我所有的精力都耗尽了。
All my energy drained away.
我突然难以集中注意力,
I suddenly had difficulty concentrating,
一股僵硬感蔓延到我的肩膀上。
and a stiffness spread across my shoulders.
三天没有房♥间后,
After three days without the room,
我开始感到不安。
I started to feel unsettled.
我变得烦躁,注意到我比平时出汗更多。
I became irritable and noticed I was sweating more than usual.
最尖锐的禁欲焦虑开始消退,
The most acute abstinence anxiety was starting to subside,
但就好像这个习惯还在我身体里一样。
but it was as if the habit was still in my body.
我经常不得不阻止自己
I constantly had to stop myself
当我意识到我的身体正在自行前往那裡时,
when I realized my body was on its way there of its own accord,
就像一个戒烟者摸索着一包香烟。
like an ex-smoker fumbling for a pack of cigarettes.
我试着想别的事情,
I tried to think about something else,
每次我感到冲动时,我都会从 20 开始倒数。
and every time I felt the urge, I counted down from 20.
我没有进去。
I didn't go in.
我敢肯定。
I'm sure of that.
第二天早上,我醒来时想着这个房♥间。
The next morning, I woke up thinking about the room.
...然后是左边,然后是另一个右边,
...then a left, and then another right,
然后是左边的门... - 我试图分散自己的注意力
and then a left door... - I tried to distract myself
通过沉迷于一些轻鬆的閒聊
by indulging in some light small talk
与接待处的那个迷人的女人。
with that engaging woman in reception.
早上好。
Good morning.
我敢打赌你对所有的人都这麽说。
I bet you say that to all the guys.
是的,我愿意。
Yeah, I do.
呃,你那裡没有任何♥平♥面图,
Uh, you don't have any floor plans back there,
是吗?
do you?
平面图?
Floor plans?
呃,蓝图,比如建筑物的地图。
Uh, blueprints, like, maps of the building.
不。我可以帮你找到你想去的任何地方。
No. I can help you find anywhere you're trying to go.
不,没关係。我会——我会——我会想办法的。
No, that's okay. I'll-- I'll-- I'll figure it out.
好。是否确定?这是我的工作。
Okay. Are you sure? It's kind of my job.
不,不,我会...我会没事的。
No. No, I'll... I'll be okay.
我上了四楼,下了车,
I went up to the fourth floor, got out,
快到门口了。
and was almost at the door.
我蹑手蹑脚地走向禁地
I crept toward the forbidden place
就像耶诞节早晨的孩子,
like a child on Christmas morning,
停在它旁边,
stopped right next to it,
站在那裡感受着这麽近的感觉。
stood there feeling what it was like to be so close.
不。不,不,这不是你想的那样。
No. No, no, it's not what you think.
他又在那裡。-我没有。
He was there again. - I wasn't.
我看见你了。-不。
I saw you. - No.
我——我看见你了。你又这样站着了。
I-- I saw you. You were standing like that again.
不,我只是站着。
No, I was just standing.
他只是站着。
He was just standing.
这就是我要说的。- 是的,好吧,
That's what I'm saying. - Yeah, well,
人们被允许站着不动。
people are allowed to stand still.
没有人能阻止你站在那裡一会儿。
No one can stop you just standing there for a moment.
奥森,我们在这裡谈论了多久?
Orson, how long are we talking about here?
纪要?秒?
Minutes? Seconds?
我没有进去。
I didn't go inside.
他没有进去。
He didn't go inside.
消息像群组电子邮件一样从卡罗尔传开。
Word spread from Carol like a group email.
白天,几乎每个人都经过她的办公桌,
During the day, practically everyone passed her desk,
在他们继续前进之前,他们设法朝我的方向看了一眼。
and before they walked on, they managed to glance in my direction.
那天我决定早点回家。
I decided to go home slightly early that day.
我感觉不太好。
I wasn't feeling very well.
我忘记了找到我的车有多困难
I had forgotten how difficult it was to locate my car
当时的停车场里,
in the parking lot at that time,
和我一样,习惯于比其他人晚离开
used, as I was, to leaving later than everyone else
当地段大部分是空的时。
when the lot was mostly empty.
我第一次意识到自己有多奇怪。
For the first time, I realized how weird I'd been.
想想我做过的所有愚蠢的事情
Thinking about all the stupid things I had done
他们导致的事情让我头疼。
and what they had led to gave me a headache.
如果我能到达我想要的地方,
If I was to get where I wanted,
我需要採用一种全新的战术方法。
I would need to adopt an entirely new tactical approach.
我能达到多高?
How high can I get?
如果我再这样下去,谁能阻止我?
If I carry on like this, who could stop me?
