有士兵停下来检查那里所有的汽车。
and there were soldiers stopping and checking all the cars there.
我对自己说:“不,我只能被捷克警♥察♥检查。”
And I said to myself, "No. I can only be checked by a Czech policeman."
我沿着DlouháStreet开车去了Náměstírepublicky
I drove on along Dlouhá Street to Náměstí Republiky
那里有士兵
where there were soldiers
谁已经听到了桥上士兵的声音
who'd already heard the soldiers on the bridge
在我开车经过他们的时候向我的车拍摄。
shooting at my car as I was driving past them.
他们开始向我跑来跑去
They started running at me in a spread line
我不能从他们身边开过去,因为我得从他们身边开过去。
and I couldn't drive past them, because I'd have to drive over them.
所以我停下来,他们包围了我。
So I stopped and they surrounded me.
他们想把我从车里拉出来,但我把自己锁在里面了。
They wanted to pull me out of the car but I locked myself inside.
我非常生气。
I was terribly angry.
但幸运的是,当我被俄♥国♥人包围时,那些奇怪的面孔
But fortunately, as I was surrounded by the Russians, the strange faces
他们身后有捷克公民
there were Czech citizens right behind them
冲我喊,“别屈服,吉尔卡!”
shouting at me, "Don't give in, Jirka!"
他们大声叫我不要让士兵逮捕我。
They were shouting at me not to let the soldiers arrest me.
然后一个俄♥国♥♥军♥官出现了
Then a Russian army officer showed up
他很聪明。他比周围的俄♥国♥人受过更多的教育。
and he was smart. He was way more educated than the Russians around him.
他很有礼貌地要求我不要再胡闹了
He asked me very politely to stop acting foolishly
从车里出来,不会对我造成伤害。
and to get out of the car, that no harm would come to me.
一切都突然崩溃了。
Everything suddenly collapsed.
这个。。。
The...
雅库比斯科、哈维塔和哈纳克推出了新电影
Jakubisko, Havetta and Hanák had new films out
占领后就被禁止了。
which were banned right after the Occupation.
审查员把这些电影撤出电影院
The censors withdrew these films from movie theatres
他们把它们放在架子上。他们不再被筛选了。
and they shelved them. They weren't screened anymore.
所以情况是。。。绝对令人沮丧和绝望。
So the situation was... absolutely depressing and hopeless.
在雅库比斯科的情况下,人们可以说为什么
In case of Jakubisko one can say why
这些电影极富创造性,流动自如。
the films were extremely inventive and free flowing.
他们显示了戈达尔的影响力。
They showed the influence of Godard.
他们间接或非常直接地批评了俄♥国♥人
They were critical indirectly or very directly with the Russians
例如《逃兵与游牧民族》(1968)
for instance The Deserter And The Nomads (1968)
这部电影分为三个部分,第一部分是关于第一次世界大战的
which was filmed with three parts, the first part on the First World War
第二次是二战,第三次是核浩劫。
second on the Second World War and the third after the nuclear holocaust.
这份工作剥夺了我创作生涯中最自♥由♥的时光。
The Occupation took away from me the most free period of my creative life.
我那时还年轻。
I was young.
无论我往哪里看,我都能看到一部电影的主题。
Wherever I looked, I saw a theme for a film.
我需要拍电影。
I needed to make films.
我想每两年拍一部故事片。
I wanted to make a feature film every two years.
我的笔记会给我足够的材料
My notes would've given me enough material
我知道我想拍什么电影。
I knew what films I wanted to make.
我不得不说再见了。
I had to say goodbye to that.
自从我上一次拍摄任何东西以来,已经过了很多时间了。
So much time has gone by since I last shot anything.
嗯,谁是扬·帕拉赫。。。
Well, who was Jan Palach...
他是那个时代的孩子。
He was a child of that era.
我一直在说,这是一个转变
As I am continuously saying, it was a transformation
从纳粹主义和共♥产♥主义
from Nazism and Communism
正在某处形成的变化
the change that was forming somewhere
布拉格之春由此诞生。
and out of it the Prague Spring was born.
他是布拉格之春的一个孩子
He was one of the children of the Prague Spring who believed
它给电影制♥作♥人带来了一定的自♥由♥
that it was bringing a certain freedom to the filmmakers
以及其他人。
as well as to everyone else.
当我感到悲伤时,我不喜欢走在人群中
I don't like to walk in the crowd when I'm feeling sad
因为我怕我会遇到。。。
because I'm afraid I'll meet someone...
不感到悲伤的人。。。
who doesn't feel sad...
或者只是假装。
or is just pretending.
至于快乐,这是我很久没有感觉到的。。。
As for cheerfulness, that is something I haven't felt for a long time...
我想是几年吧。
a couple of years, I think.
布拉格之春带来的欢乐
From the euphoria that the Prague Spring brought with itself
震惊是如此之大,以至于大人们的行为举止都像他们自己
the shock was so immense that the adults behaved in a way that they were
回到原来的生活方式,他们开始在自己内部进行合作。
coming back to their former ways, they started to collaborate within themselves.
他是少数几个想指出这一点的人之一。他想呼救
He was one of the few who wanted to point it out. He wanted to cry for help
不能再这样下去了,我们必须做点什么。
that it couldn't go on like that, that we had to do something.
