Tom, are you all right? -I'm OK.
你们在胡闹什么,你们疯了吗?
What's the matter with you men, are you crazy?
不,长官,都是我的错,长官
No, sir, it's all my fault, sir.
我拒绝跳伞,卡特才不得不把飞机开回来
I refused to bail out and Carter had to bring her in.
好的,休斯,和飞行外科医生一起走,待会儿见我
All right, Hughes, go with the flight surgeon and see me later.
好了,卡特,出来吧
All right, Carter, come on out.
来了,长官,我一取下投弹瞄准镜就来
Coming, sir, as soon as I get the bomb sight.
有一个小伙子认为自己被淘汰了,或者被调离了
There's a lad that rates a washout, or a transfer.
当然,那是你的拿手好戏
Sure, that'd be right up your alley.
把一个好的学员调到飞行员学校
Transfer a good cadet to a pilot school.
卡特先生,请原谅
Well, Mr Carter, I beg your pardon.
很抱歉我们不会给你授衔了。 -当然了,长官
I'm sorry we didn't meet you with a band. -Certainly, sir.
好了,医生,这还有另外一个
All right, Doc, here's another one for you.
当他醒了,罚他穿上伞包,行军 -是的,先生
When he comes to, put him on the ramp, walking. -Yes, sir.
玛米!
Mamie!
玛米!
Mamie!
哦,我可怜的天使
Oh, my poor angel.
等一下,我马上下来
Wait a minute, I'll be right down.
天,我跟你说了什么?
See? What did I tell you?
吉米
Jim!
吉米,到我这儿来
Jim, I'm over here.
小心点。 -哦,天哪!
Be careful. -Oh, gee!
嘿,别走,我马上回来。
Hey, don't go away, I'll be right back..
谢谢你保护了汤姆
Thanks for standing by Tom.
我不太确定是为了汤姆
I'm not so sure it was for Tom.
马上回来
Be right back.
如果你休假几个小时,今晚你仍然可以休假
If you walk your hours off, you'll still get your leave tonight,
那我能见见你吗? -你能见到我吗?
could I see you then? -Could you see me?
我就是这么说的
That's what I said.
为什么,自从我来到这里以来,我一直想和你约会。
Why, I've been wanting to make a date with you ever since I landed here.
那你为什么不联♥系♥我?我做到了。 -为什么,我…我。
Then why didn't you get in touch with me? -I did. Why, I... I...
请说吧,孩子
Go right ahead, son.
不要紧张,说出你想说的话
Don't be nervous, say what you want to say.
毕竟,现在是时候了
After all, this is the time.
我可以成为投弹手,长官,相信我
I can be a Bombardier, sir, believe me.
我很努力,但我会更加努力
I've worked hard, but I'll work harder.
我一心想坐上投弹手的位置
I've had my heart set on getting up there.
我知道,乔丹
I know that, Jordan,
你的心愿是没有错的
there's nothing wrong with your heart.
然而,这是学校委员会的决定,你被淘汰了
However, it's been the decision of this board that you be eliminated.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
记录一下,看看我们是否在航♥空♥照相或武器学校
Make a note to see if we can't find a place for that youngster
给这个年轻人找个位置。他是个不错的小伙子
in photographic or armament school. He's a good boy.
学员托马斯.休斯
Cadet Thomas Hughes.
好的,坐下吧
All right, have a seat.
休斯学员,这个委员会决定你
Cadet Hughes, this board is to consider you
从投弹手培训中淘汰
for elimination from Bombardier training.
稍后,你可以为自己辩护
Later on, you may make a statement in your own defence.
然而,在这些结论程序结束时
However, at the conclusion of these proceedings
是不可能的申诉。你应当明白? -是的,长官
it will be impossible to reopen them. You understand that, of course?
-Yes, sir.
莫里斯少校,请报告休斯学员的身体记录
Major Morris, please report Cadet Hughes' physical record.
休斯学员的身体记录令人满意,但有一个例外,他经常对晕机上瘾。
Cadet Hughes' record is satisfactory with one
exception - he shows frequent addiction to air sickness.
德里斯科少校,报告休斯学员的军事理论学习记录
Major Driscoll, report Cadet Hughes' military record.
非常满意,长官
Perfectly satisfactory, sir.
兰德尔上尉,报告休斯学员的投弹成绩记录
Captain Randall, report Cadet Hughes' bombing record.
投弹成绩记录,非常好,长官
Bombing record - excellent, sir.
在执行任务时,休斯学员接到了命令,弃机和并安全跳伞
On his mission, Cadet Hughes was given a command to leave
his plane and parachute to safety.
他不服从命令
He disobeyed that command,
不仅危及他自己的生命,也危及卡特学员
endangering not only his own life but that of Cadet Carter, as well.
休斯学员承认,他拒绝跳伞是因为他害怕
Cadet Hughes has confessed that his refusal to jump was caused by fear.
休斯学员,你要向委员会为自己辩护吗?
Cadet Hughes, do you want to make a statement to the board?
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
我想再次提醒他们我的投弹记录,长官
I'd like to remind them again of my bombing record, sir,
只有34英尺的近似圆形
a composite circular of only 34 feet.
我承认我很害怕,害怕跳下飞机
I admit I was afraid, afraid to jump out of the plane...
