嘿 罗德
Hey, Rod.
你好 泰克斯
Hi, Tex.
我想让你认识一些朋友
I want you to meet couple of friends of mine.
莎朗和丹妮尔 罗德·斯莱特
Sharon and Danielle. Rod Slater.
女士们
Ladies.
你们在喝什么?
What are you drinking?
我请客 来瓶香槟
Drinks are on me. Champagne, please.
有什么值得庆祝的吗?
What's the occasion?
我…刚“成年”
I... just came of age.
多年来 通过反复实验 我不断改进这种烧烤酱
This barbecue sauce is something that I've been evolved over many years of experimentation.
这种酱料有够劲爆 抹在门把手甚至还能长毛
It'll grow hair on a doorknob.
啊 阿里斯蒂德……
Ah, Aristide...
我希望你每 30 秒给这些牛排刷一次油 但要轻点
I want you to baste those steaks every 30 seconds, but very gently.
要非常轻 轻到就像给婴儿的屁♥股♥涂油一样
Very gently, like oiling a baby's bottom.
晚上好 HH 你好吗?
Good evening, HH, how are you?
糟糕透了 我感觉自己就像一袋死老鼠一样
Bloody awful. I feel like a bag of dead mice.
都是那些雪茄惹的祸
It's those cigars.
你是经济学博士 又不是医生 特里怎么样了?
You're supposed to be a doctor of economics, not medicine. How's Terry?
她很好 她希望你下周来吃晚饭
She's fine. She wants you to come to dinner next week.
好的 我星期一就来
Okay, I'll come Monday.
我可以使用你的洗手间吗?
Would you mind if I used your washroom?
你怎么总是这么脏?
How come you're always so dirty?
你的办公室像个培养箱 还有辆带空调的专车
Your office is like an incubator, you have an air-conditioned car.
老这么清洁反而会削弱你的抵抗力
All this washing will weaken you.
等哪天虫子咬你一口 直接就能给你放倒
First time a bug bites you, it'll wipe you right out.
你来这里是为了什么 是谈正事 还是洗手?
What are you here for? To talk business, or just wash your hands?
我想谈谈任命新总经理的事
Well, I wanted to talk about appointing a new general manager.
没什么好聊的 普鲁默就排在后面的 他已经在这里工作 25 年了 就这样
Nothing to talk about, Plummer's next in line. He's been with us for 25 years, and that's it.
普鲁默太老了 他不合适……
Plummer is too old, he's not right...
他比我年轻 12 岁
He's 12 years younger than I am.
有些人在 40 岁时就已经老态龙钟
Well, some men are old at 40.
你是想让我挪位置了吧 你喜欢我的办公室?
I know you'd like me to move over, you like my office.
你确定这里够干净吗?
Are you sure it's clean enough for you?
听着 HH 我只关心能否找到合适的人
Look, HH, all I care about is finding the right man.
找一个能狠狠压住局面、足够强硬的人
Someone who'll sit on the place hard, someone who is tough.
我们都知道 现在必须提高产量 降低成本
We both know we need production up and costs down.
我希望你考虑斯莱特
I'd like you to consider Slater.
谁?
Who?
罗德·斯莱特 地下矿场经理
Rod Slater, the underground manager.
为什么是他?
Why him?
他坚韧、充满干劲 又很懂这份工作
He's tough, he's energetic. He knows the job.
我不会为了他而放弃普鲁默
I'll not bypass Plummer for him.
我希望你能好好考虑一下
I wish you'd just please think about it.
斯莱特是一流且年轻的人
Because Slater is first class and young.
好吧 我会考虑的 但不会考虑太多
All right I'll think about it, but not much.
我不知道你回来了 曼弗雷德
I didn't know you were in, Manfred.
不 别这样 不要开灯
No, don't. Don't put on the light.
你看起来如此可爱
You look so lovely.
我注意到你想悄悄溜走了
I noticed you slipped out.
特雷莎 我们一直没能……最近真是让人烦心
Teresa, we've not been... It's been a worrying time.
莱默的死 频繁的出差
Lemmer's death, all the travelling I have to do.
还有现在正在寻找新的总经理
and now looking for a new general manager.
告诉我 你对斯莱特有什么看法?
Tell me, what did you think of Slater?
怎么说?
In what way?
你见过他 对他有什么看法?
You met him, what did you think of him?
没什么看法
I didn't.
我已经向 HH 推荐了他来干 但他反对
I've suggested him to HH for the job, but he's against it.
他年纪大了 脾气变得越来越暴躁
He's becoming very crusty in his old age.
我没注意到
I hadn't noticed.
我认为斯莱特是最合适的人选
I think Slater is the best man.
这会减轻我的一些压力
It'd take some of the pressure off me
给我更多时间陪伴你 亲爱的
give me more time to be with you, my darling.
你可以帮我说服 HH 关于他的事
You could help me convince HH about him.
这真不关我的事
Really it's none of my business.
