 你心里非常明白
Yes, you do, Jane. In your heart, you know perfectly well.
你的责任是准备在世界上行使主的旨意
Your duty is to prepare yourself to do God's work in the world.
是不是?
Isn't that true?
那谁能行使主的旨意呢?
And who can do God's work?
是愚昧的人 还是有教养的人?
An ignorant woman or an educated one?
你知道应该是哪一种
Yes, you know the answer to that.
可你在哪儿能受教养呢?
And where can you get an education, Jane?
在哪儿?在学校
Where? At school.
对极了 你知道应该回学校
Precisely. So you know you have to go back to school...
即使你一想到那儿就恨 也应该回去 对吧?
even though you may hate the very thought of it. Isn't that true?
我想是对的
I suppose it is true.
好 简 很好
Good, Jane. Very good.
诺沃德学校学生记录
简爱 1829年4月18日进校
相貌令人厌恶 品质差
监护人 里德太太 住在格特海特
学生简爱 1833年
是的 先生们 我们最初是感到不好办
True, gentlemen, we had some difficulties in the beginning.
这孩子又倔强又邪恶
A very stiff-necked and evil child.
不过 她跟我们待了10年
But Eyre has been with us 10 years.
这10年里 我受命于主
In those 10 years, it has been granted me
使她走上了拯救灵魂的道路
to plant her feet on the path of salvation.
我想我们应该见见她 我早有这打算
I suppose we ought to see her. I intended that you should.
叫她来
Let Eyre be brought in.
关于委派我们的学生担任教师
I don't need to remind you of the advantages...
其优点是用不着我多讲的
of appointing one of our own pupils as teacher.
请外人得花两倍的价钱 这你们都知道
An outsider will have to be paid twice as much.
简爱 这是庄严时刻
Eyre, this is a solemn moment.
想不到由我收容进来的
Little did I imagine that the unregenerate child
这个顽固不化的孩子会成长起来
I received into this institution...
短短10年成为一名教师
would grow in 10 short years to become a teacher.
是的 一名教师
Yes, a teacher.
这一荣誉是校董们在我的推荐之下
电影精选列表