更有效率
than the telegram.
祝你愉快
Good day.
告辞
Ma'am.
你好吗 威廉
How do you do, William?
还是一如既往感谢你的服务
As always, thank you for your service.
你能告诉我 有人因为这个流浪汉而死
Can you tell me, has anyone died because of this drifter
或者任何与他有关的事吗
or anything at all related to him?
目前还没有
Not so far.
感谢上苍
Thank the good Lord.
听着 肯普夫人
Look, Mrs. Kemp,
我们参加同样的会议
we attend the same meetings,
我支持你的政见
I support your politics.
你乐于助人
You like to help people in need,
我很乐意时不时给你提供信息
and I'm happy to feed you information from time to time,
但拜托
but please,
别想着帮这个人
don't go looking to help this one.
我以前没见过他
I've not seen him before,
这一带的人我都认识
and I know all the pikers around these parts.
让这家伙离开吧
Let the bloke move on, eh?
他对牛蒡港来说是个麻烦
He's bad news for Port Burdock.
威廉警官
PC William?
格里芬
Griffin?
谁告诉你的 嘀哩嘀哩
♪ Who told you so, dilly, dilly ♪
谁告诉你的
♪ Who told you so
是我自己的心 嘀哩嘀哩
♪ Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly ♪
我的心告诉我的
♪ That told me so
召集你的人 嘀哩嘀哩
♪ Call up your men, dilly, dilly ♪
让他们去干活
♪ Set them to work
一些去犁地 嘀哩嘀哩
♪ Some to the plow, dilly, dilly ♪
一些举起叉
♪ Some to the fork
熏衣草是蓝色的 嘀哩嘀哩
♪ Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly ♪
熏衣草是绿色的
♪ Lavender's green
当我是国王时 嘀哩嘀哩
♪ When I am king, dilly, dilly
你就会是王后
♪ You shall be queen
抱歉 夫人
Oh, forgive me, ma'am.
我没关门吗
Did I leave the door open?
你一个人在这没问题吧
Are you all right in here by yourself?
对不起 夫人
Begging your pardon, ma'am,
我为什么会有问题
why wouldn't I be?
能关下门吗 夫人
If you don't mind, ma'am.
当然
Of course.
至少你很明智 不会在天黑之前
Well, at least you have the good sense not to openly move
在屋子里公开走动
around the house until nightfall.
你一整天都消失到哪里去了
Where did you disappear to all day long?
如果我不是了解你
If I didn't know you better,
我会怀疑你只是开了个玩笑
I would suspect you of having just made a joke.
你是去镇上逛了
Did you wander into town,
还是你潜伏在我的房♥子里
or were you inside my house lurking?
我出去了
I was out,
收集有用的知识
gathering useful knowledge.
我看到你和警♥察♥说话了
I saw you speaking to the police.
有什么有趣的消息吗
Learn anything interesting?
我听说在你挑起的混战中
I learnt that you came off worse
你落荒而逃
in the scuffle you instigated.
你似乎没有造成任何故意伤害
You don't appear to have caused any deliberate harm.
你一直是个无赖
You were always rather a scoundrel,
但知道你不是不可救药 我就放心了
but I'm relieved to know you're not irredeemable.
自从我们上大学以来 你就没变过
You haven't changed since our days at university.
又让我发现你乱翻
Once again, I find you rummaging
我的私人信件
through my private correspondence.
噢 又是你宝贵的礼节
Oh, your precious propriety again.
如果你更尊重礼节
Had you more respect for propriety
更多地考虑他人的感受
and more regard for the feelings of others,
事情可能会有不同的结局
things might have ended differently.
别
No!
不要
Don't.
拜托
Please.
这是我们一起下的最后一盘棋
It was our last game together.
不知为何 我还是期待他能走下一步
I still somehow expect him to make his next move.
你总是探人隐私
You were always a snoop,
总是不管别人的界限
always disdainful of others' boundaries.
看来你找到了
It seems you found a way
让人无法察觉非法行为的方法
to make that illicit behavior nigh undetectable.
我在隐形的时候能做很多事 艾德琳
I can do many things while invisible, Adeline.
普通人做不到的事
Things that ordinary men cannot,
雷金纳德绝对做不到的事
things that Reginald could never do.
比如
For example,
我能救你
I could save you.
我能救你的家
I could save your home.
我觉得你的家仆有点少
I thought your household staff looked a bit sparse.
只有一个姑娘和老女人
A girl and an old woman.
收下吧
Take it.
这是礼物
It's a gift.
我以为你说你所有的钱都被拿走了
I thought you said all your money had been taken.
拜托 艾德琳
Come now, Adeline,
你打算找谁帮忙
who do you intend to ask for help?
你又不是来自富裕的家庭
You don't come from a prosperous family.
他们无法承担起
They can't shoulder the burden
你丈夫研究失败的负担
of your husband's failed research.
他说他差点就取得突破了
He said he was closer to a breakthrough.
可以付清所有费用
It would have paid for everything.
是啊
Yes,
我很熟悉徒劳希望的诱惑力
I'm familiar with the sweet siren song of futile hopes.
但有了我的成功
But with my success,
我们能得到更多钱
there's more where that came from,
只要我们能达成协议
if we can come to terms.
你时间不多了 亲爱的
You don't have much time, my dear.
银行的信是一周前的
The bank's letter's a week old.
他们要来讨债了
They are coming for you.
你好 肯普夫人
Good day, Mrs. Kemp.
威克斯帝先生 你好吗
Mr. Wicksteed, how are you?
市议会怎么样了
How's things with the city council?
我很高兴地说 牛蒡港发展得非常好
Port Burdock is developing remarkably well,I'm happy to say.
我其实刚和爵爷开完会
In fact, I've just come from a meeting with His Lordship.
如果运气好的话
With a little bit of luck,
我们繁荣的城镇很快就会享受到
our prosperous town may soon be enjoying the benefits
新发电站带来的好处
of a new electricity power station,
而且是在世纪之交之前
and before the turn of the century.
我真高兴听到
Oh, I'm so delighted to hear
我们正大步向前迈进
we're making such heroic strides forward.
也许牛蒡港可以分享一些繁荣
Perhaps Port Burdock might share some of it's prosperities
给那些不幸者
with the less fortunate.
亲爱的女士
My dear lady,
我知道你给镇上有权势的人
I'm not unaware of your gallant letter-writing campaign
英勇地写了封信
to men of influence around the town,
但我必须给你一个建议
but I have to give you a piece of advice.
我想这是中国的一句老话
It's an old Chinese proverb, I believe.
授人以鱼
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day.
不如授人以渔
Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.
你的本意很可敬 但走偏了
Your intentions were honorable but misguided.
只要我还在议会
As long as I sit on the council,
你的慈善计划就休想实现
your charitable schemes will never see the light of day.
恕我直言 肯普夫人
And if I may be so bold, Mrs. Kemp,
如果我处于你的处境
if I was in your situation,
我会在告诉别人如何管理他们的财务之前
I'd concentrate on getting my own financial house in order
先集中精力搞好自己的财务
before I start telling other people how to manage theirs.
我很欣慰我们可以避免银行把寡妇扔到街上
I am relieved we can avoid the heartbreaking business
这种令人心碎的事情
of the bank throwing a widow out onto the street.
所以我有更多时间了吧
So I have more time?
你付了这么多钱 我就能灵活调整
Uh, making this large payment means I have the flexibility
电影精选列表