拧下损坏的将是一项简单的任务
It would be a simple task to unscrew the broken one
并用新的替换它。
and replace it with a new one.
我不敢相信没有人做过任何事情
I couldn't believe no one had done anything
关于这麽简单的问题。
about such a simple problem.
当与他长长的鬓角相结合时
When combined with his long sideburns
还有他眼底的戒指,
and the rings under his eyes,
Rakesh的夹克给人留下了异常邋遢的印象。
Rakesh's jacket made an unusually scruffy impression.
老实说,他的夹克一直困扰着我
To be honest, his jacket had been bothering me
从那天早上的第一件事开始,
since first thing that morning,
甚至在鞋套胡说八道之前。
even before that nonsense with the shoe covers.
我非常不喜欢那件夹克。
I seriously disliked that jacket.
我必须做点什麽来理清思路。
I had to do something to clear my mind.
那是我第三次走进房♥间的时候。
That's when I went into the room for the third time.
我的西装比我想像的更合身,
My suit fit better than I thought it did,
它悬挂的方式有一些东西
and there was something about the way it hung
这让我的身体看起来充满阳刚之气。
that made my body look virile.
我看起来非常放鬆,
I looked incredibly relaxed,
同时自信和意识。
simultaneously confident and aware.
我从来不认为自己有吸引力,
I had never thought of myself as attractive,
但我意识到是时候开始这样做了...
but I realized it was time to start doing so...
因为最好的是眼神。
because the best thing was the look in the eyes.
这是一笔新资产——
This was a new asset--
一双可以要求任何东西的眼睛
a pair of eyes that could demand anything
并得到它。
and get it.
拉克什履行职责
Rakesh carried out his duties
以同样的魔鬼般的关怀态度
with the same devil-may-care attitude
和其他人一样。
as everyone else.
他随时使用电♥话♥,
He used the phone whenever he liked,
只要他愿意,就休息一下。
took breaks whenever he felt like it.
他会花亿万年的时间凝视着远方。
He would spend eons gazing off into the distance
显然与工作没有任何关係。
without it apparently having anything to do with work.
时不时地,他甚至会试着和我说话。
Now and then, he would even try to talk to me.
发生了什麽事情?- 我会拒绝他,
What's happening? - I would rebuff him,
温柔而坚定,
gently but firmly,
通常用一个简单的手的手势。
usually with a simple gesture of the hand.
成功了。
It worked.
Rakesh有一个恼人的习惯,就是把他的档推到桌子上。
Rakesh had an irritating habit of shoving his papers across his desk
每次他开始新事物时,
every time he started something new,
这意味着最终,
which meant that eventually,
也许不是今天,也许不是明天,
maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow,
但不久的某一天,
but someday soon,
Rakesh的桌面会溢出。
Rakesh's desktop would overflow.
拉克什。
Rakesh.
是的?- 你有一分钟吗?
Yeah? - Do you have a minute?
是的。当然。- 看看你的周围。
Yeah. Yeah, sure. - Take a look around you.
呃。。。
Uh...
你看到了什麽?
What do you see?
呃。。。
Uh...
是的,我不知道。- 我们应该立即处理这个问题。
Yeah, I don't know. - We should deal with this right away.
W-用什麽?- 在这一切失控之前,
W-with what? - Before this gets out of hand,
我想让你听我说出来。我想你会明白我在说什麽。
I want you to hear me out. I think you'll see what I'm saying.
我们来散步吧。
Let's take a walk.
好。
Okay.
是的。好吧。-是的。我们来散步吧。
Yeah. All right. - Yeah. Let's take a walk.
最好私下处理这个问题。
It would be best to deal with this in private.
我注意到了一些事情。
There's something I've noticed.
什麽?
What?
您没有将旧档放回原处
You don't put your old files back
每当取出新档时。
whenever you take out new files.
等等,你说什麽?- 好吧,我要说的是
Wait, what did you say? - Well, what I'm saying is
你让你所有的论文
that you're letting all of your papers
摊开整个办公桌。
spread out all over your desk.
现在,很快,他们就会站在我这边,
Now, soon, they're gonna be on my side,
然后他们会侵佔我的空间。
and then they'll be encroaching in my space.
