嘿,你有发现。你叫什么名字?
Hey, you got something. What's your name?
朱迪·亚当斯,但如果你不喜欢,我可以改。
Judy Adams, but if you don't like it, I can change it.
你愿意为我演一场吗?
How'd you like to play a little scene for me?
噢,卡森先生。你让我成为世界上最幸福的女孩。
Oh, Mr. Carson. You made me the happiest girl in the whole world.
等一下。
Wait a minute.
把衣柜拿来,快。
Get me the wardrobe, quick.
你帮我这个忙,我就在我的新电影里给你一个角色。
You do me this favor, I'll give you a part in my new picture.
——现在。-卡森先生!
- Now. - Oh, Mr. Carson!
嗯哼。
Ahem.
是吗?
Yes?
绝不能让我丈夫知道。
My husband must never know.
别担心。我会是最后一个告诉他的人。
Don't worry. I'll be the last one to tell him.
真的。如果他知道我来了,真不知道他会怎么做。
Really. If he knew I came here, there's no telling what he would do.
哦。一切都清楚了。
Oh. That clears up everything.
-很高兴见到你。-但你不明白。
- It's been nice seeing you. - But you don't understand.
我是杰克·卡森夫人。
I am Mrs. Jack Carson.
杰克·卡森夫人?
Mrs. Jack Carson?
等在那里。
Wait over there.
去做吧。这很有趣。
Go ahead. This is very interesting.
我和杰克是青梅竹马。
Jack and I were childhood sweethearts.
去年他回到威斯康辛州时,我对他一见倾心。
And last year when he came back to Wisconsin, he swept me off my feet.
我们是在我的家乡格基街角结婚的。
We were married in my home town, Gerky's corners.
杰克说我们必须保密。
Jack said we had to keep it a secret.
这将损害他的事业。
It would hurt his career.
对,和其他女孩,蛇。
Yeah, with other girls, the snake.
但我们不能再保密了。
But we can't keep it a secret any longer.
你看,我会有一个…
You see, I'm going to have a...
不。
No.
是的。
Yes.
一个婴儿。
A baby.
他不配。
He doesn't deserve it.
你不应该站着。
And you shouldn't be standing.
坐下来休息一下。
Sit down and rest.
——在这里。把这个。——谢谢。
- Here. Take this. - Thank you.
上个月我打电♥话♥给杰克,告诉他要当妈妈了——我是说,要当爸爸了,他的态度完全改变了。
When I phoned Jack last month and told him he was going to become a mother-- I mean, a father, his whole attitude changed.
他变得温柔、善良、体贴。
He became tender and kind, considerate.
很难相信他真的是人。
It's hard to believe he's really human.
然后他把我叫到好莱坞,开始建造一所房♥子,里面有一个粉色和蓝色的小苗圃,他欠了债。
And then he sent for me to come to Hollywood, started building a house with a little pink and blue nursery, ran himself into debt.
现在电影被取消了。
And now the picture's been canceled.
除了回到格基的角落里我别无他法。
There's nothing left for me to do but go back to gerky's corners.
可怜的孩子。
Oh, you poor kid.
哇。
Whoa.
当他告诉我他需要钱什么的时候,我以为他只是在开玩笑。
You know, when he told me he needed money and everything, I thought he was just kidding.
也许这是我的死刑令,但是…我会签署这幅画的合同。
Well, it may be my death warrant, but... I'll sign the contract for the picture.
还好它还在这里。
It's a good thing it's still here.
我会让你得到那栋房♥子和那间粉色和蓝色的小婴儿房♥,尽管杰克可能会把房♥间占为自己所有让孩子睡在地下室。
I'll see that you get that house and that little pink and blue nursery, even though Jack will probably grab the room all for himself and make the kid sleep in the basement.
在这里。
Here.
哦,谢谢。
Oh, thanks.
去做吧。继续。继续。
Go ahead. Go on. Go on.
这是丹尼斯。
This is Dennis.
我有东西要给前台。
I have something for the front office.
你能马上派个画室的信使过来吗?
Will you send a studio messenger over right away?
对不起,我迟到了。
Sorry I'm late.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
这是晚了。
It's getting late.
我最好把这些盘子送回补给室。
I better get these dishes back to the commissary.
是的。我想你最好这样做。
Yes. I guess you'd better.
嘿。干得好,孩子。你是伟大的。
Hey. Nice going, kid. You were great.
看,这是5美元。
Look, here's 5 bucks.
多吃点芝士和酸菜。
Load up on pot cheese and Sauerkraut.
等我跟你谈完,你得多喝点血浆。
You'll have to load up on plasma when I get through with you.
但是,丹尼斯!
But, Dennis!
等一下。我不想这样。
Wait a minute. I don't want this.
你答应过我会出现在你的电影里。
You promised I’d be in your picture.
杰克·卡森夫人。
Mrs. Jack Carson.
一个人能有多蠢?
How stupid can a guy get?
-妻子和婴儿的呕吐。-是的,但是丹尼斯,你应该感谢她。
- The wife and baby gag. - Yeah, but, Dennis, you ought to thank her.
