我在盖房♥子。我刚买♥♥了辆车。
I'm building a house. I just bought a car.
我得马上拍部电影。
I got to make this picture right now.
钱不是万能的。
Money isn't everything.
金钱带给你的只有不快乐。
All money brings you is unhappiness.
是的。我每周都得享受一下这种痛苦不然警长就会抓我。
Yeah. Well, I got to get a hunk of that misery every week or else the sheriff will get me.
我很想帮你,杰克,但我要去纽约演出。
I'd like to help you, Jack, but I've got a deal for a New York show.
今天有个制♥作♥人从纽约来。
A producer's in town today from New York.
我在帮他查一些数据。
I'm running through some of the numbers for him.
伟大的得分。
Great score, too.
不如你等下去录音台伤心一场吧?
Why don't you, uh, drop over to the recording stage later and eat your heart out?
很快,我就只能吃这些了。
Pretty soon, that's all I'll have left to eat.
我一点也不感动。
I'm not a bit moved.
明天我会坐上往东的火车。
Tomorrow I'll be on the train heading east.
是吗?好吧,去找我。我会在赛道上…横跨。
Yeah? Well, look for me. I'll be on the track... Stretched across it.
算了。
Naw.
我做不到。我需要钱。
I can't do it. I need the money.
我不是音乐评论家
♪ I'm no music critic ♪
我仍然知道我喜欢的歌♥
♪ Still I know the songs I like ♪
这个比波普必须停止
♪ And this bebop has got to stop ♪
是时候号♥召罢♥工♥了
♪ It's time to call a strike ♪
你犯了个大错误。
You're making a big mistake.
他的声音在纽约永远不会好起来。
His voice will never get over in New York.
所以如果有什么
♪ So if there's anything ♪
你能做到的
♪ That you can do ♪
♬关于它♬
♪ About it ♪
给我一首旋律优美的歌♥
♪ Give me a song with a beautiful melody ♪
他走得太远了,需要指南针才能回来。
He gets so far off-key, he needs a compass to get back.
♬用弦演奏它
♪ Play it with strings ♪
直到它在我的记忆中歌♥唱
♪ Till it sings in my memory ♪
你的节目需要一个训练有素的声音。
You need a trained voice for your show.
他的房♥子甚至都不怎么整洁。
His isn't even housebroken.
如果它带你回到过去
♪ If it takes you way back to the past ♪
这是一首永恒的歌♥
♪ It's the kind of a song that will last ♪
如果歌♥词合了调
♪ And if the words to the tune ♪
似乎道出了你的想法
♪ Seem to say what you're thinking of ♪
只要把歌♥词唱给女孩听
♪ Just sing the words to the girl ♪
她会坠入爱河
♪ And she'll fall in love ♪
他的嗓音真的不差。只是有点小问题。
His really isn't such a bad voice. It's just a little delinquent.
当你紧紧抱着她的时候
♪ And when you're holding her tight ♪
你会发现我是最正确的
♪ You'll find I'm as right as can be ♪
她会很高兴她跌倒了
♪ She'll be glad that she fell ♪
曲子优美动听
♪ To a beautiful melody ♪
没错,你这个假男高音,踩死它吧。
That's right, you phony tenor, trample it to death.
当你紧紧抱着她的时候
♪ And when you're holding her tight ♪
你会发现我是对的
♪ You'll find I'm as right ♪
也可以是
♪ As can be ♪
她会很高兴她跌倒了
♪ She'll be glad that she fell ♪
因为她中了魔咒
♪ 'Cause she's under the spell ♪
♬一支美丽的曲子
♪ Of a beautiful melody ♪
那之后你不能带他去纽约,对吧?
You can't take him to New York after that, can you?
我应该说不是。
I should say not.
我不这么认为。
I didn't think so.
我甚至不能带我妻子去帕萨迪纳。
I can't even take my wife to Pasadena.
我是看门人。
I'm the janitor.
祝贺你,摩根先生。
Congratulations, Mr. Morgan.
你做得很好,我们明天就签合同。
You were great, and we'll sign the contract tomorrow.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
当你用这首歌♥风靡纽约时,它将席卷全国。
And when you hit New York with that song, it'll sweep the country.
谢谢你,先生,谢谢。
Well, thank you, sir. Thank you.
恩典。
Grace.
在这里。把这个带到杰克·卡森的更衣室。
Here. Take this to Jack Carson's dressing room.
哦,不。我还年轻,不能死。
Oh, no. I'm too young to die.
请,优雅。我来给卡森先生送午餐。
Please, grace. Let me take Mr. Carson's lunch.
你是认真的吗?
Are you serious?
我来好莱坞三个月了,还没机会试镜真正的导演。
I've been in Hollywood 3 months, and I haven't had a chance yet to audition for a real director.
我有消息要告诉你。你现在没机会了。
I got news for you. You're not getting one now.
谢谢。
Thanks.
如果你半小时内不回来,我就派搜救队去。
If you're not back in half an hour, I'll send out a searching party.
哦。
Oops.
急什么呢,小姐?
What's the rush, young lady?
