我的教授,奥塔卡·瓦夫拉
My professor, Otakar Vávra
实际上是这家电影院的创始人。
was in fact the father of this cinema.
每当我拍这部电影时,我总是尽量记住他的基本建议
Whenever I make the movie, I always try to remember his basic suggestions
三年来他一直在给我们上课。
that he was doing while three years he was giving us his lessons.
我一直记得他的这种态度。
And I always remember him for this kind of attitude.
我想说的是,就像我之前说的,电影的构造方法
And, I would say, as I said before, tectonic approach to the cinema
电影院不仅仅是。。。你的基础是强烈的冲突。
that cinema is not just... you're based on the strong conflict.
他总是说。我一直记得这个。
He said always. And I always remember this.
如果没有强烈的冲突,你不能让观众坐上2小时或3小时。
Without strong conflict, you cannot make audience 2 hours or 3 hours being seated.
请进!你好!
Please come in! Hello!
你好!
Hello!
你好!很高兴认识你!很高兴认识你!
Hello! Nice to meet you! Nice to meet you!
拜托!
Please!
咖啡?喝茶?
Coffee? Tea?
他们这次来这里主要是因为瓦夫拉,
They came here primarily because of Vávra this time,
他们已经和他约好了。
they already had an appointment fixed with him.
他们已经约好了Němcová夫人
They have already made an appointment with Mrs. Němcová
现在他们对他死感到非常难过。
and now they're feeling very sorry that he died.
他们等了整整一年,主要是因为他。
They waited the whole year and they came mainly because of him.
是的,很不幸,但是你可以和我谈谈
Yes, it is unfortunate, but you can talk to
他妻子对他了如指掌。
his wife who knows everything about him.
吉特卡是个奇迹。她是他的学生,比他年轻40岁,
Jitka is a miracle. She is his student, 40 years younger,
她每天都照顾他直到最后一天,这并不容易。
and she used to take care of him daily till the last day, which wasn't easy.
她自己拍电影
She shot her own films
与此同时,她设法照顾了瓦夫拉
and along with that she managed to take care of Vávra
在一个非常特别的。。。不友善,但仍然爱的方式。
in a very special... unkind, but still loving way.
我非常感谢她为他,为我的教授所做的一切。
I am very grateful to her for what she had done for him, for my professor.
多亏了她,他晚年过得很安逸。那太好了。
Thanks to her he had a very comfortable old age. That is very nice.
一、 当然,我的教授去世了,我很难过。
I, of course, feel sad that my professor passed away.
我对他有很多感激之情。
I am grateful to him for many things.
除了父母,我从教授那里学到的最多。
Apart from my parents, I learned the most from my professor.
奥塔卡·瓦夫拉有两次爱,实际上是三次-
Otakar Vávra had two loves, actually three -
我,伊日·门泽尔,还有库斯图里卡。
me, Jiří Menzel, and Emir Kusturica.
我想门泽尔比我还厉害。他们深爱着对方。
Menzel more than me, I think. They loved each other immensely.
我不是崇拜者。。。他正好相反。
I am not admirer... he is just opposite.
第一步,当他以导演系主任的身份进入学校时,
First step, when he entered the school as a chief of the directing department,
他拒绝了我毕业作品的剧本电影,
he said no to my diploma work's screenplay film ready for production,
他就这样阻止了!
and he just stopped it!
我差点说,“我永远也完成不了这所学校”。
And I was very close to say, "I'll never finish the school".
他只是行使他的权力,所有人都在恐吓他。
And he just exercised his power that everybody was afraiding him.
这是FAMU的诞生。
This is the BIRTH OF FAMU.
你可以看到它看起来像什么。。。
You can see what it looks like...
太棒了。。。这么好的学校。。。
It's wonderful... such a great school later...
是的,这里还有什么?
Yes, what else do we have here?
这里需要什么。。。另一个VHS。。。
What's needed here... another VHS...
1934年纽伦堡的党代会。哇!太棒了,真的!
Party Congress in Nuremberg, 1934. Wow! That's great, really!
巴罗瓦已经和戈培尔在一起了,太好了。
Baarová was already there with that Goebbels, great.
这里有一些相册。
Here are some albums.
这是位于布尔诺的捷克技术大学
This is the Czech Technical University in Brno
因为瓦夫拉学的是建筑
because Vávra studied architecture
他从未完成的课程。
a course he never finished.
这是他的设计,看!这些真是难以置信。
Here are his designs, look! These are truly incredible.
拍电影就像盖房♥子,
Creating a movie, it's like building a house,
你必须从地基到屋顶
that you have to go from the foundation to the roof
你必须有强烈的构造感
that you have to have the strong sense of something very tectonic
垂直,水平,和
vertical, horizontal, and as strong as
你对某些东西的正式反应。。。
the formal reaction you could have to some pieces...
属于艺术史的建筑。
of architecture that belong to the history of art.
奥塔卡·瓦夫拉拍了很多好电影,接踵而至。
Otakar Vávra made many good films, following one after another.
他想好好拍电影,这就是为什么,
He wanted to make films properly, which is why,
在战争期间,
already during the war,
战后,他发明了一套教育新电影制片人的制度。
he invented a system for teaching new filmmakers after the war.
他为我们准备了四年的讲座
He prepared four years of lectures for us
这教会了我们该知道的关于我们职业的一切。
which taught us everything we should know about our profession.
两年前,也就是2011年,他去世的时候,他把讲座留给了我。
And when he died two years ago, in 2011, he left me the lectures.
