就像我在这里做的那样。
as I did here.
我是可替代的。。。
I was replaceable...
拍美国电影。
making American movies.
但没有人能制♥造♥出私密的灯光。
But nobody could make Intimate Lighting.
我想你更喜欢腿。
I guess you'd prefer a leg.
我想要一条腿!
I want a leg!
吃饭时不许说话!
No talking during the meal!
卡娅,爷爷也没有腿,也没有抱怨!
Kaya, grandpa also didn't get a leg and doesn't complain!
你喜欢爷爷吗?
Do you grandpa?
请留下来!他不必什么都有。
Please stay! He doesn't have to have everything he sees.
但他喜欢。给,你的腿,还有。。。
But he likes it. Here, have the leg, and...
卡娅,你在干什么?马上放回去。
Kaja, what are you doing? Put it back immediately.
两个都给他,我和彼得一起吃,好吗?
Let him have both of them, I'll share with Peter, right?
当然!
Of course!
不,你不能那样做!你不会有足够的。拿我的!
No, you can't do that! You won't have enough. Take mine!
别管它,别管它!
Leave that, leave it!
来,拿我的!
Here, take mine!
不,那你就没有了。我们会分享我们的。
No, then you won't have any. We'll share ours.
你为什么要劈腿?
Why do you want to split a leg?
我们会处理的
We'll manage
我真的不能相信这一点
I cannot really take credit for it
因为我在我姐夫家里见过。
because I saw it in my brother-in-law's family.
在他家里,如果他们有
In his family, if they had, like
六个人吃饭,他们只吃了五个人的饭。
six people for dinner, they only had food for five.
我是说,永远!
I mean, always!
所以,我看到了那一幕。
And so, I saw exactly that scene.
他们有一只鸡,他们。。。突然有一部分不见了。
They had a chicken, and they... suddenly one portion was missing.
所以就有了这个游戏。
So there was this game.
你知道,当然,在一部电影里我们让它更有趣。
You know, of course, in a film we made it more funny.
当它完成时,有一个小组的筛选
When it was finished, there was a screening for the group
什博先生,这个组织的负责人,也是福尔曼的超级粉丝
and Mr Šebor, the group's chief and a great fan of Forman
我们其他人,在放映结束后说
and the rest of us, said after the screening
“伙计们,这是有史以来最无聊的电影。”
"Guys, this is the most boring film of all times."
那是我第一次复习。
That was my first review.
所以我想,“啊!好吧。”
So I thought, "Ah! Okay."
然后,就在卡洛维法利电影节之前
And then, it was just before the Karlovy Vary Film Festival
不知怎的,制片厂没有足够的捷克新电影放映
and somehow the studio didn't have enough new Czech films to show
因为这是欧洲的“a”型节日
because it's a 'A' type festival in Europe
所以有很多来自世界各地的评论家和重要人物,真的。
so there are lots of critics and important people from all over the world, really.
所以他们展示了亲密的灯光。
So they showed Intimate Lighting.
它变得如此成功以至于他们不得不多次展示它。
It became such a success that they had to show it several times over.
我对自己说,我永远不会做得更好。
I said to myself, that I would never make anything better.
那是纯胶卷。美丽的!
That's pure film. Beautiful!
我们就这样站在这里直到审判日
We'll be standing here like this until judgement day
五年来一直想找些小工作
After five years of trying to get some smaller jobs
在电视或配音行业
in television or the dubbing industry
我在那里工作了六个月
where I ended up working for about six months
当我是。。。我该怎么说。。。
when I was... how should I put it...
让进入。。。
let into...
当我被仁慈地允许拍电影的时候
when I was mercifully allowed to make a film
-作为一个测试,正如它被称为-这是我们所有人都必须做的
- as a test, as it was called - which all of us had to do
这是我对任何人都不希望的
it was something I wouldn't wish for anybody
因为不仅有五年的假期
because not only was there a five-year break
事实上,我们不得不承认这部电影只是一个测试。
we actually had to sign that the film was just a test.
如果我们没有通过测试,他们会把我们踢出去。
And if we didn't pass the test, they would kick us out.
事情就是这样。在巴兰多夫,他们不想让我工作。
This is what happened. At Barrandov, they did not want me to work.
同样,他们也不想让扬·涅梅茨工作
In the same way, they did not want Jan Němec to work
以及我们这一代人。还是老故事。
as well as our whole generation. It's the same old story.
我们的同事塞克文奇、沃利切克等希望我们,他们更成功。。。
Our colleagues, Sekvenc, Vorlíček, etc., wanted us, who were more successful...
消失。
to disappear.
这就是捷克人的性格。
That is the Czech character.
他们成功了,因为他们
And they were successful, because they had
巴兰多夫管理层的支持。
the support of the management of Barrandov.
他们不能解雇我
They could not fire me
因为当时法律不允许这样。
because at that time, the law did not allow that.
他们没有任何理由。
They did not have any reason.
他们也不能解雇杰雷什、博坎和希蒂洛娃夫人。
They could not fire Jireš, Bočan, Mrs. Chytilová either.
