就不要想着拖延付款
"if you want to see her alive again."
看来莱恩小姐在经常光顾的爵士俱乐部
It seems that Miss Lane got herself
遇到一些麻烦了
into trouble frequenting jazz clubs.
莱恩小姐
And Miss Lane
挑男人的品味很特别
likes a certain kind of company.
我不明白
I don't follow.
她喜欢黑人
She likes Negro men.
制片厂投入了很多资源和资金
Now, the studio has invested a lot of resources and money,
塑造莫娜·莱恩的人设
into the image of Mona Lane.
她是我们冉冉升起的新星之一
She's one of our up and rising stars.
我不能让人知道她是个黑鬼情人
I can't risk her image to be tarnished
这会毁了她的人设
by people thinking that she's a nigger lover.
你现在听懂了吗 格拉斯先生
Do you follow me now, Mr. Glass?
我想是的
I guess I do.
如果你能言出必行
If you can do what you say,
我会奖励你的
I'll reward you.
我会把你从黑名单上抹掉的
I'll take you off that blacklist,
而且我会让你参演我的一部电影
and I'll put you in one of my films.
你找到她的时候就打电♥话♥来
Now, you call when you find her,
奥尼尔会去接她
and O'Neal here will go and fetch her,
赶在某些流氓记者
before some rogue reporter with an itch
为了扬名立万而胡乱报道之前
to make a name for himself can write about it.
你能言出必行吗
Can I trust your word?
这话真可笑
That's a funny thing to ask a man.
是的 你可以相信我
Yes, you can trust me.
那我们成交了
Then you have a deal.
只有一件事
Just one thing.
那是什么
Yeah, what's that?
你为什么不付钱给绑匪
Why don't you just pay the kidnappers?
我很确定你能负担得起
I'm pretty sure you can afford it,
而且你余钱应该很多
and you got plenty to spare.
我来告诉你
Let me tell you something.
我不能让一帮蒙面黑鬼
I am not about to let some hoodling gang of Negros
觉得他们能把我玩弄在股掌之中
think that they can boss me around.
在我身上 他们一个钢镚儿都拿不到
They won't get a wooden nickel out of me.
你现在听懂了吗 格拉斯先生
Do you follow me now, Mr. Glass?
我想是的
I guess I do.
格拉斯
Glass.
你要是能找到那个女孩 那母猪都能上树
You find the girl, I'll deal with the coked-up coons.
那你这么牛逼 你怎么不去找她呢
If you're so bad, why don't you just find her yourself?
就因为老板跟你做交易了
Just because the boss made you a promise, doesn't mean
不代表路上我不会把你的牙齿打掉的
I won't knock out some of your teeth along the way.
我会等你的电♥话♥
I'll be waiting for your call.
山姆
Sam?
给我十分钟
Give me 10.
你去哪里了
Where have you been?
你凭什么想消失就消失
You think you can just disappear on me
想出现就出现
and come back whenever you want?
我只是有些事要想清楚 仅此而已
I just been trying to figure some things out, that's it.
那你为什么不去
Well why don't you go talk
跟你女朋友讲讲你的问题呢
to your girlfriend about your problems?
我没有女朋友
I don't have a girlfriend.
我是说 我只想和你在一起
I mean, you're the only one I wanna be with.
在我心里你是我女朋友 我是说
I think you're my girlfriend, I mean--
你说话颠三倒四的
You sound confused.
你去喝酒吧
Go get yourself a drink.
他们对我做的事很不公平
It just ain't fair what they did to me.
这世界从来就不公平
This world ain't fair.
你最好习惯一下
And you'd better get used to it.
好莱坞什么都不公平
There ain't nothin' fair about this town.
我需要借你的车
I need to borrow your car.
我的车
My car?
为了什么
For what?
我有一个机会 第二次机会 真的
I got a chance, a second chance, really.
一个很重要的机会
A shot at the big time.
你在说什么 阿奇
What are you talkin' about, Archie?