他从来没有把讲课抄下来。这意味着他们不在别的地方。
He never got the lectures copied. That means that they are nowhere else.
只有我拥有它们。
It is only me who has them.
我带走了他们,我跟着瓦夫拉。我在FAMU教他们。
I have taken them and I followed Vávra. I teach them here at FAMU.
首先,讲座的开头很漂亮。
First of all, the beginning of the lectures is beautiful.
他提醒我们电影是一门艺术,
He reminds us that film is an art,
那部电影有时能超越文学。
and that film can sometimes get ahead of literature.
我也认为捷克新浪潮不会发生
I also think that the Czech New Wave would not have happened
如果奥塔卡尔·瓦夫拉教授在1945年没有帮助捷克斯洛伐克电影国有化的话。
if Professor Otakar Vávra did not help nationalise Czechoslovak cinema in 1945.
一方面,他是一位伟大的电影制片人。
On one hand, he was a great filmmaker.
但是还有。。。
But there was also...
他能够服从政♥权♥,
He was able to conform to the regime,
他能拍出对政♥权♥有利的电影。
he was able to make regime-friendly films.
你知道的?
You know?
瓦夫拉是瓦伊拉·希蒂洛娃的班主任,但我们和他一起上课。。。
Vávra was the head of Věra Chytilová's class, but we had lectures with him...
关于导演,关于戏剧的演变。。。作为一个教授,我非常尊敬他!
on directing, on evolution of drama... I respected him as a professor so much!
我通过拍电影完成了学业
I finished my studies by making a movie
黑钥匙上的赋格曲是在他的指导下,而不是在瓦瑟曼的指导下。
Fugue on the Black Keys under his guidance, not under Wassermann's.
我也是瓦夫拉的助理导演,负责《号♥角》的浪漫。
I also was Vávra's assistant director for Romance for Bugle.
在瓦夫拉教我的时候,我和他关系很暧昧
I had very ambiguous relations with Vávra when he was teaching me
因为他是一个非常,你知道,非常模棱两可的人。
because he was very, you know, very ambiguous man.
他的传记非常非常复杂。
His biography was very, very complex and complicated.
我是一个非常不妥协的年轻人。
And I was very uncompromising young person.
所以他不是我的权威。
So he wasn't the authority to me.
但我认为他是一个伟大的老师。
But I think he was a great teacher.
这意味着,他可以提供保险,
It means, he was able to give the insurance,
为了让这些学生对电影有信心,
to give some kind of the faith in the cinema to those students,
而大多数这一代的学生
and most of the students from the generation
新浪潮的人真的很佩服他。
of the New Wave really admired him.
就在他死后不久
And just recently after his death
我从监狱档案里看了一些文件
I read some papers from my prison files
当然,我不知道。。。
which I didn't know, of course...
我知道瓦夫拉帮了我很大的忙
and I learned that Vávra was helping me enormously
给我很好的印象,我是伟大的共♥产♥主义者和社♥会♥主♥义♥者
giving me very good opinion that I'm great communist and socialist person
我是一个。。。等等,等等。。。
that I am a... blah, blah...
为了不让我被学校开除。
just to save me from being thrown out from the school.
所以,在政♥治♥上,他也不是那么黑人和白人
So, also politically, he wasn't so black and white
就像一些人描述的那样。
as some people described him.
我认为瓦夫拉可能是20世纪的精华-
I think Vávra probably is the quintessence of the 20th century -
在电影中,在政♥治♥中,男人的命运
in the filmmaking, in the politics, the destiny of the man
他们经历了不同的极权政体
who went through different totalitarian regimes
有点像泽利格,试着改变自己去适应。
and a bit like Zelig, try to know to change himself to accommodate.
但同时,你知道,他。。。
But in the same time, you know, he...
他保留了一些对他来说最重要的东西
He kept something which was the most important for him
相信拍电影很重要。
the faith that making movies is very important thing.
万岁,是红军!
Hurray, it's the Red Army!
有和平!
There is peace!
人们指责瓦夫拉是政♥权♥的仆人。。。这不是真的。
People accuse Vávra of being a servant of the regime... it's not true.
他们责怪他什么,可以责怪整整一代人。
What they blame him for, they can blame the whole generation for.
后来我发现
I later found in my life
拍电影比看电影重要得多
that making cinema is much more important than
直接支持一种或另一种政♥治♥选择。
directly supporting just one political option or another.
我无法理解与每个政♥府♥结盟的过程。
That process of making an alliance with every government is far beyond me.
没有正面的话语,我不能谈论我的教授
I can't talk about my professor without positive words
因为他教了我在别的地方学不到的东西
because he taught me things I never could've learnt anywhere else
除了布拉格的FAMU。
except for here at FAMU in Prague.
伊莉亚·卡桑获得了终身成就奖
Elia Kazan was getting his lifelong achievement Academy Award
我永远不会忘记电视屏幕。
and I will never forget the TV screen.
观众没有站起来。
The audience didn't get up.
终身成就奖!
For lifelong achievement Academy Award!
但不知怎的他们不能忘记,他们不能说
But they somehow couldn't forget, they couldn't say
“哦,没关系。那是在50年代。
"Oh, that's OK. That was in the '50s".
同年,瓦夫拉获得了终身成就奖
The same year, Vávra was getting his lifelong achievement award
在卡罗维法利国际电影节
in Karlovy Vary International Film Festival
我坐在那里
and I was sitting there
我很好奇捷克观众还是捷克电影人
and I was so curious whether the Czech audience or Czech filmmakers
电影精选列表