当它就在在这裡工作的每个人的眼皮底下时。
when it was right in front of the noses of everyone working here.
我知道你只做过四次,
I know you've only ever done four,
或者偶尔的三位数桉件,但是...
or the occasional three-figure cases, but...
你对挑战97号♥有什麽感觉?
how would you feel about taking on number 97?
这是来自执行副总裁的直接请求。
It's a direct request from the EVP.
我很乐意。
I'd be happy to.
您的第一个两位数桉例。
Your first double-digit case.
加油。我帮你挑选材料。
Come on. I'll help you pick out the material.
当安德鲁走在我旁边时
As Andrew walked next to me
沿着五楼的大厅
along the halls of the fifth floor
怀裡背着沉重的担子,
with the heavy burden in his arms,
感觉他是我的助手。
it felt like he was my assistant.
奥森,我们应该带一辆手推车。
Orson, we should've brought a cart.
他开始依赖我了。
He had started to rely on me.
随着时间的流逝,我变得烦躁起来,
As the days passed, I grew irritated,
不得不对我真正的工作场所保持沉默。
having to keep quiet about my real workplace.
此外,我厌倦了等待
Besides, I was tired of having to wait
直到其他人每天都离开
until all the others had left each day
在我完成任何事情之前。
before I could get anything done.
当我在接待处经过艾丽莎时,我在想这件事,
I was thinking about it as I passed Alyssa in reception,
谁已经好几天没有看我了,
who hadn't looked at me for several days now,
因此,没有给我一个合适的机会
and thus, hadn't given me an appropriate opportunity
以表明我保持距离。
to show that I was keeping my distance.
我冒昧地购买♥♥,费用由公♥司♥承担,
I've taken the liberty of purchasing, at company expense,
小礼物...
a small gift...
强调您如何适应新协定
to emphasize how you've adjusted to the new protocols
并表明我为你感到骄傲。
and to show how proud I am of you.
非常感谢你,安德鲁。我很欣赏这个姿态,
Thank you very much, Andrew. I appreciate the gesture,
呃,但还有更重要的事情要讨论。
uh, but there's something more important to discuss.
呃。。。
Uh...
显然,我没有提出任何要求,
Obviously, I'm not making any kind of demand,
但是,呃...
but, uh...
你会让我更容易在这裡选择你
you would be making it easier for me to choose you here
如果我有机会考虑其他任何事情。
if there were ever any chance of me considering anything else.
你想离开我们吗?
Are you thinking of leaving us?
我无法进入那个。
I can't get into that.
嗯。。。
Hmm...
你想谈什麽?
What would you like to talk about?
好吧,我不想提到任何人的名字,但是...
Well, I don't wanna mention anyone by name, but...
我能想到公♥司♥裡至少有一个人
I could think of at least one person at the company
谁是吸毒者。
who is a drug user.
但这不是我主要关心的问题。
But that's not my main concern.
我认为我们可以理所当然地认为在座的每个人,
I think we can take for granted that of everyone here,
我在工作方面贡献最大,
I contribute the most in terms of work,
我觉得我应该有自己的空间是合理的,
and I find it reasonable that I should have a space of my own,
一个办公室,如果你愿意的话,在那裡做这项工作。
an office, if you will, in which to do that work.
我想提议...
I would like to propose that...
房♥间是我可以工作的地方。
the room is a place I could work.
你是说「房♥间」?- 嗯嗯。
You mean "the room"? - Mm-hmm.
不。不,不,不,不,不。
No. No, no, no, no, no.
我以为我们已经完成了。
I thought we were done with that.
嗯,不完全是。
Well, not exactly.
好的,在这种情况下,我们做正确的事情是非常重要的。
Okay, it is very important that we do the right thing in a situation like this.
这对整个公♥司♥都很重要。
It's important for the whole company.
我们不会做出任何仓促的决定。
We're not going to make any hasty decisions.
好吧,显然,我无法决定其他人会发生什麽......
Well, obviously, I can't decide what happens to anyone else...
不,确切地说。- ...除了我自己。
No, exactly. - ...apart from myself.
所以只要让我免费进入房♥间。
So just give me free access to the room.
我能理解他来自哪裡。
I could understand where he was coming from.
有创造力的人总是遇到阻力。
Creative people have always encountered resistance.
对于更直截了当的人来说,这是完全自然的
It's perfectly natural for more straightforward individuals
对有才华的人感到震惊。
to feel alarmed by someone of talent.
但是我玩得很开心。
But I was done playing nice.
谢谢你的拖鞋。
Thank you for the slippers.