你只能听到人们走路时擦伤脚的声音。
You can only hear people scuffing their feet as they were walking.
但除此之外。。。安静。全国人♥民♥跪下
But other than that... silence. The entire nation knelt down
在这个人面前
in front of this individual
他把时代的重担扛在自己的肩上。
who took the weight of the era on his own shoulders.
喂,你好!我看见有人在走。你从哪里来?
Well, hello there! I see somebody walking. Where are you coming from?
从森林里。
From the forest.
-你长得像蘑菇一样吗?-我们迷路了。
- Did you go mushrooming? - Well, we kind of lost our way.
请进。请进。
Come in. Come in.
我准备拍我梦想中的电影。但突然俄♥国♥人来了
I was ready to make my dream film. But suddenly the Russians came
一切都崩溃了。
and everything fell apart.
我所有的好同胞都被禁止了
All My Good Countrymen was banned
因为这是反对共♥产♥党的罪行
because it was against the crimes of the Communist Party
与纳粹相似。
which were similar to those of the Nazis.
没那么多,但是斯大林杀了更多的人。
Not that much, but Stalin killed even more people.
在某种程度上,1969年的电影
In a way, the films made in 1969
是整个新浪潮时期最具政♥治♥色彩的。
were the most political ones of the whole New Wave period.
这就是为什么在波希米亚和斯洛伐克拍摄的8到9部电影被禁的原因。
That's why some 8 to 9 films made in Bohemia and Slovakia were banned.
我的电影322要烧掉了。
My film 322was to be burnt.
这与五部电影有关:西罗夫的葬礼
This was related to five movies: Sirovy's Funeral Ceremonies
门泽尔的《失翼灵雀》
Menzel's Larks on a String
埃瓦尔德是第七天,第八晚
Evald's The Seventh Day, the Eighth Night
卡奇纳的耳朵,浪费了星期天。
Kachyna's The Ear, and Squandered Sunday.
那五部电影。
Those five movies.
我不知道他们有没有告诉任何人任何原因,但他们从来没有告诉我。
I don't know if they told anybody any reason, but they never told me.
我写了一份上诉状
I wrote a sort of an appeal
那是当时阅读量最大的报纸。
that was published in the most read newspaper back then.
在呼吁中我指的是甘地
In the appeal I was referring to Gandhi
我们应该接受他对占领的看法。
that we should adopt his views to the Occupation.
不合作。
And to not co-operate.
它发表了,引起了强烈的反响。
It was published and it had a strong reaction.
但这就是为什么
But it became the reason why
然后我不得不解释我自己。
I then had to explain myself.
不仅仅是我。
And not only me.
说实话,我们一直被监视着。
To tell you the truth, we were being watched the entire time.
他们特别问了每个人这个问题
They asked everybody especially the question
我们是否同意盟军的国际援助。
whether we agreed with the international "assistance" from our allied armies.
我是。。。
I was...
我不能说我同意。
I wasn't able to say I agreed.
我说我不能接受。。。
I said I couldn't come to terms with it...
对我来说是如此的痛苦
that it was so deeply traumatising for me
我没有接受。
that I hadn't come to terms with it.
有了这个答案,我冒着生命危险。
With that answer, I risked my existence.
但我不能说我同意。
But I couldn't say I agreed.
留在党内的每个人都不得不说他们参加了。
Everybody who remained in the Party had to say they did.
我想这对他们来说一定是极大的耻辱。
I think it must have been extremely humiliating for them.
他们不得不这么说,尽管他们不这么认为。
They had to say so even though they didn't think so.
每个人都在为生存而战,
Everybody was just fighting for their living,
一本小红皮书,实际上,它是工作许可证。
for a little red book which, in fact, served as a working permit.
这是党员身份证,没有它就难多了。
It was the Party membership ID and it was much harder without it.
但是,当然,门泽尔是一个伟大的电影制片人
But, of course, Menzel is a great filmmaker
他拍了很多优秀的电影。
and he's made excellent films.
如果有人说,“好吧,但他从来没说过占领”
And if somebody says, "OK, but he never said anything about the occupation"
那句话完全不相干。
that remark is completely irrelevant.
因为说了什么的人
Because people who said something
关于这件事再也没用了。
about it couldn't work anymore.
某人。。。我知道。。。门泽尔曾经说过他同意
Somebody... I know... Menzel once said that he agreed
声明俄♥国♥人不是居住者,这是兄弟般的帮助
with the statement that Russians aren't occupants, that it was a brotherly help
我不知道确切的公式。我想他上电视了
I don't know the exact formulation. I think that he came on television
他开始忏悔,开始把占领相对化。
and he started to repent and he started to relativize the Occupation.
门泽尔说是他干的
Menzel said he did that
因为他想拍电影。
because he wanted to make movies.
每个人都必须自己回答这个问题。
Everyone has to answer this question on his own.
我对自己说:“我不能宣布这是另外一回事
I said to myself, "I can't proclaim that it was otherwise
或者我同意只是为了拍电影。”
or that I agree with it just to be able to make movies."
加上会拍什么样的电影
Plus what kind of films would be made
在巴兰多夫的新头头下?
under the new head dramaturges at Barrandov?
他们太可怕了。我记得两部,也许三部电影
They were awful. I can remember two, maybe three movies
从20年的正常化时期开始。
from the 20-year period of Normalisation.
电影精选列表