对不起,格林斯特里特先生。
I'm sorry, Mr. Greenstreet.
我正往杰克·卡森的更衣室跑。
I was running to Jack Carson's dressing room.
这是一个开关。
That's a switch.
它们出来的时候通常都在跑。
They're usually running when they come out.
那里是谁?
Who's there?
午餐。
Lunch.
进来,午餐。
Come in, lunch.
但你不能现在就停止建设。
But you can't stop building now.
浴室里只有一面墙。
There's only one wall in the bathroom.
我去拿钱。
Look, I'll get the money.
我——我—
I'll--I'll--
你想买♥♥半个房♥子,有阳光甲板和浴室吗?
You want to buy half a house, combination sun deck and bathroom?
听着,你准备好了什么时候都行。
Look, uh, any time you're ready.
除非你想让我听你摆布。
Unless you want me to eat out of your hand.
哦,我很抱歉。
Oh, I'm sorry.
这是一顿美味的午餐。-我也希望不是
- This is a delicious lunch. - I wish it wasn't.
我最好别习惯吃东西。
I better not get used to eating.
-罐装奶酪和泡菜。——啊。
- Pot cheese and Sauerkraut. - Ugh.
-对你的病痛有好处。-如果不是,它就会给你。
- It's good for what ails you. - If it isn't, it'll give it to you.
嘿。
Hey.
你是新来的吧?
You're new here, aren't you?
我刚到华纳兄弟公♥司♥没多久,但我已经在好莱坞待了3个月4天22个小时了。
Why, I've only been at Warner brothers a little while, but I've been in Hollywood 3 months, 4 days, and 22 hours.
本机,嗯?
Native, huh?
它和我来的那个小镇太不一样了。
It's so different from the little town I come from.
你可能从未听说过它。
You've probably never even heard of it.
Gerky的角落,威斯康辛州。
Gerky's corners, Wisconsin.
我从没听说过,我是密尔沃基人。离那里只有14英里。
I never--I never heard-- I come from Milwaukee. That's only 14 miles from there.
哦。
Oh.
我永远不会忘记一个周六晚上在gerky的角落里,我度过了最美妙的我在做什么?我应该感到沮丧。
I'll never forget one Saturday night in gerky's corners, I had the most wonderful-- What am I doing? I'm supposed to be depressed.
我不明白为什么。
Well, I can't understand why.
你是导演也是著名演员。
You're a director and a famous actor.
我知道如果我有机会唱歌♥和表演,我会是世界上最幸福的女孩。
Oh, I know if I ever get the chance to sing and act, I'll be the happiest girl in the whole world.
好莱坞没人开心。
Nobody's happy in Hollywood.
你被你最好的朋友从背后捅了一刀。
You get knifed in the back by your best friend.
我知道如果我有机会唱歌♥和表演,我会是世界上最幸福的女孩。
Well, I know if I ever get the chance to sing and act, I'll be the happiest girl in the whole world.
哦。我觉得要试镜了。
Uh-oh. I feel an audition coming on.
看,明亮的眼睛。
Look, bright eyes.
你介意离开吗?
Would you mind leaving?
我现在没心情。
I'm not in the mood right now.
你说你来好莱坞多久了?
How long did you say you've been in Hollywood?
3个月。
3 months.
你一定是晚上学的。
You must've studied nights.
我去了镇上所有的选角办公室,他们都不愿看我一眼。
I've been in every casting office in this town, and they won't even look at me.
这是我第一次有机会和导演独处向他展示我的能力。
This is the first chance I've had to be alone with a director and show him what I can do.
你要听我说。
And you're gonna listen.
哦,听。
Oh, listen.
“好吧,彼得。
"All right, Peter.
"也许我对你来说什么都不是,"一个你在莱斯特广场捡来的流浪汉"像扔旧鞋一样扔掉。
"Maybe I am nothing to you, "a tramp you picked up in Lester square "to throw away like an old shoe.
“但记住这一点,我是女人!”
"But remember this, I am a woman!"
是的。那很好,孩子,说实话,但你找错导演了。
Yeah. Well, that--that's great, kid, honest, but you're barking up the wrong director.
你看,我自己也不会有工作除非我想办法把丹尼斯·摩根赶出那辆火车并让他在照片上签字。
You see, I won't have a job myself unless I figure out some way to keep Dennis Morgan off that train and get him to sign for the picture.
不。不。不要离开我们。
No. No. Don't leave us.
——什么?-我不是在想我自己。
- What? - I'm not thinking of myself.
我知道我是你脚下的泥,但孩子怎么办?什么?
I know I'm dirt under your feet, but what about the baby? What?
你的宝宝。-我宝贝?
-Your baby. -My baby?
我都不认识她。
I don't even know her.
即使是地球上最卑微的生物也不能抛弃一个无辜的孩子。
Even the lowest creature crawling on this earth couldn't desert an innocent child.
嘿。
Hey.
等一下。到这里来,孩子。
Wait a minute. Come here, kid.
世界上最卑微的生物,就是他。我是说,就这样。
The lowest creature crawling on this earth, that's him. I mean, that's it.
电影精选列表