"Archie Glass, the greatest American actor alive."
电影界新星正在升起
好莱坞新星 莫娜·莱恩
进来吧
Come in.
坐下
Sit down.
你叫什么名字
What's your name?
格拉斯 先生
Glass, sir.
格拉斯 先生
Glass, sir.
阿奇·格拉斯
Archie Glass.
阿奇·格拉斯
Archie Glass.
你是从哪里听说这份工作的
How'd you hear about this job?
我在酒吧遇见的男人说你们在找黑人演员
Fella I met in a bar said y'all was lookin' for black
我觉得我挺符合描述的 就过来了
folks, so I figured I fit the description and came on over.
好 简单给你讲一下
So, here's the skinny, okay?
制片厂想用真正的黑人来代替
The studio wants to start usin' Negro folk instead of
电影里化妆成黑人的白人演员
white actors who are dressed up as Negros in makeup.
因此 很多优秀的白人演员都失业了
Now, a lot of good white actors have lost their jobs
加州梦 这可以是你的未来
但是呢 制片厂就是可以为所欲为
because of it, but, what the studio wants, the studio gets.
明白了吗
All right?
向右转
Turn to your right.
仰头
Look up.
另一边
The other side.
好嘞 你够黑了 可以扮演一个真正的黑人
Okay, you look black enough to me to be a real Negro.
我是个男人 先生 是个演员
I'm a man, sir, and an actor.
-你不是个暴脾气吧 -不是 先生
- Not a hothead, are you? - No, sir.
我不需要暴脾气的人
I don't need any hotheads.
不是吧 好的
No? Okay.
嗯 你以前有银幕经验吗
Okay, you ever been in front of the camera before?
你表演过吗
Have you ever acted?
有点经验 先生 一两场教堂演出
A little, sir, one or two church plays.
我今天见过八个和你一样的人
Well, I've seen eight other guys just like you today.
你和他们有什么不同
What makes you different than them?
我小时候初生牛犊不怕虎
When I was a little young pup,
惹了一些麻烦 进过监狱
I got myself in some trouble, wind up in jail.
我和一堆成年人呆在一起 每天都想哭
I was in there with grown men and I wanted to cry every day.
我很害怕 但我不能让他们看出来
I was afraid, but I couldn't let them see that.
所以 我想 先生 我可以说我这辈子都在演戏
So, I guess, sir, I can say I've been actin' my whole life.
哈 不过也不会让你演莎士比亚的戏剧
Yeah, well, you're not gonna be doin' any Shakespeare.
懂吗
All right?
只是偶尔一两句台词而已
Just a line or two here and there,
推动故事发展 逗笑观众
keep the story moving around, keep the audience laughin'.
-明白了吗 -明白了 先生
- Got it? - Yes, sir.
你会读台词吗
You know how to read?
会的 先生
Yes, sir.
好吧 读这个
All right, read this.
准备好了就开始
When you're ready.
整个世界都是一个舞台
"All the world is a stage,
所有的男人和女人 都是演员
"and all the men and women, merely players.
他们有自己的出入口
"They have their exits and an entrance.
一个人可以扮演很多角色
"And one man plays many parts."
作为有色人种来说 还不错
Not bad for a colored.
我是说 你是没听过那些不会读的人
I mean, you've gotta hear the guys comin' here.
我根本听不明白他们在说什么
I don't understand a damn thing they're sayin'.
可以
Okay.
把这张单子给服装部
Take this slip down to wardrobe.
他们会给你挑一套行李员的衣服
They're gonna get you fitted for a porter uniform.
然后你明天早上六点半回来
And then I want you to come back here, tomorrow.
到第七个场子去拍戏
Stage seven at 6:30 AM.
-明白了吗 -明白 先生
- Got it? - Yes, sir.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
-你不会后悔的 -我知道 走吧
- You won't regret it. - I know, go.
下一个
Next.
干杯
Cheers.
唐尼
Donny!
你好吗
How are you?
