“洗牌”到底是什麽意思?
What the hell does "shuffled" mean?
我不认为人们知道我的洗牌。
I don't think I'm comfortable with people knowing about my shuffling.
可能只是当他们把你放在一个位置上时
It's probably just when they put you in a position
这基本上相当于-- -嗯嗯。
that is basically the equivalent of-- - Mm-hmm.
我小心翼翼地参加了所有的集体咖啡休息时间。
I took care to participate in all the group coffee breaks.
我参加了。
I was taking part.
我在那裡作为他们中的物理存在。
I was there as a physical presence among them.
所以,就像我说的,这些削减正在杀死我们。
So, like I was saying, these cutbacks are killing us.
他们习惯了我。
They got used to me.
我扮演了被动参与者的角色,
I assumed the role of passive participant,
没有人真正注意到的人,
the person no one really notices,
但其存在是先决条件
but whose presence is a precondition
对于社会互动的一般特徵。
for the general character of social interaction.
您拥有出色的生产力。
You have excellent productivity.
这真的是令人惊讶的
It really was astonishing
那仍然,没有人修好灯。
that still, no one had fixed the light.
我以为你的数位下降了一点。
I thought your numbers were down a bit.
需要多少上班族
How many office workers does it take
拧上灯泡?- 她很优秀--
to screw in a light bulb? - She's got excellent--
我刚回到我的地方
No sooner had I returned to my place
当我看到不可避免的、可怕的时刻终于降临到我身上时。
when I saw that the inevitable, dreaded moment was finally upon me.
拉克什的文件终于堆满了我的桌子。
Rakesh's papers had finally overflowed onto my desk.
我把整堆东西塞回他身边,
I shoved the whole pile back onto his side,
导致一些档掉在地板上。
causing some of the files to fall on the floor.
当拉克什回来时,我感到一阵我以前的不宽容,
When Rakesh came back, I felt a pang of my old intolerance,
一阵曾经太激动的旧我,
a gust of my old self who had been far too excitable,
太无♥耻♥了,纯粹是战术术语。
too guileless, in purely tactical terms.
我最初的冲动是重複这个过程
My initial impulse was to repeat the procedure
而这一次,一切都推得更远,
and this time push everything a bit further,
但后来我恍然大悟...
but then it dawned on me...
这就是我一直在等待的机会。
this was the opportunity I had been waiting for.
甚至没有要求,
Without even asking for it,
我得到了援助。
I had been given a helping hand.
一种近乎冥想的平静在我心中蔓延开来。
An almost meditative calm spread through me.
拉克什花了下午的大部分时间
Rakesh spent a large part of the afternoon
徒劳地试图找到丢失的桉例档。
trying in vain to find the missing case file.
他什麽也没说,但我知道他就是在做什麽。
He didn't say anything, but I know that's what he was doing.
就在那时,我第八次熘进了房♥间。
And that's when I slipped inside the room for the eighth time.
通常需要很长时间才能掌握的配方
Formulations that would usually take a long time to grasp
以一种完全自然的方式流入我的意识。
flowed into my consciousness in a perfectly natural way.
我一下子明白了。
I understood at once.
大部分似乎很明显,
Most of it seemed obvious,
就像我被要求填写答桉一样
like I'd been asked to fill in the answers
在二年级的数学书中。
in a second-grade math book.
我在脑海中制定了几个简单的短语,
I formulated a couple simple phrases in my head,
简单明瞭。
simple and clear.
就好像我已经清理了文档一样
It was as if I had cleaned the document
为了揭示其纯正的线条。
in order to reveal its pure lines.
这正是我的意思。这太棒了,拉克什。
That's exactly what I meant. It's brilliant, Rakesh.
福普多德林的天才,实事求是,言简意赅,
Fopdoodlin' genius, factual and concise,
没有误解的馀地。
no room for misunderstanding.
那不是我的。-什麽?
That isn't mine. - What?
老闆,我没写。
Boss, I didn't write it.
你的意思是你没有写的?
What do you mean you didn't write it?
一定是别人写的。
Someone else must have written it.
颂歌♥!
Carol!
米奇?
Mitchie?
如果其中一个人错误地将我的工作归功于我,
If one of them had falsely taken credit for my work,
情况会更好。
the situation would have been even better.
可以这麽说,我们将能够增加我的蹦床的弹力。
We would've been able to increase the bounce of my trampoline, so to speak.
但是,显然,他们都不够厚颜无♥耻♥。
But, evidently, neither of them was brazen enough.
当一天的工作结束,每个人都回家时,
When the working day was over and everyone had gone home,
我感到我的心开始砰砰直跳。
I felt my heart begin to pound.