也许吧 但他向来相信你看人的直觉
Perhaps, but he listens to your hunches about people.
拜托……告诉 HH 你喜欢他
Please... tell HH you liked him.
今天有多少人退出?
How many dropouts today?
情况不算糟 只有大约10%的人不适合下井工作
They're not bad. Only about 10% are not fit to go under.
为什么他们要干这个 我真是想不通
Why they'd do it beats me.
为了钱 就像我们一样
For the money, like the rest of us.
听着 我可不想有任何争论 我要在周一之前拿到钻探报告
Look, I don't want any bloody arguments. I want this drilling reports by Monday, okay?
布朗小姐 不要再接电♥话♥了 我要下井了
Miss Brown, no more calls. I'm going underground.
你这个蠢货 我说了向左掘进 你是想破坏我的采场吗?
You bloody fool, I told you to go left. You want to ruin my stope?
不 老板 你……
别跟我争论 你个无知的……
- No, boss, you...
- Don't argue with me, you ignorant...
你放开他
You leave him.
为什么?他是你的男朋友吗?
Why? Is he your boyfriend?
住嘴吧 科瓦尔斯基
Drop it, Kowalski.
住嘴
Drop it.
帝王 把他送去急救
King, take him to first aid.
你这个卑鄙的混♥蛋♥
You vicious bastard.
你打他们是因为他们不敢还手
You hit them because they can't hit back.
我要打他们的话 你想怎么办?
I hit them, what do you do?
亲他们?
Kiss them.
科瓦尔斯基!科瓦尔斯基!科瓦尔斯基!
Kowalski! Kowalski! Kowalski!
下次你再敢碰比我肤色深的人 你就滚蛋!
The next time you touch a face darker than mine, you're out!
他怎么样?
How is he?
没有骨折
Nothing broken.
帝王
King
你想调岗吗?
you want to transfer?
是的 吉米也想
Yeah, Jimmy does too.
泰克斯正在寻找一个新的餐厅帮工 去找他 马里奥!
Tex is looking for a new busboy go to him. Mario!
是的 老板
Yes, boss.
把吉米也带上
Take Jimmy too.
我喜欢这里 谢谢 斯莱特先生
I like that. Thank you, Mr Slater.
这顶头盔是为了表彰你在地下展现勇气
This helmet is given in recognition of courage shown underground
拯救了他人生命
in the saving of human life.
随着这顶头盔 还附带每年 120 兰特的终身抚恤金
With the helmet, goes a pension of 120 Rand per annum for life.
我们对这起夺去了我们员工生命的悲惨事故深表遗憾
Now, while we regret the tragic accident which cost the lives of our men
尤其是对我们尊敬的同事与朋友弗兰克·莱默的损失感到悲痛
and, above all, the loss of our esteemed colleague and friend Frank Lemmer.
我们必须向那些果敢行动和坚定决心的人们致敬
We must pay tribute to those men whose quick action and resolution
这使我们避免了更多的痛苦和苦难
averted further suffering and distress.
我们 这座矿场的全体人员 今天格外自豪 能够向一位杰出的人士致敬
We, of this mine, are especially proud today to honour a man
他那难以形容的勇气将成为我们所有人的榜样
whose indescribable courage will be an example to us all.
为了表彰他在挽救三条生命中的贡献 我很荣幸颁发这份奖项
For his part in saving three lives, it is a great pleasure to make this award
给约翰·恩库鲁 也就是你们所熟知的大帝王
to John Nkulu, better known to you as Big King.
你要留下来看表演吗?
Are you staying for the show?
我必须飞往开普敦 我们不能留下来
I have to fly to Cape Town. We can't.
这已经是多年前的事了
It's years since I've seen it.
你为什么不留下?我相信斯莱特先生会照顾你的
Why don't you stay? I'm sure Mr Slater will look after you.
我只是很遗憾你从不和我们一起去
I'm just sorry you never come with us.
请原谅我失陪一下
Do excuse me for a moment.
你会……
You do...
对不起
I'm sorry.
你不和你丈夫一起去吗?
Aren't you going with your husband?
不 我很少这样做
No, I rarely do.
他总是开会 我感觉很无聊
He goes to meetings all the time. I get bored.
特里 我要回家了 我已经太老了 不想再站在这里喝酒
Terry, I'm going home. I'm much too old to be standing here around drinking.
你有见过斯莱特先生吗?
Have you met Mr Slater?
最近没怎么见
Not lately.
晚上好 先生
Good evening, sir.
我听说您也是个英雄
I hear you were a hero too.
不是的 先生
Not really, sir.
挺谦虚的 是吧?
Modest, huh?
我该走了 你能帮我看看我的车在外面吗?
I better be going. Would you mind seeing if my car is outside?
对不起
Excuse me.
你不应该喝酒的
You oughtn't to be drinking.
别唠叨了
Stop nagging.
我才第一次提这事
It's the first time I mention it.
这已经算唠叨了
That's nagging.