我现在好多了
I'm better now.
你这段时间怎么没影了
Where have you been keeping yourself?
我一周没在俱乐部见过你了
I haven't seen you at the club in a week.
我一直都在附近
I've been around.
唐尼 这是阿奇·格拉斯
Donny, this is Archie Glass.
就像我说的 你去哪了
Like I said, where have you been?
上次出去的时候我们玩得很开心
I thought we had a good time the last time we went out.
这个小丑是谁
Who is this clown?
冷静点 黑鬼
Keep your cool, nigga.
这是个不错的地方 适合斯文人
This is a nice place, for nice folks.
见到你我总是很开心
It's always my pleasure.
我说 那是谁
I said, who was that?
那是唐尼·奥布雷克斯
That's Donny Obrex.
他是我以前唱歌♥的管弦乐队的领队
He leads the orchestra that I used to sing in.
他一直想让我回到乐队
He's been wantin' me to get back with the band.
我觉得他想要的不止这些
I think he wants more than that.
我们曾经在一起过
We were together once.
在你出现之前
Before you came along.
跟我说说 你是怎么得到这个角色的
So, tell me, how did you get the part?
你是怎么打败
What did you do to beat all those other guys
其他比你强的人的
that were better than you?
那个肥猫选角导演
I just told that fat cat casting director
他想听什么我就说什么
what he wanted to hear.
到底是什么
And what was that?
在我年轻的时候为了活下来
A sob story about having to pretend to be other people
不得不虚与委蛇的悲惨故事
in order to survive when I was young.
是假话吗
It wasn't true?
当然是真话
Sure it was.
你的演技真是太好了
You're awfully good at play acting.
但有时候 我想知道
But sometimes, I wonder.
真正的阿奇格拉斯是什么样的
Who is the real Archie Glass?
我在酒吧看到了一个熟人
I see somebody at the bar I know.
我马上回来 宝贝
I'll be right back, baby.
恩尼斯
Hey, Ennis!
我欠你一杯
Hey, I owe you a drink.
你给我的消息真的有用
That tip you gave me really paid off.
我现在参演电影了
I'm in a movie now.
虽然只有一点点戏份 但这是一个开始
It's a small part, but it's a start.
我欠你的人情
And I owe it all to you.
祝贺你
Congratulations.
你叫什么名字
What's your name again?
阿奇·格拉斯
Archie Glass.
敬阿奇·格拉斯
To Archie Glass!
中♥央♥大街上最伟大的演员
The greatest actor, on Central Avenue.
拜托 恩尼斯 我们得走了
Come on, Ennis, we gotta go do that thing.
小子 拿上你的东西 走吧
Man, get your stuff, let's go.
-好吧 摄像机就位 -摄像机就位了
- All right, camera rolling? - Cameras are rolling!
音效就位
Sound speeding?
演员就位
Actor ready?
好吧 听着 你的台词就是
Okay, now listen, all you need to say is,
我不知道 老板 我觉得这地方闹鬼了
"I don't know, boss, I thinks this place is haunted!"
懂了吗
Okay?
开始
And action!
我不知道 老板 我觉得这地方闹鬼
I don't know, boss, I think this place is haunted.
停
Cut.
好吧 我觉得太棒了
All right, I think that was swell.
好吧 再来一个
Okay, let's try another one.
这次 我想让你说 嗯
This time, I want you to say, um,
我觉得这地方闹鬼了 我好怕鬼啊
"I thinks this place is haunted and I'm afraid of ghosts!"
开始
Action!
我觉得这地方闹鬼了 我好怕鬼啊
I thinks this place is haunted and I'm afraid of ghosts.
好吧 好吧 太棒了
All right, all right, that was great.
现在 试试这个
Now, try this one on.
我怕鬼
"I is afraid of ghosts.
我真的太害怕了 可能会吓得脸都要白了
"I think I might get so scared, I may just turn white!"
尽你所能 好吗
Give it all you got, all right?
电影精选列表