也许我们现在已经到了这个地步
Maybe we've reached the point now
房♥间有一定意义的地方,
where the room has a certain significance,
那麽,在这些条件下,它确实存在。
and on those terms, then, it does exist.
我得有多疯狂才能得到免费的拖鞋?
How crazy do I have to be to get the free slippers?
这是怎麽回事?
What's going on?
安德鲁上楼去找执行副总裁。
Andrew went upstairs to the EVP.
为什麽?
What for?
好吧,他要问他。
Well, he's gonna ask him.
关于什麽?
About what?
关于房♥间。这就是我们达成的协定。
About the room. That's what we agreed.
这是执行副总裁的事。
This is a matter for the executive vice president.
这可能是对的。
That's probably right.
你到底想要什麽?
What exactly is it that you want?
我只想做好我的工作。
I just want to do my job.
你认为我们在做什麽?
What do you think we're doing?
我不能完全肯定地说。
I can't say with total certainty.
现在,这是一个如此宏伟而详细的专桉......
Now, this is such a grandiose and detailed project...
...而且它是如此巧妙的恶意。
...and it's so ingeniously malicious.
我不得不承认,我对它有点着迷。
I have to admit, I'm kinda fascinated by it.
但看到执行副总裁怎麽说将是令人兴奋的
But it will be exciting to see what the EVP says
当安德鲁回来时。
when Andrew comes back down.
是的。
Yeah.
说着,我穿上外套,早早地去吃午饭了。
And with that, I put on my coat and went off to lunch early.
奥森!他们让我在你进来的那一刻抓住你。
Orson! They asked me to grab you the second you came in.
安德鲁需要在他的办公室见你。
Andrew needs to see you in his office.
他说你可以直接进去等他。
He said you could go right in and wait for him.
任何一分钟,安德鲁都会在这裡乞求我的原谅,
Any minute, Andrew would be here begging for my forgiveness,
我希望有一些合理的解释
and with, I hope, some reasonable explanation
对于到底发生了什麽。
for what's really been going on.
我要向他承认,我已经利用这个房♥间进行各种活动。
I would admit to him I have made use of the room for all manner of activities.
我已经做了我的大部分工作——他将不得不原谅我这样说——
I have done most of my-- and he will have to forgive me for putting it like this--
那裡的「特别成功」的工作
"singularly-successful" work in there
晚上和晚上。
during the evenings and at night.
而且,是的,我打算继续这样做。
And, yes, I intend to keep on doing so.
但安德鲁的背叛是不会被原谅的。
But Andrew's betrayals would not be forgiven.
我只会留下来,条件是他走了。
I would only stay on the condition that he goes.
五分钟、六分钟、也许七分钟的激烈沉默过去了。
Five, six, maybe seven minutes of intense silence passed.
你好,奥森。
Hello, Orson.
我直接来自执行副总裁。
I've come straight from the EVP.
最后。
Finally.
我们,呃...我们聊了很久。
We, uh... we spent a long time talking.
所以,嗯...
So, um...
好吧,我告诉了他一切,关于你,
Well, I informed him about everything, about you,
以及您非凡的成就,
and your extraordinary accomplishments,
你独特的工作方式,
your peculiar way of working,
和你的要求,呃...
and your request for the, uh...
房♥间。
the room.
他非常认真地考虑了这种情况。
He very seriously considered the situation.
他给我看了
He showed me
平面图。
the floor plans.
奥森,我们一起看了他们。
Orson, we looked at them together.
他毫不怀疑,非常...
He was in no doubt, very...
我怎麽能说呢...
How can I put it...
他的论点很有说服力。
Persuasive in his argument.
在这个四楼,电梯和浴室之间,
On this, the fourth floor, between the elevators and the bathrooms,
绝对没有其他空间。
there is absolutely no other space.
对不起,奥森,但他的决定是最终决定。
And I'm sorry, Orson, but his decision is final.
我必须放你走。
I have to let you go.
安德鲁受到我的威胁。-加油。
Andrew was threatened by me. - Come on.
他开始雇佣一架残疾人,一架无人机。
He'd set out to hire an invalid, a drone
他永远无法接近他微薄的能力水准。
who could never approach his modest level of competence.
让我们清理你的办公桌。
Let's clear out your desk.
当他意识到我比他更有能力时,
When he realized I was more capable than he was,
我自然成了他的敌人。
I naturally became his enemy.
你犯了一个可怕的错误。
You're making a terrible mistake.
对不起,奥森。我确实试图警告你。
I am sorry, Orson. I did try to warn you.
电影精选列表