你为什麽迟到?- 我睡过头了。
Why are you late? - I overslept.
我很抱歉。我——我很难入睡。
I'm very sorry. I-- I had trouble falling asleep.
我躺在那裡想...
I lay there thinking...
思考最近发生的事件,
thinking about recent events,
我说过的话,做过的事情,等等,还有...
things that I've said, and done, and so on, and...
我看得出来我一直表现得很奇怪,
I can see I've been behaving strangely,
我想尽我所能...
and I'd like to do what I can to...
好吧,为了纠正我可能造成的任何问题。
well, to make right any problems I may have caused.
奥森。奥森,奥森。
Orson. Orson, Orson.
但是,我知道我也给你带来了麻烦,
But, I know I've caused problems for you too,
我想请求你的原谅。
and I'd like to ask for your forgiveness.
我从来没想过要惹麻烦。
It was never my intention to cause any trouble.
我可以向你保证,从现在开始,不会再有这种情况了。
I can promise you, from here on out, there will be no more of that.
坐下。
Sit down.
你是一个不寻常的人。
You're an unusual person.
我很高兴你花时间思考问题。
I'm glad you've taken the time to think things through.
也许值得晚点开始。
Maybe it was worth getting a late start.
显然,我会弥补我失去的任何时间。
Obviously, I'll make up for any time I've lost.
别担心。如果我们能让您回到正轨,
Don't worry about that. If we can get you back on track,
这个小小的休息是完全合理的。所以
this little break will have been entirely justified. So,
我们现在就规则达成一致了吗?
we're agreed on the rules now?
是的。- 我们可以忘记所有关于...?
Yes. - And we can forget all about the...?
答桉是肯定的。
Of course.
没有人会比我更快乐...
No one will be happier than I...
如果我们能找到解决这个问题的方法。
if we can find a solution to this.
哦,我已经,呃,完成了你要求的电♥话♥号♥码清单。
Oh, and I've, uh, finished that list of phone numbers you asked for.
哦,太好了。你知道吗?明天。。。
Oh, excellent. Do you know what? Tomorrow...
您能否列出哪些项目已通过QA的清单
could you put together a list of which projects have gone through QA
哪些没有?把它写在纸上就好了。
and which ones haven't? It'd be good to have that on paper.
你可以通过以下途径知道它们来自哪裡——
And you can tell where they come from by--
哦,是的。我知道。
Oh, yeah. I know.
查看报告底部是否有两个签名。
Look to see if there are two signatures at the bottom of the report.
我能——我能做到。
I can-- I can do it.
伟大。
Great.
由于我起步晚,
Owing to my late start,
我想我不妨晚点呆一会儿。
I thought I may as well stay a bit late.
大约一个小时后,我乘电梯直奔大厅,
An hour or so later, I took the elevator straight to the lobby,
没有经过房♥间。
without passing the room.
关闭的威胁像恶灵一样笼罩着整个师。
The threat of closure hung like an evil spirit over the whole division.
拉克什和安德鲁进行了无休止的激烈讨论,
Rakesh and Andrew had endless heated discussions,
总是以谈论整个公♥司♥的可能性结束
which always ended with talk about the possibility of the entire company
被关闭。
being closed down.
我以为这是管理层让我们保持警惕
I assumed this was management keeping us on our toes
不要让任何人认为他们是安全的。
and not letting anyone think they were safe.
如果这有效... - 我不明白你在做什麽...
If this works... - I don't understand what you're...
好吧,我告诉你,我无法产生更清晰的文本
Okay, I'm telling you, I can't produce a clearer text
由此-- -当然可以。
from this-- - Of course, you can.
就在午餐前,另一份列印输出
Just before lunch, another printout
被送到安德鲁的办公室。
was delivered to Andrew's office.
呃,我现在该怎麽办?
Uh, what shall I do now?
嗯?
Hmm?
如果有,任何消息
If there's perhaps, any messaging
还是任何文本中的清晰度问题?
or clarity issues in any of the texts?
你在想什麽?
What are you thinking?
我只是想知道我是否可以提供説明。
I was just wondering if I could help.
不,谢谢。
No, thanks.
我不这麽认为。会没事的。
I don't think so. It'll be fine.
哦,但你可以...
Oh, but you could...
检查所有印表机。确保有足够的纸张,依此类推。
check all the printers. Make sure there's enough paper, and so on.
我意识到我的屈辱必须被拖走
I realized that my humiliation had to be dragged
一直到最底层。
right down to the very bottom.
我不介意。
I didn't mind.
这都是计划的一部分。
It was all part of the plan.
...洗牌还是洗牌?
...shuffled up or shuffled down?
电影精选列表