是我写的
They're mine.
马弗尔先生呢
And Mr. Marvel?
埃迪上校 我必须请你离开
Colonel Adye, I must ask you to leave.
立刻
Immediately.
我是出于礼貌来给你这个机会
I came as a courtesy to give you the opportunity
向我坦白
to be frank with me.
我怀疑你知情不报
I do suspect you're withholding information.
请相信我
Please believe me,
这种秘密拖得再久也不会变好
these kinds of secrets never get better with time.
你竟敢以我的名义写信
How dare you write letters in my name,
还竟敢威胁埃迪上校
and how dare you threaten Colonel Adye!
托马斯·马弗尔
Thomas Marvel.
肯普夫人
Mrs. Kemp.
要是肯普博士看到你这个样子 他会担心死的
If Dr. Kemp could see you, he'd be sick with worry.
我现在要回家了 夫人
I'll be going home now, ma'am.
这封信是下午寄给你的
This letter came in the afternoon post for you.
似乎很紧急 夫人
It seems urgent, ma'am.
亲爱的肯普夫人
"Dear Mrs. Kemp,
我收到了你请求我帮助的信
I've received your letter requesting my aid
要我帮你找到名叫托马斯·马弗尔的不幸者
to help you locate an unfortunate man named Thomas Marvel.
我不得不告知你
Alas, I feel obliged to inform you
当地警方也提出了同样的要求
that the local police have made the same request.
他们监视着这个可怜的人
They keep the miserable man under surveillance.
我无法猜透其中原因
For what reason, I cannot divine.
很遗憾 我必须把你的信报告给他们
Sadly, I must report to them the arrival of your letter,
但为了纪念我们过去帮助劳动阶级
but in honor of our past works together
所做的共同努力
helping the laboring classes,
我可以告诉你托马斯·马弗尔躲在我们的
I can report to you that Thomas Marvel is sheltering here
附属建筑里
in our annex.
你的真心朋友和忠诚仆人
Your true friend and devoted servant,
东崖修道院的奥利弗·怀特主教敬上
Bishop Oliver White, East Cliff Abbey."
肯普夫人
Mrs. Kemp.
你也太明智了 不会在天快黑的时候
You are too sensible to venture to this part of town
冒险来这里
so close to nightfall.
我必须找到那个人
I must find that man.
你让我很难办
You place me in a difficult position,
尤其是你被卷入不老实的勾当时
especially if you are involved with anything dishonest.
我不想知道
I do not want to know
任何这样的事
about anything that-
你通知埃迪上校了吗
Have you informed Colonel Adye yet?
你知道我必须通知
You know I must.
牛蒡港不是大城市
Port Burdock is not a large city.
宜早不宜迟
Sooner rather than later,
他现身的消息会传到警方那里
word will get back to the police about his presence,
包括你来这询问的消息
including word about your inquiries here.
这是我唯一一次能这样帮助你
This is the one and only time I can help you in this manner.
他避开了其他流浪者
He avoids the other homeless,
在长椅上找到他的
find him in the pews.
我们有同一个熟人
We have a mutual acquaintance.
我不认识你
I don't know you.
我不信我们会有同一个交际圈
And I doubt we'd be moving in the same society.
我一个人来的
I'm here alone.
我很想知道你为什么认为我需要这种保证
I'm curious to learn why you think I need that assurance.
对于一个有钱人来说 你选择住在破地方
For a man of means, you choose poor accommodations.
花钱会引起别人的注意
A man who spends his money is one to draw attention.
我不会再犯同样的错误了
I ain't making that mistake again.
你在这里就是一个很好的例子
You being here is case in point.
如果你是他的朋友 你有什么目的
If you're his friend, what do you want?
事实是我是他的朋友
The truth is, I am his friend.
但我不知道他是不是我的
I just don't know whether he is mine.
他是个疯子
He's a sick man.
总是念叨着
Always yammering on
他要统治整个国家的计划
about his plans to bring the entire country to heel.
整个国家吗
The entire country?
对
Yeah.
但托马斯·马弗尔让他暴露了
But Thomas Marvel showed him.
维多利亚女王应该给我发勋章
Queen Victoria should give me a medal.
我挫了他的锐气
I took the wind right out of his sails, I did.
你能想办法
Could you see your way to parting
把手里的日志扔掉吗
with that journal in your hands?
我就知道
I knew it.
你只是想自己获得这种力量 对吧
You just want the power for yourself, don't you?
这是我的
Well, it's mine!
你和隐形人是一伙的
You're in league with the invisible man!
她和隐形人是一伙的
She's in league with the invisible man!
他现在和她在一起
He's with her now.
马弗尔 等等
Marvel, wait!
格里芬
Griffin?
格里芬
Griffin.
你去哪里了
Where have you been?
你为什么跟着埃迪上校进城
Why did you follow Colonel Adye into town?
你对他做了什么
What did you do to him?
你真的在乎那个烦人精吗
Do you actually care for that insufferable man?
我想看看他对我们到底了解多少
I wanted to see what he actually knew about us.
毫无疑问 我的同盟已经
No doubt my confederate had talked the police chief's ears off
用隐形人的荒诞故事
the police chief's ears off
把局长说得不耐烦了
with wild tales of the invisible man.
我想知道
I wanted to know
这个老好人埃迪上校信不信这个故事
if good, old Colonel Adye believed the stories.
结果呢
And?
他当然不信
Well, of course he doesn't.
坐下
Sit down.
生活还得继续 亲爱的
Life must go on, my girl.
我们要做的事情太多了
There is so much for us to do.
雷金纳德绝不会走如此大胆的一步
Reginald would've never made so bold a move.
他就是这样的
That was him all over.
然而 他赢得了重要的东西
And yet, he won what mattered.
想想我们能一起做的事 艾德琳
Imagine what we could do together, Adeline.
我知道你想做大事
I know you wish to do great things.
我可以找出你需要的隐藏信息
I can ferret out the hidden information you need,
获取你需要的资金
secure the funds that you require.
我可以清除你前进道路上的障碍
I can remove the obstacles that stand in your way.
从今天起
From this day forward,
你的生活会轻松很多 艾德琳·肯普
life will be so much easier for you, Adeline Kemp.
但我必须拿回我的日志
But I must have my journals.
只有我掌握了隐形 世界才会对我
Only when I master invisibility will the world bend
俯首称臣
to my will.
只有这样 你才能把这里变得更美好
Only then can you make it a better place.
我必须拿回日志
I must have my journals,
艾德琳
Adeline,
你要帮我找到它们
and you will help me find them!
马弗尔
Marvel?
你见过他吗
Have you seen him?
他今晚没排队去附属建筑避难
He didn't make the queue to shelter in the annex tonight,
但我见过
but I've seen where he goes
他的藏身之处
when he wants to make himself scarce.
我可以带你去
I can show you,
但我有什么好处
but what's in it for me?
继续走
Go on.
隧♥道♥的入口就在那里
The entrance to the tunnel's around there.
你迷路了吗 亲爱的
Are you lost, love?
也许我们能照亮你的路
Maybe we can light your away.
迈克尔成功引你上钩了
Michael did a fine job luring you.
如果你是来拿钱的 它不在这里
If you've come for your money, it isn't here!
马弗尔先生 我不是来找钱的
Mr. Marvel, I'm not looking for the money.
我只要日志
I only seek the journals.
如果你这么想要日志 过来拿吧
If you want your books so bad, come and get 'em!
不要躲在这位美人身后
Don't hide behind this pretty thing.
他不在这里
He's not here.
我愿意出钱购买♥♥
I'm willing to pay for it.
电影精选列表