有天晚上我出去玩的时候碰上了莫娜
I met Mona on a night out.
她喜欢爵士乐 我也喜欢 所以我们相处得很好
She likes jazz and so do I, so we hit it off fine.
莫娜·莱恩最近没在好莱坞露过面
Mona Lane has not been seen out on the town lately.
你知道她在哪吗
Do you happen to know where she is?
我以为这个专访是关于我的来着
Say, I thought this story was supposed to be about me.
是的 洛马克斯小姐
It is, Miss Lomax.
我们只需要回答读者的一些问题
We just have to answer questions for our readers.
你不是记者啊
You're no reporter.
你以前不是在邓巴酒吧当门卫吗
Hey, didn't you used to work the door down at Dun Bar?
好吧
Okay.
我就开门见山了
I'm gonna shoot it to you straight.
莫娜·莱恩失踪了 我被雇来找她
Mona Lane's gone missing, I've been hired to find her.
失踪
Missing?
我们认为她被绑♥架♥了
We believe she's been kidnapped.
- 啥叫我们 -制片厂
- Who's "we?" - The studio.
制片厂雇了个黑鬼来找白人女孩吗
The studio hired a nigga to find a white girl?
他们认为她在中♥央♥大街
They think she's been kidnapped by a trumpet player
被一个小号♥手绑♥架♥了
that plays down on Central Av.
我想你可能知道些什么
I thought you might know something about it.
你有点可爱
You're kinda cute.
你亲我一下 我就告诉你
I'll tell you what you wanna know for a kiss.
所以...
So...
这个小号♥手 叫什么名字
This trumpet player, what's his name?
推特杰克逊
Tweet Jackson.
那就是他的名字
That's his name.
他来自东部某处 但是
He's from somewhere back east, but,
谁都想来好莱坞分一杯羹
who the hell isn't in this town?
你就知道这些吗
That's all you know about him?
他住在哪里
Where does he live?
如果你想知道更多 法蒂乌斯·奎斯特普先生
You wanna know more, Mr. Fattius Quickstep,
你就得在我卧室见我
you're gonna have to meet me in my bedroom.
我只知道他吹得非常好
All I know is that he play that horn so well,
就像是他给女孩施了咒
it's like he put a spell on a woman.
但是平时老和一群痞子混在一起 所以
He run with a rough crowd, though, so,
虽然他扮演一个天使 但他还是个街头黑鬼
he plays an angel, but he's still a nigga from the street.
你只知道这些吗
Is that all you got?
给你的话...
For you...
我还有很多
I got a lot more.
来吧 先生
Come on, mister.
每个人都想让我逗他们笑
Everybody want me to make them laugh,
让他们忘记烦恼
and make them forget about they troubles,
忘了生活中的痛苦 那我呢
forget about they pain in life, but what about me?
我也需要点慰藉
I need somethin', too.
我也需要得到安慰
I need to feel good, too.
莫娜
Mona!
那是谁
Who is that?
莫娜
Mona!
听起来像吉米斯丹斯
Sounds like Jimmy Stance.
他对莫娜迷得死去活来
He got a crush on Mona somethin' bad.
制片厂安排他们约会 只是为了宣传
The studio set 'em up on a date, just for publicity.
从那以后 他就觉得莫娜是他的真命天女
Ever since then, he thinks Mona's really his girl.
他为什么来这里啊
Why the hell he come here?
他到处找她 苦寻不得
He been lookin' all over town for her.
莫娜
Hey, Mona?
看来他终于找到这儿来了
I guess he finally made it here.
我想那男孩坠入爱河了
The boy's in love, I guess.
他一定是爱死她了
He must have really fallen for her.
莫娜
Mona?
我不忍♥心告诉他只是宣传需要
I don't have the heart to tell him that it's not real.
你最好告诉他一些事
Well you better tell him somethin',
在他把你的门撞倒之前
before he knock your gate down.
-莫娜 你在这里吗 -请做点什么
- Mona, are you in here? - Please do somethin'.
莫娜
Mona.
莫娜
Mona.
她在哪 我的莫娜在哪
Hey, where is she, where's my Mona?
我知道你知道她在哪
I know you know where she is.
她不在这里
She ain't here.
我不相信你 你知道吗 小子
I don't believe you, and you know what, boy?
找到她之前我不会走的
I'm not gonna leave until I find her.
随便你
Suit yourself.
我离开纳丁家的时候并不比进来时多知道多少
I left Nadine's house no better off than when I came in.