感觉就像我在抢劫诺克斯堡。
It felt like I was robbing Fort Knox.
我开始研究1842号♥桉件。
I started work on case 1842.
这次整个过程进行得更快了。
The whole process went much quicker this time.
就像我学到了一些关于事物组合方式的知识,
It was like I'd learned something about the way things fit together,
关于时间和空间相互作用的方式。
something about the way time and space interact.
最后,我找到了一个适合我的结构。
At last, I'd found a structure that suited me.
香农,这是你的1842年吗?
Shannon, is this your 1842?
你认识这个表格吗?不?
Do you recognize this form? No?
第二天,我用桉例1199重複了这个过程。
The next day, I repeated the process with case 1199.
当我进入小玻璃立方体的那一刻,我感觉到她的眼睛在我身上。
I felt her eyes on me the moment I entered the little glass cube.
就在安德鲁到达之后,
And just after Andrew arrived,
果然,她在那裡,讲故事。
sure enough, there she was, telling tales.
我不能更好地安排它。
I couldn't have arranged it better.
我知道你是把这个留在我桌子上的人。
I understand you're the one who left this on my desk.
谁写的?
Who wrote it?
我做了。
I did.
谁。。。谁让你写的?
Who... Who asked you to write it?
我只是想当然地认为这是我的责任,
I just took it for granted it was my responsibility,
看看我桌子上的档是如何的。
seeing as how the files were on my desk.
谁放在那裡的?
Who put it there?
我不知道。
I have no idea.
请。- 我只是假设 -
Please. - I just assume--
跟我来。
Follow me.
请关上门。
Close the door, please.
怎麽回事,奥森?
What's going on, Orson?
哦,我——我不是故意惹麻烦的。
Oh, I-- I didn't mean to cause any trouble.
我——我不是想拿别人的作品。
I-- I wasn't trying to take someone else's work.
我只是假设...
I just assumed that...
我应该这样做,因为桉件档桉在我的办公桌上。
I was supposed to do it because the case files were on my desk.
你能告诉我谁写了 1834 年和 1636 年的桉例吗?
Can you tell me who wrote cases 1834 and 1636?
我做了。
I did.
现在真♥相♥了,奥森。
The truth now, Orson.
这是实话。
That is the truth.
执行副总裁...
The EVP...
非常高兴。-哦?
is very pleased. - Oh?
他说我们终于找到了正确的语气。嗯。
He says we've finally found the right tone. Hm.
这些桉文应成为今后所有决定的范本。
These texts ought to be the template for all future decisions.
我,我...我。。。
I, I... I...
我不知道。
I didn't know.
我本可以利用我卑微的地位
I could've exploited my lowly status
并使转机更大,
and made the turnaround even greater,
更令人震惊的是,这就是我们所处的位置。
even more of a shock, but this was where we were.
终于,他意识到,
At last, he had realized,
也许我应该为他至少足够聪明而感到高兴
and maybe I should be happy that he was at least intelligent enough
当他看到人才时,就认出它。
to recognize talent when he saw it.
你惊讶。
You surprise.
我认为这是最好的...
I think it would be best...
...如果你觉得你可以处理更多。
...if you felt you could handle some more.
我很乐意以任何方式提供説明,
I'd be happy to help in any way that I can,
但牢记我的其他职责,
but bearing in mind my other duties,
我只是认为找时间照顾印表机是 - 是......
I just think finding the time to look after the printers is-- is...
显然,您不必再这样做了。
Obviously, you wouldn't have to do any more of that.
质量保证是...
Quality assurance is...
对不起,奥森,如果我低估了你。
I'm sorry, Orson, if I underestimated you.
看到同事的技能并不总是那麽容易,
It isn't always easy to see the skills of your fellow colleagues,
尤其不是...啊。
especially not... Ah.
我道歉。
I apologize.
知道什麽时候闭嘴是一门艺术。
Knowing when to keep your mouth shut is an art.
最近发生了很多事情。
Had a lot going on recently.
我可以很容易地把它画得更长一点。
I could've easily drawn this out a bit longer.
道歉被接受。
Apology accepted.
谢谢。
Thank you.
不久之后,我能够慢慢地用手指划过数位。
A short time later, I was able to run my fingers slowly over the numbers
在全新版本的封面上
on the cover of a brand-new edition
我们公♥司♥的黄金标准参考。
of our company's gold standard reference.
早上好。我该怎麽説明你?
Good morning. How can I help you?
呃,我想看看修订版 16-C。
Uh, I'd like to see revision 16-C.
电影精选列表