她给了你机会让卡森来指导你。
She gave you a chance to be directed by Carson.
直接吗?你甚至都不能教莱西怎么像条狗。
Direct? You couldn't even teach Lassie how to act like a dog.
哦,我不知道。
Oh, I don't know about that.
在我的家乡承诺就是承诺,卡森先生。
Where I come from a promise is a promise, Mr. Carson.
粉色和蓝色的婴儿房♥,我应该在那里,两只手拿着拨浪鼓。
Pink and blue nursery, that's where I ought to be, with a rattle in each hand.
我太想拍你的电影了,我甚至愿意帮你出♥卖♥♥♥摩根先生。
I was so anxious to be in your picture, I was even willing to help you double-cross Mr. Morgan.
是的。相信我,丹尼斯。
Yeah. Believe me, Dennis.
我会保证你演得和简·怀曼演强尼·贝琳达一样好。
I'll see to it that you're as good in this as Jane Wyman was in Johnny Belinda.
那部电影里她都没说话。
She didn't even talk in that one.
你不可能拥有一切。
Well, you can't have everything.
现在,你听我说。
Now, you listen to me.
我辛辛苦苦才得到这个机会,你以为5美元就可以把我打发走。
I've worked hard for this chance, and you think you can brush me off with $5.00.
很抱歉我骗了你,摩根先生,但我不认为你拒绝帮助你最好的朋友是好事。
I'm sorry I fooled you, Mr. Morgan, but I don't think very much of you refusing to help your best friend.
我要坐下一班火车回格基街角。
I'm taking the next train back to gerky's corners.
与她的是什么?
What's with her?
她为什么这么难过?
What's she so upset about?
你答应她什么让她这么做的?
What'd you promise her to get her to do this?
你知道的,一个角色,通常的胡言乱语。
You know, a part in the picture, the usual malarkey.
你有没有想过也许她相信你?
Did you ever stop to think that maybe she believed you?
哦,她怎么能这样呢?
Oh, how could she?
大家都知道我是个骗子。
Everybody knows I'm a liar.
也许格基还没听说呢。
Maybe word hasn't reached gerky's corners yet.
也让我看起来像个高跟鞋。
Made me look like a heel, too.
是的。
Yeah.
那孩子听起来像是心碎了。
That kid sounded like her heart was broken.
哦,好吧。我不能担心每一个被我伤透心的女孩。
Oh, well. I can't worry about every girl whose heart I break.
我会整夜不睡。
I'd be staying up nights.
-是的。她会挺过去的。-是的。确定。
- Yeah. She'll get over it. - Yeah. Sure.
嘿。也许是她或她。
Hey. Maybe that's her or she.
我不在乎。哈哈。
Not that I care. Ha.
-不可能是她-她说她要坐下一班火车回格基角落。
- It can't be her. - She said she was gonna take the next train back to gerky's corners.
你好。
Hello.
哦。你好,亚瑟。
Oh. Hello, Arthur.
你好,杰克。简·怀曼在这里。
Hello, Jack. Jane Wyman is here.
我只是告诉她,她将在《菲菲小姐》中扮演主角,而你将亲自指导她。
I just told her she was going to play the title role in mademoiselle Fifi and that you were going to direct her personally.
这让她有点吃惊。
It came as a bit of a surprise to her.
不。不。
No. No.
这是不可能的。
That would be impossible.
在这里,妈妈。把这个。
Here, mommy. Take this.
谢谢你,莫林。
Oh, thank you, Maureen.
不完全休息就不行。
Not without a complete rest.
突然被叫去外地了?
Uh, suddenly called out of town, huh?
那我,我去找另一位女主角。
Well, I'll, uh, I'll get another leading lady.
我刚和老板谈过。
I just talked to the boss.
如果你周五前还找不到,你就失业了。
If you don't get one by Friday, you'll be out of a job.
呃,好吧。在星期五。
Uh, OK. By Friday.
你为什么不束上腰带,自己演呢?
Why don't you put on a girdle and play the part yourself?
我要到前台去。
I'm going up to the front office.
也许你也可以扮演我的角色。
Maybe you can play my part, too.
看,丹尼斯。
Look, Dennis.
丹尼斯,你得帮我找个女主角。
Dennis, you got to help me find a leading lady.
我们是好朋友,好朋友。
Look, we're pals, buddies.
你刚来好莱坞时运气不佳,身无分文,没东西吃,是谁给了你第一顿丰盛的晚餐?
When you first came to Hollywood down on your luck, broke, didn't have what to eat, who gave you your first square meal?
救世军。
Salvation army.
-是谁打电♥话♥给他们的?-谁给你五分镍币的?
- Well, who phoned 'em? - Who gave you the nickel?
那是一条鼻涕虫。
It was a slug.
看,丹尼斯。
Look, Dennis.
你认识亚历克西斯·史密斯吧?
You know Alexis Smith, don't you?
是啊!
Yeah!
你就不能跟她谈谈吗?
Well, couldn't you just talk to her?
不。
No.
丹尼斯!
Dennis!
但是,丹尼斯,等一下!
But, Dennis, wait a minute!
电影精选列表