Right
利莱伊大象庇护所 大象孤儿项目
直走 好 直走
Yeah. Straight.
它会没事的吧?
Is he gonna be okay
它吓到了 失去家人 太过悲痛
He's in shock. The grief of losing his family.
我做什么能帮到它?
What can I do to help
我们要保证它补充足够的水 保持温暖
We have to make sure that he's hydrated and stays warm.
好
Okay.
要把这个注射针头插♥进♥它的耳朵上 就在这里
We'll get this into his ear right here.
给你胶带
Here's some tape.
胶带
Tape...
好
Right.
我要打开吗?
Should I open
打开
Open.
好
Okay.
-流进去了吗? -是
- Is it going - Yeah.
如果它几天之内站不起来
If he doesn't get up in a day's time,
或许就永远都站不起来了
he probably never will.
我们努力还原它们在象群中的生活
We try and replicate life in the herd.
每个宝宝都有一个饲养员 保证它们不会孤独
Each baby has a keeper, making sure they are never alone.
饲养员会轮换 不让幼崽对某一个人产生过多感情
We also trade off, so the calves don't get too attached to one person,
对饲养员们来说 也是一样
and vice versa.
大象可以离开庇护所的时候
When the elephants are ready to leave the nursery,
就在那里过夜
they spend their nights there,
根据它们自己的适应速度进行
and at their own pace,
有时候会花上几年
which sometimes does take years,
它们会逐渐过渡 适应回到野外
they gradually make the transition back into the wild.
这边是我们的生活区
And these are our living quarters,
但是多数人更愿意和大象一起睡觉
but most of us prefer to sleep with the elephants.
年龄大一些的大象 对你们救回来的小象有什么反应?
How do the older elephants react to the babies you rescue
我带你去看
I'll show you.
卡拉玛!奥莱尔!
Kalama! Olare!
楚玛!
Chuma!
现在我们有三头大象宝宝
Right now we have three babies,
四头青年大象和三头成年大象
four teenagers and three adults.
各位!
Everybody!
这是凯特医生
This is Dr. Kate.
-你好! -嗨!
- Hello! - Hi!
你好!
Bwanji!
这是楚玛
That is Chuma.
它在练习成为象群的女族长
She's practicing to be a matriarch.
过来 楚玛 走起来!
Come on, Chuma! Move, move!
它很好奇 很喜欢管别人
She's very curious and very bossy.
楚玛 你的性格有点纽约人的感觉!
Well, Chuma, you have some New York in you!
大象也有人类的所有情感
Elephants have all the emotions of humans.
有幽默感 也有家庭观念
A sense of humor and a sense of family.
小象想要关爱
The children want attention,
青年象也会叛逆
and the teenagers rebel.
走吧 该给小象们吃晚餐了
Come. It's almost suppertime for the little ones.
好
Okay.
就是这里了
This is it.
小象是和成年象分开喂的
We feed the babies separately from the adults.
这是克赛维 我们上周救的它
That's Kasewe. We rescued him last week.
那是莫提桑尼
And that's Multisani.
天啊
Oh, my gosh.
好棒
Amazing.
它是我们最大的婴儿
He's our oldest toddler.
非常能吃
Very demanding.
你去休息一下吧?
Why don't you get some rest
食量非常大
This way.
最尽头的第一个帐篷是你的
The first tent on the end is yours,
晚餐会在围栏防护场吃
and we take supper in the boma.
嗨 纽约人
Hey, New York.
抱歉
Sorry,
乔纳森说让我来最尽头的第一个帐篷
Jonathan said the tent on the end.
另一侧尽头
The other end.
这个是我的
This one's mine.
你是说…
You mean,
你一直都住在这里?
you live here, like, all the time
对 我会载游客飞行 帮忙填补飞机的费用
Yeah, I fly the tourists to help us pay for the plane.
我把你的行李箱放到帐篷里了
Oh, I put your suitcase in your tent.
有点乱 抱歉 我不太会叠东西
Forgive the mess. I'm not very good at folding.
我把箱子扔到床上的时候 箱子有点开了
Kinda opened up when I threw it on the bed.
-然后你就翻了我的东西? -没有
- So you just went through my stuff - No.
但是 这里应该用不上那双高跟鞋
But I don't think you're gonna need those high heels here.
好吧
All right.
拉好帐篷 谢谢
Oh, zip the tent, please.
我不想再有谁来找我
I don't want any more visitors.
我才不会回来!
I'm not coming back!
我是说狒狒
I meant the baboons.
不对
No, no, no, no.
告诉他莱斯莉·范德米尔·琼斯 来过电♥话♥ 感叹号♥!
Tell him that Leslie Van Der Mere-Jones called, exclamation point!
你好
Hey.
无信♥号♥♥ 正在查找信♥号♥♥
你好!
Hey!
你好!
Hey.
好漂亮!
These are beautiful!
过来 拿一个盘子
Come on, grab a plate.
真好吃!
This is good!
太好了 因为明天也吃这个
Great, 'cause we're having it tomorrow.
只要你留得足够久
And if you stay long enough,
日复一日 年复一年 一成不变 每天都吃这个
the day after that, the day after that, and the day after that.
你为什么不做了?
Why'd you quit
不做什么了?
Quit what
做兽医
Being a vet.
我不知道 我并不是不想做了 只是…
I don't know. I didn't really mean to, but...
我的人生就自然地发展成那样了
I guess... I guess life just happened.
你支持你丈夫完成学业
So you supported your husband through school,
帮他白手起家 成就自己的事业
helped him build his business,
抚养他的孩子 然后…
raised the kid, and then
他离开了你?
he left you
这都是我告诉你的?
Did I tell you all that
对
Yeah.
还说了很多小资太太午餐团的事
And a lot about the ladies who lunch.
大象的一个优点是…
The thing about elephants...
它们能读懂你的灵魂
they read your soul.
所以它们不会给你带来 这种出乎意料的事情
So you never get any of those type of surprises.
不会在你某天早上醒来 就发现谁不再爱你了
You don't wake up one day and someone doesn't love you anymore.
显然…
Well, clearly,
我选错了物种
I'm with the wrong species.
我们不都是吗?
Aren't we all
介意我吃掉这个吗?
Mind if I have that
你随意
Be my guest.
我以为非洲的咖啡很有名
I thought Africa was known for its good coffee.
是啊
It is.
你喝的那个不是
That isn't it.
这是你第一次看南半球的星空吗?
Your first time under the southern sky
对
Yeah.
这里有天狼星、老人星
There's Sirius, Canopis...
半人马座阿尔法星…
Alpha Centauri.
旅游指南上说的?
Tourist guidebook
业余天文爱好者的参考书
Amateur astronomer's reference book.
我们家里有一个望远镜
We have a telescope at home
因为以前路克很喜欢 但他后来喜欢上了音乐
because Luke really loved it until he fell in love with music.
距离这里有多远?
How far away is that
大概五千米
About five kilometers.
什么方法能让它们不来营地?
What keeps them from coming into camp
守夜人
The night watchman.
好了
All right.
晚安 纽约人
Good night, New York.
晚安
Good night.
半夜散步?
电影精选列表