Midnight stroll
怎么哪里都能遇到你?
Are you everywhere
对 今晚我值夜班 看守孤儿小象
Yup, tonight's my shift with the orphans.
我担心它
I was worried about him.
给你 你自便 舒服一点
Here, make yourself comfortable.
下次别一个人在这里走 不安全
Next time, don't walk alone out there. It's not safe.
这里很安全 但也有危险
I mean, it's safe, but not so safe.
尤其是对游客来说
Especially for a tourist.
谢谢你的忠告
Thanks, I guess.
你站起来了
You're up.
你站起来了!
You're up!
你让我成为了世界上最幸福的女人!
You have made me the happiest woman in the world!
谢谢 我常听别人对我这样说
Thank you! I hear that a lot.
谢谢!
Thank you!
你看!
Look!
欢迎你站起来 小家伙
Welcome back, little man.
好像还需要拿点牛奶过来
I think we're gonna need more milk.
每天20升
Thirty-five pints a day.
喂 德里克 你要去小木屋接一个人 个人旅游
Derek, you got a pick-up from the lodge. Private tour.
我马上去
I'm on my way.
好好照顾我的大象
Take good care of my elephant.
我们的大象!
Our elephant!
它真的饿了 真乖
He's really hungry. So beautiful.
很高兴你能站起来 小伙子!
Nice to see you on your feet, young man!
似乎是你给我们带来了好运
It appears that you have brought us good luck.
-谢谢你 奥斯卡 -我什么都没帮上 真的
-Thank you, Oscar -I did nothing. I did nothing.
这个小家伙一定不会这样认为
I think this little calf would disagree.
这是我喂过的最大的宝宝 比我上一个喂的宝宝大多了
This is the biggest baby I've ever fed, definitely bigger than the last one.
你有孩子?
Oh, you have children
有 我有一个儿子
I do. I have a son.
那这头小象应该叫马努
Then we shall call this one Manu.
马努?
Manu
意思是第二个儿子
It means second son.
马努 希望你喜欢这个新名字
Oh, Manu, I hope you like your new name!
你和它们生活在一起多久了?
How long have you lived with them
基本上是一辈子了
My whole life, really.
我是在保护区长大的
I grew up on the reserve.
德里克差不多也是
Derek, too, pretty much.
他16岁时搬过来的
He moved here when he was 16.
我们俩的父亲都是狩猎督察员
Our fathers were game wardens together.
他就像是我烦人的哥哥一样
He's like my annoying brother.
真希望我能在这里多留几天
I wish I could stay longer.
当然了 凯特医生
Of course, Dr. Kate.
你知道吗?没有人这样叫过我
Oh, you know what No one really calls me that.
你拿到医生的职称了吗?
Did you not earn the title
对
I did.
幸运的时候 我们当地的兽医每个月才来一次
The local vet comes around once a month, if we're lucky.
所以你就是凯特医生
So, you're Dr. Kate.
好吧!
Okay!
早上好 马努!
Good morning, Manu!
是 好 我知道
Oh, yes, yes, I know.
你饿了 想喝奶了 我去拿
You're hungry for your milk. I'll go get it.
-早上好 乔纳森 -早上好 凯特医生 我来换班
- Good morning, Jonathan! - Good morning, Dr. Kate. Shift change.
好
Okay.
其实 我可以再多留一会儿
Um...You know, I could stay a little longer.
最好不要了 我们不希望它太思念你
Better not. We don't want him missing you.
你明天就走了
You are leaving tomorrow.
等一下 明天?
Wait, tomorrow
你的返程机票是在9月28日 对吧?
Your return ticket is for September 28th, right
对 是明天吗?
Yeah. That's tomorrow
在这里 时间过得很快
Time flies when you're out here.
在看你漂亮的非洲度假照吗?
Lookin' at your fancy African vacay pics
不是
No.
上个圣诞节?
Ah. Last Christmas
这个圣诞节 本来是要印在圣诞贺卡上的
This Christmas. It was supposed to be our Christmas card.
所以才有一种刻意表演出来的魅力
Hence the staged glamour of it all.
你现在是艺术作品批评家了
Now you're an art critic.
我在想…
Listen, I was thinking.
因为你要离开了
Since you're leaving,
你没有去奢华的五星级非洲野外游
and you didn't get to go on your fancy five-star safari,
我带你去一次吧
let me take you on one.
没有… 五颗星那么多
With... a little less stars.
那是几星 三星级?
What are we talking, like, three
两星级吧
Thinking more like two.
但有五星级的超值体验
But with the value of five.
好吧
Well, okay.
-哇 -对吧?
- Wow. - Right
我们到了
Here we are.
好美!
It's beautiful!
你是艺术家
You're the artist.
真的好棒!
These are really good!
谢谢
Well, thank you.
能让我少惹麻烦
Keeps me outta trouble.
有时候我会过来作画
Sometimes I come out here to paint.
有时候我来这里 什么都不做
Sometimes I just come here.
你爱上了吗?
Falling in love
爱上非洲
With Africa.
那些…
So...
孤儿小象…
the orphans...
成长到一定年龄之后
...when they're old enough,
会开始融入野生象群
will start mingling with the wild herd.
偶尔会在外面住 每次一两宿
And then they might start staying out for one or two nights at a time.
-像去朋友家外宿吗? -对
- Like a sleepover - Yeah.
差不多
Pretty much like that.
那边的楚玛已经开始外宿了
Chuma over there has been wandering off.
会有一天晚上 它决定不再回家了
One night she's just gonna decide she's not coming home,
那时候 它就再次变成野生大象了
and from that time on, she'll be a wild elephant again.
-它们离开的时候 你不会难过吗? -以前会
- Don't you get sad when they leave - I used to.
但它们应该生活在野外
But they're meant to live in the wild.
这是空巢老人综合征
It's the empty nest syndrome.
看来大家都有这种烦恼
I guess it's everywhere.
我儿子刚离开家 去读大学了
My son just left for college.
真放生去野外了
The real wild.
在隔壁州的宿舍住
In a dorm room one state over,
但确实是放生野外
but definitely wild.
我们见不到他们
Just because we don't see them
不代表我们心里没有他们了
doesn't mean that they're not still a part of us.
他们也是一样的
And us them.
你想过要孩子吗
Did you ever want kids
想过
I did.
但我的命里没有这样的安排
But it wasn't in the cards.
你离婚多久了?
How long have you been divorced
其实是她过世了
Actually, she died.
抱歉
I'm so sorry.
没事的
No, it's okay.
已经15年了
It's been 15 years.
感觉像上辈子的事了 那时
Another lifetime ago.
她在城里有一家美术馆
She had a gallery in town.
后来她病了 然后就去世了…
And then she got ill, and when she passed...
我就回到了家
I came back home.
人生是不是很搞笑?
Isn't it funny
第一次结婚的时候 你会想“定下来了
When you first get married, you think, "Well, that's it.
以后一切都会好起来”
Everything is just gonna be fine now."
年轻的时候太无知了
Little do we know.
结果现在我要回到家里 不知道自己以后要怎么做
Now I've gotta go back home, and I don't know what I'm supposed to do with myself.
或许你现在做的是对的
Maybe you're doing it here.
跟自己第二次蜜月旅行吗?
Taking a second honeymoon with myself
还有更好的人选?
Who better
无线网络热点
嗨 路克!能看到我吗?
Hey, Luke! Can you see me
嗨 妈 你怎么样?
Hi, Mom. How are you
电影精选列表