现在,我相信你能理解,
Now, I am, as I'm sure you can understand,
非常渴望利用我办公桌的全部空间。
very eager to utilize the full space of my desk.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,这很不方便,我们必须工作
I mean, it's inconvenient enough that we have to work
甚至没有一点隐私。
without even a modicum of privacy.
我的意思是,设置一个简单的分隔器有多难?
I mean, how hard is it to put up a simple divider?
对。
Right.
但不要担心。那不是你的问题。
But don't worry about that. That's not your problem.
我只要求你养成一些新习惯
All I'm asking is that you adopt some new habits
这不会有打扰我工作的风险。
that don't run the risk of disturbing my work.
你明白吗?
Do you understand?
伟大。
Great.
伟大。伟大。
Great. Great.
好吧,那麽,我建议我们回到我们的职责。
Well, then, I suggest we get back to our duties.
如果一切顺利,
If it all goes smoothly,
我们不必再提及这一点。
we needn't ever mention this again.
拉克什坐着看了我好一会儿。
Rakesh sat and looked at me for a long while
我们回到自己的地方后,
after we had returned to our places,
没有对他的论文♥做♥任何事情。
without doing anything about his papers.
我让他。大概,他不习惯被纠正
I let him. Presumably, he wasn't used to being corrected
以如此清晰有效的方式。
in such a clear and effective way.
不要把它当作训斥...
Don't think of it as a reprimand...
更多的是作为一种观察。
more as an observation.
屋子裡,一片平静。
Inside the room, there was a calm.
一种感觉像在学校清晨一样的专注。
A concentration that felt like early mornings at school.
它包含了同样的放鬆感觉和有限的自♥由♥。
It contained the same relaxed feeling and limited freedom.
整个房♥间都散发着传统的气息。
The whole room breathed tradition.
它有一种老式的气息。
There was an air of old-fashioned quality to it.
每条线似乎都与下一条线完美相连。
Each line seemed perfectly connected to the next.
一切凌乱和不安的东西都消失了。
Everything messy and unsettling vanished.
精度返回。
Precision returned.
这就是和尚的感觉吗
Is this what monks feel like
当他们走在修道院的走廊上时?
as they walk the corridors of their monasteries?
Rakesh还没有为他的论文找到更好的解决方桉,
Rakesh hadn't yet found a better solution for his papers,
但我对此感觉很好。
but I felt fine about it.
他可能不想就这样改变自己的行为
He probably didn't want to change his behavior just like that
被命令后。
after being ordered to.
我不能否认他有一定程度的骄傲。
I couldn't deny him a degree of pride.
如果事实证明他是有意识地阻挠,
If it turned out that he was consciously being obstructive,
如果一周内情况没有改善,
and if things hadn't improved within a week,
我将不得不再次提出这个问题。
I would have to raise the matter again.
我能问你点什麽吗?
Can I ask you something?
是的,继续。
Yes, go ahead.
你在干什麽?
What are you doing?
你是什麽意思?
What do you mean?
你这样站着干什麽?
What are you doing when you stand like that?
你在谈论什麽?
What are you talking about?
好吧,伙计。我们可以谈谈——
All right, man. We can talk about it--
不,拜託。什麽 - 什麽...
No, please. What-- what...
我该怎麽办?
What do I do?
你站在那裡,完全静止不动。
You stand out there, completely still.
我吗?
Do I?
是的。就像你只是不在那裡一样。
Yeah. It's like you're just not there.
我说什麽吗?
Do I say anything?
不。
No.
我的意思是,你,就像完全消失了。
I mean, you're, like completely gone.
就像,完全遥不可及。
Like, completely out of reach.
你没有移♥动♥一英寸。
You didn't move an inch.
就像你听不到我的声音,
It was like you couldn't hear me,
就像你在别的地方一样。
like you were somewhere else.
和。。。
And...
我什麽时候这样做?
when do I do this?
今天早上。
This morning.
前几天,你让我和你一起出来,
And the other day, you made me come out there with you,
然后你就这样站在那裡。
and then you just stood there like that.
我这样站在那裡多久?
How long do I stand there like that?
电影精选列表