但尽管我很害怕,我仍然可以轰炸目标,这就是我训练的目的,长官
but scared as I was, I could still bomb the target,
and that's the purpose of my training, sir.
但不认为你会发现在防空炮火或敌方战斗机
But don't you think you'd find that anti-aircraft or enemy fighter fire
的攻击下会比跳伞更令人紧张吗 -不,长官
would be even more nerve-wracking than the prospect of a parachute
jump? -No, sir.
我还是会击中目标的
I'd still hit that target.
总有一天
And someday,
如果委会员再给我一次机会
if the board will give me another chance,
我相信我能克服另一件事
I'm sure I can overcome this other thing.
先生们,我相信
Gentlemen, I believe that.
我相信好的投弹手就是好的投弹手
I believe a good Bombardier is a good Bombardier.
我相信休斯学员在努力
I believe Cadet Hughes was trying.
如果再给他一次机会,他会证明这是合理的
If he were given a further chance, he'd justify it.
不管怎么样,休斯学员会强迫自己克服某些不足
Somehow or other, Cadet Hughes has forced himself
去创造了令人羡慕的投弹记录的
to overcome certain deficiencies to make an enviable bombing record.
我怀疑他是在努力实现一个理想
I suspect he was trying to live up to an ideal.
这个理想太大,也许
An ideal that was too big, perhaps,
但正如我所说,先生们,他在努力
but as I said, gentlemen, he was trying.
毕竟,休斯先生本可以带着一个秘密在荣耀中驰骋
After all, Mr Hughes could have ridden through the glory with a secret,
但他选择不这么做
but he chose not to do that,
因为他有一种很容易被忽视的勇气
because he has a certain quality of courage which is easily overlooked.
先生们,我知道没有比一个人自称懦夫更大的勇气了
Gentlemen, I know of no greater courage than for a man to call himself a coward.
给你一次机会,卡特先生,解散吧 -谢谢你,长官
Your time's up, Mr Carter, you're dismissed. -Thank you, sir.
汤姆.休斯怎么样,长官?
What about Tom Hughes, sir?
淘汰结论暂停,戴维斯少校又给了他一次机会
Decision suspended, Major Davis got him another chance.
对不起,长官
Sorry, sir.
你觉得华盛顿的那封信怎么样?
Well, what do you think of that Washington letter?
我不知道我喜欢与否
I don't know whether I like it or not.
一个新职位会把我从学校调走
A new post would take me away from my school,
执行观察任务
go on observation duty.
我一直有点想去那里
I always did kind of want to get over there.
当然,我会是戴维斯上校
Of course, I would be Colonel Davis.
奎特.戴维斯上校
Colonel Quitter Davis. Hmm?
特.戴维斯上校,要我这样称呼你吗
Colonel Quitter Davis, that's what I'd call you.
你没读过吗?
Didn't you read this?
下一批毕业的投弹手将获得军衔和薪水
The next class of Bombardiers that graduate get wings and commissions.
这难道不是你一直想要的,是你为之奋斗的吗? -是的,是的
Isn't that something you've wanted, something you've
fought for? -Yes, it is.
他们将在全国各地建立投弹手学校。谁来组织他们?
And they'll establish Bombardier schools all over the country.
Who's going to organise them?
你最好再读一遍
You'd better read it again.
任命
Commissions.
你继续写,像我应该写的那样写
You go ahead and write it, write it like I should write it.
我会很高兴的
I'd be delighted.
告诉他们我不想当戴维斯上校执行外国任务
Tell them I don't want to be Colonel Davis on a foreign mission.
告诉他们我很感激他们为我的学员所做的一切,告诉...
Tell them I'm grateful for all they've done for my cadets, tell...
这这些吧。 -少校,你应该得到勋章
That's all. -Major, you deserve a decoration.
还需要刮胡子
And you also need a shave.
你好 -你好
Hello. -Hello.
"你好 你好"。这就是你能说的全部吗?
"Hello, hello." Is that all you can say?
来吧,我们走吧
Come on, let's get going.
哦,嘿,看!是巴克。
Oh, hey, look! It's Buck.
巴克是谁?
Buck who?
当你被挂在尾轮上你就知道是谁了。 蹲下!
You'll find out who when you get a kick in the tail assembly. Get down!
他还在那里
He's still there.
来吧,你这个蠢蛋,我们去吃墨西哥菜吧
Come on, you mush head, let's get some Mexican food.
你好,陌生人,你在找什么? -别介意
Hello, stranger, what are you looking for? -Never mind.
嘿,她在哪?
Hey, where is she?
什么,你说什么? -你听到了,她在哪里?
What's that, what did you say? -You heard me, where is she?
谁?你知道谁,你把她整天关在这里。我都好几天没见到她了
Who? You know who, you've kept her here all hours.
I've hardly seen her for days.
那应该会让她高兴的。你是不是一直在耍花招让她离我远点?
That ought to make her happy. Have you been pulling rank
to keep her away from me?
如果我是个私生子,我可以把她从你身边带走
I could take her away from you if I was a buck private.
如果你是一群雄性士兵就不会了
Not if you were a regiment of buck privates.
还记得福雷斯特将军在内战中说过的话吗?
Remember what General Forrest said in the Civil War?
是的,我知道
Yeah, I know.
电影精选列表