第一次出手 我挑了个高难度的 没击中
Strike one, I had aimed high and missed.
现在是时候放低点标准了
Now it was time to aim low.
布莱克·菲利普斯是个老演员了
Blackie Philips was an old actor
歌♥舞剧出身
who came up through Vaudeville.
他表演过你能想到的所有类型的歌♥舞
He played every type of song and dance you could think of.
在他那个时代 他主演过十几部电影
In his day, he had starred in over a dozen movies.
但后来他的膝盖不好 不能再跳舞了
But when his knees went bad and he couldn't dance no more,
他的好莱坞生涯就结束了
his Hollywood career was over.
现在他老了 成天在他家厨房♥后面
Now in his old age, he kept a quiet card game
沉默寡言地玩牌
in the back of his house behind the kitchen.
我知道在这个世界上唯一赚实在钱的方法
The only way I know to make some real money in this world
就是在火车上工作 当搬运工
is workin' on them trains, being a porter.
这钱不错
That's good money.
我宁愿在电影里演搬运工也不愿当真的搬运工
I'd rather be a porter in pictures than to be one.
白人总想让我们俯首称臣
Them white boys want a man to bend over too much.
我拍过15部电影
Hell, I've been in 15 pictures.
演过服务生 擦鞋工 火车搬运工
Been a busboy, a shoeshine boy, a train porter.
不管是哪一种 我总是说同样的台词
Don't matter the part, I always say the same thing.
是的 先生 老板
"Yes, sir, boss.
你说得对 老板
"You sure is right, boss.
我不知道 你说什么就是什么 老板
"I don't know, whatever you say, boss."
别闹了 出牌了
Cut the shit and give me a card.
三部泰山电影我都参演了
I've been in all three Tarzan movies,
我只能说 哦 哦 哦
and all I ever say is, "ooga booga booga."
但我不在乎
But me, I don't care.
他妈的猴子都比我的戏份多
Damn monkey get more lines than I do.
只要他们最后付我钱
As long as they pay me at the end of the day.
别让他们给你用香蕉抵债
Just make sure they don't pay you in bananas.
因为你知道 如果他们可以做 他们会的
'Cause you know, if they could, they would.
他妈的 在电影里一定很刺♥激♥
Damn, must be exciting being in the pictures.
你们可以和电影明星在一起工作
You fellas get to be right there with the movie stars.
告诉我 和詹姆斯·卡格尼一起工作是什么感觉
Tell me, what is it like workin' with James Cagney?
卡格尼
Cagney?
他挺好
Yeah, he's all right.
我有一次卖♥♥给他大♥麻♥香烟
Sold him some reefer once.
你之前说你从哪来的来着
Where'd you say you was from again?
刚从华盛顿的瓦拉·瓦拉区下了车
Just got off the bus from Walla Walla, Washington.
我想在死前看看大海
Thought I'd see the ocean before I die.
你是怎么听说我们的牌局的
How'd you hear about our card game here?
瓦拉·瓦拉肯定有个口风不严实的家伙
Somebody in Walla Walla must have a big mouth.
不 是我认识的一个叫推特的家伙 忘了他的姓
No, fella I met named Tweet, forgot his last name.
杰克逊 对对对 推特杰克逊
Jackson, that's it, Tweet Jackson.
他说他是吹小号♥的
Man say he play the horn.
跟我说过这里有个牌局
Told me about this here card game.
我想试试手气
Thought I'd try my luck.
你今天手气不太好
Yeah, well, your luck ain't so good today.
这个小号♥手呢 推特杰克逊
How about this horn player, Tweet Jackson?
你们知道在哪里能找到他吗
You fellas know where to find him?
你问的问题真让人紧张
You ask questions make people nervous.
你听起来像警♥察♥
You sound like the police.
只是他跟我打台球 欠我钱而已
Just that he owe me money from a pool game, that's all.
真的吗
That right?
上周二 我五局三胜
I beat him three games out of five, last Tuesday.
他欠我23英镑
He owe me £23.
你在撒谎
That's a lie.
推特杰克逊上周二一整天都不在这里
Tweet Jackson wouldn't be there last Tuesday, all day.
那一定是我记错了 可能是星期三
Then it must Wednesday I'm thinkin' of, yeah.
再试一次 先生
Try again, mister.
天啊 我哪知道那天是什么日子
Aw, hell, I don't know what day it was.
电影精选列表