然而,当我们想做点什么的时候
Nevertheless, when we wanted to do something
他们会告诉我们这不适合他们
they would tell us that it does not suit them
他们给我们提供了无法拍摄的剧本。
and they offered us scripts that were un-filmable.
说白了,完全庸俗了
To put it bluntly and to be completely vulgar
它为笨蛋提供了机会。。。
it provided opportunities for pillocks, half-wits...
突然之间,他们拥有了巨大的力量。
all of a sudden they had this enormous power.
所有有能力的人突然被切断了联♥系♥。
All the capable people were suddenly cut off.
那是一个可怕的政♥权♥!
It was a horrible regime!
这个国家有足够多的共♥产♥党人
And there were enough communists in this country
他加入了这个政♥权♥。
who joined this regime.
或者假装什么都没发生过
Or who would pretend nothing had ever happened
比如门泽尔当他创作了《谁在寻找黄金?》
such as Menzel when he made Who Looks for Gold?
我会自己撒尿。
I would pee myself.
这太可怕了。
And that's horrible.
好可怕!
Horrible!
一切,尤其是在艺术方面,尤其是在电影制♥作♥方面
Everything, especially in the arts and especially in filmmaking
是妥协的结果。
is the result of a compromise.
如果你是一名工程师,你必须做出妥协
If you're an engineer, you have to make a compromise
用物理定律。
with the laws of physics.
你必须适应他们,你必须接受他们。
You have to adapt to them, you have to accept them.
如果你是建筑师,木工,任何东西,鞋匠或服务员
If you're an architect, a joiner, anything, a shoemaker or a waiter
你必须接受你工作的餐馆,携带他们制♥作♥的食物
you have to accept the restaurant you work at, carry the food they make
你必须这么做。
you simply have to do that.
关键是在给定的条件下尽你所能做到最好。
The point is to do it the best you can under the given conditions.
电影制♥作♥也是如此。
The same goes for filmmaking.
你不能因为共♥产♥党人想要就停止拍电影。
You can't stop making movies just because the communists want it.
我打电♥话♥给埃瓦尔德,他是我们的顾问
I called Evald, who was sort of our counsellor
因为他是我们中最大的一个
as he was the eldest one of us
我想也是最聪明的
and the wisest one as well, I think
我问他,“你觉得我应该辞职吗,埃瓦尔德?”
and I asked him, "Do you think I should quit the job, Evald?"
埃瓦尔德说:“是他们解雇了你。”
And Evald said, "It's they who have to fire you."
“不要放弃。等着他们解雇你吧。”
"Don't quit. Wait for them to fire you."
“如果你辞职了,你打算怎么办?扫街?”
"If you quit, what are you going to do? Sweep the streets?"
“那你打算怎么打扫呢?”
"And how are you going to sweep them?"
“你会做得很好,因为你做得很好
"You'll do it well, because you do things well
无论如何,你都会用你的工作来支持这个政♥权♥。”
and you'll support the regime with your work anyway."
“所以,什么都不要做,就等着吧。”
"So, don't do anything and just wait."
在极权主义时期我选择了一种策略。。。
During totalitarianism I chose a tactic...
我让他们知道我已经准备好了
I made certain they knew I was prepared
让他们淹死我。。。但我会把他们带走。
for them to drown me... But I'd take them down with me.
我确定我能把他们带走。
I made sure I could take them down with me.
我会制♥造♥这样的丑闻
I would have made such a scandal
这会让他们失去位置。
it would've cost them their positions.
她说:“他们家里都有老婆。”
She said, "They all have wives at home."
“他们都很害怕,尤其是当他们变得歇斯底里的时候。”
"And they're all terrified of them, particularly when they become hysterical."
“所以我决定扮演歇斯底里的妻子,基本上。”
"So I decided to play the hysterical wife, basically."
所以她突然发作,她采取了任何必要的行动
And so she threw fits and she behaved in whatever way was necessary to
试着说服他们让她做她想做的事。
try and persuade them to let her do what she wanted to do.
在我收到的剧本中,有一个。。。
Among the scripts I'd been offered, there was this one...
我遇到了作家,他们是两个记者
I met the writers, they were two journalists
剧本是关于石油管道的建设。
and the script was about the construction of an oil pipeline.
我遇到了作者,我问他们
I met the authors and I asked them
如果他们去看一部基于剧本的电影。。。
if they would go to see a film based on that script...
如果他们愿意买♥♥票。
if they would buy the tickets.
他们说他们不会!
They said that they would not!
我喜欢他们的诚实,所以我告诉他们
I liked their honesty, so I told them
“好吧,我会的。我真的得做点什么。”
"Alright, I will do it. I really have to do something."
我们去看了建筑
We went to see the construction
但那只是地上的一个洞。
but it was just a hole in the ground.
到处都是挖土机,但除此之外什么也拍不到。
A digger here and there, but otherwise nothing that could be filmed.
所以我再次说那是不可拍摄的
So I again said that it was not filmable
他们建议我去看看大坝
and they advised me to go and look at a dam
它正在建造中,很有趣。
which was being built - and it was interesting.
电影精选列表