When
你知道这里流行什么话吗?
Well, you know what they say here
“等到恰当的时机”
they say, "When the time is right."
好吧 我现在真的开始担心了
Okay. Now I'm really starting to worry.
在非洲过圣诞日
Wow. Christmas day in Africa.
在野外的时间过得好慢
Time goes so slowly out here.
我很为你骄傲 妈妈
I'm proud of you, Mom.
谢谢你 宝贝!
Thank you, honey!
我也很为你骄傲!
I'm so proud of you, too!
呃… 我希望你听完 我接下来要说的话以后 还能这样想
Well, I hope you still feel that way after I tell you what I'm gonna tell you.
什么?
What
是学校的事情
It's about school.
我真的不喜欢商科
I'm really not into the business major.
没关系啊
That's okay.
那你想学什么?
What do you want to study
其实我不是想换专业
Now, see, that's not exactly it.
我不会回去上学了
I'm not going back.
什么?
What
对我来说 上大学是浪费时间
College is a waste of time for me.
我想搞音乐
I wanna make music.
那是我的兴趣和热情所在
That's what I'm passionate about.
求你别跟爸说 我还没告诉他
And please don't say anything to Dad, I haven't told him yet.
宝贝
Honey,
你不能这样辍学
you cannot just drop out of college.
你来到非洲 不知道什么时候回去 看看你现在 这么快乐!
Well, you left for Africa with no return date, and look at you! You're happy!
我和你的情况不一样
But that's totally different.
对 因为我不会等20年 才去做自己真正想做的事情
Yeah, because I'm not waiting 20 years to do what I really wanna do.
你提前离开了派对
You left the party!
我儿子让我没心思过节了
Well, my kid kinda got me out of the Christmas spirit.
他明天才走
Oh. He's leaving tomorrow.
你等到明天 再去想他吧
Why don't you wait till then to miss him
问题是他刚刚宣布 他要辍学
The problem is that he just announced that he's going to drop out of school,
去乐队演奏 搬去和他的朋友们住 然后在星巴克里创作自己的音乐
play in a band, move in with his friends, and then write his own music in Starbucks.
甲壳虫乐队就是这样起家的吧?
Isn't that how The Beatles started
你不会明白的!你又没有孩子!
You don't understand! You don't even have kids!
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我… 我真不会聊天 我还是去睡觉吧
I'm just... I'm terrible company. I'm gonna go to bed.
明早见
See ya in the morning.
好 我希望你能 仔细考虑我说的话 好吗?
All right, I want you to think about what I said, okay
我爱你 妈 但我不会改变我的主意
I love you, Mom, but I'm not changing my mind.
-我好爱你 -我也爱你
- I love you so much. - I love you, too.
我在纽约落地之后 给你发短♥信♥
I'll text you when I land in Newark.
好
Okay.
别担心
Don't worry.
我会让你儿子安全到达的
I'll keep your boy safe.
最好是
You better.
嗨 我过来看看你
Hi. Just checking on you.
嗨 进来吧
Hey. Come on in.
不用太担心路克
I wouldn't worry about Luke.
他是个好孩子 他会做好的
He's a good kid. He's gonna be fine.
我只是感觉很愧疚
I just feel guilty, you know
我感觉 我应该陪在他身边的
I feel like I should've been there for him.
但我却在这里
But I was here.
所以 你要走了?
So it's time, huh
我也没想到 我会留这么久
I never meant to stay this long.
总不能逃避一辈子
You can't run away forever.
人们都这样说
So they tell me.
我…
I...
我知道 你会想我的
I know. You're gonna miss me.
那不是我想说的
That's not even what I was gonna say.
你不会想我?
Oh, you're not gonna miss me
闭嘴
Shut up.
没事的 因为我会想你的
It's okay, 'cause I'm gonna miss you.
会很想你
A lot.
嗨
Hi.
圣诞快乐
Merry Merry.