我现在不能把一切都告诉你
I can't tell you everything right now,
但我要找到一个白人女孩
but I need to find this white gal.
白人女孩
A white girl?
我蹲大牢的时候 有一个老黑人乔
When I was in lockup, there was this old black Joe,
我觉得他是个演员之类的
and I reckon he was some kind of actor or somethin'.
因为在晚上
'Cause at nighttime,
他会背诵一些剧本
he would recite these plays,
而我闭上眼睛想象这个老家伙说过的
and I would close my eyes and imagine all the people
所有人和所有的地方
and the places this old buster used to talk about.
所以 出狱时间到之后 我自♥由♥了
So, when time come again and I'm free,
我说我要去好莱坞当演员
I say I'm going to Hollywood to become an actor.
那是我的梦想
That's my dream.
如果我能帮那个老头子找到这个白人姑娘的话
And if findin' this white gal for some old cracker's
我就会更接近那个梦想 管他呢
gonna get me closer to that dream, then damn it all.
他妈的
Damn it all.
谁知道呢
Who knows?
我可以成为明星
I could become a star.
明星
A star?
现在我知道你在白日做梦了
Now I know you're dreamin'.
我只是想让你相信我一点
I'm just asking you just to trust me a little bit.
你不是唯一一个
You are not the only one
穷途末路的人
with their back against the wall.
我们都有不得不做的艰难抉择
We all have hard choices that we have to make.
我得走了
I have to go.
我知道
I know.
我站在你面前
You're chasing a girl,
但你要去找另一个女孩
when you have one standing in front of you.
纳丁是个八卦狂
Nadine was a gossip hound.
她知道谁和谁睡一起 时间和地点都清楚得很
She knew who was sleepin' with who, when and where.
人们喜欢告诉她秘密
People liked tellin' her secrets, I was hopin' that
我暗自希望有人在她耳边说过莫娜的事
someone had whispered in her ear about Mona.
-你怎么进来的 -大门没锁
- How'd you get in here? - The gate was unlocked.
我按了门铃 但没人理
I rang the bell, but no one answered.
你是谁
Who are you?
我是法蒂乌斯·奎斯特普 好莱坞黑人媒体的记者
I'm Fattius Quickstep, I'm with the Hollywood Negro Press,
我正在写一篇报道
and I have some questions I wanna ask you
我有几个问题想问你
about an article I'm writing.
一篇报道啊
An article!
你为什么不早说
Why didn't you say so?
你是说要给我写个专访吗
You sayin' something about doing a story on me?
一个专题节目
A feature.
专题节目
A feature!
是的 我们准备了一些你的粉丝想知道的问题
Yes, we have some questions your fans would like to know.
继续
Go on.
-你最喜欢什么颜色 -粉色
- What's your favorite color? - Pink.
但那太特立独行了 我们就说黄色吧
But that's too racy, so let's just say yellow.
你最喜欢的花是什么
What's your favorite flower?
当然是玫瑰
Roses, of course.
-来一杯马提尼吗 -不 谢谢
- Martini? - No, thank you.
我上班从不喝酒
I never drink on the job.
真可惜
Shame.
你最喜欢和谁合作
Who is your favorite actor to work with?
我不想惹麻烦 所以
I don't wanna get in any trouble, so,
就说全部吧
let's just say all of 'em.
没关系
That's fine.
那 你一般周五晚上
So, tell us, what do you like to do
比较喜欢做什么
on your typical Friday night?
我喜欢和我的好朋友们出去玩
Well, me and my girls like to go out.
去哪里
Where?
在中♥央♥大街那边
Over on Central Avenue.
的邓巴酒店
Dun Bar Hotel.
那地方真是热闹非凡
That place really swings.
有人看到过你和朋友莫娜·莱恩一起出现过
You've been seen with your gal pal, Mona Lane.
跟我们聊聊你们的友谊吧
Tell us about you guys' friendship.
电影精选列表