我本来想给你一个圣诞惊喜礼物
I was going to surprise you with a Christmas present,
但我现在不确定了
but now I'm not so sure.
我没看过你画风景之外的东西
I don't think I've seen you paint anything but scenery.
我想试试别的
Thought I'd give something else a try.
试得怎么样?
How's that turning out for you
她要走了
She's leaving.
所以 应该不太好
So I guess not very well.
人们过来看动物 然后就回家了
People come to see the animals, and then they go home.
我以为你很清楚
I thought you knew that.
和我去开普敦吧 我们去看看那边的节日
Come to Cape Town with me. We'll see out the holidays there.
不管我们之前的关系如何
Whatever this is we've been doing...
我不能再继续下去了
I can't do it anymore.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
那么 我很遗憾地通知你
Well, I regret to inform you
董事会决定终止新一年的资助
that the board has decided to terminate funding as of the new year.
别这样
Don't do this.
别把私人感情牵扯进来 资助是为了大象
This isn't about us. This is about the elephants.
对我来说 可不是为了什么该死的大象
It's not about the bloody elephants for me.
那好吧
All right then.
乔纳森会开车送你
Jonathan will drive you.
你不会来…
Oh. You're not gonna...
我要开飞机去载一个游客
I have some tourists I have to fly out.
好吧
Okay.
你最好对那些游客友好一点
Well, you'd better be nice to those tourists,
因为你不知道 他们会和你有怎样的故事
'cause you just don't know how they're gonna turn out.
我不知道该说什么了
I don't know what to say.
我竟然会让你无言以对
I think that's a first.
我们可以视频通话
We could FaceTime.
我不太喜欢视频通话
I'm not really a FaceType.
好吧
Yeah.
喂 纽约人
Hey, New York.
如果你什么时候想回来 我会在这里
If you come back here, I'll be here.
最尽头的第一个帐篷
Last tent on the end.
另一侧尽头
The other end.
我应该预料到的 你总有一天会离开
I guess I did see that one coming.
你在做什么?
What are you doing
涂漆
Painting.
好吧
Okay.
你能联♥系♥上莱斯莉吗?
You heard from Leslie yet
不能 她不回我的电♥话♥
No. She's not returning my calls.
我想亲自飞过去一趟
I'm thinking of flying down there,
亲自和董事会谈谈 看他们能否改变主意
talking to the board myself, see if I can get them to change their mind.
你还记得上次发生了什么吗?
You remember what happened last time
我说话之前会经过大脑的
I will think before I speak
这一次会的
this time.
我真的很喜欢动物 我好怀念和动物一起工作的日子
I really love animals, and I miss working with them so much.
大象?
Elephants
和我们的工作有点不一样
Well, that's a little different.
对 我知道你们常见的客人中 没有大象
Yes, I know they're not your typical clientele,
但我对羚羊、犀牛 还有偶尔出现的狒狒也很熟悉
but I'm also familiar with antelope, rhino and the occasional baboon.
你什么时候能开始工作?
When can you start
现在 怎么样?
How about now
欢迎加入我们 凯特
Welcome aboard, Kate.
谢谢 现在大家都叫我凯特医生
Thank you. Everyone calls me Dr. Kate.
你想想嘛
Just think about it.
你可以拿到大学学位 还可以同时做自己喜欢的事情
I mean, you'd be getting a college degree, and you'd be doing something you love.
我不知道 这和我构想的不一样
I dunno. It's not really what I had in mind.
会对你的音乐事业很有帮助的
And it'd be really good for your musical career.
我不知道 要考虑的事情好多
I dunno. It's a lot to think about.
我知道
I know.
我可以想一晚吗?
Can I have a night to sleep on it
当然了 我们去吃午餐
Of course, of course! Let's go get lunch.
音乐学位?不是吧?
A music degree Really
这是最完美的解决办法
It's the perfect solution.
这样他能读完大学 还能学习他喜欢的东西
电影精选列表